ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Plasma vs LCD? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277198)

Mr. Laz 10-08-2013 11:14 AM

Plasma vs LCD?

looking at getting a new 50-60 inch t.v.

Plasma or LCD?

any spec that's critical for a quality t.v.?

don't care about getting a smart t.v.

petegz28 10-08-2013 11:41 AM

Plasma better for sports but if you have a lot of glare in the room it will show

LCD good if there is a lot of glare in the room

Mr. Laz 10-08-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10063553)
Plasma better for sports but if you have a lot of glare in the room it will show

LCD good if there is a lot of glare in the room

it's going into a sunroom so i guess that makes the decision for me. lol

petegz28 10-08-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10065178)
it's going into a sunroom so i guess that makes the decision for me. lol

Try to get a 240hz refresh if you can. The faster the refresh the better for fast moving action.

Nightfyre 10-08-2013 09:21 PM

Oh but plasma has much truer color.... but the glare off the glass screen can be a pain. but the picture quality is so hot....

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10063437)
looking at getting a new 50-60 inch t.v.

Plasma or LCD?

any spec that's critical for a quality t.v.?

don't care about getting a smart t.v.

LED LCD and be sure to get a wireless equipped model because firmware updates are easy (and often automatic).

I have a 65 inch Sharp Aquos that's 120 and have zero issues with any sports. As I've recommended so many times, purchase from Costco because they double the manufacture's warranty. My parents had a 55" LCD Samsung that failed just after the warranty expired and Costco replaced the TV with a better model.

Bowser 10-08-2013 09:37 PM

What Dane said.

I have an older 50" Sony LCD which works fine, but I want an LED model soooo bad. The picture is just amazing.

Pants 10-08-2013 10:08 PM

Plasma has superior picture and color accuracy, not to mention the true blacks. Plasma screens are heavy, the glare can suck and they use up way more electricity. The picture quality trumps all those things, IMO.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10065752)
What Dane said.

I have an older 50" Sony LCD which works fine, but I want an LED model soooo bad. The picture is just amazing.

I have three Vizio LED LCD's and they're great. They're super lightweight, extremely energy efficient and don't exude any heat (which was really important to me).

I'd highly recommend them and they have great prices at Costco.

That said, I don't exactly "miss" them when I'm watching my Sharp Aquos 65 and 47 or even the Vizio 47 LCD. At the end of the day, all of these TV's have great pictures.

Sound bars are required, however, at least for me.

Pants 10-08-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10065892)

Sound bars are required, however, at least for me.

Are those things actually worth getting?

KCwolf 10-08-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10065201)
Try to get a 240hz refresh if you can. The faster the refresh the better for fast moving action.

This.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10065912)
Are those things actually worth getting?

Oh, hells yeah!

The LCD's and especially the LED's are worthless when it comes to audio. There's no bass, whatsoever (and how could there be in a 2" thick box?).

I purchased a Vizio VSB200 sound bar for our playroom (47" LED) because my 5 year old could no longer hear the TV due to the 1 year old. I mounted it, wired it through the optical port and BAM! Killer sound with very nice bass. It can completely fill our 23x22 room with hardwoods.

I bought a Samsung unit with wireless subwoofer for my parents last Christmas because they have an "Open Floorplan" and my mom could never hear the TV because it faced my Dad's "chair". I hooked it up for them and it immediately filled the room as well. They're ecstatic.

I purchased the same one for a room in my house and it sounds just as good. But the family room (65") was always lacking in sound with the TV volume only. I had to turn it up to like 50-55 before I could hear anything and again, no bottom end. So, I purchased another Vizio VSB200 last week and plugged in my existing 10" sub and it's just flat out amazing. Completely fills the room and sounds awesome. I'm hooking up my rear's tomorrow via an optical splitter and I'll have a true home theater sound, finally.

Now all I need to do is get everyone out of the house so I can use it.

:D

Pants 10-08-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10065958)
Oh, hells yeah!

The LCD's and especially the LED's are worthless when it comes to audio. There's no bass, whatsoever (and how could there be in a 2" thick box?).

I purchased a Vizio VSB200 sound bar for our playroom (47" LED) because my 5 year old could no longer hear the TV due to the 1 year old. I mounted it, wired it through the optical port and BAM! Killer sound with very nice bass. It can completely fill our 23x22 room with hardwoods.

I bought a Samsung unit with wireless subwoofer for my parents last Christmas because they have an "Open Floorplan" and my mom could never hear the TV because it faced my Dad's "chair". I hooked it up for them and it immediately filled the room as well. They're ecstatic.

I purchased the same one for a room in my house and it sounds just as good. But the family room (65") was always lacking in sound with the TV volume only. I had to turn it up to like 50-55 before I could hear anything and again, no bottom end. So, I purchased another Vizio VSB200 last week and plugged in my existing 10" sub and it's just flat out amazing. Completely fills the room and sounds awesome. I'm hooking up my rear's tomorrow via an optical splitter and I'll have a true home theater sound, finally.

Now all I need to do is get everyone out of the house so I can use it.

Cool, man. I always wondered about those. Thanks.

Silock 10-08-2013 10:44 PM

I hate soundbars. I'd rather build my own speakers for cheap.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10065974)
I hate soundbars. I'd rather build my own speakers for cheap.

I can't get away with stuff like that because my wife wants things sleek in "living" rooms.

And as a someone who cares greatly and deeply about sound, if you purchase the "right" kit for your room, they can sound great.

sd4chiefs 10-08-2013 11:24 PM

this

https://store.sony.com/c/XBR_4K_Ultr...FWQ6QgodaloAkg

Silock 10-09-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10066051)
And as a someone who cares greatly and deeply about sound, if you purchase the "right" kit for your room, they can sound great.

I guess. I've just never heard one that sounds good to me. But then, I've become somewhat of an audio snob lately.

nstygma 10-09-2013 01:56 AM

Recently I've seen two TVs with really great pictures, an LG LED and a Samsung Plasma.
The LG also had some type of trackball remote control.
Mainly I'm judging the picture quality by color and lack of jaggies.
anyway, here's a nice little TV comparison site
http://www.tv-reviews-ratings.com/led-tv-reviews.html

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 06:00 AM

Panasonic To Exit Plasma TV Market In March 2014
By Tyler Lee on 10/09/2013 Filed in

Earlier this year there were rumors that Panasonic would be pulling out from the plasma TV business and this was semi-confirmed when the Japanese company announced that the ZT60 would be their last plasma TV effort. Well it looks like it has been confirmed as Panasonic has since revealed that come March 2014, the Japanese company will be exiting the plasma TV market which is when the current fiscal year comes to an end. While it had been rumored to be happening, it seems that March 2014 is a little earlier than analysts had expected.

Pulling out of the plasma TV market is definitely the right call as it seems that interest in such televisions have been declining over the years. The demand has seen a drop of 21% in 2012, versus a 1% drop for LCD TVs, indicating that consumers are more interested in LCD compared to plasma. Not to mention Panasonic is currently bleeding billions of dollars, with the company announcing job cuts back in 2012 where it would see about 10,000 staff laid off. Hopefully this exit will allow Panasonic to focus on more current trends, but what do you guys think? Are you sad to see plasma TVs go?:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/10/pan...medium=twitter

KCFaninSEA 10-09-2013 06:22 AM

To me there are 3 main factors to consider when purchasing a TV. Refresh rate, black levels and can you control glare. If you can control the glare in the room you want to put your TV in I would go plasma. The refresh rate and black levels are great.

L.A. Chieffan 10-09-2013 06:32 AM

Dane I have that same exact sound bar. How do you hook up a sub to it? I've been happy with it overall except two things. One it only has optical input and two there's no output.

Chiefshrink 10-09-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 10066255)
To me there are 3 main factors to consider when purchasing a TV. Refresh rate, black levels and can you control glare. If you can control the glare in the room you want to put your TV in I would go plasma. The refresh rate and black levels are great.

This. And plasma is cheaper. Color is awesome;)

L.A. Chieffan 10-09-2013 06:38 AM

I'll be bummed when they phase out plasmas (there's a terminator joke in there)

LESs are good but nothing beats a super high end plasma in a sweet home theater room

Great Expectations 10-09-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10066051)
I can't get away with stuff like that because my wife wants things sleek in "living" rooms.

My wife is the exact same way, in the living room I put in a vizio soundbar with a wireless sub. It sounds nearly as good as my 5.1 channel in the basement.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10066260)
Dane I have that same exact sound bar. How do you hook up a sub to it? I've been happy with it overall except two things. One it only has optical input and two there's no output.

Really? Mine has the optical input, two analog inputs and a sub output. I literally just received it last week via Amazon. Is yours new or old?

L.A. Chieffan 10-09-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10066942)
Really? Mine has the optical input, two analog inputs and a sub output. I literally just received it last week via Amazon. Is yours new or old?

I got it about a year ago. Actually I was wrong it does also have RCA inputs but there's no outputs whatsoever. Kinda sucks for like a sub or some wireless headphones.

It's actually the vsb 202 model maybe that's why

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10066193)
I guess. I've just never heard one that sounds good to me. But then, I've become somewhat of an audio snob lately.

There are many factors at play. First and foremost, you'd need at least a 280 watt model. The larger the enclosure, the larger the speakers. You'll definitely want a six speaker version with a sub woofer out (analog wiring to a larger sub is preferred to a wireless sub).

Wall mounting makes a huge difference because of the resonance added by studs and drywall.

Now, does it compare to a Bose 5.1 system at five times the cost? No. But it can be a very effective and elegant solution.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10066948)
I got it about a year ago. Actually I was wrong it does also have RCA inputs but there's no outputs whatsoever. Kinda sucks for like a sub or some wireless headphones.

It's actually the vsb 202 model maybe that's why

Ah, that's why. Bummer, Dude.

Mr. Plow 10-09-2013 11:22 AM

Great info in here. I'm going to be buying a new TV this Xmas.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 10066255)

It's going into a room addition which has 5-foot windows on 3 sides.

Glare is always a problem until the sun goes down. That's part of the reason why i'm looking for a new television, the picture on the old one is getting weak and can't handle the glare.

Third Eye 10-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10066956)
There are many factors at play. First and foremost, you'd need at least a 280 watt model. The larger the enclosure, the larger the speakers. You'll definitely want a six speaker version with a sub woofer out (analog wiring to a larger sub is preferred to a wireless sub).

Wall mounting makes a huge difference because of the resonance added by studs and drywall.

Now, does it compare to a Bose 5.1 system at five times the cost? No. But it can be a very effective and elegant solution.

Are there still people out there that actually buy into Bose's overpriced racket? There is so much better stuff out there at better prices.

Bose, the Monster Cable of audio.

threebag 10-09-2013 11:42 AM

The SHARP AQUOS is the TV to have. That's what I have.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10067027)
Are there still people out there that actually buy into Bose's overpriced racket? There is so much better stuff out there at better prices.

Bose, the Monster Cable of audio.

Yeah, there are plenty.

We have some friends recently put in a Bose 5.1 system in the great room of their home and paid a shit ton for it and installation.

It's a huge room, probably 30x40x15 foot, at least, but I have to admit, the system sounds incredible. The satellite speakers are very inconspicuous, which is a nice.

Third Eye 10-09-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10067064)
Yeah, there are plenty.

We have some friends recently put in a Bose 5.1 system in the great room of their home and paid a shit ton for it and installation.

It's a huge room, probably 30x40x15 foot, at least, but I have to admit, the system sounds incredible. The satellite speakers are very inconspicuous, which is a nice.

Some of their lines are definitely good quality, no doubt, but with all the money they spend on marketing and advertising the consumer ends up paying double for a similar product sold by other high end audio producers.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 10067042)
The SHARP AQUOS is the TV to have. That's what I have.

Isn't there like a hundred Sharp Aquos?

any particular model or line that is better?

I've read that some LCD's now have smart dimming for better blacks.

Mr. Plow 10-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10067093)

My parents TV has that. It adjusts based on the amount of light in the room.

TheUte 10-09-2013 12:47 PM

Look for sales @ newegg.com. I have saved a bunch of dough there.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10067093)

Yeah, my Sharp Aquos has that feature. I turned it off, actually, because it's annoying in my room due to so many windows and changing light. I'm sure it's great in a room with less windows.

And yes, Sharp has many different models. As an owner of three Aquos LCD's, I think they're great TV's but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to replace them with Vizio LED's.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 12:53 PM

One more thing: With any of these new LCD's and LED TV's, you have to manually go into the Menu and settings to turn off "True Motion" or "Fine Motion" or whatever each manufacturer is calling it. Otherwise, the TV makes every program look like a soap opera and you lose the cinematic experience.

It's rather "jerky" as well. I can't understand why it's the default setting. It blows.

Mr. Plow 10-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10067215)
One more thing: With any of these new LCD's and LED TV's, you have to manually go into the Menu and settings to turn off "True Motion" or "Fine Motion" or whatever each manufacturer is calling it. Otherwise, the TV makes every program look like a soap opera and you lose the cinematic experience.

It's rather "jerky" as well. I can't understand why it's the default setting. It blows.

Damnit, THAT'S what it is. Every time I'm at my parents house, I'm sitting there watching TV going "WTF is different with your picture?"

Also, your recommendation for say a 50-60 inch would be a Vizio LED?

Great Expectations 10-09-2013 01:01 PM

I like the true moron for some sporting events, but it blows for movies or regular programming.

TheUte 10-09-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10066263)
This. And plasma is cheaper. Color is awesome;)

Plasma is the way to go. You should compare side by side then decide.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10067234)
Damnit, THAT'S what it is. Every time I'm at my parents house, I'm sitting there watching TV going "WTF is different with your picture?"

Also, your recommendation for say a 50-60 inch would be a Vizio LED?

Well, if you're on a budget, for sure. And once again, nothing beats Costco's Concierge service.

Personally, I think that all of these TV's look great when they're set up at home. I've never gone from room to room in my house and thought "Wow, this TV looks like shit!" It's usually "Goddamn, that's awesome!".

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 10067238)
Plasma is the way to go. You should compare side by side then decide.

If you don't mind a space heater and electricity hog and glare.

TheUte 10-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10067241)

I have a 50" Samsung Plasma and a 50" LG LED LCD and like them both, but picture quality there is no comparison. The Plasma is hands down the best picture quality.

Third Eye 10-09-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10067241)

Modern plasmas aren't really like that. My 59" samsung doesn't put off any noticeable heat and I don't have any glare issues, though that it mostly attributable to my room. It does use a little more energy, but it's pretty negligible. Maybe a dollar a month.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10067472)
Modern plasmas aren't really like that. My 59" samsung doesn't put off any noticeable heat and I don't have any glare issues, though that it mostly attributable to my room. It does use a little more energy, but it's pretty negligible. Maybe a dollar a month.

Maybe the heat isn't noticeable to you but I can definitely tell my either my 47 or 65" LCD have been on for even an hour because the temperature of the room will rise by one to two degrees during that time.

I previously had a 32" LCD in my workspace which was on eight hours a day and there was a significant increase in temperature. With a 42" LED, I can't tell if it's been on for five minutes or five hours.

For me, the energy efficiency of the LED, light weight, extremely low profile, non-glare screen and "footprint" outweigh a little deeper black.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2013 02:41 PM

I got this Samsung on clearance from best buy. It's amazing and the price was right. Got it for only $1200.

Go in and ask them if they have any TVs on clearance or open box and you can save a few bucks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...&skuId=4854319

Aspengc8 10-09-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10065708)
LED LCD and be sure to get a wireless equipped model because firmware updates are easy (and often automatic).

I have a 65 inch Sharp Aquos that's 120 and have zero issues with any sports. As I've recommended so many times, purchase from Costco because they double the manufacture's warranty. My parents had a 55" LCD Samsung that failed just after the warranty expired and Costco replaced the TV with a better model.

+1.

have had my 65" aquos for 2 years now, very happy with it. 120hz is more than enough since all commercial footage is captured at 60hz. for example HDTV is 1080p @ 60hz (60 frames per second) and blue ray is 1920p @ 24hz. 120 will have you covered for a long time.

Silock 10-09-2013 04:56 PM

Maybe your plasma was broken. I've never had heat issues with one, even the old one.

SAUTO 10-09-2013 05:16 PM

I can feel heat off the screen when walking by it if its been on a while...

Oh and silock did you ever find door panels?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2013 06:00 PM

Curtis Mathis 25" console floor model is the way to go.

007 10-09-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10066244)
Panasonic To Exit Plasma TV Market In March 2014
By Tyler Lee on 10/09/2013 Filed in

Earlier this year there were rumors that Panasonic would be pulling out from the plasma TV business and this was semi-confirmed when the Japanese company announced that the ZT60 would be their last plasma TV effort. Well it looks like it has been confirmed as Panasonic has since revealed that come March 2014, the Japanese company will be exiting the plasma TV market which is when the current fiscal year comes to an end. While it had been rumored to be happening, it seems that March 2014 is a little earlier than analysts had expected.

Pulling out of the plasma TV market is definitely the right call as it seems that interest in such televisions have been declining over the years. The demand has seen a drop of 21% in 2012, versus a 1% drop for LCD TVs, indicating that consumers are more interested in LCD compared to plasma. Not to mention Panasonic is currently bleeding billions of dollars, with the company announcing job cuts back in 2012 where it would see about 10,000 staff laid off. Hopefully this exit will allow Panasonic to focus on more current trends, but what do you guys think? Are you sad to see plasma TVs go?:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/10/pan...medium=twitter

The only thing I hate about my Panasonic plasma is the fact they don't do any firmware updates at all.

007 10-09-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10067889)
Maybe your plasma was broken. I've never had heat issues with one, even the old one.

yep, I have a 50" plasma and the heat isn't an issue at all.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-09-2013 09:14 PM

60 inch Vizio LED tv. I was at Wal Mart earlier and thought it looked pretty good for the price. My 50 inch Samsung DLP cost me $1800 in 2006. My how times have changed. Also the constant turning itself off is getting old at this point.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E601i-A3.../dp/B009H8JOZS

4 out of 5 stars on Amazon

$898 at Wal Mart right now

This guy loved it...

http://hometheaterreview.com/vizio-e...hdtv-reviewed/

I can cash in some Southwest miles and get this for $550 out of my pocket...

What to do, what to do...I think my TV's turning itself off problem isn't going to go away.

Pants 10-09-2013 09:38 PM

My plasma TV definitely gets a little warm, but I don't think it's enough to raise the temperature in a room by even a tenth of a degree.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10068686)
My plasma TV definitely gets a little warm, but I don't think it's enough to raise the temperature in a room by even a tenth of a degree.

There was definitely an issue with earlier plasma TV's in which they were very warm. People often referred to them as "radiators".

Plasma's are out of the question for me because my home has too many windows and I don't want to watch TV in a dungeon. LED LCD's are more than adequate for my viewing pleasure.

Silock 10-09-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10067941)
I can feel heat off the screen when walking by it if its been on a while...

Oh and silock did you ever find door panels?
Posted via Mobile Device

No but I may be getting rid of the old girl. The AC unit caught on fire today and melted the serpentine belt in half. Not sure if it did any other damage. Will find out tomorrow.

Mr. Laz 10-10-2013 11:31 AM

reading about quite a few HDMI problem with Vizio televisions?

do they have some kind of internal HDMI switch?

I find electronic HDMI switches to be remarkable unreliable.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10069801)
reading about quite a few HDMI problem with Vizio televisions?

do they have some kind of internal HDMI switch?

I find electronic HDMI switches to be remarkable unreliable.

All of mine have multiple ports. Do you know which model and year?

Mr. Laz 10-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10069891)
All of mine have multiple ports. Do you know which model and year?

apparently HDMI issues for Visio LCD's are across the board

:shrug:

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10069896)

Very strange. I have had one for 5 years with no issues and two others for about 18 months with no issues. My parents have a couple and don't have any issues, either.

I know many other people that have owned them without issue as well. Huh.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10069896)

I just did a Google search and while I found a few instances, it wasn't widespread. I've seen literally hundreds of Vizio's go out the door at Costco and have never seen one in the return line.

As I mentioned earlier, Costco doubles the manufacturer's warranty so if you did have an issue with the TV, they'll replace it for up to two years.

FYI, I use Monster power supplies with up to $200k in warranty if there's a power surge that damages your equipment. It's kind of a PITA to have a hole and channel put in the wall but it's well worth it and definitely worth it to use a surge protector.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SAUTO 10-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10068875)
No but I may be getting rid of the old girl. The AC unit caught on fire today and melted the serpentine belt in half. Not sure if it did any other damage. Will find out tomorrow.

Compressor probably just locked up. Easy fix. you might even be able to buy a bracket and bypass pulley
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 10-10-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10069931)
I just did a Google search and while I found a few instances, it wasn't widespread. I've seen literally hundreds of Vizio's go out the door at Costco and have never seen one in the return line.

As I mentioned earlier, Costco doubles the manufacturer's warranty so if you did have an issue with the TV, they'll replace it for up to two years.

FYI, I use Monster power supplies with up to $200k in warranty if there's a power surge that damages your equipment. It's kind of a PITA to have a hole and channel put in the wall but it's well worth it and definitely worth it to use a surge protector.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with all the continual power needs of DVR's, i use these:

http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP4.../dp/B0030SL08A

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10070841)
with all the continual power needs of DVR's, i use these:

http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP4.../dp/B0030SL08A

Nice!

Mr. Laz 10-26-2013 07:28 PM

opinions?

Sharp - AQUOS - 60" Class (60" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV
Model: LC-60LE550U SKU: 8801427 with Stand
Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year limited
Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year limited
Weight: 61.7 lbs. with stand (55.1 lbs. without)
TV Type: LED Flat-Panel
Screen Size Class: 60"
$899.99 with free shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aquos-60...specifications

The Bad Guy 10-28-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10125738)
opinions?

Sharp - AQUOS - 60" Class (60" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV
Model: LC-60LE550U SKU: 8801427 with Stand
Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year limited
Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year limited
Weight: 61.7 lbs. with stand (55.1 lbs. without)
TV Type: LED Flat-Panel
Screen Size Class: 60"
$899.99 with free shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aquos-60...specifications

Had an 70 inch Acquos last year that i had to return because of motion blur. It was terrible and really made the TV unwatchable.

Ended up getting a Panasonic 65 inch and it's the best TV I've ever owned.

60 inch is great, great value. CNet gave this thing 5 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AVRJK76/...SIN=B00AVRJK76