ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277466)

chiefsfan987 10-15-2013 12:26 AM

Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record

Just saw it on the local news here that they are getting another shot at it again this season and are targeting their monday night game against NO. Sounds pretty lame to me that they are already getting another shot at it.

Phobia 10-15-2013 12:29 AM

Don't care whatsoever. Let them have a piece of paper from Guiness. I want hardware from Lombardi.

MMXcalibur 10-15-2013 12:29 AM

OH YEAH!
WELL WE'RE GOING TO RE-SET THAT ON OUR MONDAY NIGHT GAME AGAINST....uh....um.......hm.

Phobia 10-15-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10087806)
OH YEAH!
WELL WE'RE GOING TO RE-SET THAT ON OUR MONDAY NIGHT GAME AGAINST....uh....um.......hm.

You know what next Monday's game is? That's right. The Giants versus the Vikings. Do they have more than 1 win between them?

MMXcalibur 10-15-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10087809)
You know what next Monday's game is? That's right. The Giants versus the Vikings. Do they have more than 1 win between them?

I doubt ESPN's sweating that matchup. Adrian Peterson against a team from New York. Same reason NBC will probably not flex their NFC East matchups in the latter part of the NFL schedule. Redskins/Giants? GOOD! GO WITH IT!

...imagine trying to build up a Jacksonville/Tampa Bay MNF matchup.

alanm 10-15-2013 12:35 AM

Here's to New Orleans curb stomping them. :toast:

A Salt Weapon 10-15-2013 12:40 AM

Should give them enough time to put some more speakers in the stadium to play crowd noise, maybe add some more roofs, who knows they might even hand out bull horns to everyone.

cosmo20002 10-15-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10087802)
Just saw it on the local news here that they are getting another shot at it again this season and are targeting their monday night game against NO. Sounds pretty lame to me that they are already getting another shot at it.

I suppose someone could probably do it as often as they want as long as they cough up whatever fee Guinness charges to have a rep there.

Phobia 10-15-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10087817)
I suppose someone could probably do it as often as they want as long as they cough up whatever fee Guinness charges to have a rep there.

$3500

RustShack 10-15-2013 12:44 AM

Let's break it against the Broncos

RINGLEADER 10-15-2013 12:51 AM

Seattle is lame.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2013 12:55 AM

I bet New Orleans stomps a mudhole in them and they all leave by the 3rd to drink coffee.

007 10-15-2013 01:24 AM

Who cares. JFC You know what? The fact that the Guinness rep said we held a better "sustained level" than Seattle spoke volumes. literally.

We don't just get loud a little bit. We stay loud.

I just hope the people that started the movement for last weeks game don't get caught up in this shit with Seattle. If they break it again so what.

GESteve 10-15-2013 01:30 AM

Yes coffee. Ummmm. Good to the last drop

WeathermanKumke 10-15-2013 01:38 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Link should work for everyone. But this was 2:00 Minutes before end of 1st half. We have Arrowhead Back :)

BigRedChief 10-15-2013 02:31 AM

Come on guys do we really give a shit about some lame ass Guiness record?

What we care about is that Arrowhead is loud and proud again, right?

That the crowd can truly effect the game again, right?

keg in kc 10-15-2013 02:34 AM

And if they break it, we get to try again on December 1st.

It's a PR dream for both Seattle and us.

007 10-15-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087872)
And if they break it, we get to try again on December 1st.

It's a PR dream for both Seattle and us.

No it isn't. WE should not give a crap about Seattle at all. Just be ARROWHEAD. We don't need Guinness for that.

Rausch 10-15-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087874)
No it isn't. WE should not give a crap about Seattle at all. Just be ARROWHEAD. We don't need Guinness for that.

I don't think I've even looked at a Guinness book since I was in 6th grade.

0 ****s given...

Gravedigger 10-15-2013 02:57 AM

Shit will just keep on going, other teams will keep fighting to beat the other and it'll be incremental victories like ours. I'm proud that we were able to do it, and I will always remember being apart of it, but I'm not going to continue to buy tickets to games to uphold it. I'll go to the Broncos game in December because I want to see us knock Peyton on his ass. We beat the Seahawks once, that's good enough for me. We're both stellar fanbases.

keg in kc 10-15-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087874)

I mean it's something to talk about nationally. I don't care about it at all on a personal level.

007 10-15-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087883)
I mean it's something to talk about nationally. I don't care about it at all on a personal level.

Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you. No you can't. Yes I can.

Thats what this looks and sounds like.

keg in kc 10-15-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087884)
Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you. No you can't. Yes I can.

Thats what this looks and sounds like.

I don't disagree with that.

I'm saying the whole thing is a PR fabrication...

Rausch 10-15-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087886)

And we did it without a dome.

I'm happy. 'Nuff said...

007 10-15-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087886)

I understand that. I'm just saying we can choose to not participate in it.

Phobia 10-15-2013 03:32 AM

As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

007 10-15-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10087899)
As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

THIS
Exactly
Seconded
You can say that again

Rausch 10-15-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087918)
THIS
Exactly
Seconded
You can say that again

And the funny thing is a SB won't mean anything to them other than a 1 day party.

That's pretty much it.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2013 04:20 AM

Sounds like the folks at GBoWR found a couple of huckleberries they can ride into making them relevant again.

007 10-15-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10087920)
Sounds like the folks at GBoWR found a couple of huckleberries they can ride into making them relevant again.

Well, as stupid as it is, at least it woke up the fans at Arrowhead again and reminded them what they can accomplish. Shouldn't have needed that reminder but whatever gets them going.

As Phobia and Rausch said though, they are caring about the wrong thing here.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087922)
Well, as stupid as it is, at least it woke up the fans at Arrowhead again and reminded them what they can accomplish. Shouldn't have needed that reminder but whatever gets them going.

As Phobia and Rausch said though, they are caring about the wrong thing here.

I don't think you needed the GBoWR people for that... you needed a 5-0 KC team in a tight game in the fourth against the hated Raiders. It's the team's progression through 6 weeks, not the records people that has the excitement back at Arrowhead. The GBoWR people are just there for the ride and to get more PR about what they do.

Rausch 10-15-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10087927)
I don't think you needed the GBoWR people for that... you needed a 5-0 KC team in a tight game in the fourth against the hated Raiders. It's the team's progression through 6 weeks, not the records people that has the excitement back at Arrowhead. The GBoWR people are just there for the ride and to get more PR about what they do.

The only thing gained by anyone during any of this is the GBOWR.

They somehow seem legitimate now...

Simply Red 10-15-2013 05:13 AM

oh yeah!?!?! my dad can beat up your dad.

007 10-15-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10087931)
The only thing gained by anyone during any of this is the GBOWR.

They somehow seem legitimate now...

Watch Seattle have a 50 plane flyover too. ROFL

Mile High Mania 10-15-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087939)
Watch Seattle have a 50 plane flyover too. ROFL

They'll announce half the stadium just won new Surface Pro machines at just the right time...

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10087942)
They'll announce half the stadium just won new Surface Pro machines at just the right time...

LMAO

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2013 05:27 AM

I hope Seattle gets it, and then Clark Hunt issues a statement saying "congrats, good for you. We already know our fans are passionate and that Arrowhead has more sustained noise than any other stadium. We'll not be going after the record again, but ask any opposing team when they get here if it feels louder than any other place in the NFL...they'll tell you yes, because it is."

And then let the shit go.

dannybcaitlyn 10-15-2013 05:54 AM

I hope it rains.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-15-2013 06:01 AM

I thought it was a ****ing stupid idea to begin with. Now that it's been accomplished, I'm glad we did it. Let it ****ing go, and don't get wrapped up in hype created by tree hugging, pot smoking, hippies.

Rasputin 10-15-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 10087975)
I hope it rains Aids.

fyp

Rausch 10-15-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10087983)
I thought it was a ****ing stupid idea to begin with. Now that it's been accomplished, I'm glad we did it. Let it ****ing go...

This.

nychief 10-15-2013 06:41 AM

They pump in noise anyway

BlackHelicopters 10-15-2013 07:06 AM

:rockon:

jspchief 10-15-2013 07:18 AM

so tired of hearing about noise records

King_Chief_Fan 10-15-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10087983)
I thought it was a ****ing stupid idea to begin with. Now that it's been accomplished, I'm glad we did it. Let it ****ing go, and don't get wrapped up in hype created by tree hugging, pot smoking, hippies.

yes

The Iron Chief 10-15-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

For sure and if Seattle falls just shy somebody from GBoWR would accidentally tap a little button behind the scenes to push this shit back to KC.
Its Genius for GBoWR

BlackHelicopters 10-15-2013 07:20 AM

We need to focus on NYC in February

Pasta Little Brioni 10-15-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

You are quite butthurt over kcs turnaround

Halfcan 10-15-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087837)
Who cares. JFC You know what? The fact that the Guinness rep said we held a better "sustained level" than Seattle spoke volumes. literally.

We don't just get loud a little bit. We stay loud.

I just hope the people that started the movement for last weeks game don't get caught up in this shit with Seattle. If they break it again so what.

Yep loud the entire game and even Louder afterward!! F the Seahags!

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-15-2013 10:37 AM

The only thing more pathetic than Seattle trying again are the dozens of people who are insulted by the attempt and try to undermine their crowd noise. "They pump in noise!!" "They use smartphone apps!!"

Could you attach yourself to a more trivial piece of shit?

Strongside 10-15-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeathermanKumke (Post 10087842)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Link should work for everyone. But this was 2:00 Minutes before end of 1st half. We have Arrowhead Back :)

That's what was awesome...How loud it was the entire game. And we were loud while they were in the huddle. If they can't hear the snap count in the huddle, they won't know it when they get to the line...which means they're going on movement. That is important and I think a big reason we got 10 sacks on Sunday.

oh_snap 10-15-2013 10:51 AM

It takes a major game on Monday night against a GOOD team for them to attempt to beat the Chiefs world record? lol Desperation much?

Also, the Guinness Adjudicator who was at BOTH games said that Arrowhead was far louder throughout the entire game vs. Seattle. I know it's pointless to many. But IMO, this signifies that Arrowhead is back, and louder than ever. I personally don't care if Seattle breaks it (though it seems near to impossible to break that pitch).

If they do defy the odds and break our sound roar. I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs decided to attempt the sound roar again in the playoffs, or against another good team on a night game just like the Seaphags are attempting to do. Their fans must need a lot more motivation by using "big" games in order to break a sound record that the Chiefs did against a crappy raiders squad on a sunny afternoon..

Rausch 10-15-2013 10:52 AM

At this point I really want the chance to play these ****s...

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Spot the **** on.

That bolded shit is for the fans at the Coalition, WI and jerkoffs like Barry.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10088583)
The only thing more pathetic than Seattle trying again are the <del>dozens</del> thousands of people who are insulted by the attempt and try to undermine their crowd noise. "They pump in noise!!" "They use smartphone apps!!"

Could you attach yourself to a more trivial piece of shit?

FYP, based on social media alone.

These are the folks Mecca was speaking of when he correctly stated that the overwhelming majority of the fanbase just doesn't want their tailgate party ruined on gameday.

ChiefsCountry 10-15-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_AOXBV4nSds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oh_snap 10-15-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10088632)
At this point I really want the chance to play these ****s...

How about a game at arrowhead where we attempt to re-break the sound record that we already broke??? ...Show Seattle what the true LOUDEST stadium on earth is supposed to sound like. :)

Rausch 10-15-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh_snap (Post 10088653)
How about a game at arrowhead where we attempt to re-break the sound record that we already broke??? ...Show Seattle what the true LOUDEST stadium on earth is supposed to sound like. :)

We got a long road to that game.

Might not be this year but I'll still look forward to it...

luv 10-15-2013 11:03 AM

Who cares who holds the friggin record? The point is the team, not the fans. As long as we're doing our part to intimidate the opposition's offense and have life and excitement in Arrowhead, then the record could belong to the Raiders for all I care.

Iowanian 10-15-2013 11:11 AM

Win a playoff game at Arrowhead and ear drums will bleed and it will be sincere and a shitload more to appreciate than yelling loud without a legit purpose.

The woman with the loudest orgasm is faking.

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10087871)
Come on guys do we really give a shit about some lame ass Guiness record?

What we care about is that Arrowhead is loud and proud again, right?

That the crowd can truly effect the game again, right?

Right on! :thumb:

While cheering my butt off on Sunday, I said to my people that I didn't care about the record so much as I cared about the crowd being loud and making it difficult for opponents. It was really cool to see Arrowhead rocking again. Haven't seen it like this for many, many years.

While they showed that decibel level on the scoreboard to be at most 110-111, I have a feeling it was actually getting up around the record at that point. IMO, they did that just to make the crowd louder. Kinda lame but whatever works. It's a cool thing to brag about but not the be all, end all. I want a SB. All that other stuff is secondary.

Nirvana58 10-15-2013 11:15 AM

I don't care if we attempt to break the record every home game. Whatever it takes for the average fan to get fired up and make noise for your team. We proved Arrowhead still can be a force and the fans can make a difference. I want our fans to be that fired up every home game and bring back our dominance we had in the 90's. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that it wasn't uncommon to have people complaining and telling other fans to sit down so they could see the game. So if this record helps them get into the game so be it.....

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087922)
Well, as stupid as it is, at least it woke up the fans at Arrowhead again and reminded them what they can accomplish. Shouldn't have needed that reminder but whatever gets them going....

Herm, Haley, Crennel. Need I say more? :doh!:

Raiderhater 10-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10088665)
Who cares who holds the friggin record? The point is the team, not the fans. As long as we're doing our part to intimidate the opposition's offense and have life and excitement in Arrowhead, then the record could belong to the Raiders for all I care.

Let's not get carried away here. As stupid as I think all of this is, there still has to be a line.

luv 10-15-2013 11:21 AM

Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10088706)
Let's not get carried away here. As stupid as I think all of this is, there still has to be a line.

LMAO

:p

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10088656)
We got a long road to that game.

Might not be this year but I'll still look forward to it...

We play them next year. Don't know yet whether it will be in Seattle or KC.

Dave Lane 10-15-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Quality posting right there. Personally that was more effort than I would take to explain it to true fans.

Phobia 10-15-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10088706)

I don't think you have to worry about the Raiders breaking that record. There are very specific disqualification rules about artificial noise of shanks plunging into human flesh, gunshots, and banging your shackles on seat backs.

Raiderhater 10-15-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10088716)
I don't think you have to worry about the Raiders breaking that record. There are very specific disqualification rules about artificial noise of shanks plunging into human flesh, gunshots, and banging your shackles on seat backs.

Im not worried about it in the least. I still do not condone a hypothetical situation where it could happen and we would be accepting of it.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-15-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Pretty much. And how do these guys just have extra cash just laying around? Dang lol. "3500? Sure no prob when do we attempt to break it again?"

It's sad that we have come to having to break records to get the fans behind the team again. I know it's hard when they're losing but what little do those people know that they contributed greatly to us winning that game. We were flat. It felt like it was slipping away. But those people look more at a record than it actually helped the team out.

Halfcan 10-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10088742)
Pretty much. And how do these guys just have extra cash just laying around? Dang lol. "3500? Sure no prob when do we attempt to break it again?"

It's sad that we have come to having to break records to get the fans behind the team again. I know it's hard when they're losing but what little do those people know that they contributed greatly to us winning that game. We were flat. It felt like it was slipping away. But those people look more at a record than it actually helped the team out.

We were loud the entire game and consistently the Loudest stadium ever. It was about the game. We were gald we won-getting the record in the final seconds after a Big defensive play when all the Fair weather fans left was a bonus!

Dave Lane 10-15-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10088763)
We were loud the entire game and consistently the Loudest stadium ever. It was about the game. We were gald we won-getting the record in the final seconds after a Big defensive play when all the Fair weather fans left was a bonus!

God damn you are an insane homer.

BWillie 10-15-2013 11:59 AM

Hippies vs Rednecks.

Rednecks will be drunker and burping up ribs louder. Good luck.

DaFace 10-15-2013 12:02 PM

If they do, I'd really hope the Chiefs would give it up. The point is proven: Arrowhead can be ****ing loud when it needs to be. Who cares if it's 136db vs. 140db?

wazu 10-15-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10088802)
If they do, I'd really hope the Chiefs would give it up. The point is proven: Arrowhead can be ****ing loud when it needs to be. Who cares if it's 136db vs. 140db?

The most interesting thing we learned on Sunday was that all of the screaming and banging on seats isn't nearly as loud as one big roar of celebration after a Pick-6.

You could probably bring in Guinness for any given game and not even tell the fans, and if there is a monster play like that one we'd hit the mark again.

BWillie 10-15-2013 12:09 PM

Bring Guinness back, give fans free fountain beer. Record will easily be shattered. EZ Game

Predarat 10-15-2013 12:12 PM

This is how their attempt shall go:

http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-conte...2/kcbrowns.gif

ChiefsCountry 10-15-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10088802)
Who cares if it's 136db vs. 140db?

This douche
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...6/xfactor1.jpg

or this one
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/YfTGK1qVbIw/hqdefault.jpg

and this one
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6014

Halfcan 10-15-2013 12:36 PM

You are the only D Bag in this thread Chiefs ****ry!!

Halfcan 10-15-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10088785)
God damn you are an insane homer.

Whatever Dave- I know in your sad gloomy world it is hard to understand how fans loved that we help bring some pride back to Arrowhead while also being a huge factor in the game-as confirmed by players and coaches.

Not to mention shutting up the Seahags trash talking and setting it against the Faders as we broke their winning streak.

I am sure you were hopeing not only we failed, but the Chiefs lost- so you can get on your whiney soap box and say you were right about the endless months crying about this team.

It was a fun day and a Big win so your opinion means shit to me. STFU