ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294751)

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 09:34 PM

Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith (Post 11739740)
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.

Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.

Why Not? 09-19-2015 09:36 PM

Nice to get some validation for what most of us thought. Reid is a rah rah guy who rode a borderline HOF QB and a definite HOF D coordinator to all his success.

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11742758)
Nice to get some validation for what most of us thought. Reid is a rah rah guy who rode a borderline HOF QB and a definite HOF D coordinator to all his success.

It's just a fact at this point.

TheUte 09-19-2015 09:44 PM

He hasn't been out coached, he over thinks it and gets too cute.

1st and goal, run the ****ing rock 4 times if needed.

It seems more like play calling than coaching that he struggles with

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2015 09:46 PM

Piss and frustration.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 11742784)

Goddamn he DID find his perfect QB, didn't he?

tk13 09-19-2015 09:49 PM

This is funny because Trotter struggled unless he was playing for Reid, which is why he kept going back to Philly and played for them three separate times.

NJChiefsFan 09-19-2015 09:50 PM

He is more than a rah-rah guy. The team has great starts to games sometimes, including both times this year. I think he is a coach that does a good job getting his team ready to play, save for the titan game. But in the heat of the game he doesn't always adjust well and clearly has no clue how to pace a game or run a clock.

He outsmarts himself and seems afraid to go the "running well" too often when it's working. Him and his staff have gotten average guys to work in roles for periods of times. He had a lot to do with the eagles run. Saying otherwise is exaggerating to make a point. But it's no coincidence that in big games, when the little things are magnified, that his teams usually came up short.

His press conference shows how he really is oblivious or unwilling to admit his faults.

TheUte 09-19-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11742791)
Goddamn he DID find his perfect QB, didn't he?

JFC, are you for real.

DeepBallAlex 09-19-2015 09:52 PM

Reid is the typical genius. He has no common sense whatsoever.

Smed1065 09-19-2015 09:52 PM

Time for a play-caller like an OC that calls plays even if just the last 5 minutes per quarter.. SMH

RealSNR 09-19-2015 10:01 PM

Doug Pederson calls the plays in the preseason games.

I wonder what would happen if Clark said, "Hey Andy, I want you to let Doug do what most offensive coordinators do and have him call the plays. That's all. Keep up the good work."

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11742825)

I wonder what would happen if Clark said, "Hey Andy, I want you to let Doug do what most offensive coordinators do and have him call the plays. That's all. Keep up the good work."

"I, ah...mmm....cheeseburger......****".

Psyko Tek 09-19-2015 10:07 PM

let andy coach all he wants, until game day
then lock his ass inna small room with lots of food
let pederson call the game

milkman 09-19-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11742796)
This is funny because Trotter struggled unless he was playing for Reid, which is why he kept going back to Philly and played for them three separate times.

Jim Johnson might had something to do with that.

milkman 09-19-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11742825)

Andy Reid is Clark's hand picked coach.

He isn't going to do anything to rock the boat.

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11742796)
This is funny because Trotter struggled unless he was playing for JIM JOHNSON, which is why he kept going back to Philly and played for them three separate times.

Fyp

tk13 09-19-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11742839)

He had everything to do with that. But they had a system where a lot of guys on both offense and defense did great with the Eagles but struggled elsewhere. They won a ton of games and went to the playoffs almost every year, and won a lot of playoff games. Most teams would kill for that kind of success. They had a great run. Kind of surprised he'd throw anyone under the bus.

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11742843)
Andy Reid is Clark's hand picked coach.

He isn't going to do anything to rock the boat.

Fact.

Get used to the shitshow.

Why Not? 09-19-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Just a tad, perhaps

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

:thumb:

notorious 09-19-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepBallAlex (Post 11742803)
Reid is the typical genius. He has no common sense whatsoever.

End every thread on the front page.

milkman 09-19-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11742852)
He had everything to do with that. But they had a system where a lot of guys on both offense and defense did great with the Eagles but struggled elsewhere. They won a ton of games and went to the playoffs almost every year, and won a lot of playoff games. Most teams would kill for that kind of success. They had a great run. Kind of surprised he'd throw anyone under the bus.

To the point, though, Trotter succeeded in Johnson's system.

He didn't go back because of Andy.

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:18 PM

Does anyone know Reid's record without JJ??

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2015 10:18 PM

If Jeremiah Trotter didn't trust Andy Reid, why did he re-sign with the Eagles after his initial contract expired?

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11742865)

1998-2001: Eagles

2004-2006: Eagles

2009: Eagles

**** Jeremiah Trotter.

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11742872)
If Jeremiah Trotter didn't trust Andy Reid, why did he re-sign with the Eagles after his initial contract expired?

You ever heard of Jim Johnson??

Do you ****ing watch football??

rabblerouser 09-19-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11742872)

OR -

I don't know, ask him.

OR -

For the money.

OR -

Because he flamed out everywhere else he went.

There's a lot of reasons.

You would just have to have a cognitive process to put that together, Dane.

Chromatic 09-19-2015 10:24 PM

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/FrayedMinorHowlermonkey" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="666" height="368" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11742876)
You ever heard of Jim Johnson??

Do you ****ing watch football??

It's pretty clear that you're completely clueless

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11742884)
OR -

I don't know, ask him.

OR -

For the money.

OR -

Because he flamed out everywhere else he went.

There's a lot of reasons.

You would just have to have a cognitive process to put that together, Dane.

Of which, you have zero.

If Trotter had no faith in Reid, he would have signed elsewhere.

How ****ing dumb are you, exactly?

tk13 09-19-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11742865)

Yeah, I agree... but Reid was basically the GM in Philadelphia. He had the final say in how all of those teams were built. And Trotter re-signed with them twice.

I'm just as critical of Andy as anyone. I said from the very beginning he's terrible at clock management and too pass happy. And he hasn't changed in 15 years. I still maintain that if they dumped Alex Smith tomorrow, everyone would rejoice but Andy would want another QB who excels in the short passing game. That's his thing.

But, this idea that he's outcoached in pretty much every game (the premise of this thread) is being way overdramatic. The guy has some major flaws but he's a top 10 coach. He's only had like 2 or 3 losing seasons in almost two decades or work, numerous playoff wins and deep playoff runs. You'd only find a handful of guys with a better resume, and that means something because Reid has pretty much built every team he's coached.

milkman 09-19-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11742910)
Yeah, I agree... but Reid was basically the GM in Philadelphia. He had the final say in how all of those teams were built. And Trotter re-signed with them twice.

I'm just as critical of Andy as anyone. I said from the very beginning he's terrible at clock management and too pass happy. And he hasn't changed in 15 years. I still maintain that if they dumped Alex Smith tomorrow, everyone would rejoice but Andy would want another QB who excels in the short passing game. That's his thing.

But, this idea that he's outcoached in pretty much every game (the premise of this thread) is being way overdramatic. The guy has some major flaws but he's a top 10 coach. He's only had like 2 or 3 losing seasons in almost two decades or work, numerous playoff wins and deep playoff runs. You'd only find a handful of guys with a better resume, and that means something because Reid has pretty much built every team he's coached.

Where do you get "every".

The premise of this thread is that Andy was out coached in a "lot of big games", which is absolutely true.

tk13 09-19-2015 10:44 PM

Both Trotter and the thread starter said, and I quote, "a lot of games." I took that as more than half, but if not I stand corrected. I agree there were some big moments he shot himself in the foot. I think his redzone playcalling the other night was terrible.

Still, Reid has more playoff wins than the entire Chiefs franchise. He also coached well in a lot of big games too. I don't know how people can argue otherwise. If Reid is a failure to you, there's literally no successful coach besides Belichick.

splatbass 09-19-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11742753)

Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.

Either the game is fixed like professional wrestling, or Reid is a bad coach. You can't claim both. Make up your ****ing mind.

Dave Lane 09-19-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11742894)
Of which, you have zero.

If Trotter had no faith in Reid, he would have signed elsewhere.

How ****ing dumb are you, exactly?

He is literally a man standing out in a field.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11742999)
He is literally a man standing out in a field.

Players don't re-sign, again and again, with coaching staffs and organizations in which they think suck.

Assuming that Trotter signed with the Eagles repeatedly because they were his only option completely invalidates his statement.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 11742889)
<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/FrayedMinorHowlermonkey" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="666" height="368" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...pstdezq0bj.jpg

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11743016)
Players don't re-sign, again and again, with coaching staffs and organizations in which they think suck.

Assuming that Trotter signed with the Eagles repeatedly because they were his only option completely invalidates his statement.

Jim Johnson is the reason Trotter resigned with Philly.

No one thought Jim Johnson sucked.

In fact, the evidence shows that Jim Johnson was the reason Philly went to 4 straight NFC Championship games.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11742910)

Jeremiah Trotter said what he said for a reason.

splatbass 09-20-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11743051)
Jeremiah Trotter said what he said for a reason.

Attention whore?

BryanBusby 09-20-2015 12:12 AM

Good coaches get outcoached more than you'd think, but good coaches on good teams can rely on a talent surplus to overcome it.

The talent on the team at crucial spots are dick.

Belichick has been outcoached many a times and is a first ballot HoF coach. He just got lucky because they had more talent than Rex Ryan or the Bills.

I'd focus more on why the **** is Alex Smith still starting and the Offensive Line is still an aids dumpster fire.

You're not going to have the greatest ****ing gameplan every single week in a league filled with a lot of good coaches.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743052)
Attention whore?

Because it's what he believes.

This is an interesting read :

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...elphia-eagles/

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11742942)
Either the game is fixed like professional wrestling, or Reid is a bad coach.

This is my whole point :

Either he's a terrible coach or he throws games on purpose.

Pick one.

tk13 09-20-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11743049)
Jim Johnson is the reason Trotter resigned with Philly.

No one thought Jim Johnson sucked.

In fact, the evidence shows that Jim Johnson was the reason Philly went to 4 straight NFC Championship games.

Evidence shows? What are you, Matlock? What evidence is that?

I agree, Jim Johnson was a great defensive coordinator and the Eagles were not a better team after he died. But they had a top 10 offense most years. They were good teams. You don't have that kind of sustained run without being a good team on every side of the ball. And Reid was the guy who made all the football decisions and hired Jim Johnson in the first place. The excuses this places make for success are ridiculous.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11743072)
Evidence shows? What are you, Matlock? What evidence is that?

I agree, Jim Johnson was a great defensive coordinator and the Eagles were not a better team after he died. But they had a top 10 offense most years. They were good teams. You don't have that kind of sustained run without being a good team on every side of the ball. And Reid was the guy who made all the football decisions and hired Jim Johnson in the first place. The excuses this places make for success are ridiculous.

Reid w/Johnson :

Reg season :
97-62-1
Playoffs :
10-7

Reid w/o Johnson :
Reg season :
53-44
Playoffs :
0-3

I rest my case.

splatbass 09-20-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11743065)
This is my whole point :

Either he's a terrible coach or he throws games on purpose.

Pick one.

He is neither. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL. They did NOT lose to Denver because of Andy Reid. They lost because of 5 turnovers. People forget just how bad this team was before he got here.

Brock 09-20-2015 12:45 AM

If reid is one of the best, nfl coaching is at a definite low point. The guy routinely blows games with complete unawareness of the situation. I realize the chiefs had to have a name coach in their situation at the time, but reid was and is a guy who is known for melting down in tight situations. There's no debate about it.

tk13 09-20-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11743075)
Reid w/Johnson :

Reg season :
97-62-1
Playoffs :
10-7

Reid w/o Johnson :
Reg season :
53-44
Playoffs :
0-3

I rest my case.

I just said this. Their best years were with Jim Johnson. No one is disputing that.

Who hired Jim Johnson? Who gave him pay raises to make him one of the highest paid coordinators in the league?

You're legitimately trying to argue that Andy Reid is a bad coach because he hired good assistant coaches? Is this for real?

splatbass 09-20-2015 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11743094)
If reid is one of the best, nfl coaching is at a definite low point. The guy routinely blows games with complete unawareness of the situation. I realize the chiefs had to have a name coach in their situation at the time, but reid was and is a guy who is known for melting down in tight situations. There's no debate about it.

Despite the meltdown here we did not lose to Denver because of Reid. Take away two of the five turnovers and this place would be talking about how good he is.

bunch of ****ing drama queens here.

Brock 09-20-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743097)
Despite the meltdown here we did not lose to Denver because of Reid.

He certainly didn't do anything to help. He displayed his usual lack of situational awareness at various times in the game and his playcalling is getting really predictable.

tk13 09-20-2015 01:05 AM

His playcalling has always been predictable. He hasn't changed in 17 years. His offense is get guys in space, stretch the field horizontally, let your speed make plays. Use the short passing game as a substitute for the running game. Throw tons of passes to the RBs. That's what we signed up for.

But that said, he's won a ton of games. And not just a Marty-ish career... very few down years, numerous playoff appearances and wins. I'm not sure there are that many current coaches with better resumes. Belichick obviously. Carroll. John Harbaugh? Maybe Sean Payton? Coughlin at one time, but maybe not present day. Very few of these guys have done it consistently for almost two decades though.

Of course that doesn't mean squat going forward for the Chiefs, but this thread is debating whether he was a bad coach in Philly.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-20-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

And there it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743097)
Despite the meltdown here we did not lose to Denver because of Reid. Take away two of the five turnovers and this place would be talking about how good he is.

bunch of ****ing drama queens here.

I am getting genuinely goddamned tired of watching this cavalcade of excuse-makers for this organization. If the Chiefs were an employee of a company, they would be long-fired and forgotten at this point.

Or, in plain English:

The "good" is NOT outweighing the bad.

Saccopoo 09-20-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11743134)
And there it was.

I am getting genuinely goddamned tired of watching this cavalcade of excuse-makers for this organization. If the Chiefs were an employee of a company, they would be long-fired and forgotten at this point.

Or, in plain English:

The "good" is NOT outweighing the bad.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/201...94075841-6.gif

Saccopoo 09-20-2015 08:54 AM

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/p...own-de15de.jpg

Rausch 09-20-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11743110)
His playcalling has always been predictable. He hasn't changed in 17 years.

This, and this is all that matters.

It doesn't matter if you're predictable conservative like Marty or predictable risky like Mike Martz, it's bad. It leads to giving up an edge. It gives an advantage.

Bob Dole 09-20-2015 09:16 AM

Never trust a former player from Hooks.

tk13 09-20-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11743240)
This, and this is all that matters.

It doesn't matter if you're predictable conservative like Marty or predictable risky like Mike Martz, it's bad. It leads to giving up an edge. It gives an advantage.

I meant more generally. They even talked the other night how Reid likes to throw plays you've never seen into the first 15 plays.

But in general, you know he's going to run a short pass happy offense. But that's true with almost everyone. You know the Ravens are going to chuck it deep over and over, you know the Broncos and Patriots will run lots of picks, you know the Seahawks will run the ball a lot to set up the playaction passes. You just have to execute.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

NFL head coaches have always been "bad", which is why so many are fired and hired each year. And the reason for this is simple:

There is only so much one man can do from the sidelines.

Players have to execute. Plain and simple. When players execute, teams win, which makes head coaches look "great". When players don't execute, head coaches look like fools, allowing everyone to criticize.

Reid has won far more games than he's lost, making him a good head coach. He's definitely one of the best at game planning and scheming. He does his "thing" well but once it's off script, he has as many problems as anyone else in the league, which is why you'll always hear commentators say "He just needs to stick with the game plan".

I can't believe that anyone thought that Kubiak "out coached" Reid. If so, that's a joke. The Chiefs didn't execute and turned over the ball five times.

That's why they lost.

splatbass 09-20-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11743379)
I can't believe that anyone thought that Kubiak "out coached" Reid. If so, that's a joke. The Chiefs didn't execute and turned over the ball five times.

That's why they lost.

Exactly. Kubiak's coaching was so bad it appears that Manning started ignoring him and running his own offense.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743386)
Exactly. Kubiak's coaching was so bad it appears that Manning started ignoring him and running his own offense.

Reid got outcoached by Manning.

Rausch 09-20-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11743339)
You just have to execute.

Our offense relies on short passes becoming big gains.

They don't.

And knowing they don't, mostly because we only have one legit WR, Reid still calls his ideal game plan.

The one player (Charles) most likely to turn a mundane play into a big gain he ignores and under-utilizes.

Then he takes that player and kills his morale...

tk13 09-20-2015 10:42 AM

Glazer on the FOX pregame today said for that final drive, Kubiak basically told Manning "Go do your thing" and let him call all the plays.

rabblerouser 09-20-2015 10:42 AM

Reid out coached his own damn self.

Rausch 09-20-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11743396)
Reid out coached his own damn self.

Keep that in mind if/when we make the playoffs again...

Brock 09-20-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11743379)
NFL head coaches have always been "bad", which is why so many are fired and hired each year. And the reason for this is simple:

There is only so much one man can do from the sidelines.

Players have to execute. Plain and simple. When players execute, teams win, which makes head coaches look "great". When players don't execute, head coaches look like fools, allowing everyone to criticize.

Reid has won far more games than he's lost, making him a good head coach. He's definitely one of the best at game planning and scheming. He does his "thing" well but once it's off script, he has as many problems as anyone else in the league, which is why you'll always hear commentators say "He just needs to stick with the game plan".

That's why they lost.

I don't think he's "bad". When I criticize Reid, it's rarely anything to do with playcalling. It's usually pertaining to him being oblivious to clock, down, and distance situations, of which there's a long track record. He's one of the last guys on earth I'd want managing my team in a critical 2 minute situation.

Rausch 09-20-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11743405)
I don't think he's "bad". When I criticize Reid, it's rarely anything to do with playcalling. It's usually pertaining to him being oblivious to clock, down, and distance situations, of which there's a long track record. He's one of the last guys on earth I'd want managing my team in a critical 2 minute situation.

On the sidelines he's every bit as bad as Herm...

Mr. Laz 09-20-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 11742784)

wrong

Reid setup a game plan against Denver that was the exact opposite of what it should have been. We used a misdirection,lateral offense against a undersized,speed defense. That is a mistake from day 1 of the game plan. Reid was either too stupid or stubborn to use the correct game plan.

The fact that we don't have a power back on the team indicates that Reid won't change regardless of the opponent.

Andy Reid was a good guy to bring in to turn the organization around but this should be his last year in Kansas City.

Rausch 09-20-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11743432)
wrong

Reid setup a game plan against Denver that was the exact opposite of what it should have been. We used a misdirection,lateral offense against a undersized,speed defense. That is a mistake from day 1 of the game plan. Reid was either too stupid or stubborn to use the correct game plan.

The fact that we don't have a power back on the team indicates that Reid has no plan to ever change regardless of the opponent.

Andy Reid was a good guy to bring in to turn the organization around but this should be his last year in Kansas City.

Reid is the NFL version of Gary Pinkel...

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11743405)

I just don't understand the criticism and hate towards Reid for Thursday night's loss. I can't recall any team at any point in time overcoming five turnovers to win a game against a team as formidable as the Broncos and their HOF QB.

I could see how people would go nuts if he had called and end around featuring James O'Shaunessey or Frankie Hammond. But Reid put the ball in the hands of his best offensive player and that player failed to execute.

Let's not pretend like Reid didn't do the smart thing. And for those of you that counter with "play for OT", which would have been foolish against Manning anyway, as Reid said, he played to win the game.

splatbass 09-20-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11743432)
wrong

Just curious, what coaching experience do you have?

Mr. Laz 09-20-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11743437)
I just don't understand the criticism and hate towards Reid for Thursday night's loss. I can't recall any team at any point in time overcoming five turnovers to win a game against a team as formidable as the Broncos and their HOF QB.

I could see how people would go nuts if he had called and end around featuring James O'Shaunessey or Frankie Hammond. But Reid put the ball in the hands of his best offensive player and that player failed to execute.

Let's not pretend like Reid didn't do the smart thing. And for those of you that counter with "play for OT", which would have been foolish against Manning anyway, as Reid said, he played to win the game.

You don't understand because you won't listen to anyone's opinion but your own.

There have be a dozen specific examples of what Reid did wrong against Denver. He's done those same things over and over again ... he's not going to change.

splatbass 09-20-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

This.

Rausch 09-20-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

It was, by far, the worst coaching I've watched since Herm was here.

There are 30 things you could point at as bad HC decisions in game time that aren't related to play calling...

Mr. Laz 09-20-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743440)

You heard him, everyone on the board that hasn't coached in college or the NFL needs to get the **** out. You're opinion's are invalid.

of course since you haven't coached anything then should lead the way out the CP door.

Rausch 09-20-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11743453)
You heard him, everyone on the board that hasn't coached in college or the NFL needs to get the **** out. You're opinion's are invalid.

of course since you haven't coached anything then should lead the way out the CP door.

I guess the DC forum will be empty soon...

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-20-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743440)

Aye, there's the old CP cop-out.

Never fails.

splatbass 09-20-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11743453)

I didn't say that. Learn to read. I asked because I want to know how you know what the proper game plan would be. I am guessing you've never coached and get your "experience" playing Madden, a simulation game written by software geeks who also never played or coached football.

In short, why should I take your opinion seriously? What game plan have you ever put together?

Convince me.

stevieray 09-20-2015 11:27 AM

I see the dogs have found a new chew toy.

...not reading this crap all season.

Mr. Laz 09-20-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11743485)
I didn't say that. Learn to read. I asked because I want to know how you know what the proper game plan would be. I am guessing you've never coached and get your "experience" playing Madden, a simulation game written by software geeks who also never played or coached football.

In short, why should I take your opinion seriously? What game plan have you ever put together?

Convince me.

lol, you didn't need to say anything. I knew where you were heading. This response validates my assumption.

How much coaching experience do you have to say that i'm wrong? That Jeremiah Trotter is wrong?

I imagine i've played as much organized football as most of the people on this board.

FYI don't play madden at all.