ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Kidney Stones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295494)

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:15 PM

Kidney Stones

Any of you guys ever have them? I got one for the first time in my life and that was by far the most painful experience of my life. It ended up landing me in the hospital in Baltimore. I need to figure out what caused that and not do it anymore. :hmmm:

Rain Man 10-21-2015 01:16 PM

I hear that they hurt, and that they're caused by carbonated beverages. Or maybe it's caffeinated beverages. Either way, I hear that they hurt.

kepp 10-21-2015 01:18 PM

My Dad had them a few years back. I hear that the pain is the closest thing to childbirth that men will feel.

Garcia Bronco 10-21-2015 01:19 PM

It can and most likely be the water you're drinking. I had one at 18 years-old from drinking milk and water in south west virginia. The funny thing is people think the last one percent is the painful part of passing a stone...it's not...it the other 99 percent

bevischief 10-21-2015 01:20 PM

Also certain types of calcium supplements do as well.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:20 PM

never had them myself, but my brother in law has had them for years. they've removed them at the hospital, but a few months ago, he removed one himself via a tweezers.:eek:

no shit...dug it out of his pecker w/a tweezers...brrrr!

they told him it could be from all the soda and tea he drinks.

get well, bwana
sec

Garcia Bronco 10-21-2015 01:21 PM

cranbeery juice is a good way to help pass them

ptlyon 10-21-2015 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear that dude. That would suck.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:21 PM

so, did they remove it at the hospital, or did you just pass it?
sec

BigBeauford 10-21-2015 01:22 PM

Tazer electromagnet radiation waves.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 11822485)
cranbeery juice is a good way to help pass them

yes, i've heard this also.
sec

Lonewolf Ed 10-21-2015 01:22 PM

I have never had them, but maybe it is in part due to my love of cranberry juice. Sorry you had to deal with them! A buddy of mine was set to have surgery to remove his and when they scanned him at the hospital one last time before the surgery, they were gone. They must have disintegrated and he peed them out. Lucky!!

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2015 01:25 PM

The latest research states that the only thing that causes Kidney stones is Beer.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11822497)
The latest research states that the only thing that causes Kidney stones is Beer.

i call bullshit.
if that was the case, i'd be pissing a boulder a day.
sec

Pennywise 10-21-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822489)
yes, i've heard this also.
sec

Llama piss works as well.

ptlyon 10-21-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822501)
i call bullshit.
if that was the case, i'd be pissing a boulder a day.
sec

Caveat - Rolling Rock beer only

seclark 10-21-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11822504)
Llama piss works as well.

that's pretty hard to get around here.
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11822505)
Caveat - Rolling Rock beer only

KeyStone

scho63 10-21-2015 01:34 PM

It must have REALLY hurt like hell for you to drive from Billings Montana to Baltimore MD.

My brother just had quadruple bypass surgery about 12 days ago and he still said his kidney stones hurt much worse followed by his gout then the bypass.

Thought he was dying with the kidney stones.

If you are NOT a big drinker of water everyday, start now!

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822487)
so, did they remove it at the hospital, or did you just pass it?
sec

They went in but couldn't get it and ended up putting a stint in my Johnson to try to help it pass. :eek: You talk about bleeding out for 48 hours. I'm not sure if the thing is still in there or not I have an appointment to find out tomorrow at the hospital. When I came to and the good Dr. told me they were unable to retrieve it I was not a happy boy.

Perineum Ripper 10-21-2015 01:36 PM

I always heard a lot of sweet tea caused them..also heard drinking lots of cranberry juice helps

Pennywise 10-21-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822515)
They went in but couldn't get it and ended up putting a stint in my Johnson to try to help it pass. :eek: You talk about bleeding out for 48 hours. I'm not sure if the thing is still in there or not I have an appointment to find out tomorrow at the hospital. When I came to and the good Dr. told me they were unable to retrieve it I was not a happy boy.

Yikes!

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11822520)
Yikes!

Yeah can't wait for them to dive in there and dig that bad boy out. :shake:

seclark 10-21-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

:eek::eek:gah!!!
don't they have some kinda deal where you lay in a tub of water and they hit you with some kinda sonic waves to bust it up to make it pass easier? i thought i heard about that somewhere.

that would beat the hell out of a penile intrusion.
sec

BucEyedPea 10-21-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11822481)
My Dad had them a few years back. I hear that the pain is the closest thing to childbirth that men will feel.

Awesome! :D

Amnorix 10-21-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822474)
Any of you guys ever have them? I got one for the first time in my life and that was by far the most painful experience of my life. It ended up landing me in the hospital in Baltimore. I need to figure out what caused that and not do it anymore. :hmmm:

Yes.

Yes.

DRINK MORE WATER.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11822529)
Awesome! :D

go on, get outta here!!!:cuss:
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Wholly Mother of God ! Feel for you man. :shake:

Lex Luthor 10-21-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

OMG, you have my sympathies.

I've had them a couple of times, and I've had to go to the ER and get drugged up with morphine, but I've never had them tell me they have to put a stent in my Johnson.

Dartgod 10-21-2015 01:42 PM

CP, I am disappoint.

Drink a gallon of antifreeze to help dissolve them.

Pennywise 10-21-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822523)
Yeah can't wait for them to dive in there and dig that bad boy out. :shake:

Even bigger yikes. I'd ask for sedation.

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822527)
don't they have some kinda deal where you lay in a tub of water and they hit you with some kinda sonic waves to bust it up to make it pass easier? i thought i heard about that somewhere.

sec

Oh trust me, you're correct.

Nurse Ratchet kept coming in at night and waking me up every hour to do various things to me including several ultrasounds to check fluid level in my bladder. I kept telling her I wasn't pregnant. Things were ok until she got a read over 300, something rather and it came back at 400 something. The old hide wanted to install a catheter. I told her she got a bad read and to hit the road. I got up and took another burning piss and the next time she did it the level was fine.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11822537)

a ****in weeks worth.
sec

BucEyedPea 10-21-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11822490)
I have never had them, but maybe it is in part due to my love of cranberry juice. Sorry you had to deal with them! A buddy of mine was set to have surgery to remove his and when they scanned him at the hospital one last time before the surgery, they were gone. They must have disintegrated and he peed them out. Lucky!!

I used to know of a cleanse that internally dissolves or does something to them. The lady who passed it onto me doesn't live here anymore. She swears by it. I did her gallstone cleanse, and swear to god, hundreds of them passed. I felt like a quarry that morning. Her mother did it and brought them into the doctor who recommended surgery and he couldn't believe his eyes.

srvy 10-21-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 11822514)
It must have REALLY hurt like hell for you to drive from Billings Montana to Baltimore MD.

My brother just had quadruple bypass surgery about 12 days ago and he still said his kidney stones hurt much worse followed by his gout then the bypass.

Thought he was dying with the kidney stones.

If you are NOT a big drinker of water everyday, start now!

This!

I have had 2 co-workers get kidney stones. The pain freaked them out and to this day are never seen with out a bottle of water at hand. The doc said men get these things because they typically dehydrate themselves so much. He told them to hydrate often to reduce rick of recurring. I guess they have heeded the advice.

mdchiefsfan 10-21-2015 01:47 PM

Should've let me know you were in town. I could've brought you some water. :D

BucEyedPea 10-21-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise
Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822539)
a ****in weeks worth.
sec

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZLlLtSG7xe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix 10-21-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822527)

sec

Kind of depends on the size, as I understand it. Super tiny means "go home, drink lots of water, and pee it out. Oh, and it will feel like you're pissing razor blades, and don't worry about the blood in your urine."

Slightly bigger may mean either removal via catheter etc., with or without sonic treatment to "break them up".

Bigger than that, even, means surgery to dig them directly out. They prefer you to pee them out (at phenomenal pain) rather than do the surgery though.

I have only experience phase one of the misery. First thing I noticed was lower back pain. So severe I thought I was going to throw up while sitting at a Friendly's. I had to go to the car while my family finished dinner.

A day or three later or whatever it was "oh, hey, my piss is blood red. That's not something I'm used to seeing. Let's call a doctor ****ing IMMEDIATELY."

I had no idea the back pain was related, but it was.

They did a scan and found a SUPER tiny kidney stone or three. Like unbelievably small. Could barely see them small. I'm like "those caused phenomenal back pain and made me piss blood?!?" Yep.

I passed them without further pain (thank God), and have been MUCH better about drinking water since. That shit will make you find religion on the subject of drinking water pretty goddamn fast.

Fire Me Boy! 10-21-2015 01:48 PM

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uplo...c273752cbd.gif

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11822537)

Of you can bet your last dime on that.

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11822543)
Should've let me know you were in town. I could've brought you some water. :D

At one point I would have asked for a Glock rather than water.

DMAC 10-21-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11822540)
I used to know of a cleanse that internally dissolves or does something to them. The lady who passed it onto me doesn't live here anymore. She swears by it. I did her gallstone cleanse, and swear to god, hundreds of them passed. I felt like a quarry that morning. Her mother did it and brought them into the doctor who recommended surgery and he couldn't believe his eyes.

That's very helpful.

Amnorix 10-21-2015 01:54 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VpmcTq_9ie...wnload+(1).jpg

seclark 10-21-2015 01:54 PM

years and years ago(70's) my mom had to have one surgically removed because it wouldn't pass. very serious operation back then.

after it was over, the doc told her the stone was large and covered w/spurs, which added a lot to the pain.
sec

BucEyedPea 10-21-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 11822553)
That's very helpful.

I can probably get it, but only if he's interested.

Pennywise 10-21-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11822559)

LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 11822553)
That's very helpful.

ROFL That's what I was thinking . Kinda like dangling a carrot.

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:56 PM

On a side note one of the meds they gave me was oxycodone, primarily for the flight home if something happened. They told me to take a couple before I got on the plane which I did. I honestly don't know how anyone can get hooked on those things. I hate how they make me feel and it messed with my sleep.

WhawhaWhat 10-21-2015 01:56 PM

Rockies' catcher Miguel Olivo passes kidney stone, keeps playing

Pennywise 10-21-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822561)
years and years ago(70's) my mom had to have one surgically removed because it wouldn't pass. very serious operation back then.

after it was over, the doc told her the stone was large and covered w/spurs, which added a lot to the pain.
sec

With big sharp jingly rowels. Good luck with that Bwana.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2015 01:58 PM

Had one during the playoffs last year, went to the ER, felt like a spear was plunged into my side. I was in the floor vomiting everywhere.

Sound fun?

Bwana 10-21-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11822563)

Sure do it.

I have one recipe but I'm game for a bonus recipe. One go around of this is enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11822563)

Pretty sure I can say he'd rather you present the formula to drink than ANY of the other options.

seclark 10-21-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11822574)
Had one during the playoffs last year, went to the ER, felt like a spear was plunged into my side. I was in the floor vomiting everywhere.

Sound fun?

well, if i was watching you do it, sure.
sec

ptlyon 10-21-2015 02:02 PM

Hey Bwana - if you're just laying around out there, do me a favor and see if there are any seafood places that I can get mail order. Lobster, clams, mussels, etc. Thanks!

Otter 10-21-2015 02:04 PM

Wow, I'm not reading anymore of this thread. Sorry, bud! Get well.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11822580)
well, if i was watching you do it, sure.
sec

The good news is that's the only time I've ever been to a hospital. I take good care of myself and my diet. Feel sorry for those who have medical or addiction or obesity problems, wow.

BucEyedPea 10-21-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822567)
On a side note one of the meds they gave me was oxycodone, primarily for the flight home if something happened. They told me to take a couple before I got on the plane which I did. I honestly don't know how anyone can get hooked on those things. I hate how they make me feel and it messed with my sleep.

Yep! Those are in the same family as heroin. Doesn't surprise me that people get hooked.

vailpass 10-21-2015 02:16 PM

Sorry to hear it brother. This too shall pass.
Don't let your meat loaf...

gblowfish 10-21-2015 02:29 PM

Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

cosmo20002 10-21-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822474)

Holy shit it hurts.

From what I've read, there's not a lot you can do to avoid them. The dietary stuff hasn't been proven. Some people just seem to get them, and if you have one, you're more likely to get another.

cosmo20002 10-21-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Shit, I didn't have to do that. They sent me home with painkillers and told me to drink water and piss in a cup until I saw a little stone in the cup. Eventually I saw the stone and was it was bigger than I figured. Didn't feel a thing on the way out.

cosmo20002 10-21-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11822545)
Kind of depends on the size, as I understand it. Super tiny means "go home, drink lots of water, and pee it out. Oh, and it will feel like you're pissing razor blades, and don't worry about the blood in your urine."

Slightly bigger may mean either removal via catheter etc., with or without sonic treatment to "break them up".

Bigger than that, even, means surgery to dig them directly out. They prefer you to pee them out (at phenomenal pain) rather than do the surgery though.

I have only experience phase one of the misery. First thing I noticed was lower back pain. So severe I thought I was going to throw up while sitting at a Friendly's. I had to go to the car while my family finished dinner.

That's exactly how I felt. First I thought I had strained my back. Then it felt like a stomach ache and I needed to shit but couldn't. Finally, just agony. I thought maybe my appendix had burst or something.

Had a 2nd one about a year later but recognized the symptoms and drove myself to the hospital. It did reach agony level in the waiting room, though. I do make it a point to drink more water now and haven't had one since.

seclark 10-21-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11822722)
Eventually I saw the stone and was it was bigger than I figured. Didn't feel a thing on the way out.

bragger
sec

Brock 10-21-2015 02:50 PM

Dehydration causes them for most people who get them. If you feel another one coming on, get a half dozen lemons and drink the juice. It will soften the stone up.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2015 02:52 PM

There's plenty you can do to avoid them: drink water. I was never aware of my water intake. I did a piss test a few years ago for a job and noticed then my urine was a bit dark. So I know I wasn't hydrated enough.

Eleazar 10-21-2015 03:03 PM

Dehydration, supplementing calcium, supplementing vitamin D, infections, very high protein diet

Bwana 10-21-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11822585)
Hey Bwana - if you're just laying around out there, do me a favor and see if there are any seafood places that I can get mail order. Lobster, clams, mussels, etc. Thanks!

I checked out yesterday early afternoon, sucked it up and flew back to Montana. I figured I could get the same care here if needed. There is something wrong about being 2000 miles from your house in a hospital bed.

scho63 10-21-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 11822838)
I checked out yesterday early afternoon, sucked it up and flew back to Montana. I figured I could get the same care here if needed. There is something wrong about being 2000 miles from your house in a hospital bed.

I don't know if you were at John Hopkins in Baltimore but most of the nurses all around the city are pretty fugly and mean! Not the best town for hot women although John Hopkins is Top 5 hospital in the US

2112 10-21-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Alright you're making me cringe just reading this. good luck dude, hopefully your ugly one eyed monster can puke that thing up.

notorious 10-21-2015 04:40 PM

JFC :eek:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N4Nhkj6s1F...y-stones-3.jpg

https://craftandrant.files.wordpress...pg?w=605&h=575

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mc6...=0&w=300&h=300

2112 10-21-2015 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's some dos and donuts goddamn that's nasty hope I never get that shit

kccrow 10-21-2015 04:51 PM

Have had the uric acid type. Pain. Immense ****ing pain. Drink alot of Water and Cranberry Juice. Papaya and Banana are good for helping with the healing process. Good luck with them sumbitches.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-21-2015 04:52 PM

BTDT - it sucks. You have my sympathy

First - if you take calcium supplements (or if your multivitamin has a ton of calcium) talk to your doc following this attack. If you NEED calcium - and some folks do - consider changing the vitamin to another variety, as this ain't working. In fact, review other drugs that you're taking w/this in mind - kidney stones come from somewhere, figure out what you have 'too much' of and knock it off. They're usually calcium, but can form from other minerals (magnesium, etc...) If you drink a lot of milk, eat a lot of yogurt and spinach and take a multivitamin you might need to review what goes down the piehole.

2nd - acidify yourself w/your drinks from now on. Cranberry juice has been mentioned, lemonade or lemon water is another to consider (diet lemonade is ok). Look for an ingredient w/'citrate' in it's name. Citrate is your friend. Have a slice of lemon or 2 in every glass of water or tea from now on, then have another glass. You need to keep water going thru the system (not beer - sorry. Ask me how I know)

If that thing is still in there (and I suspect it is - you usually know when they leave) you might ask for lithotripsy (sp??) Litho means 'stone' and 'tripsy' means they dope you up good, the way I figure it. They sit you in a warm bath and bombard you w/sound waves or something similar while you're 'hopped up on goofballs'. It helps to break up a kidney stone, makes it a lot easier to pee it out. You want 'gravel' instead of a 'boulder' going thru that tube. And it can be fairly pleasant, compared to them shoving tubes up your woohoo.

http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/n...-risk-in-study

Beware of the painpills. They'll give you some danged powerful stuff. There are side effects you don't think of, so if you get a pill you're not familiar with, go to that link above and look 'em up. They can make you turn into a cannibal who can't poop, that sort of thing. Not as much fun as it may sound.

Mr. Laz 10-21-2015 04:59 PM

No kidney stones but my gallstones hurt like ****.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-21-2015 05:07 PM

My gallstones recently have been kicking my butt, too. If you live long enough, everything breaks.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/gal...nt5.html#acvlj

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/gal...rs-choice.html

spanky 52 10-21-2015 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear. My wife had them several years ago and she claims it hurts worse than childbirth. And for the Doctor to put a stent up in your kidney isn't a ride you get at Disneyland. Hope you get better soon.

Gonzo 10-21-2015 07:04 PM

There once was a guy named Bwana.
Who's pecker had the drip from Tijuana.
He might be an excellent mod,
But he has an infected rod.
The doc said "pee" but he said I don't wanna.

EPodolak 10-21-2015 08:20 PM

The only kidney stone I had was several years ago and happened because at the time I was taking calcium supplements daily. I quit doing that and haven't had one again.

Gonzo 10-21-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 11823857)
The only kidney stone I had was several years ago and happened because at the time I was taking calcium supplements daily. I quit doing that and haven't had one again.

The only thing guys like Bwana and I eat are Elk hearts and we only drink Stout Lager or burbon.
Vitamins are for pussies.