ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This defense. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299626)

Direckshun 04-29-2016 11:44 PM

This defense.

DE: Howard, Williams
NT: Poe, Howard, Ta'amu
DE: Bailey, Jones

OLB: Hali, Ford
ILB: Mauga, Wilson, Alexander
ILB: Johnson, March
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Russell, Cooper
S: Berry, Parker, Wilson, Fleming, Sorenson

I'd say this defense is built. Let's get some OL and offensive weapons. We've got seven picks to do so.

staylor26 04-29-2016 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12206720)

I'd say this defense is built. Let's get some OL and offensive weapons. We've got seven picks to do so.

We have enough picks to add a QB, G, WR, S, ILB, and OLB.

Direckshun 04-29-2016 11:50 PM

Offense isn't too shabby either at this time. Need some OL depth and another premier offensive weapon, honestly.

QB: Smith, Murray, Bray
RB: Charles, West, Ware, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Conley, Streater, Wilson, Thomas, Hammond
TE: Kelce, O'Shaughnessy, Harris

LT: Fisher, Reid
LG: Reid, Munyer
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Schwartz, Reid

pugsnotdrugs19 04-29-2016 11:50 PM

I know it's too early to say, but I expect Russell to start.... And be good.

You watch his tape. He does things athletically that Sean Smith can only dream of. He's the type of guy you can put on any type of receiver, like a Chris Harris so to speak.

And Jones, well if he wants it bad enough his ceiling is that of an elite player.

The future is bright here.

mcaj22 04-29-2016 11:52 PM

you forgot Mike Williams and Stevie Brown

Beef Supreme 04-29-2016 11:53 PM

Yeah, but we missed getting that kicker.

Don Corlemahomes 04-29-2016 11:55 PM

what do you guys think of Josh Perry? Why did he slip past the 3rd round?

RealSNR 04-29-2016 11:55 PM

Meanwhile Denver added some old ass Australian mother****er with no pass rush skills whatsoever, a guy I drafted for San Diego in the ****ing 6th round of the CP mock.

I'd say we won there.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12206735)
Meanwhile Denver added some old ass Australian mother****er with no pass rush skills whatsoever, a guy I drafted for San Diego in the ****ing 6th round of the CP mock.

I'd say we won there.

So far, our AFC rivals have drafted not even one player to fear

staylor26 04-29-2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12206735)

I'd say we won there.

While I love Karl Joseph, Oakland's draft wasn't all that either. I'll take ours over theirs.

Oh yea, and we're going to kick everybody's ass tomorrow.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-29-2016 11:59 PM

There's going to be an odd man out in that corner battle, it'll be interesting.

I'm comfortable with any of the 4 playing based on what I know right now but we'll see. I think Russell has the highest ceiling after Peters.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12206738)
While I love Karl Joseph, Oakland's draft wasn't all that either. I'll take ours over theirs.

Oh yea, and we're going to kick everybody's ass tomorrow.

This.

Tomorrow is when the talking heads will start to take notice and say, hey, KC did pretty good on paper. Again.

staylor26 04-30-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12206737)

Joseph is damn good, but will he hold up in the box? (I imagine Reggie Nelson is playing centerfield)

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12206743)
Joseph is damn good, but will he hold up in the box? (I imagine Reggie Nelson is playing centerfield)

He's 5'9.

How's he going to match up with Kelce, Harris and O'Shaugnessy and hopefully, Conley, Williams and Streater?

Or West or Ware? Ware will destroy him one on one.

staylor26 04-30-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12206745)
He's 5'9.

How's he going to match up with Kelce, Harris and O'Shaugnessy and hopefully, Conley, Williams and Streater?

Or West or Ware? Ware will destroy him one on one.

I can see him having issues there, but if they put him at FS and let him play centerfield he would be Earl Thomas lite.

Good thing they wasted money on Reggie Nelson's ancient ass, so they won't be able to play him there for now.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 12:09 AM

Dorsey spoke very breifly about the D-Line rotating in his conference call.

It sounds like they know what we know, and that is that these guys could be extremely effective throughout a game if used right.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 12:23 AM

Also, Dorsey says they plan to start Russell out as an outside corner in practices. So, yeah his odds look that much better I think.

Direckshun 04-30-2016 12:31 AM

He says he PLANS to?

That doesn't sound like Andy Reid. Typically Reid starts out with the vets and forces the rookie to win the job.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12206761)
He says he PLANS to?

That doesn't sound like Andy Reid. Typically Reid starts out with the vets and forces the rookie to win the job.

He means they plan to practice him as an outside corner, not place him at the top of the depth chart

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 12:35 AM

https://youtu.be/vguCmKduWrY

Mizzou fans, cover your eyes. This tape is nothing but Chris Jones sodimizing Missouri. He legitimately could have had 4 sacks in this game if he gets the QB down a couple times.

Viewers discretion is advised.

RunKC 04-30-2016 12:46 AM

That's bullshit Dane. Come on.

Karl Joseph is a good center field type safety. He's not a box safety but he's an Early Thomas type (not saying he is him, but will be used similarly). The guy had like 5 INT's in 4 games last year. He's a good player and it sucks to see him go there.
Bosa is an obvious threat. I don't know why that's so hard to admit. He looks like a solid pass rusher for 10 years.
Denver lacked the most here. Lynch won't do much if he even plays next year and Gotsis is an poor man's Derek Wolfe. Blue collar try hard guy.

The Raiders have solid talent, but I don't think Del Rio will use it to its potential, plus Carr still crumbles under pressure.
This division should be ours this year. If it's not then wow what an embarrassment that would be.

RunKC 04-30-2016 12:50 AM

Oh, and I don't want to count on Jimmy Wilson or Marcus Cooper. I'm all for drafting a S. Watching Jimmy Wilson on NFLN really made me dislike him.

staylor26 04-30-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12206766)

Karl Joseph is a good center field type safety. He's not a box safety but he's an Early Thomas type (not saying he is him, but will be used similarly). The guy had like 5 INT's in 4 games last year. He's a good player and it sucks to see him go there.
Bosa is an obvious threat. I don't know why that's so hard to admit. He looks like a solid pass rusher for 10 years.
Denver lacked the most here. Lynch won't do much if he even plays next year and Gotsis is an poor man's Derek Wolfe. Blue collar try hard guy.

The Raiders have solid talent, but I don't think Del Rio will use it to its potential, plus Carr still crumbles under pressure.
This division should be ours this year. If it's not then wow what an embarrassment that would be.

I love Joseph. Probably my favorite player in the entire draft. But, if they put him in the box and let Nelson play centerfield, that's a mistake. Should've never wasted the money on Nelson if they were going to do this IMO.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 01:01 AM

Here is Russell tape vs USC. Amazing athleticism and closing speed. Great tackling.

https://youtu.be/2Lm3CuVl9WQ

eDave 04-30-2016 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12206771)
Here is Russell tape vs USC. Amazing athleticism and closing speed. Great tackling.

https://youtu.be/2Lm3CuVl9WQ

He didn't turn his head at :40

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2016 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12206766)

I'm sorry, a short safety coming off an ACL doesn't concern me.

Bosa seems like the classic bust, just like his father. Telesco has sucked as a GM.

Lynch is a HUGE project. Smaller school. The guy has NEVER taken a 3, 5 or 7 step drop.

The Raiders are the Raiders. Always overdrafting players.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2016 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12206742)
This.

Tomorrow is when the talking heads will start to take notice and say, hey, KC did pretty good on paper. Again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Those words will never be spoken, regardless.

milkman 04-30-2016 06:42 AM

As it stands right now, based on the comments, it appears that the top 3 corners will be Peters, Russeli and Gaines, leaving Nelson as the dime.

If Russell proves to be as good as some of you think he might be, and Gaines can stay healthy, that seems to be a pretty talented group.

BigRedChief 04-30-2016 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12206720)

Yeah, it's going to be a tough defense.

Anyone hear any updates on Houston's return? Which week is he scheduled to return.

Rausch 04-30-2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12206728)
Offense isn't too shabby either at this time. Need some OL depth and another premier offensive weapon, honestly.

QB: Smith, Murray, Bray
RB: Charles, West, Ware, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Conley, Streater, Wilson, Thomas, Hammond
TE: Kelce, O'Shaughnessy, Harris

LT: Fisher, Reid
LG: Reid, Munyer
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Schwartz, Reid

I was really hoping we'd go G with our late 2nd but there was a need at CB as well.

Edit: and if we can get McGovern with a 4th I'll JIMP...

That would add competition/depth to DL, G, and CB...

Red Dawg 04-30-2016 06:58 AM

I will be surprised if we don't pick another back field guy. A safety. We should grab a guard and there is a possibility Prescot.

TEX 04-30-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12206819)
Yeah, it's going to be a tough defense.

Anyone hear any updates on Houston's return? Which week is he scheduled to return.

I'm not too sure about that. CB opposite Peters concerns me. Many questions there. CB's are very important in this scheme. Will wait and see how it all plays out. Gains may be fine and Russell might be something. Just have some concerns at this point in time.

Rausch 04-30-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12206953)
I'm not too sure about that. CB opposite Peters concerns me. Many questions there. CB's are very important in this scheme. Will wait and see how it all plays out. Gains may be fine and Russell might be something. Just have some concerns at this point in time.

I'd preferred to have gone CB and then G but since there are still a ton of G's out there with G/T ability I'd be a sucker.

Considering what's left there's huge talent at G, OLB, and HB.

I know we don't need OLB or HB but it's there...

philfree 04-30-2016 09:27 AM

Keep stocking the D. I like it!

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 09:40 AM

Give this a quick read/watch, and you'll get the idea of just how nice of a pick Russell may be. Miller seems very sure this guy will end up our #2 starter to start the year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-chiefs-rookie

RunKC 04-30-2016 09:46 AM

I want one more defender. Kalan Reed , Maurice Candady or a safety would be perfect.

bricks 04-30-2016 09:46 AM

Honestly, I expect the defense to be the same. Drafting a DT in the 2nd round and a CB in the 3rd round isn't convincing to me that it'll be better.

It's a good defense but sad to say it isn't an elite championship level defense. I don't think it ever will be.

They don't have the defensive coordinator and I expect them to keep him around forever or at least for a very long time.

kc79 04-30-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12207150)
I want one more defender. Kalan Reed , Maurice Candady or a safety would be perfect.

S Jeremy Cash of Duke or Deon Bush of Miami

staylor26 04-30-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 12207151)
Honestly, I expect the defense to be the same. Drafting a DT in the 2nd round and a CB in the 3rd round isn't convincing to me that it'll be better.

It's a good defense but sad to say it isn't an elite championship level defense. I don't think it ever will be.

They don't have the defensive coordinator and I expect them to keep him around forever or at least for a very long time.

:facepalm:

NJChiefsFan 04-30-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12206737)

You don't like joey bosa?

pugsnotdrugs19 04-30-2016 09:58 AM

The defense will be better. We're more athletic, greater depth everywhere.

I've said it before, but again, as good as Sean Smith was, guys like Russell can make plays that Smith could never hope to athletically. Same goes for Jones comparing to Devito.

Buehler445 04-30-2016 10:38 AM

I really like Gaines when he's healthy. I just hope his injuries are behind him.