ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What bothers you the most about this franchise? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312184)

Best22 12-08-2017 10:23 AM

What bothers you the most about this franchise?

For me, it's easy.

The only NFL franchise with fewer Conference Championship appearances is the Houston Texans (est. 2002). The Chiefs and Lions are tied with 1 (and the Lions are a pure garbage franchise with 1 playoff victory since 1958 and a host of other embarrassment, only franchise in NFL that is clearly inferior to the Chiefs)

Here's why it hurts. With Superbowl wins, well, you have around 30 teams, and the game has only been around since 1966. With our SB IV trophy, we are still on track for one every 32 years. Okay then. I don't see that as a proper way to show the Chiefs incompetence as a franchise

But the AFCCG. There are 16 AFC teams. That means 1 of 8 teams play in it. So, mathematically, we should be there once every 8 years. Instead, for KC it has been once every 48 years. That's what bothers me the most about this franchise. Chargers have been there 4 times. Donks and Faiders, lol, I ain't counting all that

So get a team that is actually capable of winning big in the playoffs and maybe just maybe we will appear in that game once again...:rolleyes:

In58men 12-08-2017 10:25 AM

Alex Smith

/thread

Reerun_KC 12-08-2017 10:25 AM

Retread coaches

Jank cast off QBs

49er QBS

Commitment to Mediocrity

Infatuation with players past their prime because someone has their jersey.

Pablo 12-08-2017 10:27 AM

Lack of post-season success in any fashion for an enormous chunk of my life.

They got it right with the QB1 route, so I can't hold that against them anymore. Just have to wait and hope Pat is the payoff for decades of nothingness.

Jerm 12-08-2017 10:28 AM

Their refusal to make changes and keeping on with the status quo that obviously isn't working...whether it's coaches, players, on the field, etc.

It never feels like we move with the times and always keep trying to shove a round peg into a square hole...

RunKC 12-08-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13269281)
Retread coaches

Jank cast off QBs

49er QBS

Commitment to Mediocrity

Infatuation with players past their prime because someone has their jersey.

We tried the whole young first time HC path with Haley and it was an epic. Disaster.

loochy 12-08-2017 10:31 AM

They suck and they are OK with it
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 12-08-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269299)
We tried the whole young first time HC path with Haley and it was an epic. Disaster.

And we keep rehashing the trash with the same disaster results. See post season success for last 4 decades.

Chief Northman 12-08-2017 10:32 AM

More Superbowls needed.

RunKC 12-08-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13269307)
And we keep rehashing the trash with the same disaster results.

Nah. I want to see what Andy does with Pat and a new DC. Give Andy a real QB and we'll start winning more playoff games.

KC_Lee 12-08-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269299)

Matty Ice didn't help that situation.

BigBeauford 12-08-2017 10:34 AM

Until Mahomes, the retread QBs. Horrible.

lcarus 12-08-2017 10:34 AM

You fellas have a lot of growing up to do I'll tell ya that. Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. Can you believe these characters? Way out of line. WAY out of line. I have a good mind to go to the warden about this. What hurts the most is the lack of respect. Except for the other thing. That hurts the most. But the lack of respect hurts the second most.

DJ's left nut 12-08-2017 10:35 AM

That they continue to put folks in the Ring of Honor every year even when there's nobody eligible that really deserves it.

It's just rubbing my nose in our willingness to celebrate mediocrity.

Reerun_KC 12-08-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269312)
Nah. I want to see what Andy does with Pat and a new DC. Give Andy a real QB and we'll start winning more playoff games.

Not really interested in Andy. Not then, not next year, not really ever.

19 years and Andy still Andy’s.

11Chiefs 12-08-2017 10:40 AM

Apathy

thegame214 12-08-2017 10:41 AM

Andy Reid Press Conferences

RunKC 12-08-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13269336)
Not really interested in Andy. Not then, not next year, not really ever.

19 years and Andy still Andy’s.

Solution?

Prison Bitch 12-08-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13269327)
That they continue to put folks in the Ring of Honor every year even when there's nobody eligible that really deserves it.

It's just rubbing my nose in our willingness to celebrate mediocrity.

Every so often you see a post and asy "Why didn't i think of that?"

siberian khatru 12-08-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13269347)
Andy Reid Press Conferences

That falls on him, and he's got to take care of that. He's gotta do better.

Chiefnj2 12-08-2017 10:45 AM

It seems that ever since Marty/King Carl Peterson days there has not been much cohesion between head coach and GM and the general direction and balance of the team.

Gunther - way over his head as head coach.

Vermeil - brought in originally on a 3 year "win now" window. He picked the wrong DC. Then, was given Gunther as DC and the big name free agent approach to immediately fix the D didn't work.

Edwards - Over his head. Should have been apparent from his days with the Jets but the Hunt family is slow to learn. Inherited an old team. When he finally got some of his own players and sacrificed a year of giving a lot of young guys playing time he was fired.

Haley & Pioli - Should never have been paired together. One of the worst matches in history. Felix and Oscar.

Romeo Crennel - Good DC, not head coach material. Should have been apparent to the Hunt family, but they aren't the quickest learners.

Andy Reid & Dorsey - Another bad GM and HC pairing apparently.

All the while the above is occurring you have a franchise failure to draft and develop its own QB.

Prison Bitch 12-08-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13269353)
That falls on him, and he's got to take care of that. He's gotta do better.

He'll get it fixed

KCUnited 12-08-2017 10:56 AM

It's obviously a culmination of many, many, many, many things, but if I had to pick just one it's still Matt Cassel. Still can't believe that happened. A round 1 QB helps, but I really can't take anything they do serious after going all in on Matt Cassel, barring an AFC championship.

notorious 12-08-2017 10:59 AM

It's a loser franchise that my family infested me with. I am pot-committed.

If I didn't have the entertainment of CP I might have said "**** it" years ago.

Red Beans 12-08-2017 11:00 AM

I don't want to talk about it.

Tribal Warfare 12-08-2017 11:01 AM

AIDS and Antifreeze

ptlyon 12-08-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 13269387)
I don't want to talk about it.

Awwww C'mon Lil buddy... What's the matter?

Rausch 12-08-2017 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13269380)
It's obviously a culmination of many, many, many, many things...

This.

Danguardace 12-08-2017 11:18 AM

Probably not the most annoying thing but would like to see a re-brand I feel the Uniforms and logos need a refresh.

Molitoth 12-08-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13269357)
It seems that ever since Marty/King Carl Peterson days there has not been much cohesion between head coach and GM and the general direction and balance of the team.

Vermeil - brought in originally on a 3 year "win now" window. He picked the wrong DC. Then, was given Gunther as DC and the big name free agent approach to immediately fix the D didn't work.

Edwards - Over his head. Should have been apparent from his days with the Jets but the Hunt family is slow to learn. Inherited an old team. When he finally got some of his own players and sacrificed a year of giving a lot of young guys playing time he was fired.

Haley & Pioli - Should never have been paired together. One of the worst matches in history. Felix and Oscar.

Romeo Crennel - Good DC, not head coach material. Should have been apparent to the Hunt family, but they aren't the quickest learners.

All the while the above is occurring you have a franchise failure to draft and develop its own QB.

Pretty much nailed it.

I was fine with trying a young new Head coach with Todd Haley,... but when Pioli strapped him to a bunch of shit QB's he didn't want to work with, he went into "I don't give a ****ing shit mode".

I blame Pioli for Haleys mess.

Haley brought some good production out of players and has since gone on to keep the Steelers going as one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL.

ptlyon 12-08-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13269439)
Probably not the most annoying thing but would like to see a re-brand I feel the Uniforms and logos need a refresh.

You, you shut Your WHORE MOUTH!

ptlyon 12-08-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13269450)
Pretty much nailed it.

I was fine with trying a young new Head coach with Todd Haley,... but when Pioli strapped him to a bunch of shit QB's he didn't want to work with, he went into "I don't give a ****ing shit mode".

I blame Pioli for Haleys mess.

Haley brought some good production out of players and has since gone on to keep the Steelers going as one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL.

AND THAT GOES FOR YOU, TOO!

Rausch 12-08-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13269357)

I would agree with everything above other than Reid/Dorsey.

They were completely on the same page. Dorsey just sucked at contracts and shit his pants in the first two rounds of the draft.

Every year.

And, many people say, the first two rounds are important...

Eleazar 12-08-2017 11:23 AM

being stuck with Andy Reid for 5 more years or so.

Buehler445 12-08-2017 11:35 AM

Commitment to ****tardery. Somehow, the leadership of the franchise let, King Carl, Squrimin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards, Franchise Killer Pioli (when he was pitching Romeo. Early on he was a "hot" hire), Goonther, et al that they weren't completely ****ing worthless.

I mean come on. There isn't much you can see in any of those guys that doesn't set off the bullshit sensor. I don't see how you can sit in a room with these guys and say, "YEP this guy has it!" It is just maddening.

Clark at least appears to not be loyal to a fault. So maybe he can get lucky.

stevieray 12-08-2017 11:41 AM

The unwillingness to simultaneously field a complete team on both sides of the ball.

The lack of aggressiveness.

Too nice mentality (Lamar & Clark)

Chief_For_Life58 12-08-2017 11:45 AM

I work with a very prominant ex chief player. Talk to him regularly about the chiefs. He told me last night that every exec wants to work for the chiefs because our owner is not there everyday. You have zero ownership involvement. Know why the steelers always win? Because the rooneys live 5 minutes away from the stadium, open and close the doors every morning and are not happy with 2nd place. Our owner lives in Dallas, gives the keys to someone and says ok here you go, it was the same with Lamar. The clarks run this organization like a business and only care about the bottom line. Lamar even said on radio back when he was trying to redo the stadium he would rather the team go 10-6 every year and make the playoffs than win the superbowl once, 10-6 allows you to raise ticket prices every year and pad your bottom line. Clark is the same. He probably goes to the exec offices once a month.

Rausch 12-08-2017 11:47 AM

As a fan of 30 years I think the HC/GM/Owner all agreed once to completely sell out and say "**** it - it's this year. Make it happen."

Once.

And I'm not advocating stupid trades or signing the highest priced FA out there. Just maximizing the full advantage of trades/draft/FA signings...

Chief_For_Life58 12-08-2017 11:47 AM

also to add to that, he said when Andy got hired, it was because everyone got fired, clark had no idea what to do, went to donovan and was like please help, donovan had ties to philly, called Andy, who knowone in the league wanted as a head coach btw, and they hired him. "when the Hunts call, you answer" yeah cus its a free meal ticket to go 8-8 every year

Rain Man 12-08-2017 11:51 AM

General timidity through all levels of the organization, from players to coaches to GMs to ownership (though with the awareness that Clark seems to be more decisive than his father).

The Mahomes trade is probably the first truly bold decision the franchise has made since drafting Buck Buchanan in 1963.

Shaid 12-08-2017 11:52 AM

At the end of the day, you need a QB that can take over games, this team hasn't made that a focus and that's why we haven't been to the big show in so long. I'm hoping they've fixed that. Now fix the line on both sides and things will start to look a hell of a lot better really fast.

Rausch 12-08-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269568)
also to add to that, he said when Andy got hired, it was because everyone got fired, clark had no idea what to do, went to donovan and was like please help, donovan had ties to philly, called Andy, who knowone in the league wanted as a head coach btw, and they hired him. "when the Hunts call, you answer" yeah cus its a free meal ticket to go 8-8 every year

Well, you convinced me...

Ghost of Maslowski 12-08-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13269274)

the absolute inability and seemingly unwillingness to draft and develop starting quality Quarterbacks for the entire history of the franchise.

Rausch 12-08-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 13269594)
the absolute inability and seemingly unwillingness to draft and develop starting quality Quarterbacks for the entire history of the franchise.

Your timing is off...

Chief_For_Life58 12-08-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269593)
Well, you convinced me...

I mean its true, The Hunts dont live here, theyre not involved in the franchise, they check their bank account every morning and thats it. The steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, all have ownership that wakes up every morning, goes to teh stadium and thinks about how they can get better as an organization. Our owner wakes up, looks at his bank account, heads to Dallas Country Club to play golf, calls Andy Reid, Andy says yeah everything is fine up here dont worry about it we got it under control, and he gets back to shooting at 105 on the golf course. Prove to me im wrong about our ownership involvement

George Liquor 12-08-2017 12:01 PM

That I'm legitimately starting to think that I'll never see this team win a Super Bowl before i die.

I'm 32.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13269627)
That I'm legitimately starting to think that I'll never see this team win a Super Bowl before i die.

I'm 32.

I'm 41 and I'm telling you that you won't.

YOU WON'T.

George Liquor 12-08-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269633)
I'm 41 and I'm telling you that you won't.

YOU WON'T.

I believe you.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269607)
I mean its true, The Hunts dont live here, theyre not involved in the franchise, they check their bank account every morning and thats it. The steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, all have ownership that wakes up every morning, goes to teh stadium and thinks about how they can get better as an organization. Our owner wakes up, looks at his bank account, heads to Dallas Country Club to play golf, calls Andy Reid, Andy says yeah everything is fine up here dont worry about it we got it under control, and he gets back to shooting at 105 on the golf course. Prove to me im wrong about our ownership involvement

So our owner acts like a rich guy but the other rich guys don't?

Our rich guy, clearly forged in conservative values, doesn't feel any loyalty to his family name/franchise other than making a buck?

Eehhhh...

Mr. Plow 12-08-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269312)

This is my argument for those wanting rid of Reid. I want to see what he can do with a real QB under center.

Rain Man 12-08-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13269655)
This is my argument for those wanting rid of Reid. I want to see what he can do with a real QB under center.

Pretty much any coach can do well if the quarterback is good enough.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tony Dungy.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13269655)

Good.

You'll have Reid/PM for the next 3 years.

And when you hit 40 three years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Graystoke 12-08-2017 12:12 PM

What bothers me is that this franchise consistently gives me hope, only to take it away last minute with stupidity.

Best22 12-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13269659)
Pretty much any coach can do well if the quarterback is good enough.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tony Dungy.

Dungy had more success in Tampa Bay than Reid has had in KC

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:19 PM

Losing doesn't HURT them.

Clark wouldn't set up a ride so a guy could CLIMB OUT A ****ING WINDOW to sign with him.

Just saying, he wouldn't...

JakeF 12-08-2017 12:19 PM

The Hunt family, everything starts with ownership.

fan4ever 12-08-2017 12:24 PM

What bothers me most about this franchise is that they've had enough success to make me afraid that when I do tell them to F-Off one day they'll win the SuperBowl.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13269697)
What bothers me most about this franchise is that they've had enough success to make me afraid that when I do tell them to F-Off one day they'll win the SuperBowl.

This is my greatest fear.

They day I finally become an actual mature adult and let this shit go...

...6 months later they'll win their 2nd SB.

BlackHelicopters 12-08-2017 01:03 PM

Hunt family. Common thread. Mafia will never let us win.

Ghost of Maslowski 12-08-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269596)
Your timing is off...

not quite as much as yours. Mahomes is still a rookie with zero career starts. if, in say ten or fifteen years, he is still starting and playing well for KC, with a few division titles, playoff wins, and most importantly a ring or two, then i will be more than happy to give him all the credit he deserves. for now though, Mahomes is simply the latest bust QB drafted by this franchise until he proves otherwise. while it won't take very much to become the greatest QB ever drafted by the Chiefs, because that bar is already so incredibly low, there is a very long way to go to prove that he will be among the greatest QB's ever drafted. that is what i am talking about when asked what bothers me the most about this franchise, because that is what i feel has been the single greatest obstacle to seeing KC return to the Super Bowl in nearly 50 years.

i really hope i am wrong about Mahomes, and that he truly is the long awaited answer to our prayers, because the Chiefs have finally accomplished the impossible by drafting a legitimate franchise QB. but i will not get my hopes up, and i will not be holding my breath, and i will certainly not be surprised if the Chiefs history of drafting bust QB's continues to repeat itself.

srvy 12-08-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269562)
I work with a very prominant ex chief player. Talk to him regularly about the chiefs. He told me last night that every exec wants to work for the chiefs because our owner is not there everyday. You have zero ownership involvement. Know why the steelers always win? Because the rooneys live 5 minutes away from the stadium, open and close the doors every morning and are not happy with 2nd place. Our owner lives in Dallas, gives the keys to someone and says ok here you go, it was the same with Lamar. The clarks run this organization like a business and only care about the bottom line. Lamar even said on radio back when he was trying to redo the stadium he would rather the team go 10-6 every year and make the playoffs than win the superbowl once, 10-6 allows you to raise ticket prices every year and pad your bottom line. Clark is the same. He probably goes to the exec offices once a month.

This was going to be my post also. It also goes for the team across the parking lot.

Rausch 12-08-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 13269774)
not quite as much as yours. Mahomes is still a rookie with zero career starts. if, in say ten or fifteen years...

Here's where I assume humor is being injected.

Quote:

...he is still starting and playing well for KC, with a few division titles, playoff wins, and most importantly a ring or two...

Who?

Who has a "ring or two" on this team?
Hell, tell me the names of any players who QUALIFIED TO PLAY IN A PLAYOFF GAME on this team.

Quote:

...then i will be more than happy to give him all the credit he deserves.

No one has achieved anything.
There is nothing to show off.
You can't point out "whom deserves what" when not a person in the field has accomplished jack shit.
We have former ALL-PRO players trying to hang on after the hill and young talent that just can't stay healthy and is TERRIBLE ON THE FIELD.

Herm uses so much flap-jaw he forgets what he says himself.

But he did say this to a bunch of high school kids: "You only get two chances to be great. There's the sunrise and the sunset. There's the time you realize what you are and the day you realize it's almost gone.
You remember those times kids.
Don't forget this. Remember it."

And the way he said it he was so bad at delivering the (negative) message. He was walking and looking nervous and just helping guys stretch properly.

Simply Red 12-08-2017 01:30 PM

Ownership

Chief_For_Life58 12-08-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269646)
So our owner acts like a rich guy but the other rich guys don't?

Our rich guy, clearly forged in conservative values, doesn't feel any loyalty to his family name/franchise other than making a buck?

Eehhhh...

The other rich guys are in the exec office every day trying to figure out how to win superbowls. Managing the franchise is theyre number 1 daily job. Our owner gives the keys to the GM/President/Coach and says ok go ahead do what you want. win us 8 games a year. I'll make another 150 million off the franchise every year and everything will be good.

stevieray 12-08-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269816)
The other rich guys are in the exec office every day trying to figure out how to win superbowls. Managing the franchise is theyre number 1 daily job. Our owner gives the keys to the GM/President/Coach and says ok go ahead do what you want. win us 8 games a year. I'll make another 150 million off the franchise every year and everything will be good.

same as it ever was

Pasta Little Brioni 12-08-2017 01:42 PM

Cuck fans

MMXcalibur 12-08-2017 01:45 PM

The lack of postseason success.

At some point you just have to laugh at the ineptitude of it all, but man...you would think that a Chiefs team could put it all together just ONE time over the decades of futility they've strung together. Shit, just a postseason VICTORY was elusive until the angels' blared their trumpets and sent Bryan Hoyer crashing into Houston.

Thank Christ they drafted Mahomes and he's getting these rave reviews. That alone is keeping me amped up about the future. I can't even tell you how soul-crushing it would be to have another retread quarterback in the stable.

redfan 12-08-2017 01:48 PM

They have been way to comfortable being less than mediocre. One playoff win in 30 years? WTF

wazu 12-08-2017 01:59 PM

For me it’s about process. Do that well and postseason success will follow. Most of my life the Chiefs process did not include trying to draft and develop a franchise QB as any kind of priority. That appears to be changing as they finally took a shot. Now my biggest heartburn is that he isn’t getting to play.

TLO 12-08-2017 02:00 PM

The Monday night coaches show with Mitch H.

Rain Man 12-08-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269816)

It's obviously not working out over the past few decades, but on paper it seems like the owner turning the keys over to football guys would be the better system than having an active owner.

The only logical reason that it wouldn't work out is if the owners were actively working to cheat the system. But that would mean that Pat Bowlen and Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones were unethical and ... heyyyyyyyy.

Chief_For_Life58 12-08-2017 02:33 PM

Like any business, if the CEO isnt in the office everyday managing the business, people are going to do whatever they want and be complacent with doing just enough

wazu 12-08-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13269864)
The Monday night coaches show with Mitch H.

That is the most beautiful disaster in a Kansas City.

HemiEd 12-08-2017 03:19 PM

I used to let each loss get me down. In fact there was a time when it would take me days to get over it, almost make me sick.

The Pinnacle of that was the ****ing we took at the hands of the officials and John Elway in the 97/98 Playoffs.

Then again after the 2003 season at the hands of Indy and Peyton.

Now, after watching them for so many years, almost nothing they do bothers me.

They have kept doing the same thing, over and over, and over, and over again.

It is what it is, entertainment.

That being said, Peters did bother me this season. To see him intentionally dog it, pissed me off. I am even over that now. Not a ****ing thing I can do about it.

rico 12-08-2017 03:23 PM

The cheerleaders, for sure!!! They are the WORST!!! They don't inspire our players AT ALL!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

http://replygif.net/i/170.gif

el borracho 12-08-2017 03:33 PM

The Chiefs franchise, overall, seems to lack vision. They have routinely spent valuable resources to acquire other team's rejects at the most important positions. Head coaches and quarterbacks in particular.

Even their minor successes (2 years of Montana; 5 years of Green; 5 years of Vermeil) all were achieved by overpaying which left them fewer resources to build a championship caliber team.

crayzkirk 12-08-2017 03:40 PM

What bothers me the most is that it seems ownership accepts losing because the fan base accepts losing.

The old saying of: Good enough for who it's for, seems to apply here.

Fans want to tailgate, get hammered, cuss and yell for three hours then drive home without worry of being stopped.

Last week was the first time that I intentionally made plans so I wouldn't watch the game. I'm 59 years old and am tired of expending energy on the Chefs. Revoke my fandom, call me a fair weather fan, etc.

We.Will.Never.Win.With.Andy.
Or.Clark.

They finally managed to destroy my enjoyment of football. That and all the stupid rules protecting the quarterback. Not "our" quarterback, just those special few as chosen by the league.

Hammock Parties 12-08-2017 03:42 PM

The homers who enable its behavior. Bunch of slack jawed yokels.

Shag 12-08-2017 04:36 PM

The lack of accountability, top to bottom.

stevieray 12-08-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13270066)
The homers who enable its behavior. Bunch of slack jawed yokels.

:rolleyes:

It's the organization, and it started before you were born.