ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mahomes vs Mayfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315197)

ToxSocks 05-01-2018 07:55 PM

Mahomes vs Mayfield

What a fun game to watch. We'll see the NFL version this season. And just think, John Dorsey drafted both of them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yc4R0hS-C-8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited, changed the video

MahiMike 05-01-2018 08:04 PM

I almost wanted Denver to take Mayfield. I saw them as very similar players. Luckily the Donks have no QB on their staff to compete with our guy.

Shag 05-01-2018 08:05 PM

This is an OU highlight reel - they don't even show the TT scoring plays, only the good OU defensive plays. Gotta be a better video out there.

SAUTO 05-01-2018 08:08 PM

There's one that only shows mahomes. Or the whole game. Its a good one

JakeF 05-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13542472)
What a fun game to watch. We'll see the NFL version this season. And just think, John Dorsey drafted both of them.

The video seems to go out of its way to show bad plays by Mahomes and good plays by Mayfield.

The ease in which Mayfield throws seam routes is impressive. He seems to have a natural power to his throws that make them seem effortless. I hope for Cleveland's sake that he turns out to be a good one.

I still think that Dorsey screwed up by passing on Chubb for Ward.

smithandrew051 05-01-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13542512)
The video seems to go out of its way to show bad plays by Mahomes and good plays by Mayfield.

The ease in which Mayfield throws seam routes is impressive. He seems to have a natural power to his throws that make them seem effortless. I hope for Cleveland's sake that he turns out to be a good one.

I think Dorsey should’ve gone with Barkley at 1, Chubb at 4, and traded back into the late first for Lamar Jackson. I’d take those 3 over Ward and Mayfield any day.

JakeF 05-01-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 13542524)
I think Dorsey should’ve gone with Barkley at 1, Chubb at 4, and traded back into the late first for Lamar Jackson. I’d take those 3 over Ward and Mayfield any day.

Lamar Jackson, do you mean CB Josh Jackson? (Why would they take two QBs?)

Baker Mayfield
Bradley Chubb
Josh Jackson
Nick Chubb

Would have been a quality first two rounds.

Best22 05-01-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13542512)

It's a Sooner fan highlight video. He doesn't want to show the carnage Mahomes did to his defense and who could blame him

ThaVirus 05-01-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13542557)

Baker Mayfield
Bradley Chubb
Josh Jackson
Nick Chubb

He's saying they should have passed on Mayfield. Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade back into the 1st round and take Lamar Jackson.

JakeF 05-01-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13542567)
He's saying they should have passed on Mayfield. Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade back into the 1st round and take Lamar Jackson.

Thanks. For some reason, my brain flashed to Matt Barkley.

Derp

OKchiefs 05-01-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13542557)

Baker Mayfield
Bradley Chubb
Josh Jackson
Nick Chubb

Did you even read the post? Barkley at 1 and Chubb at 4 means only 1 quarterback (Jackson) in that scenario.

KChiefs1 05-01-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yc4R0hS-C-8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m going to watch it this weekend when I have time.

Eleazar 05-01-2018 10:00 PM

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/191...ger_medium.gif

Pitt Gorilla 05-01-2018 10:01 PM

Mayfield is throwing to wide-open guys while Mahomes' targets tend to have guys draped all over them.

carcosa 05-01-2018 10:09 PM

Mahomes will ****ing pwn his ass!!!

Willie Lanier 05-01-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13542746)
Mayfield is throwing to wide-open guys while Mahomes' targets tend to have guys draped all over them.

Yeah, and add to the argument Mahomes basically had that albatross of a defense that he had to carry...

At this point it's redundant

CoMoChief 05-02-2018 01:44 AM

2:29min mark where Mahomes launches a 52yd bomb off of his back foot with a DT right up his ass is a BEAUTIFUL pass. Dropped it right in the bread basket of his WR.

That would have been a 40yd duck >> interception had that been Alex Smith throwing the ball. And really the more I think about it, Smith is too conservative to even think about making that pass, probably holds onto the ball too long, gives up and takes the sack.

The major difference between Mahomes and Smith will be no more of the 4-5yd dump offs and passes into the flats on 3rd n long. Mahomes is competitive, comes from a pass happy scoring offense at TTU, the guy wants to put his arm to test and wants to score each time he goes out there. Alex Smith just wants to put the team in positions to win, and that's fine, in large part it worked. But there are those QB who elevate those around them. With Smith, it was the other way around.

Mahomes has the luxury of having some pretty darn good weapons across the board. Still pissed KC didn't draft Christian Kirk, would've made the perfect slot guy. But Hill/Watkins/Kelce/Hunt, and with Conley coming back, is def nothing to complain about. Hopefully if Conley gets back 100% healthy he can better contribute w/ Mahomes giving him the ball. But I also think the Chiefs overpaid for Watkins perhaps because they desperately needed a #2WR and maybe don't think Conley will be back to pre-inj form? Either way more weapons the better.

Nickhead 05-02-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13542837)
2:29min mark where Mahomes launches a 52yd bomb off of his back foot with a DT right up his ass is a BEAUTIFUL pass. Dropped it right in the bread basket of his WR.

That would have been a 40yd duck >> interception had that been Alex Smith throwing the ball. And really the more I think about it, Smith is too conservative to even think about making that pass, probably holds onto the ball too long, gives up and takes the sack.

The major difference between Mahomes and Smith will be no more of the 4-5yd dump offs and passes into the flats on 3rd n long. Mahomes is competitive, comes from a pass happy scoring offense at TTU, the guy wants to put his arm to test and wants to score each time he goes out there. Alex Smith just wants to put the team in positions to win, and that's fine, in large part it worked. But there are those QB who elevate those around them. With Smith, it was the other way around.

Mahomes has the luxury of having some pretty darn good weapons across the board. Still pissed KC didn't draft Christian Kirk, would've made the perfect slot guy. But Hill/Watkins/Kelce/Hunt, and with Conley coming back, is def nothing to complain about. Hopefully if Conley gets back 100% healthy he can better contribute w/ Mahomes giving him the ball. But I also think the Chiefs overpaid for Watkins perhaps because they desperately needed a #2WR and maybe don't think Conley will be back to pre-inj form? Either way more weapons the better.

who is this smith person you speak of? what position does he play? :D

Trivers 05-02-2018 04:52 AM

That was a great game to watch.

I remember, as a OU fan, that OU was a better team....BUT Mahomes kept TT in the game.

Never felt assured of the win until the clock read 00:00.

Nickhead 05-02-2018 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 13542847)

I remember, as a OU fan, that OU was a better team....BUT Mahomes kept TT in the game.

you are not wrong in this assessment as i watched this game for the first time recently. it was actually a quite boring game the first half. was thinking to myself that 'is this the game everyone kept talking about?' but man, the second half...

:thumb:

RealSNR 05-02-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Cleveland has chosen that strategy the past many years. Who knows, it may amount to some good now that they've added a team with some halfway decent pieces to work with like Miles Garrett, but as far as passing on all the QBs like they did last year, that was simply not in the cards for Dorsey.

Dunerdr 05-02-2018 06:22 AM

Mahomes is more talented but they're one in the same as far as sheer will to win goes. I'm a non OU fan in the sooner state, and as badly as I don't want to admit it mayfields a baller. He definately had more talent on the field around him in this game though.

TEX 05-02-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13542754)

Yep. Just like he did when they both were at Texas Tech.

Iczer 05-02-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 13542879)
Mahomes is more talented but they're one in the same as far as sheer will to win goes. I'm a non OU fan in the sooner state, and as badly as I don't want to admit it mayfields a baller. He definately had more talent on the field around him in this game though.

That's the thing that stuck out to me. All the times Mayfield had a clean pocket to throw to and shit Mixon had 263 rushing hards.

Then look at Mahomes, most of the time I saw his OL break down quickly. Plus Mahomes led his team in rushing too lol.

Mahomes single handily kept that game close, its crazy.

InChiefsHeaven 05-02-2018 09:40 AM

Jesus there was some awful defense in that game though...I mean like, "**** I hate this team if I were a fan" bad...

St. Patty's Fire 05-02-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13542754)

I totally egregious, popo

Luke Atamadong 05-02-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iczer (Post 13542886)
That's the thing that stuck out to me. All the times Mayfield had a clean pocket to throw to and shit Mixon had 263 rushing hards.

Then look at Mahomes, most of the time I saw his OL break down quickly. Plus Mahomes led his team in rushing too lol.

Mahomes single handily kept that game close, its crazy.

I can''t believe this guy is on OUR team. Still seems surreal.

vailpass 05-02-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

LMAO

staylor26 05-02-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13543132)
LMAO

I’d take Lamar Jackson over Case ****ing Keenum

Naptown Chief 05-02-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

I actually said something similar in the draft thread before the draft started. I'd like to have seen Cleveland trade #1 to the Pats(who did want Mayfield) for their 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Trade 4 to Buffalo for their two firsts and I think they had 2 seconds...

They'd have had 4 1st round picks, 7 second round picks, and what, 2-3 3rd round picks? They could have built damn near an entire roster in one off-season. Then again, I'm not a GM and I may have proposed the worst take all year.

CoMoChief 05-02-2018 11:08 AM

Still beating off to that 52yd bomb from the back foot.

Fish 05-02-2018 11:15 AM

Defense is lava...

iDeaL 05-02-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13543188)
Still beating off to that 52yd bomb from the back foot.

I have a feeling we will all be beating off a lot this season. In fact, on opening day, Arrowhead Stadium may morph into a giant circle jerk. :whackit::whackit::whackit:

saphojunkie 05-02-2018 11:37 AM

I am very happy Dorsey went with Mayfield. The Broncos will have an insane defender again, but as long as they don’t find their QB it means nothing. Mayfield might legit be the best guy in he draft.

I think it’s him or Rosen.

Buckweath 05-02-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13543222)
I am very happy Dorsey went with Mayfield. The Broncos will have an insane defender again, but as long as they don’t find their QB it means nothing. Mayfield might legit be the best guy in he draft.

I think it’s him or Rosen.

My thoughts exactly. I was just hoping they would not grab Darnold or Mayfield but them not grabbing any QB is great news. They will be irrelevant as long as they don't find a better QB.

RedRaider56 05-02-2018 01:13 PM

Every time Mahomes got the score close for TT the defense would lay an egg and OU would score. The backbreaker in the game was the score OU got right before halftime and got the ball again after the half, only to score again...:#

Mayfield really changed his game after his freshman year at Tech. He was nothing but a turnover machine that year. He never grew up off the field though.

Mahomes has a better arm & a better attitude. I think he'll be the better QB in the long run.

58-4ever 05-02-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13542487)
This is an OU highlight reel - they don't even show the TT scoring plays, only the good OU defensive plays. Gotta be a better video out there.

did you watch it? It showed several TT touchdowns.. :eek:

Coach 05-02-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 13542847)

Same here, and I'm a K-State fan. I never felt assured of the K-State win in 2017 until that clock hit 00:00, and TT had the ball on a onside kick recovery.

Coach 05-02-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13543194)
Defense is lava...

32 _efense

Shag 05-02-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13543688)
did you watch it? It showed several TT touchdowns.. :eek:

%(/

Quote:

AMDChief 05-02-2018 05:15 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tvx8ZHHfj4k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kiimo 05-02-2018 05:20 PM

1:54

Halfcan 05-02-2018 05:27 PM

Mahomes is taller, bigger, and does not have the baggage.

On February 25, 2017, Mayfield was arrested in Washington County, Arkansas on public intoxication and fleeing charges.[44] The charges included public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest. At 2:29 a.m. that Saturday, a police officer was flagged down on an assault and battery report. The person who flagged the officer was yelling at Mayfield. The preliminary police report described Mayfield as unable to walk straight, having slurred speech and food covering the front of his shirt. When he was asked to stay so the police could get a statement, Mayfield began shouting obscenities and "causing a scene". Mayfield was booked at 8:21 a.m. local time on the misdemeanor charges. He had a court date on April 7 for the public intoxication charge, he pleaded not guilty to all charges.[45] On June 15, 2017, the University of Oklahoma ordered Mayfield to undergo 35 hours of community service along with completing an alcohol education program.[46]

RippedmyFlesh 05-02-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13543798)

1st down

KChiefs1 05-02-2018 05:50 PM

Mahomes vs Mayfield

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13543798)

3:02

4:52

7:18

ToxSocks 05-02-2018 05:52 PM

Mahomes vs Mayfield may end up being an epic battle for years to come. Im looking forward to that Browns game assuming Mayfield is starting by then.

I think the NFL has seen an injection of young QB's over these past 2-3 seasons. They badly needed it as the old guard gets pushed out.

ToxSocks 05-02-2018 05:53 PM

Oh, and LMAO LMAO LMAO @ the Donks who are still hitching their wagon to Paxton Lynch.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13542485)
I almost wanted Denver to take Mayfield. I saw them as very similar players. Luckily the Donks have no QB on their staff to compete with our guy.

I ABSOLUTELY wanted that douchebag bust in Denver. AMAZING entertainment value for at least two seasons.

KChiefs1 05-03-2018 06:26 AM

https://youtu.be/aHLiPIWNvG8

T-post Tom 05-03-2018 06:35 AM

Did any DB coach still have a job after that game?

Dunerdr 05-03-2018 07:14 AM

I remember being upset when the donkos traded ahead of us for lynch. Not because I loved him but just because he was a qb.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2018 08:19 AM

It would be fun to watch a dual "air raid" attack at the NFL level... doubt it happens, but shootouts are fun.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...d-quarterbacks

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/25/1...nfl-transition

vailpass 05-03-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13544457)
It would be fun to watch a dual "air raid" attack at the NFL level... doubt it happens, but shootouts are fun.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...d-quarterbacks

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/25/1...nfl-transition

Air raid is for girls.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13544469)
Air raid is for girls.

Well, if you like watching pass happy offenses as I do... it's a fun offense to watch. It hasn't translated well at all. Foles did just win a SB, even if he was the backup and ran the team for a short while down the stretch, but they can add that to their fairly limited resume.

Maybe Denver can implement some of that with the weapons they have now... blending some of those nuances and schemes would be good for the NFL. It's a QB/Pass happy league.

vailpass 05-03-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13544481)
Well, if you like watching pass happy offenses as I do... it's a fun offense to watch. It hasn't translated well at all. Foles did just win a SB, even if he was the backup and ran the team for a short while down the stretch, but they can add that to their fairly limited resume.

Maybe Denver can implement some of that with the weapons they have now... blending some of those nuances and schemes would be good for the NFL. It's a QB/Pass happy league.

Good way to get your offensive skill players killed.
No thanks, I like pro set football. Even in college air raid is gimmicky, just not my thing.

DaNewGuy 05-03-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13544494)
Good way to get your offensive skill players killed.
No thanks, I like pro set football. Even in college air raid is gimmicky, just not my thing.

https://forums.jetnation.com/uploads...70531263a2.jpg I disagree

vailpass 05-03-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13544501)

Yeah it's a totally subjective thing. Some people like to watch that air raid thing, some like traditional football. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just my view. I used to really enjoy watching the wishbone offense.

King_Chief_Fan 05-03-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13544481)

So, your team is still searching for a QB?

Deberg_1990 08-14-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Wow. You should be a GM. That would have been amazing.

Can you imagine Saqaun Barkley and Lamaar Jackson on the same offense? Unstoppable

Deberg_1990 09-12-2021 03:56 PM

Going to be a fun rivalry for years

eDave 09-12-2021 03:57 PM

LMAO

Chief Roundup 09-12-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15827128)

You are so predictable with your shit stirring schtick it is ridiculous.

TLO 09-12-2021 03:58 PM

DeBerg...

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2021 04:04 PM

and the better leader today is who?

TLO 09-12-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Mahomes > Mayfield

Wisconsin_Chief 09-12-2021 06:06 PM

I'd probably take Mahomes if I had the choice.

TwistedChief 09-12-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

It's similar to the long-running debate between you and JakeF and Red Dawg and OKChiefs for worst poster on a message board of tens of thousands.

It's "fun."

Sassy Squatch 09-12-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15828657)
It's similar to the long-running debate between you and JakeF and Red Dawg and OKChiefs for worst poster on a message board of tens of thousands.

It's "fun."

Deberg is self aware. That disqualifies him, at least in my mind. He knows what he's doing And he's pretty ****ing good at it if the reactions he constantly gets are any indication.

JohnnyV13 09-12-2021 06:12 PM

Mayfield vs. Mahomes is sort of like comparing Elliot Page to Scarlett Johansson.

Rainbarrel 09-12-2021 06:14 PM

The 1 play possession to Tyreek for 75 yards. May have gotten into Mayfields' head on his INT.

eDave 09-12-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15828665)
Deberg is self aware. That disqualifies him, at least in my mind. He knows what he's doing And he's pretty ****ing good at it if the reactions he constantly gets are any indication.

I wonder if pete is in GD chat. Because, Jesus, he's a downer in there.

TwistedChief 09-12-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15828665)

Nah. I can't give him credit for that. He's too much of a caricature of himself. We all know he tries too hard. Literally all of us.

Sassy Squatch 09-12-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15828686)
Nah. I can't give him credit for that. He's too much of a caricature of himself. We all know he tries too hard. Literally all of us.

Mmm. There is something to that as well, I suppose. But worst poster on the board? Nah.

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2021 08:26 PM

Mayfield is really, really good, but he's nowhere NEAR Pat.

Can we just knock off all this stupid horse****?

Deberg_1990 10-07-2021 10:15 AM

Mayfield has a torn Labia

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> QB Baker Mayfield, who has been wearing a shoulder harness to play, suffered a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder on Sept 19 vs the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a>, sources say. No surgery needed as of now. He was listed on the report after the injury and hasn’t missed a practice snap.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1446106414653583362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 10:20 AM

Depending on what that means, it can be worse than a true tear.

My right shoulder is hamburger from baseball, dodgeball (yeah, that happened) and skiing accidents. Part of it is about 12 micro-tears throughout my labrum. Doctor has said he could do surgery on it but I'd end up with a billion little pieces being sewn back together and its unlikely to actually help much.

I pretty much just need to work really hard to warm it up before I throw and I still don't have the oomph behind it I used to.

Now if Baker just has a couple in there, he should be fine. They don't really progress from use, they're kinda one-off sorts of things that will get better with time provided they haven't sorta scarred over. But if he's developing any kind of chronic inflammation in there, it's not gonna go away and eventually it will impact his effectiveness even if he can manage the pain well.

EDIT: Oh wait - it's his non-throwing shoulder. Lord, who gives a shit? That shouldn't impact him much at all. Nut up, pussy. It's just a little discomfort.

RealSNR 10-07-2021 11:45 AM

My favorite football injury was back when Alex had a lacerated spleen.

It sounds like a joke injury. Like it’s a punchline in a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where Calvin is trying to get out of class, so he smears ketchup under his shirt and asks, “Miss Wormwood? May I be excused? I think I have a lacerated spleen.”

ptlyon 10-07-2021 11:47 AM

"I have an enlarged prostrate"

Hammock Parties 10-07-2021 11:54 AM

This debate is over.

rabblerouser 10-07-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15877717)
This debate is over.

there never truly was one.