ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Conley Vs Demarcus Robinson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315783)

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 07:18 AM

Chris Conley Vs Demarcus Robinson

These guys are likely to be battling it out for the third WR role in the team once the season starts. So the question is who are yall backing to win the spot? I heard Ryan Tracy and his buddy Chris blowing smoke up Conley's ass yesterday, saying it would be "ridiculous" if Robinson gets in ahead of him and I wondered why on earth would that be the case? Conley has been here for three years and has the grand total of ONE TD to his name!!...ONE.

Now granted, he may have been held back by Smith a little, but Is there anything in his game that he has that Robinson doesn't have? Imo Robinson is quicker, he's more elusive, gets separation better and has shown he can make tough catches all over the field whether it's underneath or over the top. Yet the way those guys were talking about Conley, you would have thought he was Randy Moss part two ROFL .

I just look at the last two games Robinson played against Denver and the Titans and I thought he was very decent indeed. His connection with Mahomes should also work In his favor too. If Conley proves me wrong and becomes an important cog in the offense then I'll gladly hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But I just don't see anything special about the guy at all. And with him having only one year left on his contract, Robinson would be the one worth investing in now I think.

WhawhaWhat 06-13-2018 07:25 AM

Nate Taylor, the Chiefs beat guy for the Athletic, was on Petro's show last week and he said that Robinson was getting a lot of reps with the starters during OTAs. Granted it's just OTAs and the media only gets to watch one practice a day but I thought it was interesting.

Lzen 06-13-2018 07:31 AM

I hope they battle and the best player wins. I don't have a favorite. If one outperforms the other in training camp then he deserves the spot over the other guy.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13591165)
Nate Taylor, the Chiefs beat guy for the Athletic, was on Petro's show last week and he said that Robinson was getting a lot of reps with the starters during OTAs. Granted it's just OTAs and the media only gets to watch one practice a day but I thought it was interesting.

Yep, I heard that too and Nate said, "and he's been catching everything and looks good", So it's gonna be very interesting to see what transpires through training camp and In the pre-season games. I'm betting that Demarcus wins the battle in the end because his potential is way higher than Conley's imo.

Buehler445 06-13-2018 07:40 AM

Conley was planting really well before the injury. Had a lot of tough catches on 3rd down. Appeared to have really solid hands. Unless the injury hampered it his top end speed should be far better than Robinson.

Robinson had a couple bad drops. His top end is pretty slow. But his quickness and agility is better and should have a higher probability of making significant improvements than Conley and I THINK has less injury history.

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 07:55 AM

Conley runs a 4.3 something to keep in mind

ChiefGator 06-13-2018 08:03 AM

Conley will be our #3 and Robinson our #4, I predict.

More importantly, did you know De'Anthony Thomas is still on the team? In fact, we resigned him three months ago ( albeit just for a one year contract ).

Buckweath 06-13-2018 08:25 AM

I prefer Robinson. I feel like Conley is limited. He has stiffness. He is decent but Robinson seems to have more potential.

O.city 06-13-2018 08:34 AM

Conley was never a fit for an Alex Smith led offense.

He should be now.

OKchiefs 06-13-2018 08:39 AM

Either way, it's a good problem to have. This is likely the deepest and best WR corps we've ever had. We've never had a 1 and 2 like Watkins and Hill. Instead of fighting over a starting spot, now guys like Conley, Robinson, Cjesson, Kemp, etc. are fighting for the backup spots. We're likely going to have to release some talented players due to our depth, and that's a good problem to have.

RunKC 06-13-2018 08:56 AM

Robinson sucked in Mahomes game but maybe that’s because he didn’t practice with Pat during the season and had to adjust to Pat’s arm velocity.

Robinson would be a good fit doing some of what Wilson did last year. Conley should be in on every red zone snap. High point the ball in the air and let him get it.

BlackOp 06-13-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13591256)
Conley was never a fit for an Alex Smith led offense.

He should be now.

Conley also has the NFL combine record for a 45" vertical....I dont remember Smith EVER exploiting this advantage. I cant fathom being able to jump almost 4 feet in air from a stand still...that's insane.

People forget what a physical freak he is...and is fast as shit.

Robinson is getting a lot of reps because Conely is working back from his injury....we haven't seen Mahomes play with him yet.

WR3 is going to get a lot of action in this offense...

Skyy God 06-13-2018 09:05 AM

No idea who wins.

But I’d bet the Chiefs would prefer Robinson, since Conley’s a FA next year.

KCrockaholic 06-13-2018 09:19 AM

I think they’re both fairly equal right now. I don’t really have a favorite to win the job, just want whoever it is to be productive.

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13591290)
No idea who wins.

But I’d bet the Chiefs would prefer Robinson, since Conley’s a FA next year.

That's how I see it, which is a shame that we nver got the most out of him

Fish 06-13-2018 09:19 AM

Conley had some insane Combine numbers. He's got the ability, he's just never shown any of it on the field.

I like Robinson a lot though. He's also pretty talented, and seems to have good focus. Looked to have a nice relationship with Mahomes last year too.

May the best man win...

O.city 06-13-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13591284)
Conley also has the NFL combine record for a 45" vertical....I dont remember Smith EVER exploiting this advantage. I cant fathom being able to jump almost 4 feet in air from a stand still...that's insane.

People forget what a physical freak he is...and is fast as shit.

Robinson is getting a lot of reps because Conely is working back from his injury....we haven't seen Mahomes play with him yet.

WR3 is going to get a lot of action in this offense...

Yeah, he's a super legit athlete.

But he's never really looked like he could use that as a WR.

ToxSocks 06-13-2018 09:21 AM

Conley looks more polished than Robinson. Nor do i recall Conley ever missing on as many catchable balls as Robinson did in that Denver game. Conley also tested insanely well at the combine, so it's not as if Robinson is this fantastic athlete and Conley isn't because their combine scores would say quite the opposite.

With that said, i'm rooting for them both. I'm sure they'll both see time on the field regardless. It's a whole new season and Conley has to work back from injury, and Robinson has had another season to develop. It'll be one of the more fun battles to watch in TC/PS.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591152)
These guys are likely to be battling it out for the third WR role in the team once the season starts. So the question is who are yall backing to win the spot? I heard Ryan Tracy and his buddy Chris blowing smoke up Conley's ass yesterday, saying it would be "ridiculous" if Robinson gets in ahead of him and I wondered why on earth would that be the case? Conley has been here for three years and has the grand total of ONE TD to his name!!...ONE.

Now granted, he may have been held back by Smith a little, but Is there anything in his game that he has that Robinson doesn't have? Imo Robinson is quicker, he's more elusive, gets separation better and has shown he can make tough catches all over the field whether it's underneath or over the top. Yet the way those guys were talking about Conley, you would have thought he was Randy Moss part two ROFL .

I just look at the last two games Robinson played against Denver and the Titans and I thought he was very decent indeed. His connection with Mahomes should also work In his favor too. If Conley proves me wrong and becomes an important cog in the offense then I'll gladly hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But I just don't see anything special about the guy at all. And with him having only one year left on his contract, Robinson would be the one worth investing in now I think.

The hell are you talking about?

Robinson dropped more passes in a few games than Conley has in his career. His catch rate was barely 50% last year when every other WR in KC was over 60%. The only guy with a catch rate worse ( and it's not that much worse) was demetrius Harris. Think about that.

Robinson has a knack for getting open, but I'm kinda surprised anyone expects him to beat out Conley. It doesn't matter how open you are if you don't catch the damn ball.

Conley is faster, quicker, jumps higher... athletically Conley wins in every area. It doesn't take 'Randy Moss' to beat out Robinson. I don't see anything from either guy we can't replace pretty easily.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591181)
Yep, I heard that too and Nate said, "and he's been catching everything and looks good", So it's gonna be very interesting to see what transpires through training camp and In the pre-season games. I'm betting that Demarcus wins the battle in the end because his potential is way higher than Conley's imo.

In what way does he have more potential?

You say athletically, but that's not even close. Conley is objectively bigger, faster, jumps higher, ect.

I'm not particularly high on either guy... but Robinson had his chance last season and essentially shit the bed with his barely 50% catch rate (compared to Conley's 68%), multiple drops in few attempts, ect. Put it this way.

Conley needed 16 passes thrown his way to get 175 yards on 11 catches

Robinson had 39 passes thrown his way for 212 yards on 21 catches... 10.1 YPC.

I don't see where you're getting this. The eye test says Conley is a better athlete (as well as the combine) and he's more productive.

What do you like about Robinson?

ToxSocks 06-13-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591331)

You say athletically, but that's not even close. Conley is objectively bigger, faster, jumps higher, ect.

I'm not particularly high on either guy... but Robinson had his chance last season and essentially shit the bed with his barely 50% catch rate (compared to Conley's 68%), multiple drops in few attempts, ect. Put it this way.

I don't see where you're getting this. The eye test says Conley is a better athlete (as well as the combine) and he's more productive.

The hype for Robinson started last OTA's right before Maclin was cut. Then he made those huge splash plays in preseason against the Titans, and had another good game against the Titans in the playoffs. The nephew of a former NFL WR, Robinson has always had talent, and he's flashed, so it's easy to understand why fans may expect a break out season from him.

But i agree, he's not the athlete that Conley is and doesn't have the hands or production that Conley does. But one guy is returning from a season ending injury and the other is building on his first season with any significant playing time. So it will in fact be a camp battle.

RunKC 06-13-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13591302)
Yeah, he's a super legit athlete.

But he's never really looked like he could use that as a WR.

We never throw these types of jump balls to him. He really excels at doing this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRpn4dKtt5w

Mahomes will be making these throws.

lcarus 06-13-2018 09:55 AM

Assuming he's ok after his injury, Conley should be a lot better than Robinson.

Red Dawg 06-13-2018 10:12 AM

Conley's only problem besides injury was Smith. He hates WRs.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591312)
The hell are you talking about?

Robinson dropped more passes in a few games than Conley has in his career. His catch rate was barely 50% last year when every other WR in KC was over 60%. The only guy with a catch rate worse ( and it's not that much worse) was demetrius Harris. Think about that.

Robinson has a knack for getting open, but I'm kinda surprised anyone expects him to beat out Conley. It doesn't matter how open you are if you don't catch the damn ball.

Conley is faster, quicker, jumps higher... athletically Conley wins in every area. It doesn't take 'Randy Moss' to beat out Robinson. I don't see anything from either guy we can't replace pretty easily.

Is that you Ryan or Chris? ROFL First of all some of the so-called "catches" Robinson dropped against Denver were damn near impossible to catch. Mahomes either threw it too strongly or overthrew him on more than one occasion. The fact Is Robinson beat his man several times and Pat just wasn't on target on those occasions, which is why I don't put the blame on Demarcus. Secondly, there is no way Conley is more elusive or faster over a short distance than Robinson is, that's just bullcrap. Imo Conley is just a guy who can catch the odd ball here and there and maybe keep a drive going. Robinson on the other hand, has a great ability to beat his man and get separation, plus he can make tough catches all across the field.

Robinson showed against the Titans that he can handle the big stage, Conley has just been average ever since he turned up at Arrowhead.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591331)

I can show you evidence actually. HERE is where the drive started against the Titans when he got his TD. I caught four balls in that drive on the left, middle and right-hand side of the field. And all of them he got separation with the last catch coming after he dodged a jam and juked another defender.

And In THIS preseason game against the Titans he made three big catches too.

Now, show me evidence that Conley has this sort of elusiveness, separation and catching skills in his arsenal!!!..I'd love to see it.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13591338)
The hype for Robinson started last OTA's right before Maclin was cut. Then he made those huge splash plays in preseason against the Titans, and had another good game against the Titans in the playoffs. The nephew of a former NFL WR, Robinson has always had talent, and he's flashed, so it's easy to understand why fans may expect a break out season from him.

But i agree, he's not the athlete that Conley is and doesn't have the hands or production that Conley does. But one guy is returning from a season ending injury and the other is building on his first season with any significant playing time. So it will in fact be a camp battle.

Being a good "athlete" is only one part of the game though. Demarcus is more elusive, gets separation much better and has made catches that are simply incredible. Robinson has the potential to be a game changer imo. I've seen no evidence that Conley is anything other than a possession guy.

TLO 06-13-2018 10:33 AM

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but they provide good depth at WR.

rtmike 06-13-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13591219)

More importantly, did you know De'Anthony Thomas is still on the team? In fact, we resigned him three months ago ( albeit just for a one year contract ).

He actually took less to stay in KC. I thought I remember reading a couple teams were after him.

ToxSocks 06-13-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591385)
Being a good "athlete" is only one part of the game though. Demarcus is more elusive, gets separation much better and has made catches that are simply incredible. Robinson has the potential to be a game changer imo. I've seen no evidence that Conley is anything other than a possession guy.

Robinson's spectacular catches were the product of even more spectacular Mahomes throws. Quite frankly we haven't really even seen Conley given the opportunity to make catches like that.

As far as separation goes, that's highly debateable. It's already been pointed out to you; Conley has been more productive on half as many targets. That alone should make you question what you THINK you're seeing.

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13591418)
Robinson's spectacular catches were the product of even more spectacular Mahomes throws. Quite frankly we haven't really even seen Conley given the opportunity to make catches like that.

As far as separation goes, that's highly debateable. It's already been pointed out to you; Conley has been more productive on half as many targets. That alone should make you question what you THINK you're seeing.

Robinson runs a 4.59
6'1

Conley runs a 4.34
6'3

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591376)
Is that you Ryan or Chris? ROFL First of all some of the so-called "catches" Robinson dropped against Denver were damn near impossible to catch. Mahomes either threw it too strongly or overthrew him on more than one occasion. The fact Is Robinson beat his man several times and Pat just wasn't on target on those occasions, which is why I don't put the blame on Demarcus. Secondly, there is no way Conley is more elusive or faster over a short distance than Robinson is, that's just bullcrap. Imo Conley is just a guy who can catch the odd ball here and there and maybe keep a drive going. Robinson on the other hand, has a great ability to beat his man and get separation, plus he can make tough catches all across the field.

Robinson showed against the Titans that he can handle the big stage, Conley has just been average ever since he turned up at Arrowhead.

Okay, so this is just you fanboing over Robinson.

Got it. Just ignore everything I said. You're committed to exalting another average/below average WR.

It's not worth it to me to even discuss it. Our season hinges on neither.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591382)
I can show you evidence actually. HERE is where the drive started against the Titans when he got his TD. I caught four balls in that drive on the left, middle and right-hand side of the field. And all of them he got separation with the last catch coming after he dodged a jam and juked another defender.

Now, show me evidence that Conley has this sort of elusiveness, separation and catching skills in his arsenal!!!..I'd love to see it.

:hmmm: Is that you Demarcus?

notorious 06-13-2018 11:07 AM

Conley is the better athlete, but my eyes tell me that Robinson is the more natural football player.

This is a good problem to have.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-13-2018 11:07 AM

has there ever been a more overrated CP favorite than Chris Conley? I remember his rookie year where people were predicting him to get 600-800 yards.

Best22 06-13-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591439)

Got it. Just ignore everything I said. You're committed to exalting another average/below average WR.

They're both average

I think Robinson has a higher ceiling

keg in kc 06-13-2018 11:12 AM

Robinson's just a guy. If it's not Conley, it needs to be someone else.

ToxSocks 06-13-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591442)
:hmmm: Is that you Demarcus?

AH-HA!

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13591418)

Well the stats aren't the only thing that's important though. I mean, I saw Alex miss Robinson several times after he got separation and I saw Mahomes overthrow him four times against Denver, so it's hardly his fault, is it? Conley was also much more involved in the system, so of course, his stats should be better. The fact remains though that he only has one TD to his name after three seasons and that simply sucks.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591439)

Yep, I knew you'd run a mile when video evidence was presented!!..Where's that "athleticism" you've been raving about? ROFL

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13591446)
Conley is the better athlete, but my eyes tell me that Robinson is the more natural football player.

This is a good problem to have.

BINGO!!!..but some folks seem to think we're talking about track and field here so football skills don't matter :D .

Halfcan 06-13-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591382)

:hmmm: Interesting slip of the tongue there.

Buckweath 06-13-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13591454)
They're both average

I think Robinson has a higher ceiling

Best answer.

Neither will be special but Robinson look more of a football player and natural than Conley.

Robinson is also two years younger so he possibly has more room to develop. He came into this league young.

smithandrew051 06-13-2018 12:19 PM

I gotta say it’s nice that these guys are competing to be our 3/4 WR...instead of 1/2 like we’re used to.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591487)
BINGO!!!..but some folks seem to think we're talking about track and field here so football skills don't matter :D .

You said Robinson was more athletic. People are just pointing out you are wrong.

My primary argument was production and efficiency... which you countered by cherry picking a few plays.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13591520)
Best answer.

Neither will be special but Robinson look more of a football player and natural than Conley.

Robinson is also two years younger so he possibly has more room to develop. He came into this league young.

Robinson gets open better than Conley.

I was very high on him last year for that reason. He's natural at getting separation and finding space, but he was terribly ineffective when he got in the lineup and dropped far too many easy passes. Too many drops. Bad catch rate. Low YPC. Just totally unimpressive.

Though, in his defense... Alex missed him more than a few times when he was WIDE open for potential big plays. They were not on the same page.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591481)
Yep, I knew you'd run a mile when video evidence was presented!!..Where's that "athleticism" you've been raving about? ROFL

Cherry picking plays isn't an argument.

Conley is bigger, runs faster, and jumps higher.

Those are facts that are objectively true. That in itself doesn't make him better, it just makes you wrong about Robinson being more athletic.

If you said he was more instinctive and natural when separating or finding space against zone, I would have agreed. Instead you intimated he was just a better athlete. HE's not.

Conley is one of the better athletes playing WR in the league. He's OBVIOUSLY not one of the best players at the position. One thing doesn't equate the other.

Best22 06-13-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591563)

Those are facts that are objectively true. That in itself doesn't make him better, it just makes you wrong about Robinson being more athletic.

If you said he was more instinctive and natural when separating or finding space against zone, I would have agreed. Instead you intimated he was just a better athlete. HE's not.

Conley is one of the better athletes playing WR in the league. He's OBVIOUSLY not one of the best players at the position. One thing doesn't equate the other.

Robinson is quicker.

Also, when was the last time Chris Conley made you say, "Wow."

Buckweath 06-13-2018 12:46 PM

I will say this about Robinson's drops.

Harris is a guy we know doesn't have good hands as we have always seen him drop balls.

Robinson did have his share of drop balls last year but I am not sure if it was just a string of "bad plays" for him or if he really doesn't have good hands, especially that some of Mahomes' throws were really not perfect.

I am pretty sure he didn't have problems catching the ball in college so I feel like we need to see more.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13591587)
I will say this about Robinson's drops.

Harris is a guy we know doesn't have good hands as we have always seen him drop balls.

Robinson did have his share of drop balls last year but I am not sure if it was just a string of "bad plays" for him or if he really doesn't have good hands, especially that some of Mahomes' throws were really not perfect.

I am pretty sure he didn't have problems catching the ball in college so I feel like we need to see more.

You guys realize Robinson started 7 games right? Conley got hurt, and he was less productive than Conley. That happened.

He had 21 catches on 39 attempts for 212 yards. Only 30% of his catches were first downs. He wasn't impressive AT ALL.

Again, I thought highly of him last year. I thought he'd steal Conley's job out from under him. He didn't impress at all though.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13591586)
Robinson is quicker.

Conley doesn't wow me.

Robinson doesn't either.

What do you think is being discussed here?

I'm not championing either guy. I'm just pointing out two simple facts. 1. Conley is more athletic 2. Conley was more effective when he started last year.

Which people are resisting for whatever stupid reason.

This is who we're talking about:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2017/

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...lCh00/gamelog/

I'm not too concerned which guy gets us 30 yards a game.

Buckweath 06-13-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591617)
You guys realize Robinson started 7 games right? Conley got hurt, and he was less productive than Conley. That happened.

He had 21 catches on 39 attempts for 212 yards. Only 30% of his catches were first downs. He wasn't impressive AT ALL.

Again, I thought highly of him last year. I thought he'd steal Conley's job out from under him. He didn't impress at all though.

I don't care. I need to see him with Mahomes. Robinson has had some good plays too.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591556)
You said Robinson was more athletic. People are just pointing out you are wrong.

My primary argument was production and efficiency... which you countered by cherry picking a few plays.

No I didn't, I said he was more elusive and quicker over short distances. Which happens to be the exact sort of skills needed to play the slot.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591627)
No I didn't, I said he was more elusive and quicker over short distances. Which happens to be the exact sort of skills needed to play the slot.

Hmmm, I gotta own that.

You're right. Their combine times back it up with the 3 cone and shuttle drills. He's got better COD skills.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591563)

Again, I DID NOT SAY HE WAS A BETTER "ATHLETE", so please stop trying to put words In my mouth. Also, Conley has played many more games than Robinson and yet you can't find any evidence to back up your claims? :hmmm:

I also disagree that Robinson dropped "easy" catches. HERE are highlights from that game and let's go through the catches.

@22 seconds The first was catchable I agree

@35 seconds the throw was too strong imo so I don't blame Robinson

@5:25 he caught a tough catch down low

@5:57 there's no way he could have caught that ball as it flew past him

@6:22 again Robinson makes a good catch as he rose up high

@6:34 Robinson beats his man and Pat overthrew the ball

@6:52 he catches the ball

@7:08 Pat throws the back shoulder too quickly and a little low, so again I don't think Robinson is fully to blame here

@8:22 was the catch of the game and brilliant by both Pat and Robinson

So imo the notion that he "dropped a bunch of easy catches" is total BS. He's human, so of course drops are gonna happen, but to suggest it's some sort of habit in his game would be wildly inaccurate. In fact, from the evidence I've seen he has a tendency to make outstanding catches actually.

Mike in SW-MO 06-13-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13591586)
Robinson is quicker.

Conley had some amazing catches on sideline throws. Evidence of really strong hands. Most of them seemed to be on busted/extended plays when everyone was is scramble mode.

Very clutch when you HAVE to have the catch.

notorious 06-13-2018 04:13 PM

I am still ****ing pissed at Houston for kicking 11billion onsides when they were clearly blown out.

**** them. The Watson injury should be just the beginning of the karma.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591651)
Again, I DID NOT SAY HE WAS A BETTER "ATHLETE", so please stop trying to put words In my mouth. Also, Conley has played many more games than Robinson and yet you can't find any evidence to back up your claims? :hmmm:

I also disagree that Robinson dropped "easy" catches. HERE are highlights from that game and let's go through the catches.

@22 seconds The first was catchable I agree

@35 seconds the throw was too strong imo so I don't blame Robinson

@5:25 he caught a tough catch down low

@5:57 there's no way he could have caught that ball as it flew past him

@6:22 again Robinson makes a good catch as he rose up high

@6:34 Robinson beats his man and Pat overthrew the ball

@6:52 he catches the ball

@7:08 Pat throws the back shoulder too quickly and a little low, so again I don't think Robinson is fully to blame here

@8:22 was the catch of the game and brilliant by both Pat and Robinson

So imo the notion that he "dropped a bunch of easy catches" is total BS. He's human, so of course drops are gonna happen, but to suggest it's some sort of habit in his game would be wildly inaccurate. In fact, from the evidence I've seen he has a tendency to make outstanding catches actually.

reerun, I don't CARE that much to scour the youtube and pick out plays for a player that will get 25 or 30 yards a game. This argument is very important to you. I understand. I don't care.

Also, he started 7 games. I don't give a shit how he played in meaningless season finale against a bunch of back ups. Geezus. He'll give us 30 yards a game. Conley will give us 30 yards a game. Who really gives a shit?

UChieffyBugger 06-14-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591942)
reerun, I don't CARE that much to scour the youtube and pick out plays for a player that will get 25 or 30 yards a game. This argument is very important to you. I understand. I don't care.

Also, he started 7 games. I don't give a shit how he played in meaningless season finale against a bunch of back ups. Geezus. He'll give us 30 yards a game. Conley will give us 30 yards a game. Who really gives a shit?

Lol now I'm a "reerun" for providing EVIDENCE with my argument whilst also shutting down the LIES you tried to spread in the debate? Boy bye!!...you ain't nothing but a lightweight ROFL

You can't even show me one drive where Conley done anything above average, so as far as I'm concerned that's case closed :D .

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13592277)
Lol now I'm a "reerun" for providing EVIDENCE with my argument whilst also shutting down the LIES you tried to spread in the debate? Boy bye!!...you ain't nothing but a lightweight ROFL

You can't even show me one drive where Conley done anything above average, so as far as I'm concerned that's case closed :D .

Jesus christ, it's like dealing with children.

Congratulations. You won a 'debate' that you were invested in and i wasn't. I showed indisputable statistics which you NEVER ADDRESSED, and you cherry picked plays from a worthless game and then claimed victory because I wouldn't drop my life, scan the internet, and time stamp Chris ****ing Conley plays. Awesome. Robinson may one day be a slot WR who can get 400 yards in a single season! So can Conley. Nobody gives a shit.

I don't care. You're a reerun. Either guy can get us the 30 yards per game we need. Nobody cares except you. I'm not much into arguing about he value of scrubs and JAGS. Take your victory lap. I don't care.

Nice 'win'. Your lifetime superbowl. Your family is proud. So am I.

UChieffyBugger 06-14-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13592289)
Yeah. I don't care. You win.

You want a ****in' trophy? We're talking about guys who will get 20-30 yards a game. Who ****ing cares?

I think you're underestimating the impact that the 3rd wr could have in this offense. There will be games where the opposition will be so focused on stopping Watkins, Kelce, Hill and Hunt that the slot wr is gonna have miles of space to work in. So this is why this battle between Robinson and Conley is so important imo. Because if either one excells in thier role, defenses will simply have nowhere to go. It's just that simple.

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13592290)
I think you're underestimating the impact that the 3rd wr could have in this offense. There will be games where the opposition will be so focused on stopping Watkins, Kelce, Hill and Hunt that the slot wr is gonna have miles of space to work in. So this is why this battle between Robinson and Conley is so important imo. Because if either one excells in thier role, defenses will simply have nowhere to go. It's just that simple.

Thanks Demarcus's mom.

I get it.

He'll break 400 yards if he's lucky, and I'd bet you right now that he won't beat out conley.

And you can then complain about how it cost us a super bowl, because Robinson is a difference maker.

Robinson is not the difference maker you want him to be.

UChieffyBugger 06-14-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13592292)
Thanks Demarcus's mom.

I get it.

He'll break 400 yards if he's lucky, and I'd bet you right now that he won't beat out conley.

And you can then complain about how it cost us a super bowl, because Robinson is a difference maker.

LOL no you don't, you're still waving your pom-poms for Conley and have no visual evidence to back up your claims :D .

gonefishin53 06-14-2018 06:47 AM

A big, fast target like Conley can utilize Mahomes' arm talent to make space for Watkins, Hill, and Kelce. Robinson needs the field stretching talent of others to find space to receive the ball. Conley's presence makes Mahomes and the Chief's offense more difficult to defend, imo.

oldman 06-14-2018 07:27 AM

Neither one has made me sit back and say "Wow".

Otter 06-14-2018 07:33 AM

Pat seems to gel better with Robinson despite Conley looking better on paper. Hopefully its a tight competition and the coaches have the task of figuring out which catches the rock more efficiently in a given situation.

oldman 06-14-2018 07:40 AM

Mahomes didn't have much of a chance to work with Conley before he went down. The other thing to consider is there may be other options. We have 10 WRs now and only Watkins and Hill are locks.

Chiefnj2 06-14-2018 07:44 AM

Conley hasn't seemed to play as fast as his measurements in the NFL.

I don't think it matters who the 4th/5th WRs are. Those guys are rarely going to get touches, especially in a Reid offense.

OKchiefs 06-14-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13592292)
Thanks Demarcus's mom.

I get it.

No need to be a jackass. You don't know how his development will go. Did Robinson pleasure your wife/girlfriend with his anaconda?

MahiMike 06-14-2018 08:37 AM

My $ is on Robinson.

MahiMike 06-14-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13592377)

That preseason game where Robinson had 200 yds and 2 TDS didn't impress you?

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13592335)
LOL no you don't, you're still waving your pom-poms for Conley and have no visual evidence to back up your claims :D .

Correct.

There is no video in existence of Conley catching passes in NFL games.

You're very smart.

The problem is not my unwillingness to search for them, it's that they don't exist at all.

Meanwhile show me more clips of Robinson beating up on 5th string CB's. Clearly he's the next Jerry Rice.

BleedingRed 06-14-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13592391)
Conley hasn't seemed to play as fast as his measurements in the NFL.

I don't think it matters who the 4th/5th WRs are. Those guys are rarely going to get touches, especially in a Reid offense.

Well this is wrong, but I understand it tho considering Reid has never had this much talent at WR (Qaulity)

But when the Eagles had Vick slinging it you had the following:
-McCoy
-Maclin
-Jackson
-Celek
-Avent (He did catch alot)

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13592426)
No need to be a jackass. You don't know how his development will go. Did Robinson pleasure your wife/girlfriend with his anaconda?

ROFL Jesus christ you guys are ****ing idiots.

Why don't you polish Robinson's Canton bust after you're done polishing his knob?

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13592377)

That means you love Conley and hate Robinson.

Follow the thread. You're MUST care about this and you MUST think Robinson is a future star and that Conley is a piece of shit.

Because there are clips of Robinson catching passes, but none of Conley. Didn't you read?

O.city 06-14-2018 10:03 AM

If you're 4/5 guy is getting a lot of touches, you're 1-3 must suck.

Conley/Robinson would be the 5th option in this offense as constructed. They need the ball in Kelce and Watkins and Tyreek's hands as much as possible

BlackOp 06-14-2018 10:13 AM

I'm trying to think back to a single time Smith threw a contested ball in his 5 years here...WR3 really wasn't a regular go to option with him.

Robinson/Mahomes connection may be a bit misleading as he made Wilson look like an all-pro. I dont think he's actually played much with Conely in a game.

Preseason/camp will sort this out...I'd go with the 4.3, 6'3" with a 45 vertical with the way Mahomes plays.

scho63 06-14-2018 10:19 AM

I would like to see a great rotation of our #3,#4 and #5 receivers so you never know what you are going to get. Keep the defense on their toes.

UChieffyBugger 06-14-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13592565)
Correct.

There is no video in existence of Conley catching passes in NFL games.

You're very smart.

The problem is not my unwillingness to search for them, it's that they don't exist at all.

Meanwhile show me more clips of Robinson beating up on 5th string CB's. Clearly he's the next Jerry Rice.

But you're hyping up the man whilst belittling Robinson, so If I can find some clips that PROVE what I'm saying is true, surely you can put down your sex doll for a second and provide just a smidgen of proof that backs up your flawed notion? ROFL .

WhiteWhale 06-14-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13592625)
But you're hyping up the man whilst belittling Robinson, so If I can find some clips that PROVE what I'm saying is true, surely you can put down your sex doll for a second and provide just a smidgen of proof that backs up your flawed notion? ROFL .

I didn't hype him at all.

I said he's a 30 yard per game WR and isn't that important.

Saying someone is marginally better than Demarcus Robinson is a far cry from 'hyping someone up'. Christ

You idiot. You keep claiming victory because you're entirely too stupid to realize nobody is competing with you. Learn how to communicate like an adult and spend less time on the internet you incel dork. I mean shit dude, how badly do you need a win in life?