ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Ford to lay off 24,000. Temporary stop of production at Claycomo, MO plant near KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318517)

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 11:23 AM

Ford to lay off 24,000. Temporary stop of production at Claycomo, MO plant near KC

Ford is having a bad year in 2018. Its stock is down 29%, and the tariffs imposed by President Trump have reportedly cost the company $1 billion, as the company is in the midst of a reorganization. Now, the company is announcing layoffs.

Jim Hackett, Ford’s CEO, is working to engineer a $25.5 billion restructuring of the automaker, hoping to cut costs and remain competitive, the Wall Street Journal reports. But auto sales are down, and one reason is the trade tariffs that Trump has imposed on metals and other goods. According to Bloomberg, Hackett has said they have already cost the company $1 billion in profit and could do “more damage” if the disputes aren’t resolved quickly.

Ford, the No. 2 U.S. automaker by sales, is making aggressive job cuts as part of that reorganization, NBC News reported. While the company hasn’t said how many jobs will be lost, a report from Morgan Stanley estimates “a global headcount reduction of approximately 12 percent,” or 24,000 of Ford’s 202,000 workers worldwide.”

While reports have indicated that the job cuts are likely to come early next year, The Kansas City Star reported Tuesday that Ford has temporarily halted production of transit vans in Claycomo, Mo. The move is intended to prevent a build-up in Ford’s inventories of the vans, but it will leave 2,000 workers idle between Oct. 22 and Nov. 4.

Despite news of the layoffs, Ford’s stock closed down 3.4% Tuesday.

At a time when automakers are scrambling to prepare for self-driving cars, Ford is also struggling to keep pace with the rest of the industry. September was a bad month for U.S. auto sales—with aggregate sales down 7%—but Ford’s drop off was even more severe. Ford said its sales of its vehicles declined 11.2% last month, with sales of its best-selling F-Series pickup trucks down 9%.

baitism 10-29-2018 11:26 AM

U.S. carmakers are notoriously bad at marketing. I really try to by American products, but cars are never that appealing to me. I have owned one U.S. made car, and that was a Jeep.

oldman 10-29-2018 11:27 AM

I drove by the old Woodlands last week and I thought I saw a bunch of those Transit vans parked there. Does anyone know if that's the case?

Dayze 10-29-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13853231)
I drove by the old Woodlands last week and I thought I saw a bunch of those Transit vans parked there. Does anyone know if that's the case?

that's just where all the kidnappers congregate.

alpha_omega 10-29-2018 11:29 AM

At best....misleading thread title.

oldman 10-29-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13853240)
that's just where all the kidnappers congregate.

Nuk, nuk, nuk ROFL

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 13853242)
At best....misleading thread title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13853215)
Ford is having a bad year in 2018. Its stock is down 29%, and the tariffs imposed by President Trump have reportedly cost the company $1 billion, as the company is in the midst of a reorganization. Now, the company is announcing layoffs.

Jim Hackett, Ford’s CEO, is working to engineer a $25.5 billion restructuring of the automaker, hoping to cut costs and remain competitive, the Wall Street Journal reports. But auto sales are down, and one reason is the trade tariffs that Trump has imposed on metals and other goods. According to Bloomberg, Hackett has said they have already cost the company $1 billion in profit and could do “more damage” if the disputes aren’t resolved quickly.

Ford, the No. 2 U.S. automaker by sales, is making aggressive job cuts as part of that reorganization, NBC News reported. While the company hasn’t said how many jobs will be lost, a report from Morgan Stanley estimates “a global headcount reduction of approximately 12 percent,” or 24,000 of Ford’s 202,000 workers worldwide.”

While reports have indicated that the job cuts are likely to come early next year, The Kansas City Star reported Tuesday that Ford has temporarily halted production of transit vans in Claycomo, Mo. The move is intended to prevent a build-up in Ford’s inventories of the vans, but it will leave 2,000 workers idle between Oct. 22 and Nov. 4.

At a time when automakers are scrambling to prepare for self-driving cars, Ford is also struggling to keep pace with the rest of the industry. September was a bad month for U.S. auto sales—with aggregate sales down 7%—but Ford’s drop off was even more severe. Ford said its sales of its vehicles declined 11.2% last month, with sales of its best-selling F-Series pickup trucks down 9%.

How do you figure?

carcosa 10-29-2018 11:31 AM

thank u daddy turmp

R Clark 10-29-2018 11:31 AM

Damn best seller is the f series truck they be screwed , as that's the biggest pile shit truck going. I'd drive a dodge before a ford

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 11:31 AM

Work at the plant. That Transit layoff has been in the books for a long time. Nothing to do with the salary side job cuts.

htismaqe 10-29-2018 11:34 AM

The bulk of the 202K layoffs worldwide are management employees. Middle managers and other white collar jobs. Not factory workers.

ToxSocks 10-29-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13853230)
U.S. carmakers are notoriously bad at marketing. I really try to by American products, but cars are never that appealing to me. I have owned one U.S. made car, and that was a Jeep.

That's a YOU problem. Their marketing is fine. The cars are as good as they've ever been.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-29-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13853250)
How do you figure?

Well, it kind of implies Claycomo is going to be shuttered. Probably ought to say "to temporarily stop"

gblowfish 10-29-2018 11:37 AM

Off to the DC in 3.......2.......1....

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13853282)
Off to the DC in 3.......2.......1....

Shouldn't be moved.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 11:42 AM

Give you an idea of how bloated management is.

Line Foreman->Assistant General Foreman->General Foreman->Assistant Truck Chassis Manager->Truck Chassis Manager->Assistant Plant Manager->Plant Manager

We aren't even in the offices yet.

Dayze 10-29-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13853306)

Line Foreman->Assistant General Foreman->General Foreman->Assistant Truck Chassis Manager->Truck Chassis Manager->Assistant Plant Manager->Plant Manager

that must explain the reason trucks cost nearly $50k or more.

Baby Lee 10-29-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13853275)
That's a YOU problem. Their marketing is fine. The cars are as good as they've ever been.

Isn't Ford on schedule to phase out all passenger vehicles in American markets?

I think the Mustang is the lone exception at present.

Just trucks, vans, SUVs and commercial vehicles from here on out.

ptlyon 10-29-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13853321)

That is what I heard, which shocked me.

This was inevitable if it were true.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Some version of the Focus was going to stick around as well.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-29-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Mustang and Focus Active, though the latter was supposed to import from China, and may have been cancelled (thanks Donald)

htismaqe 10-29-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13853331)
That is what I heard, which shocked me.

This was inevitable if it were true.

All of the US automakers are struggling with it.

Asian sedans rule their segment. For the US makers, people want SUV's.

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13853317)
that must explain the reason trucks cost nearly $50k or more.

Crew cab 4x4 are 70k

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Yes

rabblerouser 10-29-2018 11:55 AM

Wow...terrible news.

srvy 10-29-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13853231)

Wouldnt surprise me the old Metro North Mall parking lot is full of them.

wazu 10-29-2018 12:00 PM

Oh shit.

rabblerouser 10-29-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 13853256)
Damn best seller is the f series truck they be screwed , as that's the biggest pile shit truck going. I'd drive a dodge before a ford

AMEN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13853255)
thank u daddy turmp

I'd say that logic dicates the real culprit would be the Ford company, who steadfastly and constantly manufactured overpriced, yet inferior automobiles...

Flying High D 10-29-2018 12:04 PM

In ‘05 F250 Diesel crewcab cost $40,000 the equivalent to that truck today is $93,000. ‘05 has 300k on it. Daily driven and hauls a 35’ 5th wheeler all over America.

htismaqe 10-29-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13853397)
I'd say that logic dicates the real culprit would be the Ford company, who steadfastly and constantly manufactured overpriced, yet inferior automobiles...

I don't think I'd go that far.

I went from a Saturn Outlook to a GMC Acadia (basically the same SUV with a different logo) and then to a Toyota Highlander before finally buying a Ford Explorer.

The Explorer is by far the nicest of the 4 and it was also the lowest in price. The Toyota was actually the most expensive and had so many defects and warranty issues that we ended up dumping it after 14 months.

Prison Bitch 10-29-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13853215)

I remember the good old days when Democrats would just assume corporate execs were less than forthright folks. And didn't automatically trust their take on events, esp ones leading to layoffs.

Dayze 10-29-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13853360)
Crew cab 4x4 are 70k

a few years back I thought I'd like a truck; until I saw 7 year old trucks with 150k+ or more for $24k+. I just figured new ones were crazy priced. I've seen on some commercials an "as shown" for $60k in the fine print.

that is incredible to me.
unless I needed a truck for work....i'd rather just drop $30k on a nice used Corvette.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-29-2018 12:41 PM

Damn, I knew Dee laid the hammer down good Sunday...

BigBeauford 10-29-2018 12:42 PM

If Ford ever decides to do me right for the POS Ford Focus with the crappy transmission they sold me, I might consider them for the next purchase. Otherwise, my next car is a Tesla, or from Honda, who actually has the most "American" lineup you can buy (love our 18' Odyssey).

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13853534)
If Ford ever decides to do me right for the POS Ford Focus with the crappy transmission they sold me, I might consider them for the next purchase. Otherwise, my next car is a Tesla, or from Honda, who actually has the most "American" lineup you can buy (love our 18' Odyssey).

They had a settlement on those.

HemiEd 10-29-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13853306)

:eek: wow, holy crap, that is almost like our Government.

BigBeauford 10-29-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13853546)
They had a settlement on those.

Looks like I missed out on my $275 for being in the shop 4 times under 70k miles). Once that 100k mile point passes, its only a matter of time before most Focuses will be too expensive to drive due to that transmission.

Marcellus 10-29-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Crew cab 4x4 are 70k

No, no they aren't unless you are getting every ****ing option on the planet.

But lets not act like $50K isn't a lot for a truck.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13853590)
Looks like I missed out on my $275 for being in the shop 4 times under 70k miles). Once that 100k mile point passes, its only a matter of time before most Focuses will be too expensive to drive due to that transmission.

There was more to it than that, but might be too late on yours. Mine was totaled in a wreck so got "lucky", I guess, but one of my work buddies forced a buyback in arbitration.

scho63 10-29-2018 01:18 PM

Ford's cars SUCK, they look like they are stuck in the 60's. They have nothing that excites me as a car buyer.

If it wasn't for their truck division they would be the KMART/Sears of the Auto industry.

Old stagnant management......

alpha_omega 10-29-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13853250)
How do you figure?

My answer to that question would be best answered in DC.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13853642)
Ford's cars SUCK, they look like they are stuck in the 60's. They have nothing that excites me as a car buyer.

If it wasn't for their truck division they would be the KMART/Sears of the Auto industry.

Old stagnant management......

They haven't given a shit about their cars in years. Trucks bring them insane profit margins. It's not too far off from 10k per.

HemiEd 10-29-2018 01:27 PM

So, it sounds like a market shift similar to the recent Harley-Davidson move.

Ford was the public darling a decade ago for not taking a Government handout, even though billions were funneled through the electric car division.

I have never been a Ford fan, but I suspect they will be just fine once they make the needed changes.

We just returned from a 2600+ mile trip to Virginia Beach and I was shocked at the number of SUVs on the road. It is dramatic. There must be a hundred options and I think Buick must offer a dozen. :eek:

Valiant 10-29-2018 01:34 PM

I would blame their ugly car lineup followed up by getting rid of everything but the mustang. This is not just them, Chevy is ugly as **** too. Only decent American cars seem to be dodge.

Other than that, Honda, Kia and Hyundai are killing are great reasonably price cars that look decent.

And vehicles especially competitors are lasting much longer. They need to at the costs to get new.

Graystoke 10-29-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13853525)
a few years back I thought I'd like a truck; until I saw 7 year old trucks with 150k+ or more for $24k+. I just figured new ones were crazy priced. I've seen on some commercials an "as shown" for $60k in the fine print.

unless I needed a truck for work....i'd rather just drop $30k on a nice used Corvette.

Shit man. Tell me about Truck prices.
I lost my 2006 Toyota Tacoma and just bought an 2018 Toyota.
Hard to believe I owe more on a truck then on my house

Valiant 10-29-2018 01:40 PM

And bring back the ****ing small truck.

Also, if they want to get more money and stay profitable. Maybe not sell the gt so cheap. If you sell for 275k and it is flipped for 1.5mill maybe you should raise it to 750k at least?

2nd money idea. Limited release trucks and cars. Say a 1000 a year. This year would be a 1950 truck with updated tech inside it. Next year a 53car.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13853735)

Also, if they want to get more money and stay profitable. Maybe not sell the gt so cheap. If you sell for 275k and it is flipped for 1.5mill maybe you should raise it to 750k at least?

2nd money idea. Limited release trucks and cars. Say a 1000 a year. This year would be a 1950 truck with updated tech inside it. Next year a 53car.

They're bringing the Ranger and Bronco back relatively soon.

penguinz 10-29-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13853740)

Bronco will have solid axels so should be a very good offroad capable vehicle.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

How much would it cost to reconfigure an assembly line to produce something in such limited quantity? That seems like an incredibly expensive and risky proposition.

Valiant 10-29-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13853740)

Ranger is mid sized like the colorado. I believe the bronco will also be off the same platform.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13853766)
Ranger is mid sized like the colorado. I believe the bronco will also be off the same platform.

Ah, you meant F100 and old Ranger size

htismaqe 10-29-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13853765)
How much would it cost to reconfigure an assembly line to produce something in such limited quantity? That seems like an incredibly expensive and risky proposition.

Yeah, it makes pretty much no sense from a financial standpoint.

Chief Roundup 10-29-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13853592)
No, no they aren't unless you are getting every ****ing option on the planet.

But lets not act like $50K isn't a lot for a truck.

Right now on a lot in Little Rock at Crain Auto Group there is four 2019 crew cab 4x4 with every option and it is 119k.

Valiant 10-29-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Well considering they have tons of lines not being used nationwide they just need to pick one. All of these trucks would also have a premium cost and high profit margin.

You could rise it to 2500 and probably still sell out, might need to have a few more options at this amount.

Most of the designs are already out there for conversions.

1COOLDOG 10-29-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13853724)
Shit man. Tell me about Truck prices.
I lost my 2006 Toyota Tacoma and just bought an 2018 Toyota.
Hard to believe I owe more on a truck then on my house

If you're thinking you got it bad, try living in a van down by the river! :D

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

We can't build Raptors here because the frames are 4 inches wider than standard on either side.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13853788)
Well considering they have tons of lines not being used nationwide they just need to pick one. All of these trucks would also have a premium cost and high profit margin.

You could rise it to 2500 and probably still sell out, might need to have a few more options at this amount.

Most of the designs are already out there for conversions.

Who makes the trucks in that scenario? Temps?

MahiMike 10-29-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Crew cab 4x4 are 70k

Incredible. I can get 2 Mercedes for that.

Hoover 10-29-2018 03:14 PM

Everyone and their brother has bought a new Ford Pickup in the last five years. Now the Dodge and Chevy are starting to cut into their market share because their shit no longer looks dated. Plus, its not like everyone can keep buying 70k vehicles year in and year out.

Bugeater 10-29-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13853525)

Yes, the used truck market is insane. Part of the problem is no one buys normal trucks anymore. They're all ginormous crew cab behemoths loaded down with every feature you can think of. When I was in the market a couple years ago I wanted a full-size regular cab/short bed 4x4. You know, something that would fit in my garage. I may as well have been looking for a ****ing unicorn.

And then to find something rust free is a challenge, I don't know what it is about trucks but you're hard pressed to find anything more than 10 years old that isn't rusting all to hell. Meanwhile, my 2002 Grand Cherokee doesn't have a speck of visible rust and neither did the 2005 Toyota Solara that we just recently sold.

I ended up paying way too much for a 2011 Dakota because I wanted something rust free, thing was immaculate with no sign of any rust but within 6 months...here comes the rust bubbles above the rear wheel lips.

HemiEd 10-29-2018 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13854013)
Yes, the used truck market is insane. Part of the problem is no one buys normal trucks anymore. They're all ginormous crew cab behemoths loaded down with every feature you can think of. When I was in the market a couple years ago I wanted a full-size regular cab/short bed 4x4. You know, something that would fit in my garage. I may as well have been looking for a ****ing unicorn.

And then to find something rust free is a challenge, I don't know what it is about trucks but you're hard pressed to find anything more than 10 years old that isn't rusting all to hell. Meanwhile, my 2002 Grand Cherokee doesn't have a speck of visible rust and neither did the 2005 Toyota Solara that we just recently sold.

I ended up paying way too much for a 2011 Dakota because I wanted something rust free, thing was immaculate with no sign of any rust but within 6 months...here comes the rust bubbles above the rear wheel lips.

:D Kind of sad it is all the way up to 70k after 15 years.

JakeF 10-29-2018 04:31 PM

Winning
Maga

srvy 10-29-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Isnt Ford bringing back the Ranger.

srvy 10-29-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13853766)

So you want Chevy Luv size. Thats a worthless size in a truck. Kinda like a small soft drink at sonic 2 pulls and its gone.

Eleazar 10-29-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13853271)
The bulk of the 202K layoffs worldwide are management employees. Middle managers and other white collar jobs. Not factory workers.

None of this says anyone in KC is being laid off. Just that they are idling the line at Claycomo so unsold inventory of the vans doesn’t build up. Seems like they do that every now and again.

But Ford did make the conscious decision to focus on trucks, vans, and SUVs. May not prove to be a real sound business strategy

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13854110)
None of this says anyone in KC is being laid off. Just that they are idling the line at Claycomo so unsold inventory of the vans doesn’t build up. Seems like they do that every now and again.

But Ford did make the conscious decision to focus on trucks, vans, and SUVs. May not prove to be a real sound business strategy

It's effectively a 2 week layoff. Nothing unexpected. Truck side usually does their idling/layoffs around the 4th of July and Christmas.

srvy 10-29-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

I live very close to that plant and have neighbors and friends that work there. This is just part of working at a auto assembly plant and they still get payed during the layoff.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13854120)
I live very close to that plant and have neighbors and friends that work there. This is just part of working at a auto assembly plant and they still get payed during the layoff.

Yep. Unless you're living paycheck to paycheck layoffs are ****ing awesome. 85% pay to do **** all.

Rasputin 10-29-2018 05:13 PM

Nutthooks this has nothing to do with Dee Ford blasting Kase Keenum

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13854140)
Yep. Unless you're living paycheck to paycheck layoffs are ****ing awesome. 85% pay to do **** all.

What's the most interesting thing you do at your job?

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13854172)
What's the most interesting thing you do at your job?

Put 8 nuts on and shoot 4 bolts. 600+ times a day. 4 or 5 days a week. In other words, ****ing nothing.

Sassy Squatch 10-29-2018 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was pretty hilarious. Machine that picks the frame up just said **** it and dropped half of it.

htismaqe 10-29-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Agree with the 1st part.

As for the 2nd part, it's not so much a good or bad decision as it is a necessity. People don't want cars, they want SUVs. In the event they do want a car, they mostly want a Camry.

Bugeater 10-29-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13854075)
:D Kind of sad it is all the way up to 70k after 15 years.

YES YOU ARE THE SOB WHO BOUGHT THE LAST ONE! :cuss:

I would have already done my damndest to talk you out of that thing if it wasn't black.

Bugeater 10-29-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13854273)
Agree with the 1st part.

As for the 2nd part, it's not so much a good or bad decision as it is a necessity. People don't want cars, they want SUVs. In the event they do want a car, they mostly want a Camry.

My wife just bought a Mazda CX-5. Her previous vehicles:

2005 Solara (2 door Camry)
2004 Camry
1998 Camry
1993 Accord
1988 Camry

So yeah, that's accurate.

lewdog 10-29-2018 08:54 PM

Ford is putting heavy development into automatic driving.

I think they see where things are heading and are doing the right thing by killing the sedans they make as well. Ford isn't going anywhere but they are evolving.

Bugeater 10-29-2018 09:11 PM

I don't understand how self driving cars fit into the equation...we'll still need the cars.

And personally, I don't see the self driving thing happening anytime soon. Are people really willing to pay what it will cost for such a feature? I'm not, cars are too damn expensive as it is.

htismaqe 10-29-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13855024)
I don't understand how self driving cars fit into the equation...we'll still need the cars.

And personally, I don't see the self driving thing happening anytime soon. Are people really willing to pay what it will cost for such a feature? I'm not, cars are too damn expensive as it is.

They've got multiple lines of business, particularly internationally, that are bloated with multiple layers of middle management.

The largest portion of the global layoffs are white collar jobs that are being eliminated simply because the organization is too complex and inefficient.

As Ford shifts focus solely to SUV's, trucks, and driving automation, the entire organization from the office to the factory floor can be streamlined.

Bugeater 10-29-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13855033)
They've got multiple lines of business, particularly internationally, that are bloated with multiple layers of middle management.

The largest portion of the global layoffs are white collar jobs that are being eliminated simply because the organization is too complex and inefficient.

As Ford shifts focus solely to SUV's, trucks, and driving automation, the entire organization from the office to the factory floor can be streamlined.

So they're just looking at developing the self driving tech, not necessarily the vehicles to apply it to?

Valiant 10-29-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13854097)
So you want Chevy Luv size. Thats a worthless size in a truck. Kinda like a small soft drink at sonic 2 pulls and its gone.

The old rangers and s10s would do great with being able haul light stuff and have 4wd capability plus mpg. Not everyone needs huge trucks.

Hopefully honda makes one since no one else is making what people want.