ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Potential top 3 pick Ed Oliver tries to fight HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318906)

staylor26 11-16-2018 09:01 AM

Potential top 3 pick Ed Oliver tries to fight HC

https://mobile.twitter.com/thEMANach...%3Ft%3D2678244

Somebody embed please I’m on my phone

O.city 11-16-2018 09:12 AM

It was dumb by apple white too.

Hopefully this will cause him to drop to pick 32 :)

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-16-2018 09:17 AM

There's no way I draft him in the first two rounds... maybe take a flyer in the 4th or 5th. This shows blatant disregard for team rules and lack of respect to the coaching staff. You may get a good year or two before the true colors come out, but they will come out. Sound familiar?

mcaj22 11-16-2018 09:24 AM

Just heard Clarks helicopter land in Arrowhead drive to take Oliver off the draft board and hes now hopping right back on back to Texas.

FloridaMan88 11-16-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13894866)
There's no way I draft him in the first two rounds... maybe take a flyer in the 4th or 5th. This shows blatant disregard for team rules and lack of respect to the coaching staff. You may get a good year or two before the true colors come out, but they will come out. Sound familiar?

So every troubled player coming out of college now automatically defaults to Marcus Peters?

JFC :rolleyes:

Don Corlemahomes 11-16-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Yeah. If we could get three great years and flip him for a second and a fourth, I would do it.

Red Dawg 11-16-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13894881)
So every troubled player coming out of college now automatically defaults to Marcus Peters?

Yes

RippedmyFlesh 11-16-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Big red flag. Guys who like to maybe party a little too hard can be handled but this guy has a personality flaw. We are a football team not a psych practice let someone else fix him.

Eleazar 11-16-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13894881)

Some are Marcus Peters, some are Tyreke Hill.

Eleazar 11-16-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13894879)
Just heard Clarks helicopter land in Arrowhead drive to take Oliver off the draft board and hes now hopping right back on back to Texas.

ROFL

Marcellus 11-16-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13894897)
Some are Marcus Peters, some are Tyreke Hill.

Which is the exact reason you don't draft them in the top half of the 1st round, too much risk.

RippedmyFlesh 11-16-2018 09:42 AM

I wish a shut down corner tests positive for weed and drops to us.

O.city 11-16-2018 09:42 AM

This is how you get blue chip talent late in the draft

If he’s there at the chiefs pick late in the first you’re god damn right I’d take him

SAUTO 11-16-2018 09:50 AM

he thought he was being singled out because applewhite thinks he should be playing.

he was probably right...

BryanBusby 11-16-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Hey, what's up Scott Pioli?

allen_kcCard 11-16-2018 09:52 AM

WTH.....coach didn't want him to wear a coat?

Eleazar 11-16-2018 09:55 AM

Sounds to me like the coaching staff feels he has shut it down for the draft, and since he's basically quit the team, he shouldn't be wearing the colors.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-16-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 13894934)
WTH.....coach didn't want him to wear a coat?

Team rules that were quite clear. They have limited coats for those actually playing.

BryanBusby 11-16-2018 09:59 AM

Sounds like the UofH should spend less on coaches salaries and more on ****ing coats

Why Not? 11-16-2018 09:59 AM

Oliver's in the wrong for not following the rules but how does a D1 school not have coats for all of it's players? Weird rule.

Why Not? 11-16-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13894950)
Sounds like the UofH should spend less on coaches salaries and more on ****ing coats

Lol. Beat me to it. This

The Franchise 11-16-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894917)

If he’s there at the chiefs pick late in the first you’re god damn right I’d take him

If that happened....then no one could say the Chiefs are cursed anymore.

Mecca 11-16-2018 10:43 AM

Ed Oliver is likely the highest profile recruit that program will ever get and now we see this....Major Applewhite is kind of a bozo anyway so good job helping your look to high end guys.

Even if Oliver has shut it down for the draft, at that program you have to grin and bear it and hope that it rewards fruit in future classes of guys going this top 10 pick went here.

That whole situation is just stupid anyway, it's coat.

wazu 11-16-2018 10:48 AM

Anybody recruiting against Houston should have video ready of Applewhite pulling a coat off an injured/inactive player ready to fire up at all times. What a douchebag.

Iconic 11-16-2018 11:11 AM

Lol I'd totally draft him in the first if he manages to fall. The reason is so mind blowingly stupid I almost can't blame Ed for acting that way. Major is just being a petty bitch.

Mecca 11-16-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13895067)
Lol I'd totally draft him in the first if he manages to fall. The reason is so mind blowingly stupid I almost can't blame Ed for acting that way. Major is just being a petty bitch.

That's who he is if you listen to Chris Simms talk about it.

SAUTO 11-16-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13894947)
Team rules that were quite clear. They have limited coats for those actually playing.

you have a link to that?

RippedmyFlesh 11-16-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13894944)
Sounds to me like the coaching staff feels he has shut it down for the draft, and since he's basically quit the team, he shouldn't be wearing the colors.

Not him but just in general that is a problem that is going to get worse. I have no idea how to solve that.

wazu 11-16-2018 11:34 AM

Also want to point out that shouting at someone is not the same as “trying to fight” them.

staylor26 11-16-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894917)

If he’s there at the chiefs pick late in the first [B-]you’re god damn right[/B] I’d take him

I read this in Walter White’s voice LMAO

RealSNR 11-16-2018 09:26 PM

Can we all agree that if your last name is Applewhite, your parents are framing you to be an epic douche if your first name is Major?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

No, because most coaches shouldn't be big enough ****ing douchebags to think that things like coats only belong to players that can help them win that game.

Oliver should have whipped his ass.

Flying High D 11-16-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13895093)
you have a link to that?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...jor-applewhite

Applewhite said the team has a rule regarding the jackets. He doesn't want players wearing them much -- regardless of whether they are playing -- and he wanted to treat Oliver equally. He said Oliver became "emotional" after Applewhite asked him to remove the jacket.

"We just have a rule on the sideline that guys who are participating in the games and specifically starters, that they have jackets so they can stay [warm]," Applewhite said. "As a coach who has coached and played for years, you don't want a thousand guys in jackets when it's only 50 degrees outside. You want guys to stand up, be off the bench, be tough, and some guys had them early on. I asked them to take them off ... and Ed had one, so I asked him to take it off because I don't want to be unfair and unequal to the other guys, and you know, he got emotional. But he's young. And that's what happens. And he's not playing, and that's hard and that's difficult. I don't hold anything against anyone."

Buehler445 11-17-2018 05:18 AM

LOL what a ****fest

Reerun_KC 11-17-2018 06:46 AM

Quote:

Are they handing out the flyers? How does on get one?

stevieray 11-17-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13895927)
Oliver should have whipped his ass.

:rolleyes:

HemiEd 11-17-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13895929)

Applewhite said the team has a rule regarding the jackets. He doesn't want players wearing them much -- regardless of whether they are playing -- and he wanted to treat Oliver equally. He said Oliver became "emotional" after Applewhite asked him to remove the jacket.

"We just have a rule on the sideline that guys who are participating in the games and specifically starters, that they have jackets so they can stay [warm]," Applewhite said. "As a coach who has coached and played for years, you don't want a thousand guys in jackets when it's only 50 degrees outside. You want guys to stand up, be off the bench, be tough, and some guys had them early on. I asked them to take them off ... and Ed had one, so I asked him to take it off because I don't want to be unfair and unequal to the other guys, and you know, he got emotional. But he's young. And that's what happens. And he's not playing, and that's hard and that's difficult. I don't hold anything against anyone."

So it isn't really as big of a deal as some want to make it. :rolleyes:

SAUTO 11-17-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

i heard everything he said, that doesnt mean it was true before that game...

how many of those other players had a camera trained on them while the HC pulled their coats off?

vailpass 11-17-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13896290)
i heard everything he said, that doesnt mean it was true before that game...

how many of those other players had a camera trained on them while the HC pulled their coats off?

Doesn’t matter. Coach tells you to do something you do it right away within a word.

BryanBusby 11-17-2018 12:03 PM

I guess, but you can be certain it's not going to help him on the recruiting trail.

Flying High D 11-17-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13896398)
Doesn’t matter. Coach tells you to do something you do it right away within a word.

Especially in the showers at Penn State.

Pitt Gorilla 11-17-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13894947)

Link to the rules, or are you talking out of your ass again?

-King- 11-17-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

That's the dumbest shit I've read in some time ROFL So not wearing a jacket = you being tough?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 11-17-2018 09:12 PM

If he's there when we pick, draft him and promise him an ocean of coats for the sideline, and make it clear he can wear them whenever he damned well chooses.

Fish 11-17-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13896913)
Especially in the showers at Penn State.

LMAO.....

Bowser 11-17-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13897151)
That's the dumbest shit I've read in some time ROFL So not wearing a jacket = you being tough?
Posted via Mobile Device

Straight out of the Mike Ditka handbook for coaching.

Demonpenz 11-17-2018 10:47 PM

So it is going to take hyperthermia and a kid dying to stop trying to "Toughen" kids up.

Titty Meat 11-18-2018 01:57 AM

Red Flags all over. He should fall to 32 and let Reid coach him

Flying High D 11-18-2018 06:31 AM

Applewhite should of spanked him and taught him some manners.

Don Corlemahomes 11-18-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13897412)
Applewhite should of spanked him and taught him some manners.

Your take is about as quality as your grammar.

Don Corlemahomes 11-18-2018 07:28 AM

A coach making millions of dollars got mad at his star player for wearing a winter jacket and everyone is siding with the damn coach.

Minor Pearblack can **** off.

BWillie 11-18-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist (Post 13897427)
A coach making millions of dollars got mad at his star player for wearing a winter jacket and everyone is siding with the damn coach.

Minor Pearblack can **** off.

Its not about a ****ing coat. Its another trend of high profile guys quitting on their team. If you dont want to be with the team - just quit and go train on your own. Its clear Applewhite believes he could easily be playing & is just choosing not to.

Skyy God 11-18-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13897829)
Its not about a ****ing coat. Its another trend of high profile guys quitting on their team. If you dont want to be with the team - just quit and go train on your own. Its clear Applewhite believes he could easily be playing & is just choosing not to.

https://youtu.be/4XEq6XYtMVU

Don Corlemahomes 11-18-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13897829)

That's not but major buttwipe said.

Quote:

We just have a rule on the sideline that guys who are participating in the games and specifically starters, that they have jackets so they can stay [warm]," Applewhite said. "As a coach who has coached and played for years, you don't want a thousand guys in jackets when it's only 50 degrees outside. You want guys to stand up, be off the bench, be tough, and some guys had them early on. I asked them to take them off ... and Ed had one, so I asked him to take it off because I don't want to be unfair and unequal to the other guys, and you know, he got emotional. But he's young. And that's what happens. And he's not playing, and that's hard and that's difficult. I don't hold anything against anyone.

Valiant 11-18-2018 01:23 PM

Looks like a dumb and archaic rule. If someone is cold and especially not playing let them have a coat on.

As for Oliver, might as well start prepping for the draft.

kccrow 11-18-2018 06:50 PM

Applewhite sounds like a ****ing idiot. If my All-Star player wants to keep warm, which is good given I wouldn't want him straining something, then he's going to get to stay warm. Has nothing to do with how tough I think he is. There's nothing tough about freezing then going out there and shredding a muscle, that's just ****ing stupid.

SAUTO 11-18-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13899616)
Applewhite sounds like a ****ing idiot. If my All-Star player wants to keep warm, which is good given I wouldn't want him straining something, then he's going to get to stay warm. Has nothing to do with how tough I think he is. There's nothing tough about freezing then going out there and shredding a muscle, that's just ****ing stupid.

Hard to shred a muscle when he’s not playing

Mecca 11-18-2018 08:33 PM

That coat thing literally sounds like the same type of macho bullshit that causes dudes to die of heatstroke.

TEX 11-18-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13899616)

Oliver was inactive. The temp was between 50 and 55 degrees. I was at the game and was wearing a hoody and it was petfectly fine. Major asked Oliver several times not to wear the long coat and told him he could wear any other coat, just not the long full length one reserved for active players. Other players were wondering why Oliver was "allowed" to wear the coat. Oliver was being defiant. Oliver has missed the past 4 games - he has been medically cleared to play in 3 of them. He is choosing not to. He has already said he will come out this year for the NFL draft. He has quit on his team. Major Applewhite was not being unreasonable with his request - he was not gonna be shown up by a player and Oliver was openly mocking him the whole time. However, I think Major did cross the line when he tried to remove the coat from Oliver on the sidelines. He is an adult and should have addressed it in private. Oliver is a player who feels that he is above the rules because he is a 5 star recruit. Just a regrettable incident. Its a bad look for all involved and for UH.

Mecca 11-18-2018 08:37 PM

It is still a really stupid rule..it's a coat, you are literally having a problem due to a coat.

It's also a nice way to have other recruits not want to go there.

Flying High D 11-18-2018 09:30 PM

What is so hard to understand? Rules don’t apply.

TEX 11-18-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13899864)
It is still a really stupid rule..it's a coat, you are literally having a problem due to a coat.

It's also a nice way to have other recruits not want to go there.

Im a UH Alumnus and agree that its a stupid rule. But the problem is not due to a coat. The problem is due to the fact that many UH players have a problem with Ed Oliver and so does Major Applewhite. Players are fed up with the way he has been given, and expects preferential treatment. They also feel that Oliver walked out on them when they needed him the most. UH was ranked 17th in the nation 3 weeks ago, Oliver was cleared to play but decides he's not gonna, only he does it last minute every week. UH then proceeds to lose back to back games, mostly due to his absense on defense. He's too much of a coward to be up front and say that he is not going to play another down for UH for fear of injury, and instead becomes a distraction and irritant to teammates and coaches, hoping to cause a situation so he's not made out to be the bad guy. Everyone knows what's really going on and Applewhite finally had enough of Oliver's antics and took the bait. It was the wrong move with when and where he did it though.

Flying High D 11-18-2018 11:24 PM

He doesn’t seem nice.

Kiimo 11-18-2018 11:28 PM

Bad looks for both. Ed Oliver just cost himself millions. Major Applewhite just cost himself recruits. Stupid and petty meets stupid and entitled.

TEX 11-18-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13900119)
Bad looks for both. Ed Oliver just cost himself millions. Major Applewhite just cost himself recruits. Stupid and petty meets stupid and entitled.

Well said. That's exactly the case.