ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319394)

Sassy Squatch 12-07-2018 05:42 PM

A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career

Most of this is stuff that's been beaten to death, but there's some pretty incriminating shit about the police and the hotel.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...old-night-town

THE ONLY PERSON Cleveland Police would decide to arrest or detain that night was Derek Szeto, a Boston-area man who was staying at the hotel while in town for a business conference. Szeto, 29, told Outside the Lines he was returning to the hotel by an Uber around 3 a.m. when Ottinger ran up to him outside the hotel "crying hysterically." She told him a front desk clerk would not let her call 911 to report that she had been assaulted. Szeto offered his phone and agreed to sit with Ottinger until police arrived.

"That's how I got involved, specifically because the hotel would not let her use the phone," Szeto told Outside the Lines. "I could see she had cuts on her. She told me the guy at the front desk told her, 'That's what you get for being a slut,' which I just found outrageous."

In an incident report he filed with The 9's security office on Feb. 10, Szeto addressed his interaction with the hotel's loss prevention officer, Tyler Krajcik.

"Tyler, the security guard on staff, seemed callous and insensitive at first. I felt like we were being blamed for the situation," Szeto wrote in the report. "However, he returned five minutes later and said, 'I just looked at the security footage and, wow, are you OK?' to Abby."

Szeto said he started to have concerns the hotel wasn't on Ottinger's side and began shooting video on his phone as he waited for police. "The hotel was acting weird, and I wanted video evidence of this for my safety," he said. When police arrive, he tells them he's taping, and they indicate they are fine with it.

But Krajcik is later seen in footage asking officers to confiscate Szeto's phone and delete images he had captured. An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car. He was cited for disorderly conduct intoxication, although Szeto says he was not drunk and did nothing but stand up for Ottinger. He wanted to fight the citation but decided against a trip back to Ohio and just paid it. Police took his phone briefly, but Szeto says they did not delete the video.

"The way that the hotel handled this, and the way that the police indulged them, is really distressing and frustrating," Szeto told Outside the Lines. "I do feel the hotel specifically, and the police, should be called out for their actions."

O.city 12-07-2018 05:44 PM

This shit is weird

FloridaMan88 12-07-2018 05:46 PM

The bystander, Derek Szeto who got arrested for recording with this cell phone should sue the Cleveland Police Department.

Seems like a bullshit situation.

chinaski 12-07-2018 06:20 PM

Just loosely reading most of these articles, here is what I think happened...

Kareem and his friend(s) were at a bar and they met the inebriated girl. They ended up coming back to Kareem's pad, and they find out the girl is underage. Most likely prior to them finding out that she is underage, the girl was shooting video on her phone. "Hey look! Hanging out with an NFL star etc.."

Once they find out the girl is underage, they take her phone...Most likely to eliminate evidence that they are with an underage girl. Once they do that, she flips her shit and the physical altercation occurs.

Can't blame a young man for hormones, but it certainly shows his maturity level isn't fully developed. That said, I did a lot of stupid shit in my youth, but I never physically went after a girl in anger.

Sad situation all around...

Buehler445 12-07-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13941907)
This shit is weird

Beyond weird. I get that he was a local hero and all that but I still have trouble believing it all

Discuss Thrower 12-07-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13941903)
An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car

Surprise surprise.

:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch 12-07-2018 06:54 PM

Who says he's done here?

Prediction: he's in a Chief uniform next year Werk 1.

ToxSocks 12-07-2018 06:56 PM

You know when you break up with a chick and you wanna move on but everyone wants to keep talking about her? Yeah, we're in that stage.

Bump 12-07-2018 06:58 PM

I find it kind of hard to believe that the hotel clerk said "that's what you get for being a slut"

It seems like he has more to lose for saying that than to gain. Like his job. Is that what she said or did the clerk admit to it?

srvy 12-07-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13942049)
Who says he's done here?

Prediction: he's in a Chief uniform next year Werk 1.

CHunt said he hoped his career would not end and he plays again after getting needed help. Then he went on to say he will never play for the Chiefs again.

So I think thats pretty final.

Prison Bitch 12-07-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13942066)
CHunt said he hoped his career would not end and he plays again after getting needed help. Then he went on to say he will never play for the Chiefs again.

So I think thats pretty final.

That's a fair point. If Andy wants it I bet Clarkie will cave

Rain Man 12-07-2018 07:11 PM

We at least get some pretty certain confirmation that she knew the Kareem was an NFL player and knew what to say about him to the police for maximum impact, and we know that she was ejected from the party and got "dramatic" about it. That says a lot.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-07-2018 07:26 PM

If he gets help and improves, and no other team will give him a chance, then Andy and Clark better do it themselves. Just my opinion.

stevieray 12-07-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13942099)
If he gets help and improves, and no other team will give him a chance, then Andy and Clark better do it themselves. Just my opinion.

:clap:

I totally agree and honestly...hope it happens.

Red Dawg 12-07-2018 07:30 PM

He lied to them over and over again. He's done in KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88 12-07-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13942099)

What “help” does Kareem Hunt need to get, Compulsive Liars Anonymous?

Reerun_KC 12-07-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13942105)
He lied to them over and over again. He's done in KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

The hunts have lied to KC fans for decades. Andy has lied to the KC fans for 5 years. And yes have plenty of examples.

So this lying stuff is bullshit.

TinyEvel 12-08-2018 12:30 AM

Kareem Lied. Peoples' cel phone batteries died.

Demonpenz 12-08-2018 01:38 AM

#black Lies matter

Flying High D 12-08-2018 01:44 AM

#beating liars matter

Imon Yourside 12-08-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13942553)
#black Lies matter

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.1503...,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

FAX 12-08-2018 02:09 AM

Man ... the Cleveland PD is looking almost as bad as the hotel staff and the NFL in this deal.

FAX

JD10367 12-08-2018 04:06 AM

Athletes need to be smart enough to learn the credo, “Nothing good happens after midnight”. Stay out of the clubs, the bars, the cars, the groups of thugs. You’re protecting your body and your reputation—worth millions. Stay home. Snort coke, **** a hooker, whatever... just do it in private.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-08-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13942127)
The hunts have lied to KC fans for decades. Andy has lied to the KC fans for 5 years. And yes have plenty of examples.

Berry being Day to day is one of the biggest lies

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13942075)
That's a fair point. If Andy wants it I bet Clarkie will cave

Can't say for sure about Hunt, but any other player/coach/item?

Oh yes, there will be caving. HEAPS of caving.

scho63 12-08-2018 06:45 AM

How many other times in the past 10 years has incidents like this from other athletes and celebrities been covered up?

I know it's harder these days but I bet it's a lot more than we would like to know.

Marcellus 12-08-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13942127)

Please do tell.

chiefzilla1501 12-08-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13941992)
Beyond weird. I get that he was a local hero and all that but I still have trouble believing it all

I'd bet the NFL has shady security arrangements everywhere where lots of stuff gets swept under the rug.

chinaski 12-08-2018 09:10 AM

Makes you appreciate players like Patrick even more. Stable girlfriend, house and a dog. He's staying out of trouble. Hell, even Tyreek. He stays home and live streams Fortnite or posts video of him and his family at Dave and Busters. :clap:

DrunkBassGuitar 12-08-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13942059)
I find it kind of hard to believe that the hotel clerk said "that's what you get for being a slut"

It seems like he has more to lose for saying that than to gain. Like his job. Is that what she said or did the clerk admit to it?

I thought the same thing, however she did say it both to that dude and to the cop. Also Hunt lives at the hotel.

I'm skeptical but I'm less skeptical than I was I guess.

Flying High D 12-08-2018 10:01 AM

^ Happened at the front desk, should be video with audio of that. TMZ ain’t about shit if they can’t get that.

cabletech94 12-08-2018 02:42 PM

wait, hunt lives at the hotel?
i hadn't read that. this actually makes sense. probably had a lot of more situations at this place. with a lot more sluts/whores/hookers/tramps/other types of deals.

#bringbackkhunt. #dontlietoyourbossever.

T-post Tom 12-08-2018 05:13 PM

Continuing to look bad for the hotel and Cleveland PD. Hope justice is served.

Rain Man 12-08-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13942790)
^ Happened at the front desk, should be video with audio of that. TMZ ain’t about shit if they can’t get that.

Would you watch a TMZ video titled, "No-name clerk insults no-name bar girl"? That's why TMZ edited out what happened in the hallway before Kareem walked out. I bet it didn't make Kareem look bad and made the bar girl look bad, but then they couldn't make the headline as big. I'd really like to see the ten minutes before the TMZ video, because stuff was happening then, too. Somebody ejected her from the room, and she was trying to get back in.

Flying High D 12-08-2018 05:32 PM

There might be a bit of interest in that desk video, now.

TribalElder 12-08-2018 05:36 PM

Hotel dropped this protection story in an attempt to dodge a lawsuit over the tape?

T-post Tom 12-08-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13943425)
Would you watch a TMZ video titled, "No-name clerk insults no-name bar girl"? That's why TMZ edited out what happened in the hallway before Kareem walked out. I bet it didn't make Kareem look bad and made the bar girl look bad, but then they couldn't make the headline as big. I'd really like to see the ten minutes before the TMZ video, because stuff was happening then, too. Somebody ejected her from the room, and she was trying to get back in.

Sorry Rain Man, but whatever she did or didn't do will not erase a grown man kicking a woman on the ground. And for the hotel not to call 911 is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If the responding LEOs really deleted anyone's cellphone video, there will be repercussions. I wish Kareem a brighter future, but I don't think he's the victim here. Kicking a defenseless "no-name" 19 year old coed can't be justified, imho.

FAX 12-08-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13942059)

I merely assumed that Slut Girl had a prior (albeit likely brief) affair with Hotel Clerk Boy that ended badly.

I theorize that Hotel Clerk Boy believed that he and Slut Girl had the potential of a beautiful future before them. Unfortunately, that dream was shattered when Slut Girl was seen by a maid having simultaneous sex with 3 other dudes and a Dyson. The maid then reported the devastating discovery to Hotel Clerk Boy who promptly returned the engagement ring and gave up on his search for a cozy cottage on the lake where he and Slut Girl could begin their life together.

FAX

Flying High D 12-08-2018 07:41 PM

Then he be thinking like, this job sucks like a Dyson.

Chiefshrink 12-08-2018 07:41 PM

This was not just one night on the town but rather a way of life for KH and he just happened to get caught this time.

Flying High D 12-08-2018 07:48 PM

Eventually the roles will be, trying to hold Kareem off beating his girlfriend. The videos show her always trying to hold Kareem back. Is this preschool? She must be so proud to have a boyfriend she has to babysit. According to the victim before Kareem came out his girlfriend tried to steamroll her.

loochy 12-08-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13943618)
This was not just one night on the town but rather a way of life for KH and he just happened to get caught this time.

Oh, is that right? Did you hang out with him a lot or something?

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-08-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13943425)

This is correct, they had her ****ing phone... That's why she had to ask the hotel to call 911. GET IT? He ****ed up big time...

rtmike 12-08-2018 11:26 PM

Well, Johnny Manziel lived there so I'm guessing the hotels seen this song and dance a few times. Nothing excuses desk clerk for what he said but not knowing the situation its hard to say really. How excited was she about calling 911? It doesn't sound like she was so maybe hotel guy figures....see above, lol.

KH hasn't separated himself from his childhood. So whatever he was doing then, hes doing now but with a "my shit don't stink" attitude. As mentioned, this was just another night on the town with our homey KH. Our only job is to keep KH safe from video/pix taken that could be construed illicit. We know how he can get.

I agree with the 2nd post. "This is some weird shit."

Flying High D 12-08-2018 11:29 PM

How many lawyers are talking to the victim?

threebag 12-08-2018 11:35 PM

Good thing she was under age... probably saved her from a rape, being chopped up and dumped.

:)

Flying High D 12-08-2018 11:39 PM

#Under Age Matters