ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DPI with 8 seconds left? Ignored OPI with 4 seconds left? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319568)

BlackOp 12-13-2018 11:12 PM

DPI with 8 seconds left? Ignored OPI with 4 seconds left?

This, my friends...is how you truly control the outcome of a game.

Choo CHoo...welcome to the LA Express. 5 weeks in a row (and counting) the refs have gifted the Chargers.

Funny, I went to few other teams TNF game threads. EVERY ONE of them were talking how rigged this was...

I prepared myself after the Rams game...so not really shocked. NFL doesn't care if you think it's rigged or not..

Two nationally televised Chargers games in 3 weeks...and both have had controversial officiating that led directly to Chargers points.

mr. tegu 12-13-2018 11:14 PM

Can you point to these other quotes?

BlackOp 12-13-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13960397)

I can...dont really feel like going back and copying them. One was a Ravens board...who should be wanting KC to die after last Sunday. Nope...they were saying it was absurd. Another poster added that it was boderline "dangerous".

TwistedChief 12-13-2018 11:18 PM

As I vomit on the sidewalk, I've found myself becoming a born-again BlackOp acolyte. You did foresee this, NostraBlackOpish.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-13-2018 11:19 PM

It's those damn O'Driscolls.

Halfcan 12-13-2018 11:20 PM

NFL is so blatantly corrupt they are not even a sport.

This year is set for Rivers to get his ring and to prop up the new stadium in LA. They don't even try to hide the corruption any longer.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-13-2018 11:21 PM

Chiefs got away with a ton too

lcarus 12-13-2018 11:23 PM

Shit seems completely rigged to make the games close at the very end and then they can dictate who comes back and who gets screwed. I hate it because I love the sport but this year has been just awful. If it's not fixed at the very least it's god damn terrible officiating and it's hard to watch. There was a pretty long stretch there where there was a flag every play

DrunkBassGuitar 12-13-2018 11:23 PM

The only thing stopping me from buying all the way into the conspiracy theories is I don't think the NFL is dumb enough to want an LA vs LA superbowl.

RickObie 12-13-2018 11:23 PM

If you truly believe it’s rigged you need to stop watching - why why would the NFL want the Chargers to get HFA and have everyone watch the. Play in front of 20k fans at a soccer stadium - come on - face it our defense sucks and it has for years.

tooge 12-13-2018 11:24 PM

The PI at the end on Fuller was BS. No question.. does that mean the NFL is rigged? No. It means they need to make all plays reviewable, had Fuller not touched the left hand of the receiver, he would’ve maybe, and it’s a big maybe, caught the ball out of bounds. Now, they still could’ve scored on the next play, but from the 1 really makes it tough on the D.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 13960490)
The only thing stopping me from buying all the way into the conspiracy theories is I don't think the NFL is dumb enough to want an LA vs LA superbowl.

I don't think you'll see that, the Rams are more sustainable because they are younger and their coach is solid...

Watch LA vs NO right now for the old guard...nice narrative..

Rams moving forward.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13960499)
If you truly believe it’s rigged you need to stop watching - why why would the NFL want the Chargers to get HFA and have everyone watch the. Play in front of 20k fans at a soccer stadium - come on - face it our defense sucks and it has for years.

Not about right now, it's so the Chargers will develop a fan base, winners get fans.

BlackOp 12-13-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 13960469)
Chiefs got away with a ton too

Chargers got theirs in the red zone...the DH on Sorenson directly gave them 4 points. It would have been 4th down.

The play at the end...the DPI call was on a pass that wouldn't have come down in bounds. You cant call that ticky tack crap with :08 seconds left...very next play, obvious OPI with a push off. Ignored.

You either call the game tight at the end on not....but cant do it for only one team.

Refs were banking on OT...this is going to cause a lot of controversy as the refs decided the game.

Frazod 12-13-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Because that soccer stadium is in LOS ANGELES.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13960535)
Because that soccer stadium is in LOS ANGELES.

Not about that soccer stadium, it's about the Chargers being able to fill up that huge new stadium and make the league a but ton of money.

Molitoth 12-13-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13960533)
.this is going to cause a lot of controversy as the refs decided the game.

No it's not. People don't give a shit about the Chiefs.

bobbything 12-13-2018 11:32 PM

I just wanted to stop in to say that I approve of this thread. That call might be the worst (non) call for us of the year. Lost the game for us in the end.

Refs should be held accountable.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13960570)
No it's not. People don't give a shit about the Chiefs.

It's true they don't, hell a lot of fans with no horse in the race want Brees to win MVP.

Frazod 12-13-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960550)
Not about that soccer stadium, it's about the Chargers being able to fill up that huge new stadium and make the league a but ton of money.

Yes. See my post in the other thread. We're on the same page here.

TEX 12-13-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13960397)

He already did point many out on a Chargers board when they played Denver. Many Chargers fans could not believe the breaks they were getting and many said that that seems like they have been getting them all year.

Now, can u just believe him, instead of spewing the the proverbiall, "Can you prove it" BS?

mr. tegu 12-13-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13960593)
He already did point many out on a Chargers board when they played Denver. Many Chargers fans could not believe the brakes they were getting and many said that that seems like they have been getting them all year.

Now, can u just believe him, instead of spewing the the proverbiall, "Can you prove it" BS?

I didn’t ask him to prove it nor did I doubt him. I don’t doubt they exist. But he was vague and was curious which threads and teams fans he was referring to so I asked for some of what he saw.

BlackOp 12-13-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Meh...I'm only watching because PMII is amazing. I'm not really upset tonight...I already knew this was coming.

I've been posting about it for weeks....months if you go back to winter.

It has nothing to do with their soccer stadium in Carson....it has EVERYTHING to do with moving into a 4 BILLION dollar stadium in a city that doesn't want you. A city that has 20 million people in it..

This is exactly the script the NFL has been pushing since January...and it's playing out like a movie.

If the last 10 seconds, tonight, hasn't convinced you...nothing will.

I'm just a fan that wants evenly officiated games...and sick of the Chiefs always being on the losing end of controversial situations.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13960627)
Meh...I'm only watching because PMII is amazing. I'm not really upset tonight...I already knew this was coming.

I've been posting about it for weeks....months if you go back to winter.

It has nothing to do with their soccer stadium in Carson....it has EVERYTHING to do with moving into a 4 BILLION dollar stadium in a city that doesn't want you. A city that has 20 million people in it..

This is exactly the script the NFL has been pushing since January...and it's playing out like a movie.

If the last 10 seconds, tonight, hasn't convinced you...nothing will.

I'm just a fan that wants evenly officiated games...and sick of the Chiefs always being on the losing end of controversial situations.

If they can just get the Chargers a Jets sized fan base out of this they'll be satisfied.

rabblerouser 12-13-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Really?

Article from Sept 4 :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...for-2018-title

BlackOp 12-14-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13960786)

So far, the 2018 Chiefs have been burned by the refs in in 3 of their 4 national games....the Bengals game got so out of control they didn't bother.

The NFL has spoken...the agenda doesn't include the Chiefs even with PMII.

This game was really the tell-tale for me...I had already checked out but because of morbid curiosity...wanted to see what lengths the NFL would go for the LA agenda. I thought screwing the Steelers on SNF should really have been the wake-up for people...they were 174-0-1 when leading by 16 points.

So yeah...not investing much interest in the rest of this season. I know how it ends.

petegz28 12-14-2018 12:31 AM

#1-#5 if we don't win next week unless we get help. Tonight's game while not "Critical" was very crucial. Then again, we showed tonight that home field for us doesn't matter much.

petegz28 12-14-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13960823)
So far, the 2018 Chiefs have been burned by the refs in in 3 of their 4 national games....the Bengals game got so out of control they didn't bother.

The NFL has spoken...the agenda doesn't include the Chiefs even with PMII.

This game was really the tell-tale for me...I had already checked out but because of morbid curiosity...wanted to see what lengths the NFL would go for the LA agenda. I thought screwing the Steelers on SNF should really have been the wake-up for people...they were 174-0-1 when leading by 16 points.

So yeah...not investing much interest in the rest of this season. I know how it ends.

It is rather conikidinkal when the Chargers pull out 2 road games in 3 weeks and basically defy a ton of history while doing so.

That being said, **** Bob Sutton

BlackOp 12-14-2018 12:35 AM

Who would have ever thought that this game would have late, game deciding controversy favoring the Chargers?

Yahoo sports is already on it

Wild Chargers win filled with controversial calls in game's final moments

https://sports.yahoo.com/wild-charge...054710365.html

Touchdown vs. Chiefs Was an Officiating Mess

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/13/lo...iciating-mess/

ping2000 12-14-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13960892)
Who would have ever thought that this game would have late, game deciding controversy favoring the Chargers?

Yahoo sports is already on it

Wild Chargers win filled with controversial calls in game's final moments

https://sports.yahoo.com/wild-charge...054710365.html

Touchdown vs. Chiefs Was an Officiating Mess

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/13/lo...iciating-mess/

And it all means nothing. Sucks, but we always find new ways to shit in our pants in big games.

RickObie 12-14-2018 12:41 AM

Seriously - if people truly believe this is rigged why watch anymore - the day I believe that there’s an agenda I’m done - I watched WWF when I was a child, don’t even know if it’s around anymore - why? Because it’s fake an I’m 50 years old.

Rain Man 12-14-2018 12:44 AM

Conspiracy theories aside, even if you think the game is pure as snow, it's a huge blow to the league when games are decided by arbitrary officiating calls. Why did they call one penalty and not the other? The entire outcome of the game changed not because of anything the players did, but because of two very arbitrary decisions by officials. That's bad for the sport.

Johnny Vegas 12-14-2018 12:46 AM

I really hate to say it but yall sound like Ravens fans last week. Whats done is done.

BlackOp 12-14-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13960907)
Seriously - if people truly believe this is rigged why watch anymore - the day I believe that there’s an agenda I’m done - I watched WWF when I was a child, don’t even know if it’s around anymore - why? Because it’s fake an I’m 50 years old.

I'm done watching with any real emotion/expectations...I backed off the Chiefs after the 1st quarter of the Rams game. If the games arent fair...there is no point pretending they are and being upset afterwords.

I, still, have never seen such a barrage of flags to start a game...that was surreal.

I knew, at that point, that this season will end like the others...so tonight's call then no call wasn't surprising.

I would advise hardcore Chiefs fans to temper their expectations and just enjoy PMII. NFL corporate cant take that away from you...unless they have a TMZ video they are sitting on.

The NFL has become where the officials, late in the games...are more dramatic than the actual "sport". You have to sit on your hands and wait to see if they screw you or not..."are they going to call that obvious push off with the game on the line"?

"YAY...the officials let us win".....over it.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2018 12:49 AM

****ing jesuits

BlackOp 12-14-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13960931)
****ing jesuits

Chargers are more about greedy NFL executives trying to manipulate the public....when expanding their market is the true endgame. This is pure business....you could argue fraud but the NFL is licensed as "entertainment".

It's like when Folgers went from 16 oz of coffee in a can...to 12 oz. They kept the container the same size and just put less in it..hoping no one would notice. They are hoping the public doesn't piece together these last 5-6 weeks and realize there is a pattern of steering games.

NFL corporate thinks their average fan is a gullible moron...

RickObie 12-14-2018 01:15 AM

Then we should all root on teams from NY, Chicago, and LA then. Is the NFL the only dirty league then? I would think that the others would learn from the NFL - NBA as well - Knicks are awesome every year just like the Bulls and Lakers - wait - they suck just like the Jets haven’t been good in forever - the Giants, come on they suck more than there good - the Bears haven’t good in forever until this year - maybe we need to just look in the mirror and realize we aren’t that good - as homers we love to think that we are better than everyone else and everyone is out to get us.

suzzer99 12-14-2018 01:20 AM

You guys really think the league wants to see an AFC championship game in a 35k seat stadium?

BlackOp 12-14-2018 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13960995)
You guys really think the league wants to see an AFC championship game in a 35k seat stadium?

They want to sell potential new LA fans on a winner. Do you really think anyone in LA is going to buy seat licenses for a perennial 7-9 team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years...they already have another team with history in the city.

This game, tonight, was about marketing...getting people interested in the Chargers. They used the last two nationally televised Chargers games to this end. Both were draped in controversy. Now they will ramp up the "They just slayed the Dragon" ..."beat the NFL MVP"...and what other horseshit headlines they can concoct this week.

Like I said..they think the average NFL fan is a fool.

I've been saying for weeks this is a last ditch effort by the NFL...they are extremely worried about the Chargers surviving in LA. Spanos dumping them in a place where nobody cares really put them in a tough spot.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs are the same division...so even with PMII, they are a sacrificial lamb. LA market is priority #1...trumps everything else.

lcarus 12-14-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13961011)
Like I said..they think the average NFL fan is a fool.

Well they aren't wrong about that

-King- 12-14-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 13960920)
I really hate to say it but yall sound like Ravens fans last week. Whats done is done.

That's the funny part about all this.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom 12-14-2018 02:33 AM

They can barely fill the 30,000-seat StubHub Center. When they do, it’s with the help of fans of the opposing team.

And that could soon be changing.

As the Rams soaked up the attention and the headlines and the praise, the Chargers quietly have gone about their business, racking up wins and, in the 2018 Thursday night finale, authoring a stunning comeback capped by a gutsy (but smart) decision to go for the win, and getting it.

And here are the L.A. Chargers, now two wins and a very plausible Chiefs loss at Seattle in prime time away from nailing down the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

If they get it, they don’t really need it. The Chargers boosted their record away from L.A. to 6-0 on the year, making the team without a home-field advantage perhaps the most likely to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Even though they may not have to.

The push to a potential division crown and top seed in the playoffs should wake up anyone/everyone who had overlooked the team that had become second fiddle in the City of Angels. The Rams got there a year early. The Rams hosted a playoff game to cap the 2017 season. The Rams kept acquiring big-name players in the offseason. The Rams, as the 2018 campaign unfolded, became the darlings of the league.

But the Chargers continued to push, quietly, steadily, inevitably. They still have plenty of work to do (and they need help from the Seahawks or the Raiders), but they are now in a spot where no one would have expected them to be, not in a season that has been dominated by the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots, Steelers (until recently), and the Cowboys (recently).

So get your Philip Rivers or Melvin Gordon or Mike Williams or Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa or any other player’s jersey and get ready for a team that hasn’t done much in the last decade to possibly do something memorable, something historic. The Chargers have earned their spot among the league’s elite, and it’s time for their new hometown to respond accordingly — along with the rest of the country.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-chargers/

BlackOp 12-14-2018 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13961083)
They can barely fill the 30,000-seat StubHub Center. When they do, it’s with the help of fans of the opposing team.

As the Rams soaked up the attention and the headlines and the praise, the Chargers quietly have gone about their business, racking up wins and, in the 2018 Thursday night finale, authoring a stunning comeback capped by a gutsy (but smart) decision to go for the win, and getting it.

And here are the L.A. Chargers, now two wins and a very plausible Chiefs loss at Seattle in prime time away from nailing down the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

If they get it, they don’t really need it. The Chargers boosted their record away from L.A. to 6-0 on the year, making the team without a home-field advantage perhaps the most likely to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Even though they may not have to.

The push to a potential division crown and top seed in the playoffs should wake up anyone/everyone who had overlooked the team that had become second fiddle in the City of Angels. The Rams got there a year early. The Rams hosted a playoff game to cap the 2017 season. The Rams kept acquiring big-name players in the offseason. The Rams, as the 2018 campaign unfolded, became the darlings of the league.

But the Chargers continued to push, quietly, steadily, inevitably. They still have plenty of work to do (and they need help from the Seahawks or the Raiders), but they are now in a spot where no one would have expected them to be, not in a season that has been dominated by the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots, Steelers (until recently), and the Cowboys (recently).

So get your Philip Rivers or Melvin Gordon or Mike Williams or Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa or any other player’s jersey and get ready for a team that hasn’t done much in the last decade to possibly do something memorable, something historic. The Chargers have earned their spot among the league’s elite, and it’s time for their new hometown to respond accordingly — along with the rest of the country.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

They really do think NFL fans are stupid...and cant see through this horseshit.

chiefzilla1501 12-14-2018 05:18 AM

Bad calls both ways.

But... The chargers were gifted about a months worth of games on incredibly controversial calls. It'd be one thing if it was one game. In a division race that could be decided by one game, this was the cherry on the top. I'm a little pissed about the missed calls in the end. I am absolutely ****ing pissed at the chargers repeated game changing bad calls.

SuperBowl4 12-14-2018 05:23 AM

Quote:

You are right. Ever since the George Bush Administration signed THE PATRIOT ACT in October 2001 it's been the New England PATRIOTS ever since!

rabblerouser 12-14-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13961083)

Buy those jerseys, LA fans..?

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 05:48 AM

Blackop is like some future seeing gypsy.

It’s eerie has hell.

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13960916)
Conspiracy theories aside, even if you think the game is pure as snow, it's a huge blow to the league when games are decided by arbitrary officiating calls. Why did they call one penalty and not the other? The entire outcome of the game changed not because of anything the players did, but because of two very arbitrary decisions by officials. That's bad for the sport.

That's what I hate... the inconsistency. But, I think it's fairly balanced - unfortunately one team is going to get the 'last' bad call of a game. Someone earlier mentioned the refs messing up a few calls in KC's favor last night, one on a scoring drive. Did that not happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13961162)
You are right. Ever since the George Bush Administration signed THE PATRIOT ACT in October 2001 it's been the New England PATRIOTS ever since!

https://media.giphy.com/media/9aDBfz...ized-large.gif

BigRedChief 12-14-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13961190)
That's what I hate... the inconsistency. But, I think it's fairly balanced - unfortunately one team is going to get the 'last' bad call of a game. Someone earlier mentioned the refs messing up a few calls in KC's favor last night, one on a scoring drive. Did that not happen?

Yes, there were bad calls on both sides. But there were arbitrarily made calls that changed the outcome of the game. They pushed off our guy to make the catch, And the ball isn't catch able but they still called PI despite our guy only touching his hand while the ball is there.

Official making calls that decide the outcome of a game are a big deal. Especially when we in the TV audience have the luxury of seeing the play multiple timed from different angles. teams should be able to to challenge those plays. Have them decided in NY.

petegz28 12-14-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13961200)
Yes, there were bad calls on both sides. But there were arbitrarily made calls that changed the outcome of the game. They pushed off our guy to make the catch, And the ball isn't catch able but they still called PI despite our guy only touching his hand while the ball is there.

We should be able to to challenge those plays. Have them decided in NY.

What about the ball moving as the Charger receiver goes out of bounds after a push off????

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

We should be able to to challenge those plays. Have them decided in NY.

Agree on the ability to review...

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13961202)
What about the ball moving as the Charger receiver goes out of bounds after a push off????

I dunno... to me, I think he maintained position. He wasn't juggling the ball, maybe there was a slight move.

Coogs 12-14-2018 06:08 AM

I wasn't shocked at the outcome. Too many big games left to hype to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs locked up with essentially 3 games left to go in the regular season. New England at Pittsburgh this weekend for example. Basically the only game on TV late Sunday afternoon.

I still think we will wind up the #1 seed, but just not until week 17 is completed.

RippedmyFlesh 12-14-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13960907)

And if you and others are naive enough to think a billion dollar business is as pure as the driven snow I dont know what to tell you.You know legally they can rig it if they want. The nfl is subject to the same laws as wrestling not baseball for example. But keep believing its pure and that billionaires would leave the results to chance.

ChiefRocka 12-14-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13961204)
I dunno... to me, I think he maintained position. He wasn't juggling the ball, maybe there was a slight move.

If they did it right the refs would have used the bobbling of ball as a makeup call for the obvious extended arm pushoff on our worst player.

petegz28 12-14-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13961204)

The move was beyond slight and he pushed off at that

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 13961207)
And if you and others are naive enough to think a billion dollar business is as pure as the driven snow I dont know what to tell you.You know legally they can rig it if they want. The nfl is subject to the same laws as wrestling not baseball for example. But keep believing its pure and that billionaires would leave the results to chance.

Well, I'll say this... the moment that I become convinced it's rigged, I'm out.

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13961209)
The move was beyond slight and he pushed off at that

So, to me... this 'non-call' as you might put it is similar to the 'non-call' that I'm sure Chargers' fans were screaming about on the hit to Rivers when he was screaming about the head to head hit.

I don't view this as a bobbled reception.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O_tlWyl5HsE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 12-14-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13961226)
So, to me... this 'non-call' as you might put it is similar to the 'non-call' that I'm sure Chargers' fans were screaming about on the hit to Rivers when he was screaming about the head to head hit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O_tlWyl5HsE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And also the non-call of Rivers removing his helmet on the field of play after that missed helmet to helmet.

petegz28 12-14-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13961232)
And also the non-call of Rivers removing his helmet on the field of play after that missed helmet to helmet.

There was a TO taken when he took his helmet off.

HemiEd 12-14-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Official making calls that decide the outcome of a game are a big deal. Especially when we in the TV audience have the luxury of seeing the play multiple timed from different angles. teams should be able to to challenge those plays. Have them decided in NY.

Los Angeles/RogerGoodell

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Ok, but ... should the refs have called a penalty on the defense for the hit? Or are you more concerned that they didn't call it for the helmet removal?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r9-mov0uA1Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Dawg 12-14-2018 06:35 AM

Told ya. NFL wants good business. They want the night game next week to matter so the refs took the game away from us. It really is that simple. They xecided the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmerchief 12-14-2018 07:09 AM

Shouldnt have mattered! Bad calls on both teams, we got our share of them throughout the game. This was on Reid and the offense, on not being able to close this game out! Rivers should never have gotten the ball back. Until we learn how to close a game out, when we have the ball, these kind of results are not surprising!

Rasputin 12-14-2018 07:12 AM

No excuses why we got beat we got beat because they out football us.

Chiefnj2 12-14-2018 07:16 AM

The tin foil crew is in rare form.

4 penalties against SD in the first half on KC's TD drive.

SD's last drive started with a 10 yard holding call against them setting up a 1st and 20. Yep, the refs sure were helping SD with that call.

No call on the hit on Rivers. If they wanted to rig the game that was the call they would have made.

Officiating is poor. End of story.

HemiEd 12-14-2018 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13961205)
I wasn't shocked at the outcome. Too many big games left to hype to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs locked up with essentially 3 games left to go in the regular season. New England at Pittsburgh this weekend for example. Basically the only game on TV late Sunday afternoon.

I still think we will wind up the #1 seed, but just not until week 17 is completed.

So you agree? It is not all totally up to the players on the field?

So, so much ****ing money involved.

Yehoodi 12-14-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

It is not a penalty, one can remove one's helmet after a timeout, which was called by the Chargers.

Bugeater 12-14-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13960995)

That doesn't really have an impact on the TV broadcast of the game.

Yehoodi 12-14-2018 07:29 AM

There were calls that were bad or ticky tack on both sides of the ball. The DPI in the endzone at the end was rough, especially after the WR pushed off.

However, KC's last scoring drive was aided by 3 penalties for a first down, two of which were at 3rd and long.

And then you take on the missed helmet the helmet on Rivers, and we end up with bad calls on both sides.

Sanka 12-14-2018 08:15 AM

I'm at the airport on my way back home, waiting to board and I'm almost 100% positive 2 dick officials are waiting to board.

Brooklyn 12-14-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Because gate attendance doesn’t mean jack shit. TV ratings and advertising does. And the Super Bowl will be a neutral site sold out game.

LA/LA is a wet dream, as is another storybook QB sendoff. Which they’d also get from option 2 - Brees vs Rivers.

Chiefs got a ton of calls early as a de herring. Makes it seems like there is reasonable doubt about the game being influenced. As you can see though, early doesn’t matter. It only takes 5 minutes to nudge things the way they “need” to go.

I know BlackOp has suggested sometimes the Chiefs are in on it, and that’s a hard pill to swallow, but if not for Andy’s history in Philly, I’d really be looking at that midfield punt as suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crayzkirk 12-14-2018 08:23 AM

I understand the desire to make it a big conspiracy; our brains are wired to work out explanations for things that we don't agree with or seem outrageous. As much as I would like to say the referees are biased, I would rather say incompetent and inept. Also, the Chiefs defenders seem to have zero situational awareness. The lack of team speed was also evident.

I was most disappointed in two series for the Chiefs; the last offensive possession was just an absolute disaster that started with the penalty on the return. The play calling was very predictable. The other series was after the big return on the kickoff. Again, the play calling was very conservative and predictable.

It was another case of not going for the win and finding a way to lose a game that very well could have been an easy win.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-14-2018 08:50 AM

"Sports Entertainment". I half expected The Macho Man to run out of the crowd and chair shot Houston on the final play.

ClevelandBronco 12-14-2018 08:55 AM

These threads that stir up the high priests of whiny loserism are always the best.

Mile High Mania 12-14-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13961583)
"Sports Entertainment". I half expected The Macho Man to run out of the crowd and chair shot Houston on the final play.

Impossible, he's been dead a long time.

suzzer99 12-14-2018 01:32 PM

Everyone is seizing on that helmet to helmet - solely because Rivers got up and threw a hissy fit. If that's Mahomes he maybe gestures to the ref a little, then goes back to the huddle. And the announcers and pundits forget all about it.

It's bullshit. It was a bang bang play where Rivers was still trying to gain yardage. O'Daniel led with his shoulder and happened to bump helmets.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-14-2018 01:35 PM

Shocking our PA Denver "friend" is here to break down our loss!

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-14-2018 01:37 PM

Never attribute malice to that which can be explained by incompetence.

The Franchise 12-14-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13962467)
Everyone is seizing on that helmet to helmet - solely because Rivers got up and threw a hissy fit. If that's Mahomes he maybe gestures to the ref a little, then goes back to the huddle. And the announcers and pundits forget all about it.

It's bullshit. It was a bang bang play where Rivers was still trying to gain yardage. O'Daniel led with his shoulder and happened to bump helmets.

That's how I saw it. O'Daniel didn't lead with his helmet....he lead with his shoulder.