ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Snowballs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320386)

cmh6476 01-13-2019 12:49 PM

Snowballs

I thought it made it kind of fun with the snow. Of course I was under the awning which I appreciated having my 11yo boy with me. I guess if we had been getting hit it would of sucked. Just what happens when you get a bunch of drunk people around wet snow, I guess :shrug:

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2019 12:56 PM

It was a horrible display of class

Should have thrown rocks

ptlyon 01-13-2019 12:57 PM

You get whacked by a packed ice ball from 20 rows up and see how fun it is

2bikemike 01-13-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14033936)
It was a horrible display of class

Should have thrown rocks

Or Batteries! Wasn't that the choice of Raider Scum for years? The nickname Battery Chucks come to mind!

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 01:00 PM

As long as it's all in good fun.

Throwing snowballs at players is disgusting and embarrassing.

Sounds like chiefs staff, media, and cheerleaders were getting pelted too and didn't really appreciate it.

Keep the snowball fights near you and in the stands and it's mostly harmless fun.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14033958)
You get whacked by a packed ice ball from 20 rows up and see how fun it is

It sounds like some people had to get medical attention. Getting hit in the head with a compacted snowball from a distance is probably no joke.

More than anything I just hope some moron doesn't interfere with play and cost us a penalty and our integrity.

007 01-13-2019 01:05 PM

The only thing that happened in my area was people tossing loose snow up in the air after touchdowns. No snowballs.

hometeam 01-13-2019 01:06 PM

Bunch of ****in morons. Stadium should have posted security all over where they where coming from. Terrible show of class, trying to hit ****ing cameraman and cheerleaders and chiefs fans in the bottom. Dumb.

thabear04 01-13-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 14033972)
Or Batteries! Wasn't that the choice of Raider Scum for years? The nickname Battery Chucks come to mind!

I seen them do that to Charles the game where he had 5 TD. Those Fans got thrown out of the game.

htismaqe 01-13-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14034013)
It sounds like some people had to get medical attention. Getting hit in the head with a compacted snowball from a distance is probably no joke.

More than anything I just hope some moron doesn't interfere with play and cost us a penalty and our integrity.

Exactly. Stupid. Classless.

displacedinMN 01-13-2019 01:08 PM

g=9.8m/s2 or 32 feet per second

ice ball falling 40 feet is traveling at 27 mph

Clyde Frog 01-13-2019 01:09 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnormousUn...restricted.gif

2bikemike 01-13-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 14034040)
I seen them do that to Charles the game where he had 5 TD. Those Fans got thrown out of the game.

IIRC Players were told to keep their helmets on even heading into the locker room.

ptlyon 01-13-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

"It's Duracell D battery day here at the Oakland coliseum"

Spott 01-13-2019 01:12 PM

You put a bunch of people partying and drinking outside with nothing but snow around then snowballs are going to happen.

MahiMike 01-13-2019 01:12 PM

What do you expect? It's snow. Snow makes for good balls. What do you do w/balls? Throw them!

But yea not cool.

Nirvana58 01-13-2019 01:14 PM

I remember being at a Titans game probably about 8 years ago. Snow on the ground and cold. Chiefs were getting killed because we sucked. One Titan fan about 25 rows down was talking crap to everyone in the stands that day. Just really drunk, obnoxious, and rubbing salt on the wound.

Fourth quarter starts and he is still going at it. So I bet a friend of mine 20 bucks I can nail him with a snow ball. Take a sip of my beer pack a nice tight snow ball. Unleashed it at the back of his head. Bullseye. He turns around. Looks at me pissed off to holy hell.

Then he raises his beer as if too say nice shot. I raise my beer. After that he sat down and peace was restored.

mlyonsd 01-13-2019 01:15 PM

Hopefully a few of the perps got their teeth knocked out.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 01:19 PM

I can't remember the last time an nfl player on the field in mid play was impacted by a fan throwing something at him. If that actually impacted the punt id be furious. Not just because of the penalty. Fans should not physically impact games. Kc star claims kickoff returners were being targeted too. Under no circumstance should a snowball even sniff the field. Thank God we won and that the refs didn't make a bad call.

Jewish Rabbi 01-13-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 14034111)
I remember being at a Titans game probably about 8 years ago. Snow on the ground and cold. Chiefs were getting killed because we sucked. One Titan fan about 25 rows down was talking crap to everyone in the stands that day. Just really drunk, obnoxious, and rubbing salt on the wound.

Fourth quarter starts and he is still going at it. So I bet a friend of mine 20 bucks I can nail him with a snow ball. Take a sip of my beer pack a nice tight snow ball. Unleashed it at the back of his head. Bullseye. He turns around. Looks at me pissed off to holy hell.

Then he raises his beer as if too say nice shot. I raise my beer. After that he sat down and peace was restored.

You’re so badass can I get an autograph?

Spott 01-13-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14034047)
g=9.8m/s2 or 32 feet per second

ice ball falling 40 feet is traveling at 27 mph

If thrown in a vacuum.

kcclone 01-13-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14034035)
Bunch of ****in morons. Stadium should have posted security all over where they where coming from. Terrible show of class, trying to hit ****ing cameraman and cheerleaders and chiefs fans in the bottom. Dumb.

Agreed, you should be kicked out immediately if caught throwing a snowball. How old do you have to be before throwing a snowball loses it's appeal?

threebag 01-13-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14034063)
"It's Duracell D battery day here at the Oakland coliseum"

I guess if your stealing them, steal the best. Don’t want to throw no dolla sto batteries.

kcpasco 01-13-2019 01:32 PM

I was hoping Andy was gonna leap into the stands and find the fan throwing snowballs, rip his arms off and beat him with them and than just go back to coaching like nothing happened.

gblowfish 01-13-2019 01:41 PM

I saw a couple of snowballs hit in the end zone. Andy went down towards the big scoreboard side of the field to point at some fans and tell them to chill. I didn't see anything coming from around my seats. I saw some red confetti in the fourth quarter, but that was about it. Yes chucking snowballs from the upper deck is especially dangerous. Whoever was seen doing it should get jail time.

The stadium announcer put up a message about fan conduct about a half dozen times during the course of the game. Snowballs seems to slow way down after they started with that. Also, the refs could have penalized the Chiefs because of fan conduct. And our fans should be better than that. I think it was jus a few drunken idiots. There's always more drunks at late afternoon and night games then when we have a normal noon game.

Donger 01-13-2019 01:43 PM

https://deadspin.com/chiefs-fans-thr...ame-1831708064

BigCatDaddy 01-13-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Raider fans would probably chuck their Obama-Phones these days.

gblowfish 01-13-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 14034344)

Wow, I didn't notice that one at the Indy Punter. I did see the one at the receiver. But that could have been a Colts fan chucking that one!

Pointer19 01-13-2019 01:50 PM

New strategy for going 8-0 away

Step 1. Go to all away games wearing away team's gear
Step 2. Throw snowballs at Chiefs if we're losing
Step 3. Free yards

Spott 01-13-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14034326)
I saw a couple of snowballs hit in the end zone. Andy went down towards the big scoreboard side of the field to point at some fans and tell them to chill. I didn't see anything coming from around my seats. I saw some red confetti in the fourth quarter, but that was about it. Yes chucking snowballs from the upper deck is especially dangerous. Whoever was seen doing it should get jail time.

The stadium announcer put up a message about fan conduct about a half dozen times during the course of the game. Snowballs seems to slow way down after they started with that. Also, the refs could have penalized the Chiefs because of fan conduct. And our fans should be better than that. I think it was just a few drunken idiots. There's always more drunks at late afternoon and night games then when we have a normal noon game.

I wonder if they could actually punish the home team for something like that. What if some guy in a Luck jersey pelts a ref with a snowball? Can they really punish a team just because they they assume the person is rooting for the home team?

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14034386)
Wow, I didn't notice that one at the Indy Punter. I did see the one at the receiver. But that could have been a Colts fan chucking that one!

KC star reporter said Pascal was also being targeted with snowballs while preparing for the kickoff return.

Just... No. A million times no.

Spott 01-13-2019 02:01 PM

Going to have to upgrade to ice balls for the Pats fans next week. :)

Simply Red 01-13-2019 02:04 PM

****ing drunk idiots

Sassy Squatch 01-13-2019 02:04 PM

People needed medical attention. If you're just tossing them in your own section then whatever, but I saw at least a couple drunk bundle of stickss packing them as tight as they could and launching them as high into the air as they could into the lower stands.

Pointer19 01-13-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14034487)
****ing drunk idiots

Does not seem nice

wazu 01-13-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14034488)
People needed medical attention. If you're just tossing them in your own section then whatever, but I saw at least a couple drunk pillowbiters packing them as tight as they could and launching them as high into the air as they could into the lower stands.

Yeah, I was in the lower level and there were bombs dropping throughout the game. It's a really long drop from upper deck. I didn't see anybody get hit but no doubt it happened.

Why Not? 01-13-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14033973)

Keep the snowball fights near you and in the stands and it's mostly harmless fun.

Really? If someone pelted one of my kids with a snowball in the stands I can assure you it would not be harmless fun for the thrower.

CoMoChief 01-13-2019 02:13 PM

The snow filled cupholders worked out nicely for beer.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14034537)
Really? If someone pelted one of my kids with a snowball in the stands I can assure you it would not be harmless fun for the thrower.

I'm obviously not defending the behavior. Just acknowledging that there are plenty of people just having harmless fun. But clearly there were also assholes doing it recklessly or maliciously. Obviously pelting a snowball at a kid is uncalled for.

morphius 01-13-2019 02:30 PM

It looked pretty classless with just the small bits you could see on TV. I'd like to think our fans were better than that.

OnTheWarpath15 01-13-2019 02:35 PM

There were a LOT flying from the upper deck to the lower on the visiting side, from the 30 yard line to the north end zone. NBC cameraman got belted. Also saw a woman take one right between the shoulder blades. Knocked her down.

UK_Chief 01-13-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14034097)
What do you expect? It's snow. Snow makes for good balls. What do you do w/balls? Throw them!

But yea not cool.

Well... they kinda are

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 14034111)

That's awesome!

T-post Tom 01-13-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14034640)
There were a LOT flying from the upper deck to the lower on the visiting side, from the 30 yard line to the north end zone. NBC cameraman got belted. Also saw a woman take one right between the shoulder blades. Knocked her down.

Perma ban from Arrowhead.

OnTheWarpath15 01-13-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14034686)
Perma ban from Arrowhead.

I'd bet anything that the cameraman that got hit was also the cameraman that caught a guy in the act on the broadcast.

It was towards the end of the 1st half, and at the next stoppage he pointed his camera into the upper deck towards the area of 341/342.

Bugeater 01-13-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14034200)
Agreed, you should be kicked out immediately if caught throwing a snowball. How old do you have to be before throwing a snowball loses it's appeal?

Well I'm 50 and....

HonestChieffan 01-13-2019 02:52 PM

Arrowhead security better get their shit right before next week. They need cameras on stands and toss every asswipe who gets stupid doing dangerous bullshit. Arrowhead used to be the class place to go to a game for Chiefs fans as well as visitors. Sounds like that has changed.

Simplicity 01-13-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14034498)
Yeah, I was in the lower level and there were bombs dropping throughout the game. It's a really long drop from upper deck. I didn't see anybody get hit but no doubt it happened.

I was in the upper level and was able to watch the snowball throwers from the throw to the impact and can assure you people got absolutely pelted in the head in the lower level. Watched a cheerleader take one to the side of the face. Didn't look like it felt too good.

Flying High D 01-13-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 14034344)

Can’t the others in the stadium take care of that? What a moron. He should of been kicked out.

dlphg9 01-13-2019 02:54 PM

I hate the "what do you expect with drunk people and snow" mindset. What I expect is that grown ass men can handle their alcohol, have some self control and not act like complete jackasses. Its along the lines of saying "well yeah he punched his gf and broke her nose, but what do you expect? He was drunk and she didnt have dinner ready". If you cant control your stupid ass impulses then you should refrain from drinking.

People already want a reason to talk about us midwest idiots and this just adds full to the fire. The good thing is that they have cameras pointed all over the stadium so they can catch the idiots doing this and never let them back in the stadium.

OnTheWarpath15 01-13-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 14034722)
Arrowhead security better get their shit right before next week. They need cameras on stands and toss every asswipe who gets stupid doing dangerous bullshit. Arrowhead used to be the class place to go to a game for Chiefs fans as well as visitors. Sounds like that has changed.

They also better make sure the parking attendants bother to ****ing show up.

Never saw one. I've never been the type to make a phone call or send an email, but I damn near did yesterday. Complete goat**** trying to park.

KCUnited 01-13-2019 02:56 PM

I was in 122 and they were raining down from the uppers right above us. Saw multiple people in our section get hit. Andy talked to security right in front of our section.

Bugeater 01-13-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14034723)
I was in the upper level and was able to watch the snowball throwers from the throw to the impact and can assure you people got absolutely pelted in the head in the lower level. Watched a cheerleader take one to the side of the face. Didn't look like it felt too good.

In all seriousness, that's when people need to be militant. Break out the phone, record it and call security. Gotta police your own.

ptlyon 01-13-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14034543)
The snow filled cupholders worked out nicely for $9 beer.

Fyp - or is it more now?

Blick 01-13-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14034748)
I was in 122 and they were raining down from the uppers right above us. Saw multiple people in our section get hit. Andy talked to security right in front of our section.

Yeah I'm in 123 and saw the same. One came down and hit right behind the line judge down by the goal line. He immediately went to security. I thought for sure we were going to get some kind of penalty or at least a warning. Security was clueless. They kept eyeing and pointing at the lower level and at one point a lot of us were pointing up top to let them know where they were coming from.

Simplicity 01-13-2019 03:08 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dear twitter:<br><br>I get it. People shouldn’t throw snowballs. But the next snow game with no snowballs will be the first. Maybe don’t act like a new moral low point was found yesterday. <br><br>With love,<br>Me</p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1084484515433799680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simplicity 01-13-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14034750)
In all seriousness, that's when people need to be militant. Break out the phone, record it and call security. Gotta police your own.

Thing is all of the snowball throwing we witnessed were on the Colts sideline and the far corner of the stadium. Our section was responsible enough to not partake.

threebag 01-13-2019 03:36 PM

Well shit, I seen the thread title and figured TakesLoadsOrally was finally “giving back” to the community.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 03:37 PM

I'll be curious to see how the Chiefs and NFL address that this week. I'm sure they'll make an example of the guy who threw at the punter at the very least. Throwing interfering stuff during a live play in any sport is pretty serious business. I still remember the story about the prick who threw a beer at a baseball player while he was trying to catch a fly ball.

ptlyon 01-13-2019 03:40 PM

Snow will be gone

royr17 01-13-2019 03:41 PM

Ever been to jail for throwing a snowball ? Appearently it's considered a weapon of choice these days lol

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14034801)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dear twitter:<br><br>I get it. People shouldn’t throw snowballs. But the next snow game with no snowballs will be the first. Maybe don’t act like a new moral low point was found yesterday. <br><br>With love,<br>Me</p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1084484515433799680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love justification. Yeah it's wrong but other people do it so!

wazu 01-13-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14034903)
Snow will be gone

We'll see. Right now it's supposed to snow Friday and Saturday. With highs of 19 through the weekend there's a good chance it's an issue again.

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2019 03:43 PM

I'd be pretty happy if I was someone with my grandfather or something and he got hit in the back of the head with a tightly packed snowball.

ptlyon 01-13-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 14034919)
I'd be pretty happy if I was someone with my grandfather or something and he got hit in the back of the head with a snowball.

Why do you hate your grandfather?

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14034933)
Why do you hate your grandfather?

LMAO

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 14034907)
Ever been to jail for throwing a snowball ? Appearently it's considered a weapon of choice these days lol

A guy got a year probation and 100 hours of community service for throwing a beer at a player. Would have to think the snowball throw to the Punter would get something similar.

Rain Man 01-13-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14034750)

Yeah, I would agree. Kick those idiots out so the rest of us can watch the game.

I never saw any snowballs myself, but wondered why they kept announcing that you can't throw things. I didn't know if that was normal or if there was some problem I wasn't seeing.

wazu 01-13-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14035014)
Yeah, I would agree. Kick those idiots out so the rest of us can watch the game.

I never saw any snowballs myself, but wondered why they kept announcing that you can't throw things. I didn't know if that was normal or if there was some problem I wasn't seeing.

I'm guessing you were sitting decently close to the field. I'm lower level but 33 rows up, so saw snowballs dropping in front of us all night, and many looked packed pretty tight. They were always far enough away that I couldn't see what or who they hit. Regarding the public announcement, I don't remember ever hearing that before, it was definitely snowball related.

ct 01-13-2019 04:08 PM

keep your snowballs in your pants or keep your ass at home

LiveSteam 01-13-2019 04:12 PM

European model shows 6" to a foot of snow coming late week

Simplicity 01-13-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 14034911)
I love justification. Yeah it's wrong but other people do it so!

Obviously Sam doesn't condone it but what are you going to do? It's not the first time nor will it be the last time. If there's snow then its as certain as death and taxes that snowballs will be thrown... People are stupid and this shouldn't be news to anyone.

mlyonsd 01-13-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14035041)
I'm guessing you were sitting decently close to the field. I'm lower level but 33 rows up, so saw snowballs dropping in front of us all night, and many looked packed pretty tight. They were always far enough away that I couldn't see what or who they hit. Regarding the public announcement, I don't remember ever hearing that before, it was definitely snowball related.

Don't kid yourself. He was probably up in the suite with the Hunt's drinking champagne.

baitism 01-13-2019 04:53 PM

These aren't just regular snowballs, they were assault snowballs.

Imon Yourside 01-13-2019 04:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fNedGhKiCTQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wazu 01-13-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 14035281)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fNedGhKiCTQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was actually somewhat educational.

Mile High Mania 01-13-2019 05:09 PM

Right now, the Patriots are securing a dozen seats for the game and paying fans to wear Mahomes jerseys and throw snowballs.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-13-2019 05:25 PM

Pat's knee concern gave hoody wood

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14035142)
Obviously Sam doesn't condone it but what are you going to do? It's not the first time nor will it be the last time. If there's snow then its as certain as death and taxes that snowballs will be thrown... People are stupid and this shouldn't be news to anyone.

I'm not sure I can remember the last time a thrown object almost interfered with a play on the field. I'm not sure I can agree with what Sam's saying here. That's the big reason this has gotten so much attention.

Simplicity 01-13-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14035405)
I'm not sure I can remember the last time a thrown object almost interfered with a play on the field. I'm not sure I can agree with what Sam's saying here. That's the big reason this has gotten so much attention.

Any game where there has been snow accumulated at the stadium.