ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Football Could the New England Patriot BE any more pathetic? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320528)

TomBarndtsTwin 01-17-2019 07:32 AM

Could the New England Patriot BE any more pathetic?

Sorry, mini rant. (realize Q and mega-thread, blah, blah, blah . . . )

Was listening to 610 on the way to work this morning and they keep talking about how 'disrespected' the Patriots players feel.

Tom Brady says they 'suck' and 'they think we can't beat anybody'. Julian Edelman is hashtagging #BetAgainstUs, printing t-shirts with this on it and selling them and posting Chiefs hype videos. And various other examples. Are you ****ing kidding me with this shit?!?

You're the freaking Patriots. You've been to 8 straight AFC Title games. The last 2 Super Bowls. You're the defending AFC Champs for gods sake. The phrase 'act like you've been there before' comes to mind. I mean, if the Chiefs were trying to pull this bullshit, I guess you could understand it a little (being that they haven't been there). But the Patsies??

If I was a Pats fan, I would be worried. My team is supposedly the greatest dynasty in modern sports time, but the players I'm rooting for are having to create these contrived narratives to properly motivate the team for the AFC Title Game?!? That just tells me they know they're about to get their asses beat and their ONLY chance is to try and create this motivational sub-plot to try and get their team to play better than they have all year to knock off the Chiefs. I mean, I guess I get why they're doing it, but it's still pretty pathetic. Especially when it's coming from the freaking Patriots of all teams. Yet another reason why all of America hates the Patriots, their cheating and their whiny bullshit tactics.

Boo-****ing-hoo. :deevee::deevee::deevee: :deevee::deevee::deevee:

(Sorry, end of rant)

Flying High D 01-17-2019 07:39 AM

“greatest dynasty in modern sports time”

Wonder how they would of handled could of played but didn’t feel it in my spirit?

chinaski 01-17-2019 07:44 AM

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing. It's backfiring on twitter too.

Rasputin 01-17-2019 07:45 AM

Why yip they can be moar pathetic, proof is by their fans that have in-fluxed this board.

MVChiefFan 01-17-2019 07:49 AM

Hopefully they talk about it so much, that they will psych themselves out, and actually suck.

TwistedChief 01-17-2019 07:51 AM

These are the hallmarks of a team on its last legs. We win Sunday and next year I'd bet they don't even make the AFCCG. Then the following year they don't make the Divisional Round. And then they go a decade without even making the playoffs.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-17-2019 07:51 AM

I don't even put this on their whiny fan base. This is all on the players.

And it's pathetic. Actually, beyond pathetic . . . .

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-17-2019 07:54 AM

Their version of “Boogie Nights”

bobbything 01-17-2019 08:05 AM

Manufacturered motivation. Now that Brady doesn’t have every national media member sucking his cawk annually, he perceives it as people thinking they “suck.”

They, as a team, really need a taste of humble pie. Just because you’re not universally accepted as the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl doesn’t mean you “suck.”

Grow up douche.

FlaChief58 01-17-2019 08:11 AM

Bunch of whiney ass little bitches

RN47 01-17-2019 08:12 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TGe6017JwPw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TambaBerry 01-17-2019 08:16 AM

is anyone actually shocked that Brady and Edelman are whiny pussies?

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01-17-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14046315)
These are the hallmarks of a team on its last legs. We win Sunday and next year I'd bet they don't even make the AFCCG. Then the following year they don't make the Divisional Round. And then they go a decade without even making the playoffs.

They could go 8-8 and still win their pathetic division so it would be pretty hard for them to not make the playoffs. This is what happens when you get a free ride to the playoffs every year. If there was another team in their division that could compete with them then we would never had to hear about the Patriot dynasty. They are a team full of spoiled brats that feel entitled to go to the Super Bowl every year and now they're getting older and they realize that their run is just about over. Nobody feels sorry for them!

BigRedChief 01-17-2019 08:24 AM

They have been to 8 straight AFCCG's. Won 5 Super Bowls during this run. The GOAT still performing as one of the top QB's in the NFL. Best coach in the NFL. Disrespect card? WTF? They must have pulled a muscle stretching to pull the disrespect card.

Reerun_KC 01-17-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14046364)
They have been to 8 straight AFCCG's. Won 5 Super Bowls during this run. The GOAT still performing as one of the top QB's in the NFL. Best coach in the NFL. Disrespect card? WTF? They must have pulled a muscle stretching to pull the disrespect card.

It’s a play to get the Refs to fell sorry for them.

notorious 01-17-2019 08:32 AM

Nobody is buying it.

Here is the truth: The only reason they are only a -3 underdog is due to mythology and emotion.

HemiEd 01-17-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14046375)
Nobody is buying it.

Here is the truth: The only reason they are only a -3 underdog is due to mythology and emotion.

Yep, should be about 7 IMO.

cabletech94 01-17-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14046365)

i know its on the site somewhere, im too lazy to look it up: who's teh ref crew for the game?
please don't let it be the "all-star team" from the rams/chefs game......please no please no pleasssse.

;)

wazu 01-17-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14046396)
i know its on the site somewhere, im too lazy to look it up: who's teh ref crew for the game?
please don't let it be the "all-star team" from the rams/chefs game......please no please no pleasssse.

;)

It’s the same head ref from that game, but I think it’s his usual crew. Their stats for games called appear to be pretty even-handed.

patteeu 01-17-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14046364)

Can we stop calling Tom Brady GOAT? It's time to accept that there's a new sheriff in town.

chinaski 01-17-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14046397)
It’s the same head ref from that game, but I think it’s his usual crew. Their stats for games called appear to be pretty even-handed.

Somebody also posted this is the ref that blew the whole deflategate thing wide open. :clap:

jjchieffan 01-17-2019 09:06 AM

Too bad the Chiefs didn't beat them week 6. That loss would have put them playing wildcard weekend as the 3 seed, hosting the Colts. I bet that they wouldn't even be playing in the AFCCG if that had happened.

BigRedChief 01-17-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 14046401)
Can we stop calling Tom Brady GOAT? It's time to accept that there's a new sheriff in town.

He's the GOAT. Mahomes is the better QB now, but he's not the GOAT. He plays like this for 7-10 years, thats another thing.

Back on topic

Edleman wearing bet against us shirt. Trying to push #betagainstus

fan4ever 01-17-2019 09:48 AM

It's likely just a coincidence but every time I turn on the radio in my car it's about this BS...or what Philly is going to do with Foles...or whether Jones should have kept his HC in Dallas. Swear to God, the Chiefs get any air time compared to big market teams that AREN'T EVEN IN THE HUNT anymore. Incredible.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2019 09:57 AM

For being a fan base that's spoiled rotten by winning teams, you will never see fans more desperate to let you know how sorry you should feel for them.

They're a few points underdogs on the road. Almost nobody in the media is saying the Pats are going to roll over and die.

threebag 01-17-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

All-Star Cast Refs

InChiefsHeaven 01-17-2019 10:07 AM

Nothing like a little manufactured outrage...these guys are pitiful...

Imon Yourside 01-17-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Head ref's home winning percentage is the lowest among refs at 37.3% home winners.

T-post Tom 01-17-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14046405)
Somebody also posted this is the ref that blew the whole deflategate thing wide open. :clap:

Yep, but Brady found a place to hide the illegal balls this time (not on his chin)....

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/...0&h=600&crop=1

chefsos 01-17-2019 10:18 AM

All this bullshit prompted the most passive-aggressive article I've seen in some time. It's kind of funny.

Quote:

"We're the underdogs, so we're going to jump on that train and roll with it," said Edelman, who is selling shirts that say "Bet Against Us," which are 100 percent genuine and certainly not an effort make money off Pats fans.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-card-nfl-2018

Mecca 01-17-2019 10:30 AM

It's a function of them trying to give themselves something to play for. I think it speaks to the fact that after this many title games in a row they are struggling to get up for them every year.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14046405)

Speaking of air pressure, I sure hope Andy double checks with the refs that they(footballs) are at regulation pressure since it will be in the low teens on Sunday.:shrug:

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14046602)
Nothing like a little manufactured outrage...these guys are pitiful...

It's what happens when Bellichek finally burns you out on winning. Just ask Amendola,Welker,Gronk.......etc:D

Amnorix 01-17-2019 10:36 AM

Yeah, it's hilarious/ridiculous. In some degree of fairness to them, the media up here has been crucifying them all year because they weren't the usual, dominating, #1 seed, team we've been spoiled by all these years. To turn it into "everyone thinks we suck" is like 20 bridges too far.

But hey, if it motivates them, whatever. And if it pisses off others, that's ok too. :D

htismaqe 01-17-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 14046644)
which are 100 percent genuine and certainly not an effort make money off Pats fans.

ROFL

Do they actually believe this crap? Do they actually believe everybody ELSE believes it?

Amnorix 01-17-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14046686)
Speaking of air pressure, I sure hope Andy double checks with the refs that they(footballs) are at regulation pressure since it will be in the low teens on Sunday.:shrug:

Due to the immutable laws of physics, the balls will not in fact be at regulation pressure by halftime. Too bad the ****ing NFL doesn't understand that.

King_Chief_Fan 01-17-2019 10:38 AM

I guess they didn't see that Colin Cowerd said that home field advantage has been wiped out and the cold temps will favor the Pat's :)

Amnorix 01-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14046704)
ROFL

Do they actually believe this crap? Do they actually believe everybody ELSE believes it?

Who cares. It's a WAAAY better mentality for them to have than "we're the ****ing Patriots, bow down to us and acknowledge that we're going to the Super Bowl and nobody can stop us!!! WE'RE THE ****ING GREATEST WITH THE GOAT COACH AND GOAT QB!!!!!!"

That type of complacency/ mindset gets your ass smoked.

htismaqe 01-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14046720)
Who cares. It's a WAAAY better mentality for them to have than "we're the ****ing Patriots, bow down to us and acknowledge that we're going to the Super Bowl and nobody can stop us!!! WE'RE THE ****ING GREATEST WITH THE GOAT COACH AND GOAT QB!!!!!!"

How about just not say anything at all?

Amnorix 01-17-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14046724)
How about just not say anything at all?

If Brady and Jules think that that shit will help motivate his teammates one iota, then go for it. Why the hell not?

Rodney Harrison rode that horse into the ground but it seemingly helped them win a SB in 2004.

One thing matters here -- WINNING. They can say whatever they want and if it helps them win, I couldn't care less.

htismaqe 01-17-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14046738)
If Brady and Jules think that that shit will help motivate his teammates one iota, then go for it. Why the hell not?

Because it's hilariously pathetic. And if that kind of crap actually has the ability to motivate the Patriots, it has the ability to motivate the Chiefs too. Seems it might be better to just focus on something other than social media.

Mecca 01-17-2019 10:47 AM

This really speaks as pathetic and entitled. Who flips their shit because they aren't 10 point favorites? Hell a lot of the media is still picking the Patriots to win where is the disrespect?

It's a made up narrative that no one believes.

Bearcat 01-17-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14046720)

Black and white Planet.... really though, "bet against us"/"everyone thinks we suck" probably does stem from arrogance, it's just an incredibly passive aggressive way of showing it.

Beef Supreme 01-17-2019 11:03 AM

Less than 100% agreement that the Patriots will dominate is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

DrunkBassGuitar 01-17-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Dont stop I'm almost there

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14046707)
Due to the immutable laws of physics, the balls will not in fact be at regulation pressure by halftime. Too bad the ****ing NFL doesn't understand that.

You mean they(NFL) can't have a person designated to make sure the footballs are at regulated air pressure all game ?? Please !!!:rolleyes: You know having a person with an air gauge and pump standing next to the ball boy all game ??

That's very doable Anorexia:shrug:

Amnorix 01-17-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14046824)
You mean they(NFL) can't have a person designated to make sure the footballs are at regulated air pressure all game ?? Please !!!:rolleyes: You know having a person with an air gauge and pump standing next to the ball boy all game ??

:rolleyes: And yet they don't do that. They supposedly implemented a random testing policy, and yet they refuse to release any results from any of those tests that they did, or did not, take. What they CAN do and what they ACTUALLY do, are two very different things.

It appears pretty clear, however, that once again having won their power struggle against the NFLPA over the Commissioner's power/authority, they're very happy to let the entire topic die now that they better understand the ideal gas law.

Amnorix 01-17-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14046824)

Actually, it's also easier than this. Pressure is lost as temperature declines. If the outside temperature is 20 degrees, then all you need to do is inflate the balls to proper pressure in a 20 degree environment so no pressure is lost transitioning from the locker room to the field.

They may do this now, though I haven't heard a single word about any changes in the approach to football preparation on game day to ensure air pressure integrity.

ChiTown 01-17-2019 11:24 AM

It seems like they are trying to generate some sort of angle to keep their edge going. Seems weird to me, but whatever.

The Pats and their fans can all EABOD's. They are surrendering their crown Sunday night.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14046895)
It seems like they are trying to generate so sort of angle to keep their edge going. Seems weird to me, but whatever.

The Pats and their fans can all EABOD's. They are surrendering their crown Sunday night.

Just anxiety rearing it's head coming from both the fan base and players knowing they will be getting a pure ass kicking for sure.;)

203Pat 01-17-2019 11:42 AM

Whining about the Patriots whining about not getting respect.

kysirsoze 01-17-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 203Pat (Post 14046953)

Naw, just laughing at them. WTF hasn't this dipshit been rompered yet?

Simply Red 01-17-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

yip

203Pat 01-17-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14046956)
Naw, just laughing at them. WTF hasn't this dipshit been rompered yet?

This is what the second thread on this? That’s a lot of laughing.

kysirsoze 01-17-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 203Pat (Post 14046991)
This is what the second thread on this? That’s a lot of laughing.

Yeah. It's REALLY ****ing pathetic. Can't wait to see a few #betagainstus shirts at Arrowhead. The trolling will be glorious.

203Pat 01-17-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14047007)
Yeah. It's REALLY ****ing pathetic. Can't wait to see a few #betagainstus shirts at Arrowhead. The trolling will be glorious.

He sold BeatLA shirts last week too. In all honesty I have no idea how he could get them all shipped out in time for Sunday.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-17-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 203Pat (Post 14046953)

We're football fans on an internet billboard.

The players are professionals that get paid a lot of money to do their jobs.

I can't help you if you don't see the difference there . . . . .

203Pat 01-17-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 14047103)
We're football fans on an internet billboard.

The players are professionals that get paid a lot of money to do their jobs.

I can't help you if you don't see the difference there . . . . .

You need to manufacture slights when aside from a few shock jocks no one is really doubting you.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-17-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 203Pat (Post 14047114)
You need to manufacture slights when aside from a few shock jocks no one is really doubting you.

Fair enough.

At least you're acknowledging it for what it really is . . . . .

Doesn't make it any less pathetic, though.

Beef Supreme 01-17-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 203Pat (Post 14047063)
He sold BeatLA shirts last week too. In all honesty I have no idea how he could get them all shipped out in time for Sunday.

Well, at least he has a fallback career.

KChiefs1 01-17-2019 12:32 PM

Desperation

MahiMike 01-17-2019 12:40 PM

First time in 65 games they haven't been favored. 65! This fan base is in its beginning stages of withdrawal from the top of the league.

Pablo 01-17-2019 01:07 PM

No. And Brady couldn't have any more of a little bitch arm.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14046308)
Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing. It's backfiring on twitter too.

Good. Thank God. I hope the Chiefs just tear these ****ers throats out.

Dalton-style.

htismaqe 01-17-2019 04:56 PM

It will certainly look a lot more pathetic on Monday, after they've lost.