ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody else buy Superbowl tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320603)

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:01 PM

Anybody else buy Superbowl tickets?

I pulled the trigger at NFLonlocation.com... Comes with a pregame all-inclusive party and meet and greets of HOF players legends of both teams, figured I can probably break even if we don't fulfill the prophecy.

Section 306 Row 5... There is a 20% "convenience" fee... :rolleyes:, but they are certified from the NFL and were actually the cheapest I could find for the quality. If the Saints make it, they are predicting very high prices. The Chiefs and Pats are a wash according to the experts. The Rams are the wild card on prices.

007 01-18-2019 11:03 PM

So now we know you have a lot of money.

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 11:04 PM

I couldnt suck enough dicks to afford those tickets

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14051486)
So now we know you have a lot of money.

I do OK, but this is something I promised my son I was going to do with him since he was 4, he's 25 now, and I started a fund when Andy came to town hoping this would happen... I also booked a hotel with points a couple of months ago when we looked good, and we will drive to Atlanta or fly into Nashville and drive, which is much more affordable. This is probably a once in a lifetime splurge, and life's short.

I shared the site, because if the Chiefs and Saints are the match-up, tickets will go crazy, and I think you could do OK and get your $ back if the unthinkable happens and the Chiefs lose Sunday...

philfree 01-18-2019 11:21 PM

I've been pricing them. It ain't a hard drive.

007 01-18-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051496)
I do OK, but this is something I promised my son I was going to do with him since he was 4, he's 25 now, and I started a fund when Andy came to town hoping this would happen... I also booked a hotel with points a couple of months ago when we looked good, and we will drive to Atlanta or fly into Nashville and drive, which is much more affordable. This is probably a once in a lifetime splurge, and life's short.

I shared the site, because if the Chiefs and Saints are the match-up, tickets will go crazy, and I think you could do OK and get your $ back if the unthinkable happens and the Chiefs lose Sunday...

I'm just giving you shit. I could never justify the expense of attending a superbowl. Maybe 20 years ago but no chance now.

stevieray 01-18-2019 11:23 PM

I'm hoping for a Nzoner Super Bowl Watch Party

MatriculatingHank 01-18-2019 11:24 PM

I'd be interested in going to a Chiefs tailgating party close to the stadium.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14051503)
I'm just giving you shit. I could never justify the expense of attending a superbowl. Maybe 20 years ago but no chance now.

I know, I just remember the days of having the tinfoil on the radio antenna in Eastern Iowa listening to the Chiefs on Sunday usually getting beat with Mike Livingston at the helm and hoping that eventually they would do good enough to get their helmet and uniform in the JC Penny or Sears catalogue...:D

It's a lifelong dream... I was 4 in 1970...

007 01-18-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051511)
I know, I just remember the days of having the tinfoil on the radio antenna in Eastern Iowa listening to the Chiefs on Sunday usually getting beat with Mike Livingston at the helm and hoping that eventually they would do good enough to get their helmet and uniform in the JC Penny or Sears catalogue...:D

Its really sad how they have priced the average fan out of superbowl. Now its all about the celebs and whos attending.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14051505)

How the Super Bowl should be watched.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14051516)
Its really sad how they have priced the average fan out of superbowl. Now its all about the celebs and whos attending.

I agree, shit, I can't believe what the AFCCG tickets are for Sunday... That's what made be think I better jump in now.

Reerun_KC 01-18-2019 11:35 PM

I did last year when everyone her was licking Alex Smith hose. Had hotels etc. sold all of them when alex Went full Alex.

But QBR. /cp

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14051520)
I did last year when everyone her was licking Alex Smith hose. Had hotels etc. sold all of them when alex Went full Alex.

But QBR. /cp

Minny would have been so much better...

Reerun_KC 01-18-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051524)

Yeah wasn’t interested when Alex quit on his team.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14051526)
Yeah wasn’t interested when Alex quit on his team.

Agree, the Mahomes era is such a better vibe...:)

Reerun_KC 01-18-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051531)
Agree, the Mahomes era is such a better vibe...:)

Now having watch party at home. Much cheaper.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14051535)
Now having watch party at home. Much cheaper.

No doubt. This is a once in a lifetime top of the bucket list item...

BWillie 01-19-2019 01:10 AM

Thinking about going - how much are the tickets going to be? If I could get some for $1,000 a pop - I would def be in. But I've heard 5k min for prior super bowls.

MatriculatingHank 01-19-2019 01:20 AM

$3500 for nose bleed sections

suzzer99 01-19-2019 01:26 AM

Damn. I would like to see a Superbowl once in my life. But that's just crazy. I wonder if cheap singles tend to come on the market at the last minute.

I just lost $1k in Vegas playing poker. At one point I was up about $2k and if my semi-bluff had hit I'd have been up right about $3500. I'd probably be blowing it on coming back for the Championship game instead though.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 04:10 AM

Nah. I'll buy them when we make it. With the 20% vig, I think it'll be difficult for you to breakeven tbh. The way I see it, I'll be more than happy to spend the money when we win. If we lose, selling the tickets will be one fewer thing to worry about. In my world, they call that wrong-way risk.

Right now, I think the tickets you're seeing on the sites are coming from Falcons fans and the NFL itself. They obviously haven't distributed the tickets to the (lucky) STHs from the teams and the friends/family of the organization, so supply I believe should go up notably.

See you there!

Why Not? 01-19-2019 04:53 AM

Quote:

and I started a fund when Andy came to town hoping this would happen..

This is smart. That’s probably the way to do it. I’ve got a couple of long shot irons in the fire to get some tickets at a decent price and if any of those actually come through, I’d consider it. I’m not sure. I kinda see it like not going is an emotional max protect. If the Chiefs win, and I’m not there, I’ll be ecstatic anyway. If I go and they lose, I think the bummer of that would supersede the excitement of being there. I’ll tell you this much, if they win it all you can bet my ass will be at Arrowhead come the second Thursday in September.

Nzoner 01-19-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14051505)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14051517)
How the Super Bowl should be watched.

We were just talking about this and how RSVP's would be an absolute must as I couldn't take a chance on having too many people.

Nzoner 01-19-2019 05:20 AM

As someone who's been fortunate enough to attend two Superbowls XXII and XXVI I can tell you the week leading up in the host city is a blast as well.

If I can give any advice to anyone planning on going and finding tickets there DO NOT WEAR YOUR TEAM LOGOS/COLORS WHEN LOOKING FOR TICKETS.I'm sure some things have changed since those days but we were able to get tickets for both above Superbowls on the day of the game.

Bwana 01-19-2019 07:41 AM

Good for you, I hope you and your son have a great time.

RollChiefsRoll 01-19-2019 07:48 AM

Good lord, $3500. My wife would castrate me.

Hamwallet 01-19-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

The drive from Nashville to Atlanta is badass. Make time to stop for lunch in Chattanooga. I wish I could find a good job in that town. I love Chattanooga.

bdj23 01-19-2019 09:11 AM

Can't afford those

Bewbies 01-19-2019 09:13 AM

I just drove up to Des Moines at Christmas. It’s maybe 14 hours or so.

If you can’t fly to ATL cause too pricey, look at Chattanooga over Nashville. A lot closer.

There is a ton going on here that week, damn I cannot wait for the party this will be with my team in town!

ptlyon 01-19-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051488)
I couldnt suck enough dicks to afford those tickets

I bet you could

Bewbies 01-19-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 14051737)
The drive from Nashville to Atlanta is badass. Make time to stop for lunch in Chattanooga. I wish I could find a good job in that town. I love Chattanooga.

Chattanooga might be the best city in the country if you want all the things that come from living in a huge city, but you want to live in a small one.

You’re like an hour or two from Nashville, Atlanta and Knoxville, which is over 1.5m people too.

Super cool town, and no income tax.

ptlyon 01-19-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

OK

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051511)

Wait. What?

BigRedChief 01-19-2019 09:39 AM

I’ve been to a SuperBowl, it’s not that great. All the ancillary stuff is good. But, your not surrounded by your own fans. It’s corporate. Business and rich people. I’d rather watch the game surrounded by my fellow hard core Chief fans.

mlyonsd 01-19-2019 09:42 AM

Ticket prices for SB I were $12.

Here's an old article with an old chart but it's interesting none the less.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-b...storical-look/

RollChiefsRoll 01-19-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14051826)
I’ve been to a SuperBowl, it’s not that great. All the ancillary stuff is good. But, your not surrounded by your own fans. It’s corporate. Business and rich people. I’d rather watch the game surrounded by my fellow hard core Chief fans.

This is precisely why I think instead of breaking the bank for SB tickets I’m just going to fly home and watch the game in Westport. Imagine the party in KC that night if the Chiefs win...

Edit to add: no jinxing bad juju here—we of course need to beat the bitch ass Pats first.

luv 01-19-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 14051737)

Probably my favorite place I've visited.

Nzoner 01-19-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14051826)

As a Chiefs fan I was at XXII and watching Doug Williams and the Redskins dismantle Elway and the donks was GREAT!!

gblowfish 01-19-2019 10:31 AM

Can I have $100?

Chief_For_Life58 01-19-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051482)
I pulled the trigger at NFLonlocation.com... Comes with a pregame all-inclusive party and meet and greets of HOF players legends of both teams, figured I can probably break even if we don't fulfill the prophecy.

Section 306 Row 5... There is a 20% "convenience" fee... :rolleyes:, but they are certified from the NFL and were actually the cheapest I could find for the quality. If the Saints make it, they are predicting very high prices. The Chiefs and Pats are a wash according to the experts. The Rams are the wild card on prices.

I'll go if we win. Probably drive. Watching it in Westport though would be pretty awesome but it's a once in a lifetime thing to watch this shit franchise play in a superbowl lol

wazu 01-19-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14051650)
Nah. I'll buy them when we make it. With the 20% vig, I think it'll be difficult for you to breakeven tbh. The way I see it, I'll be more than happy to spend the money when we win. If we lose, selling the tickets will be one fewer thing to worry about. In my world, they call that wrong-way risk.

Right now, I think the tickets you're seeing on the sites are coming from Falcons fans and the NFL itself. They obviously haven't distributed the tickets to the (lucky) STHs from the teams and the friends/family of the organization, so supply I believe should go up notably.

See you there!

Woah woah woah! What?! They offer to STHs?

OnTheWarpath15 01-19-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14051935)

There is a lottery for STH's.

stevieray 01-19-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

yup, you wake up the next day with an email from the Chiefs.....:eek:

displacedinMN 01-19-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051524)

I would have been there and let Chiefs fans stay at my house

Time's Yours 01-19-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14051650)

Unless you're buying from NFL on location, you're buying tickets that don't yet exist. ESPN has a story on it I can't link. It's all speculation.

penguinz 01-19-2019 11:22 AM

I can’t think of a bigger waste of $ than attending a super bowl game. Festivities leading up to it would be a better bang for your $.

Actual game is so much better at home or bar.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14051798)
OK

Wait. What?

My son is 25, I have told him since he was 4 we would go to the Superbowl if the Chiefs won the AFC. It is on my bucket list because I became a Chiefs fan in the early 70's when I was 5. Make sense now?

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14052011)
I can’t think of a bigger waste of $ than attending a super bowl game. Festivities leading up to it would be a better bang for your $.

Actual game is so much better at home or bar.

This is a bucket list thing for me and I am at a point in my life where I comfortable and special time and memories with my kids are hard to beat. I'm taking my daughter to the game Sunday, I could watch it at home, but we wouldn't talk about it 10 years from now. The Superbowl we would, but not in the same way as if we were there, win or lose. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan as well and never went to a bowl because they meant nothing. The only post season game I've went to for the Hawks was the Big 10 Championship vs. MSU, because something was on the line. I look at my friends who've went to bowl games almost every year and this purchase makes a little more sense with the spend.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

https://entertainment.howstuffworks....l-tickets1.htm

Quote:

Your best chance for buying a face-value ticket to the Super Bowl is to be a season ticket holder with an NFL team. If your team is actually playing in the Super Bowl, even better. That's because the NFL divvies up 75 percent of all Super Bowl tickets to each team in the league using the following math:

17.5 percent to the AFC champion
17.5 percent to the NFC champion
6.2 percent to the host team
33.6 percent are distributed among the remaining 28 teams (1.2 percent per team)
The remaining 25.2 percent of all Super Bowl tickets are controlled by the NFL and sold to various partners, sponsors, media and networks [source: Goldberg].

Not all of the Super Bowl tickets allocated to each team are sold to season ticket holders. Many will go to players and their friends and family. The remaining tickets are put into a lottery that randomly picks a lucky season ticket holder.

Why Not? 01-19-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14052070)
This is a bucket list thing for me and I am at a point in my life where I comfortable and special time and memories with my kids are hard to beat. I'm taking my daughter to the game Sunday, I could watch it at home, but we wouldn't talk about it 10 years from now. The Superbowl we would, but not in the same way as if we were there, win or lose. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan as well and never went to a bowl because they meant nothing. The only post season game I've went to for the Hawks was the Big 10 Championship vs. MSU, because something was on the line. I look at my friends who've went to bowl games almost every year and this purchase makes a little more sense with the spend.

My dad took me when I was 19. Steelers vs Cowboys. We could give a **** about either team but he had an opportunity to get two 20 yard line 5th row seats for $1,500 total so we went. It’s an awesome memory. In some ways, I’m glad it was teams I didn’t care about because it was stress free. When I went to game 2 of the ‘14 WS, I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Have a blast

Bewbies 01-19-2019 12:44 PM

If you want to go to the SB go. Who gives a shit what some rando on the inter webs thinks?

I live in ATL. I’m going to look around for tickets next week, doubtful I’ll go though. For me, I’d rather go to Europe, Hawaii or Japan or something for a week or two. But damn I’m gonna party during the run up to the game. Which reminds me. Need to get Foo Fighters tix.

jspchief 01-19-2019 12:51 PM

So many people respond to this sort of thing with comments about having a better view from their couch etc. No one goes to this sort of thing for the view. It's a ****ing experience. An atmosphere. Yeah I can get better sound quality listening to an mp3 file on my computer, but that doesn't mean it's a better experience than going to a concert (for some people).

Good on you for getting the tickets. I'm considering doing the same, but likely won't due to who would go with me. For the people that have whatever reason for not going, that's their prerogative but they sure as hell have no good reason for trying to bring you down.

Once in a lifetime moment with your son.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BWillie 01-19-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 14052216)
So many people respond to this sort of thing with comments about having a better view from their couch etc. No one goes to this sort of thing for the view. It's a ****ing experience. An atmosphere. Yeah I can get better sound quality listening to an mp3 file on my computer, but that doesn't mean it's a better experience than going to a concert (for some people).

Good on you for getting the tickets. I'm considering doing the same, but likely won't due to who would go with me. For the people that have whatever reason for not going, that's their prerogative but they sure as hell have no good reason for trying to bring you down.

I used to have season tickets to the Chiefs - for years. I get a much better view at home and can see what is happening. There were great times to be had - but you get way way more information and a better viewing angle from at home.

The only advantage by going to the game is you think every guy is open and you can see deep plays develop easier.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14052182)
My dad took me when I was 19. Steelers vs Cowboys. We could give a **** about either team but he had an opportunity to get two 20 yard line 5th row seats for $1,500 total so we went. It’s an awesome memory. In some ways, I’m glad it was teams I didn’t care about because it was stress free. When I went to game 2 of the ‘14 WS, I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Have a blast

I took my son to the '14 WS game 2 as well. Nervous, but we had a great time and great memories. Yordano's pitched well (RIP), and it was a great game.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 14052216)

Don't worry, no one's bring me down and I respect someone who thinks it foolish. I'm just excited and hope we take care of business tomorrow. Can't wait to get down there!

Why Not? 01-19-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14052352)
I took my son to the '14 WS game 2 as well. Nervous, but we had a great time and great memories. Yordano's pitched well (RIP), and it was a great game.

Indeed.

hometeam 01-19-2019 02:39 PM

I was in the financial situation a few months ago where i told myself I would for sure go.

Then i decided to drop 5 grand more into my race car... so ill have to skip it.

Next year.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14052434)
I was in the financial situation a few months ago where i told myself I would for sure go.

Then i decided to drop 5 grand more into my race car... so ill have to skip it.

Next year.

Sounds like money well spent, racing has to be a blast.

IA_Chiefs_fan 01-19-2019 09:24 PM

I have airfare and hotel booked for my 21 YO son and me. I'm hoping like hell that I'm one of the season ticket holders selected. I wonder if the fact that I have eight seats increases the odds over someone with two seats??

If the Chiefs don't win tomorrow we won't go. But we're gonna win!

crispystl 01-19-2019 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=IowaHawkeyeChief;14051482]I pulled the trigger at NFLonlocation.com... Comes with a pregame all-inclusive party and meet and greets of HOF players legends of both teams, figured I can probably break even if we don't fulfill the prophecy.

I know this may sound odd but the AFC championship game has always been the fish I wanted to fry. I dont have much beef with the NFC teams. Plus it our ****ing trophy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wutamess 01-19-2019 10:01 PM

I'm going solo into the game (a caravan says they're going to go down there). I promised my dad I'd take us both if we made it. I'll bring some of his ashes with me into the stadium and disperse of them there. Promise fulfilled. I know it'll be better on T.V. but YOLO!

I'm waiting to buy my ticket because I've been reading that the week before the SB is the best time to go.