ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322375)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-17-2019 08:49 AM

Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt &#39;shaded&#39; by Chiefs fans, KC&#39;s predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. &quot;You have to switch it up. It&#39;s the National Football League.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX">https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1118513387409936384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."

Titty Meat 04-17-2019 08:50 AM

He sucked

kcpasco 04-17-2019 08:50 AM

He must have not gotten the memo that the fans hated Sutton also.

Sorry 04-17-2019 08:50 AM

He's not wrong lol

TambaBerry 04-17-2019 08:51 AM

maybe dont grab and turn your head

DJ's left nut 04-17-2019 08:52 AM

That's pretty much the most predictable response in football history.

Guy's had a massive chip on his shoulder his entire career. Was there any doubt that he'd throw shade this way when he left? Including some shots at the fans? He had no problem tossing veiled barbs at fans/coaches while he was HERE so of course he is gonna do so after he's gone.

Nelson was a fine player when he was cheap. Now he's not and it was time to move on. Whatever - go be a bristling asshole somewhere else.

TLO 04-17-2019 08:56 AM

Maybe if he'd learn to turn his head he'd be better off.

Red Dawg 04-17-2019 08:58 AM

He dead right. Even though we cut our pass rush we will be better all around. Spags has a much better staff. Game planning will be much better. Many times it looked like we had no plan.

DJ's left nut 04-17-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14210384)
He dead right. Even though we cut our pass rush we will be better all around. Spags has a much better staff. Game planning will be much better. Many times it looked like we had no plan.

Sure he is.

But you know what? That coordinator gave you your shot. That coordinator is the reason you were a starting NFL cornerback and he put you on an island and let you succeed or fail.

Steven Nelson is a very wealthy man in no small part because of Bob Sutton. And he'll almost certainly play worse in Pittsburgh than he played in '18 and '16 here in Kansas City.

Dude - you got paid. You're starting for a marquis NFL franchise. ****ing quit your bitching about your former employer and go play football. It's just a ridiculously petty thing to do from a guy who's shown that streak his whole career.

Eleazar 04-17-2019 09:06 AM

Congrats, Nelson. Playing in a scheme that is less demanding of cornerbacks is probably the right situation for you.

staylor26 04-17-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14210390)
Sure he is.

But you know what? That coordinator gave you your shot. That coordinator is the reason you were a starting NFL cornerback and he put you on an island and let you succeed or fail.

Steven Nelson is a very wealthy man in no small part because of Bob Sutton. And he'll almost certainly play worse in Pittsburgh than he played in '18 and '16 here in Kansas City.

Dude - you got paid. You're starting for a marquis NFL franchise. ****ing quit your bitching about your former employer and go play football. It's just a ridiculously petty thing to do from a guy who's shown that streak his whole career.

This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

You can tell this dude reads ALL the comments on his social media posts.

Baby Lee 04-17-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14210390)
marquis NFL franchise

That is one damned delightful typo!!

Like a fresh cup of coffee at the Double-R Diner.

Iowanian 04-17-2019 09:10 AM

Oooooor....Maybe you're made of glass and about half shitty?

I'm fine being the prototype of the fan that never liked nelson.

Halfcan 04-17-2019 09:12 AM

Nelson is perfect for the whiney little bitch Steelers. Hard to believe they gave him that big of a contract. I hope they love all the P I calls he will be getting.

I really can't stand players like this. Instead of saying he learned a lot and appreciates the opportunity to play here, he predictable blames coaches and fans for his poor performance. Glad he is gone.

O.city 04-17-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210400)
This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

Brady still has a chip on his shoulder. Kobe always did, etc.

Not that Mayfield will ever be on that level, but whatever a guy has to do to get his head right and be motivated is kind of his own thing.

Eleazar 04-17-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

This.

I'll never understand why people harass their own team's players on social media when they screw up. Do you want your team's players to hate your fans? Do you want to sow division and discord among the players you expect to close ranks every week and battle together? Do you think some fat middle-aged turd telling a professional football player they are garbage is going to accomplish anything?

Nelson sucked here, obviously, but why do fans attempt to get in their own players' faces and tear them down?

This is like when rioters show their frustration with police or city hall or whomever by burning down their own neighborhoods.

eDave 04-17-2019 09:15 AM

Just pissed he won't be on the team winning the Superbowl this season.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-17-2019 09:17 AM

Did Peters ever trash this franchise on the way out?

chiefzilla1501 04-17-2019 09:18 AM

Meh. I don't care that he's gone. But if it adds fuel to the fire that Sutton was an incompetent boob, great. Even our veterans looked like lambs walking into certain slaughter. Hopefully he's right and some of our players are much better than what they were allowed to show under Sutton.

staylor26 04-17-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14210421)
I'll never understand why people harass their own team's players on social media when they screw up. Do you want your team's players to hate your fans? Do you want to sow division and discord among the players you expect to close ranks every week and battle together? Do you think some fat middle-aged turd telling a professional football player they are garbage is going to accomplish anything?

Nelson sucked here, obviously, but why do fans attempt to get in their own players' faces and tear them down?

This is like when rioters show their frustration with police or city hall or whomever by burning down their own neighborhoods.

They’re losers, but this is not in any way exclusive to Chiefs fans.

Naptown Chief 04-17-2019 09:24 AM

Did this piece of shit man up and take responsibility for his very 'meh' career thus far?

Simply Red 04-17-2019 09:27 AM

CHUT UP STEVE!

ChiefBlueCFC 04-17-2019 09:33 AM

We all knew that Sutton was awful and refused to adapt. This just confirms it, and a lot of fans did target him, whether it was justified or not. But I'm pretty sure if you played in the Chiefs' secondary, you were targeted by fans bc you all played like ****ing garbage as a group. ****ing garbage is putting it nicely, too.

ChiTown 04-17-2019 09:34 AM

He's 100% right. He's also 100% an asshole. You got paid way more than you deserve. Shut your mouf, and move on, douche.

saphojunkie 04-17-2019 09:35 AM

Steven Nelson should have learned to turn the other cheek.

eDave 04-17-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14210470)
Steven Nelson should have learned to turn the other cheek.

Pretty good.

FloridaMan88 04-17-2019 09:44 AM

Steven Nelson is a flaming dumpster fire of fail.

The fact he feels "shaded" by Chiefs fans is hilarious considering in pretty much any other city he would have been mercifully booed even worse for his shitty play and getting constantly called for pass interference/holding.

ToxSocks 04-17-2019 09:44 AM

DJ already covered everything i had to say. Nelson has always had a shitty, blameless attitude.

Players will sometimes take jabs at their former team to pass blame for why it did't work out. This guy was always going to do this. As expected.

sedated 04-17-2019 09:44 AM

Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong. Fans never know what's going on in the locker room.

I'm sure everyone will jump on him for "trashing" the fans/franchise, but saying players become a target for fan hatred because they are put in position to fail isn't exactly wrong. Fans are dumb lunatic assholes. Go look at any player's twitter feed and imagine dealing with that much vitriol directed at you for trying to do your job.

FloridaMan88 04-17-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 14210488)
Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong. Fans never know what's going on in the locker room.

I'm sure everyone will jump on him for "trashing" the fans/franchise, but saying players become a target for fan hatred because they are put in position to fail isn't exactly wrong. Fans are dumb lunatic assholes. Go look at any player's twitter feed and imagine dealing with that much vitriol directed at you for trying to do your job.

That comes with the territory of being a millionaire professional athlete in the 21st century. If Nelson doesn't want the scrutiny he can go get a job at CVS.

Also if Nelson thought that KC fans were tough, he hasn't seen anything yet.

Wait until he sees how Steelers Nation reacts when he blows games with his garbage play, his momentum killing penalties, etc.

ToxSocks 04-17-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 14210488)

It's scapegoating, dude. Yes, Sutton was something awful.

That doesn't excuse him for being one of the most penalized corners in the league or failing to get his head around, or dropping INT's.

He had an average/slightly above average '18. Great for him. We watched him for 3 prior years be below average to sometimes bad.

RunKC 04-17-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

This.

Don’t like Baker either but that’s what makes him so good. People have been assholes to him his whole life telling him he can’t do anything and now he’s got a big ego because he proved them wrong.

It’s like the average guy getting turned down by hot women all his life, then finally finds a way to date them. That changes shit psychologically. That dopamine rush makes you cocky.

Hate to say it but he’s gonna be good. He’s gonna be there with Pat at the top of the AFC for a long time. Can’t believe that guy broke the roookie TD record for Cleveland. ****ing Cleveland.

FAX 04-17-2019 10:04 AM

This love/hate relationship between players and fans is fascinating. Players seem to relish the adoration they receive from fans but are often simultaneously sensitive to criticism.

It doesn't bother me that a guy like Nelson would "feel" as though he was underappreciated in KC. What bothers me is the fact that he was so overappreciated.

I call it the Ragland Effect.

FAX

staylor26 04-17-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14210517)
Don’t like Baker either but that’s what makes him so good. People have been assholes to him his whole life telling him he can’t do anything and now he’s got a big ego because he proved them wrong.

It’s like the average guy getting turned down by hot women all his life, then finally finds a way to date them. That changes shit psychologically. That dopamine rush makes you cocky.

Hate to say it but he’s gonna be good. He’s gonna be there with Pat at the top of the AFC for a long time. Can’t believe that guy broke the roookie TD record for Cleveland. ****ing Cleveland.

The guy hasn’t faced any adversity yet and had no expectations last year. 90% of the media sucks his dick but he feels the need to speak out about the 10% that don’t. What’s he going to do when the rest of the media is being critical now that there are legitimately high expectations? He’s proven absolutely nothing to put him up there with Pat yet.

He was the Heisman trophy winner and the #1 overall pick. He’s no longer an underdog. He can stop acting like he is.

Kman34 04-17-2019 10:08 AM

He couldn’t cover my Grandpas dick without grabbing it.. Not going to miss that POS celebrating while a flag flys behind him for holding..

Dunerdr 04-17-2019 10:08 AM

hes been bashing bob and kc on twitter for weeks. going rounds with fans and shit. hes a trash human being who may not have seen much time if wed signed breeland last season.

TribalElder 04-17-2019 10:09 AM

wonder what he will say after getting torched on the steelers

O.city 04-17-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210533)
The guy hasn’t faced any adversity yet and had no expectations last year. 90% of the media sucks his dick but he feels the need to speak out about the 10% that don’t. What’s he going to do when the rest of the media is being critical now that there are legitimately high expectations? He’s proven absolutely nothing to put him up there with Pat yet.

He was the Heisman trophy winner and the #1 overall pick. He’s no longer an underdog. He can stop acting like he is.

Hasn't faced adversity? He's in Cleveland and started under Hue Jackson. I mean, I don't really know what else there is to call that.

He set the rookie QB record for throwing TD passes. I'm pretty sure he's proven to be a young up and coming QB that could contend to be right there with the best in the NFL if his developmental curve stays that way.

I get not liking him personally, but damn.

And Brady has won a million superbowls yet he's still salty. If it drives them, it drives them.

ToxSocks 04-17-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210553)
And Brady has won a million superbowls yet he's still salty. If it drives them, it drives them.

It drives some of them. Others, it's a distraction. Look at Nelson. It clearly weighed on him. That had to have an effect on his preparation and effort.

staylor26 04-17-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210553)
Hasn't faced adversity? He's in Cleveland and started under Hue Jackson. I mean, I don't really know what else there is to call that.

He set the rookie QB record for throwing TD passes. I'm pretty sure he's proven to be a young up and coming QB that could contend to be right there with the best in the NFL if his developmental curve stays that way.

I get not liking him personally, but damn.

Being in Cleveland doesn’t = adversity.

He played in an average division with a very weak schedule. They had 0 expectations last year and very few if any meaningful games. Now every game is going to be meaningful and they are expected to win the division. If he loses week 1, there’s immediately a level of adversity that he hasn’t yet experienced.

Baker is not Pat. He could easily be just like every other QB that has early success then proceeds to regress. Just like I wasn’t crowning Watson, I’m still not 100% sold on Baker though I do admit he was better than I expected. Pat is the exception to this rule, Baker is not that kind of guy.

Meatloaf 04-17-2019 10:18 AM

Apparently, I am in the minority here as I really didn’t think Nelson was as bad as you all do. Sure, he wasn’t the second coming of Deion Sanders, but in my view, he was a solid, tough football player. And yeah, if my boss put me in a position to fail, I’d be pissed too.

I think we can all agree that Sutton made it EASY for opponents to pretty much control our defense as they knew if they ran scheme A, our guys would react in a specified way. And if they ran scheme B, we’d react differently, but consistently. Simply put, our guys were playing at a distinct disadvantage. Clearly this left a bitter taste in Nelson’s mouth, so he voiced his disappointment.

Like I said, if my boss put me such a position where it affected my earning power, I be pissed as hell. Sutton deserves all that Nelson’s dishing out.

ping2000 04-17-2019 10:19 AM

Both he and Sutton sucked. Both gone. Win.

O.city 04-17-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14210566)
It drives some of them. Others, it's a distraction. Look at Nelson. It clearly weighed on him. That had to have an effect on his preparation and effort.

Well, I mean yeah, they aren't all talented enough for it to make that much difference.

Nelson used it to get a lucrative deal and is in the top 1% of all athletes in the world. Not everyone is a hall of famer.

O.city 04-17-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210570)
Being in Cleveland doesn’t = adversity.

He played in an average division with a very weak schedule. They had 0 expectations last year and very few if any meaningful games. Now every game is going to be meaningful and they are expected to win the division. If he loses week 1, there’s immediately a level of adversity that he hasn’t yet experienced.

Baker is not Pat. He could easily be just like every other QB that has early success then proceeds to regress. Just like I wasn’t crowning Watson, I’m still not 100% sold on Baker though I do admit he was better than I expected. Pat is the exception to this rule, Baker is not that kind of guy.

Being in the dysfunction that is the Cleveland Browns and having the season he did is surviving some adversity. If he were in some other shit bird franchise, sure it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But Cleveland? Yeah, that's not easy.

The expectations are much bigger now, but as you yourself noted it's not like this is the first time the guy has had to play with expectations. He was the Heisman winner at Oklahoma, went to the CFB playoffs and was the first overall pick. I'm pretty sure he's been expected to be good for a while.

staylor26 04-17-2019 10:25 AM

I

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210586)
Being in the dysfunction that is the Cleveland Browns and having the season he did is surviving some adversity. If he were in some other shit bird franchise, sure it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But Cleveland? Yeah, that's not easy.

The expectations are much bigger now, but as you yourself noted it's not like this is the first time the guy has had to play with expectations. He was the Heisman winner at Oklahoma, went to the CFB playoffs and was the first overall pick. I'm pretty sure he's been expected to be good for a while.

You want to crown him, go ahead.

He didn’t throw for 5,000 yards, 50 TD’s, and make it to the AFCCG. He did most of his work against shit teams and shit defenses.

Forgive me for no being sold on a young QB that didn’t do anything to separate himself from the other young QB’s that people crowned way too early.

saphojunkie 04-17-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14210478)
Pretty good.

Thanks man. I was, uh... weirdly proud of that.

Stryker 04-17-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14210413)
Nelson is perfect for the whiney little bitch Steelers. Hard to believe they gave him that big of a contract. I hope they love all the P I calls he will be getting.

I really can't stand players like this. Instead of saying he learned a lot and appreciates the opportunity to play here, he predictable blames coaches and fans for his poor performance. Glad he is gone.

He will be up against the likes of oh lets see...Jarvis Landry, OBJ, A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd, Willie Snead and whatever rookie WR they draft - 2 times a year!
ROFLROFLROFL lets see what you have to say in the NEXT off season!

Kman34 04-17-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 14210573)
Apparently, I am in the minority here as I really didn’t think Nelson was as bad as you all do. Sure, he wasn’t the second coming of Deion Sanders, but in my view, he was a solid, tough football player. And yeah, if my boss put me in a position to fail, I’d be pissed too.

I think we can all agree that Sutton made it EASY for opponents to pretty much control our defense as they knew if they ran scheme A, our guys would react in a specified way. And if they ran scheme B, we’d react differently, but consistently. Simply put, our guys were playing at a distinct disadvantage. Clearly this left a bitter taste in Nelson’s mouth, so he voiced his disappointment.

Like I said, if my boss put me such a position where it affected my earning power, I be pissed as hell. Sutton deserves all that Nelson’s dishing out.

Did Sutton’s scheme coach holding and celebrating while a flag flies behind you.. I can’t support a scheme that has your best pass rusher drop in coverage... glad both POS are gone..

O.city 04-17-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210598)
You want to crown him, go ahead.

He didn’t throw for 5,000 yards, 50 TD’s, and make it to the AFCCG. He did most of his work against shit teams and shit defenses.

Forgive me for no being sold on a young QB that didn’t do anything to separate himself from the other young QB’s that people crowned way too early.

I'm not crowning anything. He may fall off, hell if any of us know.

So any stats against shit teams and shit defenses don't count, lets start subtracting from Pats season I guess?

Baker made his hay from the pocket being an accurate QB. That's a hell of a lot different than the other guys that have been crowned way too early.

I can understand not liking the dude, because he's cocky or whatever. But that doesn't take away from what he did on the field.

saphojunkie 04-17-2019 10:30 AM

This is gonna be great. We're gonna take the Steven Nelson thread and make it about Baker Mayfield.

Once again, Nelson gets owned by virtually any QB.

O.city 04-17-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14210618)
This is gonna be great. We're gonna take the Steven Nelson thread and make it about Baker Mayfield.

Once again, Nelson gets owned by virtually any QB.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohs7Ys9J8XyFVheg0" width="480" height="438" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/sorry-alan-the-hangover-3ohs7Ys9J8XyFVheg0">via GIPHY</a></p>

ToxSocks 04-17-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210576)
Well, I mean yeah, they aren't all talented enough for it to make that much difference.

Nelson used it to get a lucrative deal and is in the top 1% of all athletes in the world. Not everyone is a hall of famer.

I disagree. I don't think that chip drove anything. It weakened him.

His personality type doesn't appear to be a positive, productive one.

This isn't a case of, "**** you, i'll show you how good i am".

This is a case of, "**** you, it's not my fault and **** you too for blaming me when it's everyone else's fault".

He's clearly insecure.

And if you're an insecure person who dislikes the fans you're playing for, and the coaches you're playing for, and the scheme you're playing in, it's going to affect how you prepare and the effort you give.

staylor26 04-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210612)
I'm not crowning anything. He may fall off, hell if any of us know.

So any stats against shit teams and shit defenses don't count, lets start subtracting from Pats season I guess?

Baker made his hay from the pocket being an accurate QB. That's a hell of a lot different than the other guys that have been crowned way too early.

I can understand not liking the dude, because he's cocky or whatever. But that doesn't take away from what he did on the field.

Pat did it against defenses like the Chargers(2x), Pats(2x), Ravens, Jags etc.

What good or great defense did Mayfield have a great performance against?

Hint: none

RealSNR 04-17-2019 10:42 AM

Does his mom post here? People need to not say mean things about NFL players on the internet, y'know, because one time Philip Gaines' mom was reading Chiefs Planet and we were mean to him. And then she just kind of didn't do anything and then left. How unfortunate! That's what a handful of moral Orels around here told me, anyway!

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14210642)
Does his mom post here? People need to not say mean things about NFL players on the internet, y'know, because one time Philip Gaines' mom was reading Chiefs Planet and we were mean to him. That's what a handful of moral Orels around here told me, anyway!

Mikael Ricks' mom was cool

O.city 04-17-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210636)

He was pretty solid against the tough Ravens d, just had a few too many INT's which is expected against that D. He definitely didn't have the season Mahomes had, no one is saying anything close to that.

But as a rookie on a terrible franchise, he had the best rookie season a QB has had. That's not exactly anything to throw away.

DJ's left nut 04-17-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 14210573)

Steven Nelson played better under Bob Sutton than he will ever play again in his NFL career. Full stop.

This idea that Sutton harmed Nelson's potential is ludicrous. Sutton was left on the left side of the formation where he could focus on specific route combinations and not have to worry about shadowing premier guys or get stuck into tougher matchups opposite of Scandrick.

It is BECAUSE of Bob Sutton that Steven Nelson got paid. And in a system that demands more of him, he'll be overexposed.

In many ways this defense suffered to the benefit of Steven Nelson.

Mecca 04-17-2019 10:54 AM

Nelson is one of those guys who never takes responsibility, it's always someone elses fault even the fans.

ToxSocks 04-17-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14210673)
Nelson is one of those guys who never takes responsibility, it's always someone elses fault even the fans.

Sounds like a perfect match for the Steelers.

staylor26 04-17-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14210652)
He was pretty solid against the tough Ravens d, just had a few too many INT's which is expected against that D. He definitely didn't have the season Mahomes had, no one is saying anything close to that.

But as a rookie on a terrible franchise, he had the best rookie season a QB has had. That's not exactly anything to throw away.

Did you watch both games against the Ravens?

He had 4 and could’ve easily ended up with 6+ INT’s in those two games. He wasn’t very good at all against them. It looked a lot like Watson in 2017.

TribalElder 04-17-2019 11:01 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/2yto1h.jpg

RunKC 04-17-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14210636)

Mayfield doesn’t have anywhere near the weapons Pat does.

Pat destroyed a terrible Steelers secondary without Joe Haden, the Bengals and Raiders. That was 14 of his TD’s against the worst competition in the league.

Every good player gets stats from playing bad teams.

staylor26 04-17-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14210738)

Pat destroyed a terrible Steelers secondary without Joe Haden, the Bengals and Raiders. That was 14 of his TD’s against the worst competition in the league.

Every young QB that has had success then regressed did too.

And every good player has eventually proven they are good against the best.

Mayfield has yet to do that, and it’s not even arguable.

Easy 6 04-17-2019 11:28 AM

Stay gone you ****ing ingrate, have fun with that crumbling shithole franchise

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14210738)

The loss of Kareem ****ed the offense at the end. If the Chiefs had him Through the whole season Brady wouldn't be yucking it up as if it was scripted

alpha_omega 04-17-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14210467)
He's 100% right. He's also 100% an asshole. You got paid way more than you deserve. Shut your mouf, and move on, douche.

This.

Kiimo 04-17-2019 11:52 AM

If he hated Chiefs fans wait till he gets a full season of Pittsburgh fatties pissed at him for not turning his head.

PAChiefsGuy 04-17-2019 04:16 PM

Sure Sutton takes some of the blame but all of it? No way. He isn't out there playing. Take at least a little responsibility Nelson.

With Nelsons attitude I'm glad he is gone.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2019 04:20 PM

Maybe if the guy didn't have worse ball skills than a lesbian diesel mechanic I'd give half a rat **** about what he thought.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2019 04:48 PM

So assuming this quote is accurate, (I'm assuming it's not) I now have a smidge of respect for Mitch Holthus:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Holthus with legendary shade on Steven Nelson saying the defense was too complicated: “You know what isn’t complicated? The ball is coming towards you. Play it. And don’t grab the guy you’re covering.”</p>&mdash; Bird Law Expert (@horsepire) <a href="https://twitter.com/horsepire/status/1118641506733240321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14211266)
Maybe if the guy didn't have worse ball skills than a lesbian diesel mechanic I'd give half a rat **** about what he thought.

You have a way with words, my friend.

Sassy Squatch 04-17-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14211304)
So assuming this quote is accurate, (I'm assuming it's not) I now have a smidge of respect for Mitch Holthus:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Holthus with legendary shade on Steven Nelson saying the defense was too complicated: “You know what isn’t complicated? The ball is coming towards you. Play it. And don’t grab the guy you’re covering.”</p>&mdash; Bird Law Expert (@horsepire) <a href="https://twitter.com/horsepire/status/1118641506733240321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2019 04:55 PM

Wish Holtus would roast guys like that more often.

"You know what's not complicated? You're gonna kill yourself anyway. Leave your daughter's mother alone and shoot yourself first. "

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14211315)
Wish Holtus would roast guys like that more often.

"You know what's not complicated? You're gonna kill yourself anyway. Leave your daughter's mother alone and shoot yourself first. "

LMAO

Bowser 04-17-2019 04:59 PM

I really hope the Steelers come here this year so Nelson can continue to blame the fans when Mahomes hits Hill for an 80 yarder over his head.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-17-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14211321)
I really hope the Steelers come here this year so Nelson can continue to blame the fans when Mahomes hits Hill for an 80 yarder over his head.

He will find a way to blame it on Sutton

Sassy Squatch 04-17-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14210828)
If he hated Chiefs fans wait till he gets a full season of Pittsburgh fatties pissed at him for not turning his head.

Why the **** did this get down voted? Yinzers are ****ing notorious for being fickle assholes.

Bump 04-17-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14210371)
He sucked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14210374)
He's not wrong lol

Yeah.

jspchief 04-17-2019 05:43 PM

I'm not gonna trash players for hating on Sutton. He's saying the same shit I've always said about him. And while I never was fond of Nelson, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of our past defensive players have success on other teams or under different coaching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-17-2019 05:50 PM

Did one of our completely forgettable CB's from last season have something to say about his former team on Twatter?

That's nice.