ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325756)

arrowheadnation 10-08-2019 10:18 AM

THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.

Pablo 10-08-2019 10:22 AM

This day needs ty be a quiet one for us. You really want Veach out here making any more deals?

DJJasonp 10-08-2019 10:22 AM

trade for a parking cone at defensive tackle.

It might maintain its gap better, and actually trip up a runner from time to time.

TribalElder 10-08-2019 10:24 AM

TRADE DOWN FOR WHAT

carcosa 10-08-2019 10:31 AM

Hearing that we might trade a shuffleboard set to the retirement home for Derrick Johnson

Sassy Squatch 10-08-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14509473)
This day needs ty be a quiet one for us. You really want Veach out here making any more deals?

Yep. I'd love to improve the team at the deadline but this mother****er has lost pretty much all good will.

CasselGotPeedOn 10-08-2019 10:45 AM

What would it take to get Eddie Goldman from the Bears? Great run stuffer, could really help.

Pitt Gorilla 10-08-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

I really don't. I know he can't draft, either, but I think I'd prefer keeping the draft capital at this point.

mcaj22 10-08-2019 10:47 AM

as much as I would love for the Chiefs to be in on the Broncos fire sale for some of those defensive guys as rentals Elway will surely get them to overpay and that would be a disaster.

Pitt Gorilla 10-08-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14509512)
What would it take to get Eddie Goldman from the Bears? Great run stuffer, could really help.

Why would they trade him? Honestly, Goldman is probably my favorite player on that D.

arrowheadnation 10-08-2019 10:48 AM

I get that all he has to hang his hat on right now is being the guy that begged Dorsey and co. to draft Mahomes, but I will be pissed if we stand idly bye and do nothing squandering away another year of cheap control of the greatest QB in the history of this franchise (with apologies to Lenny). You can already tell that he's (Mahomes) getting extremely frustrated with what's surrounding him defense-wise. I doubt he'd do it, but I just don't want it to get to a point where he refuses to re-sign with us. While that seems pretty extreme, it would be the ultimate "because Chiefs" moment.

ChiTown 10-08-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

/thread

staylor26 10-08-2019 10:54 AM

Lol now Veach is so bad we don’t want him to make a move before the deadline?

This place is so ****ing ridiculous. Bunch of ****ing morons.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2019 10:55 AM

According to my source, the Chiefs are:

Sending a 1st and 3rd to Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey

Second a 2nd and a 5th to Washington for Trent Williams

Sending Reggie Ragland to Asgard for Thor, God of Thunder, and an item from Odin's vault to be named later. It is thought that the Chiefs want to use the Aether to defeat the Patriots in January, simply by bonding it to Frank Clark so that he is unblockable.

Source: Stan Lee

TribalElder 10-08-2019 10:58 AM

send an edible arrangement to carolina for luke kuechly

ChiTown 10-08-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14509527)

:LOL: - I often envision you like this when you are reading CP
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefensiveW...gali-small.gif

Molitoth 10-08-2019 11:06 AM

Can we trade Frank Clark back?

KCUnited 10-08-2019 11:09 AM

Who's injured that we can trade for?

staylor26 10-08-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14509545)
:LOL: - I often envision you like this when you are reading CP
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefensiveW...gali-small.gif

Cool. Now care to tell me how I’m wrong? I’m guessing you’re one of those ****ing morons.

ChiTown 10-08-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14509555)
Cool. Now care to tell me how I’m wrong? I’m guessing you’re one of those ****ing morons.

Because you tend to get outraged over everything. It's a message board with lots of opinions. Relax.

I couldn't care less what Veach does at this point. Trade, don't trade. I do think Pablo's post was funny, and somewhat appropriate, hence my "/thread" reply.

The Franchise 10-08-2019 11:16 AM

I’d rather see Veach trade for guys like he did for Ward. Young guys on teams with depth.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14509518)
I get that all he has to hang his hat on right now is being the guy that begged Dorsey and co. to draft Mahomes, but I will be pissed if we stand idly bye and do nothing squandering away another year of cheap control of the greatest QB in the history of this franchise (with apologies to Lenny). You can already tell that he's (Mahomes) getting extremely frustrated with what's surrounding him defense-wise. I doubt he'd do it, but I just don't want it to get to a point where he refuses to re-sign with us. While that seems pretty extreme, it would be the ultimate "because Chiefs" moment.

What do you want them to do? It takes 2 willing teams to make a trade. Jacksonville is not willing and we should not pay 1st round picks for any player let a lone Ramsey.
This teams has more problems than just one player can fix.
We cannot waste draft capitol, the future of this team, for a short term rental.
We should stand pat as it were if are options are 2 1sts for Ramsey or anything that extreme for any player.

staylor26 10-08-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14509558)
Because you tend to get outraged over everything. It's a message board with lots of opinions. Relax.

I couldn't care less what Veach does at this point. Trade, don't trade. I do think Pablo's post was funny, and somewhat appropriate, hence my "/thread" reply.

Who’s outraged? Why do you so many of you think cursing = outraged? It’s just how I talk.

I don’t even recognize you. That probably because you’ve never had an insightful post in your entire time here. Just like you don’t really have an opinion about this. At least I bring some entertainment to the table when I’m “outraged” you ****ing bore lol.

Pitt Gorilla 10-08-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14509555)

Do you think we could get a 1st and a 2nd for Frank Clark? Serious question.

ChiTown 10-08-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14509572)
Who’s outraged? Why do you so many of you think cursing = outraged? It’s just how I talk.

I don’t even recognize you. That probably because you’ve never had an insightful post in your entire time here. Just like you don’t really have an opinion about this.

LOL - these posts are the best.

I don't have an opinion on this, but I'm sure you do. Please impart your vast amount of football wisdom upon us.

staylor26 10-08-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14509578)

Do you think anybody could have saw one of the best and most consistent pass rushers the last few years having a start like this? Serious question.

staylor26 10-08-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14509579)
LOL - these posts are the best.

I don't have an opinion on this, but I'm sure you do. Please impart your vast amount of football wisdom upon us.

This tends to happen with posters that are clueless.

I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty confident I’d make you look like an idiot if we had a football discussion/debate. I’ll be looking forward to your future posts.

Flying High D 10-08-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14509551)
Who's injured surrounded by decent talent that we can trade get ripped off for and play like shit here?

FYP

Titty Meat 10-08-2019 01:09 PM

With how well Pringle played I'd move Robinson. Not sure you'll get very much though.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-08-2019 01:13 PM

Over/under 10 more of these sack of shits started before the deadline...

OrtonsPiercedTaint 10-08-2019 01:14 PM

I'm not sure "QB on rookie contract." Is not a myth put out by Tide detergent

ptlyon 10-08-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14509578)

No. Serious answer.

ptlyon 10-08-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14509532)
send an edible arrangement to carolina for luke kuechly

Panties or briefs?

In58men 10-08-2019 01:31 PM

We need depth, not big name players.

If we get Ramsey and he gets hurt, we’re ****ed. Just get a bunch of mediocre guys and hope for the best.

staylor26 10-08-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 14509781)
I'm not sure "QB on rookie contract." Is not a myth put out by Tide detergent

Lol wut?

You think it’s a myth that you have a window of cheap QB play to spend money elsewhere before you have to pay them?

JFC this place really has gone full reerun this week.

TLO 10-08-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14509771)
With how well Pringle played I'd move Robinson. Not sure you'll get very much though.

Might get Jack Shit in return.

MahiMike 10-08-2019 03:01 PM

Let's do this buffet style - take one of everything.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 10-08-2019 03:15 PM

PMII laughter is sweet

crispystl 10-08-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14509799)
No. Serious answer.

I don't think we could get ONE first rounder for him at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JakeF 10-09-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14509529)
Second a 2nd and a 5th to Washington for Trent Williams

I would trade a 2nd and 5th for Trents Williams in a heartbeat. Then we either trade Fisher for a defender or slide him inside to LG.

Before someone bitches about moving Fisher to LG, he played that position some in college. We can put him there for the final couple years of his contract. He will also be our backup swing tackle. We can't seem to draft a quality LG so we might as well use Fisher.

Easy 6 10-09-2019 05:51 PM

Sitting here watching Kissels in the trenches wrap-up, and he told a very interesting story

After the game he watched Ballard walking down the tunnel basically talking to himself saying... Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Offensive Line, Defensive Line

Veach needs to start taking notes, let’s hope he follows that mantra when considering signings... that fancy CB can WAIT

Dominate the trenches, and you can beat teams like KC even with an inferior QB

Dominate the trenches and have Mahomes, and you’ll steamroll the entire NFL

TEX 10-09-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14512406)
Sitting here watching Kissels in the trenches wrap-up, and he told a very interesting story

After the game he watched Ballard walking down the tunnel basically talking to himself saying... Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Offensive Line, Defensive Line

Veach needs to start taking notes, let’s hope he follows that mantra when considering signings... that fancy CB can WAIT

This.

UChieffyBugger 10-09-2019 08:12 PM

A quality CB can allow you to cover half the field and put more men in the box!!..getting a Peterson/Ramsey type would most certainly help against the run too. I think Veach could be smart and try to get a Williams Jackson III with a 3rd/4th and then try to snag a decent Line-backer from somewhere to help with the run. That's probably what I would be thinking if we can't get Peterson or Ramsey.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 08:29 PM

I'd have to go and look to be certain, but I'm pretty sure that nearly every team that won the Super Bowl had two things in common. A solid offensive and defensive line. Not necessarily the best in the league, but top-10.

You can hide a lot of flaws with a great OL and DL.

As for Trent Williams, if he was available (Dan Snyder says he isn't) then getting him for a couple picks and moving Fisher to LG would be about the best idea I've heard yet, in terms of our OL. Erving goes back to being a back-up and is no longer the weak link to our line, we can run as well to either side, Pat doesn't have to keep looking over there to make sure he isn't going to get flattened . . . yeah, that's a really good idea.

Maybe even move Erving to DL and see if he can stop the run any better than Williams.

Titty Meat 10-09-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14509965)
Might get Jack Shit in return.

I was thinking maybe an average run defending defensive lineman who wasn't going to get resigned kinda trade

O.city 10-10-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14512659)
I was thinking maybe an average run defending defensive lineman who wasn't going to get resigned kinda trade

If the Bengals sell, I think Geno Atkins would be a nice add.

Maybe see if you could get another LB somewhere too.

arrowheadnation 10-10-2019 09:21 AM

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan had a "heart to heart" with Jalen Ramsey yesterday and says he expects him to play this week.

jjchieffan 10-10-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14512406)

Well, we have Jones. We traded for Clark and Ogbah, drafted Nnadi, and signed Okafor. Also, the switch to 4-3 has helped Kpass. Oh, and we signed the defensive line coach from the Patriots. Let's not act like an effort hasn't been made to strengthen the defensive line. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the offensive line.

arrowheadnation 10-13-2019 11:59 AM

Well Burt Vurch...6 games in, we are giving up somewhere between 6-10 yards per running play. Adjustments aren't going to fix this. The trade deadline is 2 weeks from Tuesday. Earn your ****ing paycheck.

New World Order 10-13-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14513092)
If the Bengals sell, I think Geno Atkins would be a nice add.

Maybe see if you could get another LB somewhere too.

Yeah, forget Ramsey. We need some interior help badly.

Pats are going to run up the a gap and dink and dunk on our linebackers all day long.

carcosa 10-13-2019 12:25 PM

Can we trade for an entire defense plz

Sure-Oz 10-13-2019 12:25 PM

Veach needs to sell out to get LB and DL help

Mulliganman 10-13-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14519670)
Well Burt Vurch...6 games in, we are giving up somewhere between 6-10 yards per running play. Adjustments are going to fix this. The trade deadline is 2 weeks from Tuesday. Earn your ****ing paycheck.

You can’t fix this with a deadline move. The team needs OL help, LB help, and some lineman to help stop the freaking run.

Plus Pat is probably going to be playing on the gimpy ankle the rest of the year. Frankly, I am afraid of what Veach might do. If anything, I’d look for an OL so Pat doesn’t get killed.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-13-2019 02:27 PM

Don’t trade for anyone this season is done

arrowheadnation 10-13-2019 04:45 PM

Get Sammy, Fisher, and Jones back and trade for a CB, LB, and Defensive lineman and this season can still be salvaged. We'll know 2 weeks from Tuesday.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-14-2019 09:11 AM

Maybe teams will want to trade with chiefs now that they look human.

old_geezer 10-14-2019 09:24 AM

Put me solidly in the "It would be useless to trade for Ramsey" group. Our OL, DL, and LB's are one hot pile of steaming garbage. It wouldn't bother me if any of our LBs never played another down in KC. Whatever we replaced them with couldn't do worse. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Franchise 10-14-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14524583)
Maybe teams will want to trade with chiefs now that they look human.

Which will make trading a 1st even worse.

TambaBerry 10-14-2019 09:32 AM

go pick up brandon marshall he cant be worse then the lbs we're trotting out there and he doesnt cost draft capital

RickObie 10-14-2019 09:36 AM

A week or so ago I wrongly believed that we were a defensive player or two away but we need more than that - we get ZERO pressure on the QB and would we really make a move there when we have so much money tied up in Clark? Even if we attained a PP or Ramsey it won't mean anything, QB's have 6 days to throw so even Jesus back there won't help...save the picks for our new GM next season and go from there...

New World Order 10-14-2019 09:37 AM

Thank god Jax didn't accept our huge draft capital proposal a couple of weeks ago.

arrowheadnation 10-14-2019 09:45 AM

The way I see it after having a night to sleep on it. The upcoming trade deadline is probably Veach's last chance to save his job. Of course, he probably doesn't think that.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-14-2019 10:13 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dolphin...ashington/amp/

I would give them a 7th for him

Mecca 10-14-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14524706)
The way I see it after having a night to sleep on it. The upcoming trade deadline is probably Veach's last chance to save his job. Of course, he probably doesn't think that.

He ain't getting fired, he has the job because he fetches Andy's pizza and does what he's told.

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 04:51 PM

The floodgates started to open today, and a team that would be competing for us for a top end CB went with......Marcus Peters...lol.

Coogs 10-15-2019 04:52 PM

bump

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 05:12 PM

Rams fans think it's a given that they're getting Ramsey now.

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 05:18 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Washington &quot;emphatically insists&quot; that rumors of a Trent Williams trade to Cleveland are false <a href="https://t.co/coddp02qir">https://t.co/coddp02qir</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1184247061945954309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Setsuna 10-15-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14509527)

Frank Clark was a great acquisition wasn't he?

In58men 10-15-2019 05:45 PM

‪It’s happening: CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.‬

Per Schefter

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 05:50 PM

Welp….Peterson....you're up next.

Raker10 10-15-2019 06:16 PM

I may be way off, but I'm not buying the pipe dream that Patrick Peterson is the answer to our prayers on defense. If we are going to make a move, I'd prefer it be for LB or DL help. We need to be able to stop the run and get some kind of pressure with rushing 4. CB is better this year than it was last year, there's just no pressure on the QB. Clean pockets expose even the greatest of CBs.

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raker10 (Post 14528860)
I may be way off, but I'm not buying the pipe dream that Patrick Peterson is the answer to our prayers on defense. If we are going to make a move, I'd prefer it be for LB or DL help. We need to be able to stop the run and get some kind of pressure with rushing 4. CB is better this year than it was last year, there's just no pressure on the QB. Clean pockets expose even the greatest of CBs.

Yep you're right. Not JUST Peterson, but Peterson, a DT, and a LB or two.

arrowheadnation 10-15-2019 06:45 PM

Ben Watson re-signs with Patriots.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 10-15-2019 07:57 PM

I say we offer something to the packers for Josh Jackson. Hope we can get him in the system and playing well by the playoffs. Not some rental. Then maybe find a LB or DT to help the front 7. Nothing that will take massive draft capital or future cap space in big chunks

ARROW2 10-15-2019 08:21 PM

We ain't gonna do shit!!!!

hoping like hell I am wrong.....

KChiefs1 10-15-2019 08:54 PM

Lots of action today.

KChiefs1 10-15-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14528684)
Rams fans think it's a given that they're getting Ramsey now.

They be right.

JakeF 10-15-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14524706)

Clark Hunt can't fire Veach without having a major showdown with Reid. Andy is the guy who wanted Dorsey out and Veach in. Clark already backed down from Andy during his contract extension talks. What makes anyone think that he won't back down again?

JakeF 10-15-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14528696)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Washington &quot;emphatically insists&quot; that rumors of a Trent Williams trade to Cleveland are false <a href="https://t.co/coddp02qir">https://t.co/coddp02qir</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1184247061945954309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Washington is going to have a showdown with another player?

First Cousins, now Williams.