ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs vs Houston; Final Injury Report (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325869)

JakeF 10-12-2019 03:31 PM

Chiefs vs Houston; Final Injury Report

https://i.ibb.co/K9S8zjN/Injury-report.jpg

the Chiefs could be missing six starters for this game. Andy Reid is calling Hill a game-time decision.

https://i.ibb.co/rbtHG7W/Injury-report-2.jpg

late addition to the injury report. Defensive back Jonathan Joseph was limited during Friday’s practice with a hamstring injury. As always it’s never a good sign when you’re a late addition, but the questionable designation shows some optimism.

The only player ruled out for the Texans is reserve offensive lineman Greg Mancz. Both Taiwan Jones and Kenny Stills remain questionable. Stills seemed confident that he’d be able to play

Easy 6 10-12-2019 03:37 PM

Keep Reek on the bench and run it down their throats with a RBBC, it’ll take some pressure off Money and his gimpy ankle

Reid will never do it, but that’s what I’d do

Imon Yourside 10-12-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14517901)
Keep Reek on the bench and run it down their throats with a RBBC, it’ll take some pressure off Money and his gimpy ankle

We are not built to run the ball, Our line is just putrid and run blocking is not our strength. I don't see a world where the Current Chiefs can run it down anyones throat.

Red Dawg 10-12-2019 03:47 PM

Screwed is what we are.

MGRS13 10-12-2019 03:48 PM

This stinks of two in a row. Sucks they are both at home. Still plenty of time. Winning or losing in December or January is what will define this team.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2019 03:49 PM

reek is going to take a big shit on that secondary

carcosa 10-12-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14517915)
Screwed is what we are.

You suck!

carcosa 10-12-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 14517919)
This stinks of two in a row. Sucks they are both at home. Still plenty of time. Winning or losing in December or January is what will define this team.

Actually the Chiefs will win, dummy!!!!

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 03:54 PM

Were blowing these turds out. OBrien is a terrible coach/gm. Andy regularly takes him to the woodshed.

Mahomes will be locked in this week and the offense gets back on track for a nice 40 spot getting hung on the Texans D.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 03:54 PM

Get Tyreek back tomorrow, get through these two games in four days and start to get guys back after the 10 day layoff.

JakeF 10-12-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14517909)
We are not built to run the ball, Our line is just putrid and run blocking is not our strength. I don't see a world where the Current Chiefs can run it down anyones throat.

Andy doesn't sign power blockers. He is more worried about whether guys can pull than block the guy in front of them. Reid is not about toughness either. Having a finesse team hurts the run game on both sides of the ball. I think Reid focuses more on the passing game during training camp and practice, that also hurts our running game.

carcosa 10-12-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517932)
Were blowing these turds out. OBrien is a terrible coach/gm. Andy regularly takes him to the woodshed.

Mahomes will be locked in this week and the offense gets back on track for a nice 40 spot getting hung on the Texans D.

YES!!!!!!!

Easy 6 10-12-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Bad as they are right now, it’s still the easiest thing for an O lineman to do

I’d love to see an old fashioned ground n pound attack, Houston won’t be expecting it and it’ll camouflage this hurting receiver group right now

Get through this game that way, then bring Reek back next week IMO

JakeF 10-12-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517932)

woooooohoooooo PBJ

Go Chiefs!!

carcosa 10-12-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14517939)

I’d love to see an old fashioned ground n pound attack, Houston won’t be expecting it and it’ll camouflage this hurting receiver group right now

I don't think there's any scenario in which "take the ball out of Patrick Mahomes' hands" is a good game plan.

JakeF 10-12-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14517939)

I hope Andy spent the entire week working on the running game then.

He's been dreaming of the run and shoot until this point.

Easy 6 10-12-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14517945)
I don't think there's any scenario in which "take the ball out of Patrick Mahomes' hands" is a good game plan.

It doesn’t mean that entirely, pound it and let him run play action off that... Reid could limit the amount of scrambling he has to do that way

kcxiv 10-12-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

naw, dont do this! this isnt what the Chiefs are about! Oline sucks too much to run it down anyones throat. It would be a disaster and give them no chance at winning.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:14 PM

Watkins will not have stolen anyones practice reps this week just to bitch up at the coin toss either. Hardman and Robinson should look much better with more reps this week now that Sammy has his lil pink panties on over on the sidelines again.

Easy 6 10-12-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 14517955)
naw, dont do this! this isnt what the Chiefs are about! Oline sucks too much to run it down anyones throat. It would be a disaster and give them no chance at winning.

I’m just spitballing, and we all know Reid isn’t gonna run a game plan like that anyway... but it’s an absolute fact that run blocking is easier for linemen, easier for them to get into a groove

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 04:17 PM

The easiest way to fix the running game is more carries for McCoy and less carries for slow ass Damien Williams.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14517962)
The easiest way to lose more fumbles is more carries for McCoy and less carries for slow ass Damien Williams.

FYP

Darrell would me my bell cow back. He's solid but not spectacular. But he protects the football.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517965)
FYP

That was a really smart decision by Andy to essentially bench McCoy after that fumble for Damien “2.5 YPC” Williams.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14517967)
That was a really smart decision by Andy to essentially bench McCoy after that fumble for Damien “2.5 YPC” Williams.

Fumble the football, ride the pine. Pretty simple concept. Fumbling the ball has been what stopped the offense two weeks running.

It cant be tolerated. Ill take 2.5 yards and retain possession over a flashy play where we go 30 yards and turn the football over.

poolboy 10-12-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

IKR, just when you think they cant do something, they prove you wrong
Hopefully

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-12-2019 04:30 PM

They have the 26th ranked pass defense. We will destroy them

MIAdragon 10-12-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

FYP

Darrell would me my bell cow back. He's solid but not spectacular. But he protects the football.

Yes let’s chastise the guy with a .8 per carry fumble rate and praise the guy with a 3.3 per. Solid logic.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517978)
Fumble the football, ride the pine. Pretty simple concept. Fumbling the ball has been what stopped the offense two weeks running.

It cant be tolerated. Ill take 2.5 yards and retain possession over a flashy play where we go 30 yards and turn the football over.

JFC you are a dumbshit.

Running slow ass Damien Williams is a wasted no gain play which contributed to the Chiefs offensive struggles vs the Colts.

How did that help the Chiefs’ offense keep drives alive and maintain the possession you are babbling about?

WhiteWhale 10-12-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

So you think Kareem Hunt should have been benched and rode the pine when he fumbled against the patriots in week 1 of 2017? On his first carry. He was the main reason KC won that game. You think KC wins with West playing? ROFL stop it.

You're wrong, and your comment is stupid.

Mahomes has fumbled this year. Should KC have benched him?

You don't bench your best players every time they make a mistake.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14517996)
JFC you are a dumbshit.

Running slow ass Damien Williams is a wasted no gain play which contributed to the Chiefs offensive struggles vs the Colts.

How did that help the Chiefs’ offense keep drives alive and maintain the possession you are babbling about?

Bruh. I didnt say the playcalling was great, and Williams isnt slow.

However, gaining lots of yards and shitting the ball away because you flagrantly carry it like a loaf of bread does nothing.

Failed play and Mahomes getting another snap beats great play and fumble.

Want to play? Protect the ball. We have to have set some sort of fumbling record over the past two games. It pathetic.

WhiteWhale 10-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

FYP

Darrell Williams fumbled against the Lions dumbass.

Guess what? He didn't get benched.

Benching McCoy was stupid. He's clearly the best RB on the team. Much higher YPC than Darrell and he has just as many fumbles on more carries. Damien Williams is averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

JakeF 10-12-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

McCoy is proven, you stick with him.

Andy drops the hammer when a vet like McCoy fumbles the ball but does nothing when all these young guys continue to do stupid shit all game long?

Reid is determine to keep De'Anthony "**** up" Thomas around every year. How many times has DAT fielded the ball inside the 10?

We would be better off if our special teams didn't exist. They keep returning the ball from the endzone and failing to make it out to the 25. How many times are we going to block someone in the back during a return? Isn't Toub supposed to be great?

Team discipline is total ass and that is directly on Andy Reid.

WhiteWhale 10-12-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518000)
Bruh. I didnt say the playcalling was great, and Williams isnt slow.

However, gaining lots of yards and shitting the ball away because you flagrantly carry it like a loaf of bread does nothing.

Failed play and Mahomes getting another snap beats great play and fumble.

Want to play? Protect the ball. We have to have set some sort of fumbling record over the past two games. It pathetic.

You don't seem to have a problem with Darrell Williams fumbling based on your comments.

... but you know.. the proven vet with no history of abundant fumbling who is far and away the most productive RB should be punished for one fumble.

Your position lacks coherence.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14517998)
So you think Kareem Hunt should have been benched and rode the pine when he fumbled against the patriots in week 1 of 2017? On his first carry. He was the main reason KC won that game. You think KC wins with West playing? ROFL stop it.

You're wrong, and your comment is stupid.

Mahomes has fumbled this year. Should KC have benched him?

You don't bench your best players every time they make a mistake.

Hunt NEVER fumbled prior to that, and never did again. Shady is notoriously bad for ball security. But way to miss the point.

When youre going to be tackled and hit every single time you carry the ball, ball security is expected. Shady still carries it like a loaf of bread. He cost the team big, he got benched.

Mahomes fumbling wasn't due to lack of security, more like a lack of protection. Besides, when you account for 5k and 50td, you live with a couple of those. Shady not even in the same galaxy as Mahomes.

Try to keep up.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14518008)
You don't seem to have a problem with Darrell Williams fumbling based on your comments.

... but you know.. the proven vet with no history of abundant fumbling who is far and away the most productive RB should be punished for one fumble.

Your position lacks coherence.

Mahomes already clarified what happened on that in the Lions game. The exchange was never solid, as it was an RPO. MVP decided too late he wanted to keep and disrupted the play.

It wasnt due to Darrel being a complete dumbass carrying the ball away from his body and swinging it around.

I dont really believe this to be your true feelings, more being intentionally obtuse about it. Like calling Williams, who runs a 4.4 40, slow. Lol.

Like we didnt just see the dude in preseason take a flare pass 60+ outrunning everyone to the endzonr.

Its plain to see for anyone who saw that play why the fumble occured.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14518001)
Darrell Williams fumbled against the Lions dumbass.

Guess what? He didn't get benched.

Benching McCoy was stupid. He's clearly the best RB on the team. Much higher YPC than Darrell and he has just as many fumbles on more carries. Damien Williams is averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

I read that Andy said that McCoy wasn't benched because of the fumble in last week's game. It had to do with his ankle; they needed a RB that could pass pro, and Andy/EB felt that Shady's ankle would be a liability trying to hold up under the pressure of blocking their LBs.

It makes sense; cutting is one thing, but trying to execute a continuous block against a 240 lb. LB might cause the ankle to fail.

And we know Shady's ankle isn't quite right. He hasn't been able to cut off of it as sharply since he injured it.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518014)
Hunt NEVER fumbled prior to that, and never did again. Shady is notoriously bad for ball security. But way to miss the point.

When youre going to be tackled and hit every single time you carry the ball, ball security is expected. Shady still carries it like a loaf of bread. He cost the team big, he got benched.

Mahomes fumbling wasn't due to lack of security, more like a lack of protection. Besides, when you account for 5k and 50td, you live with a couple of those. Shady not even in the same galaxy as Mahomes.

Try to keep up.

Not really. Shady historically fumbles about once every 150-200 carries. Last year he didn't have a single fumble in 195 carries and 34 receptions.

As I stated above, he wasn't benched for fumbling.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14518023)
I read that Andy said that McCoy wasn't benched because of the fumble in last week's game. It had to do with his ankle; "they needed a RB that could pass pro, and Andy/EB felt that Shady's ankle would be a liability trying to hold up under the pressure of blocking their LBs.

It makes sense; cutting is one thing, but trying to execute a continuous block against a 240 lb. LB might cause the ankle to fail.

And we know Shady's ankle isn't quite right. He hasn't been able to cut off of it as sharply since he injured it.

If pass protection was the only reason he was benched, then it makes no sense that he had no plays designed to go to him if running/cutting was still okay.

He never saw another snap after that fumble. Could he have tweaked it on the screen/fumble? Sure. Its possible. Could be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518036)
If pass protection was the only reason he was benched, then it makes no sense that he had no plays designed to go to him if running/cutting was still okay.

He never saw another snap after that fumble. Could he have tweaked it on the screen/fumble? Sure. Its possible. Could be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Obviously Andy's word isn't good enough for you. Whatever. Rant away, buddy.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14518047)
Obviously Andy's word isn't good enough for you. Whatever. Rant away, buddy.

You believe everything coaches say? I got a bridge to sell you too.

Like Reid would EVER get up In front of the press and say yeah, he fumbled so i benched his ass for the rest of the game.

Jesus.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-12-2019 05:07 PM

Can’t we all just get along guys :)

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518053)
You believe everything coaches say? I got a bridge to sell you too.

Like Reid would EVER get up In front of the press and say yeah, he fumbled so i benched his ass for the rest of the game.

Jesus.

Thanks, I'm a lot of things, but Jesus isn't one of them.

I'll tend to believe Reid until we have solid EVIDENCE to give me a reason not to believe him. Plus, Reid isn't dumb enough to throw away a player that has been the best RB of the group for the season over a fumble early in the game while it was still so close. That's high school sh*t.

Add in the fact that Reid is historically a "give him a second chance guy," in every aspect of his personality, and this character trait is most evident in his play-calling. When a guy drops an easy pass, he tends to dial up a play that goes right back to that guy (Kelce? Hunt?). It's in his basic nature, buddy.

It goes against everything Andy Reid is about as human being and as a coach to bench Shady after that fumble.

So endeth the lesson.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 05:14 PM

McCoy- 5.4 YPC this season.
Damien Williams- 1.8 YPC this season.

One McCoy fumble (as he was making a big play) and some dumbshits want to bench him for the Alex Smith of RB’s, Damien Williams.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14518067)
McCoy- 5.4 YPC this season.
Damien Williams- 1.8 YPC this season.

One McCoy fumble (as he was making a big play) and some dumbshits want to bench him for the Alex Smith of RB’s, Damien Williams.

Agreed. I think sometimes we're a little too hard on Damien though this season. He had less than 60 carries coming into the season; he's young and inexperienced. He is the fastest of the three RBs, and he can catch. But he hasn't quite learned to be as patient or to locate and exploit the holes/gaps as a guy like Shady. That stuff tends to take time. He should mature into a decent back. Right now I think he's pressing a bit.

rydogg58 10-12-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518014)

Try to keep up.

When the fumble first happened I was pissed because of the way McCoy seems to carry the ball. But on the replay it looked like he was doing a pretty good job of holding onto it, just one of those fluke plays that happen sometimes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-12-2019 05:31 PM

None of our guys can hold onto the ball. Who’s responsible for that?

Rain Man 10-12-2019 05:37 PM

Geez, Watkins is sure a fragile little fellow. He should be on ads for Children's Hospital or something.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14518110)
Geez, Watkins is sure a fragile little fellow. He should be on ads for Children's Hospital or something.

Yeah hopefully nobody took the free money offer on that Watkins will play 15 games thread haha.

Three7s 10-12-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

That's why I just laughed after all his talk about how "he's healthy". Didn't he say the same thing last off-season?

I think it's about time to make him saying that a meme.

Easy 6 10-12-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Go stand in the corner you bunch of kneejerk dipshits

I’m right, you’re WRONG

stevieray 10-12-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Shannon Sharpe called him injured since Clemson.

KChiefs1 10-12-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

No way he plays next season for the Chiefs.

Tribal Warfare 10-13-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Poor pain threshold in other words a big pussy making a business decision.

PHOG 10-13-2019 05:50 AM

Cut 14.....next year.

oldman 10-13-2019 06:08 AM

So who do we plug in at LG?

chiefforlife 10-13-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14518537)
So who do we plug in at LG?

WIZ!