ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Lost a pet today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326467)

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 07:35 PM

Lost a pet today

My cat Spooky. He was 10 and a half years old. Got him and his brother when they were tiny kittens.

Several months later my mom passed away, dad got remarried about 6 months later and moved out, brother moved out. My cats were the thing that gave me comfort for a year or so after losing my mom.

Today I got up from a nap and saw him hunched over the couch. I knew it wasnt good. I'm a mess, his sibling appears depressed.

I know pets are not people but it feels like I've lost a family member and part of that comfort I had during what felt like impossible difficult times is now gone.

Pablo 11-04-2019 07:36 PM

Well that sucks man. Pets aren't people. They're better than people. Sorry you're going through this.

staylor26 11-04-2019 07:41 PM

Sorry to hear that Billay

LoneWolf 11-04-2019 07:45 PM

Sorry for your loss. I’m not a cat person myself, but losing a pet is hard. They definitely become a big part of our lives.

Prison Bitch 11-04-2019 07:48 PM

Sorry Billay. Time heals all wounds. Losing a pet is awful. Will you get a new one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14575413)
Well that sucks man. Pets aren't people. They're better than people.

No they’re not. Has a pet ever bought you a gift, made you a meal, picked you up at the airport, or healed you when you’re sick, or given you a BJ? (You don’t have to answer the last question, folks)

Jewish Rabbi 11-04-2019 07:48 PM

Sorry to hear, billay.

O.city 11-04-2019 07:50 PM

That sucks man

Hydrae 11-04-2019 07:51 PM

I am always sorry to see these threads. Pets can become very important to us and it sucks that they only live for such a relatively short time and it really does hurt when it is time for them to go.

Share your grief with the remaining cat. It will probably be good for both of you right now. Then, in a few weeks or months consider getting a new cat.

burt 11-04-2019 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear that you lost your friend.

mlyonsd 11-04-2019 07:52 PM

Worst day of owning a pet. It sucks but take some comfort in knowing you gave him a great life.

LoneWolf 11-04-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14575434)
Sorry Billay. Time heals all wounds. Losing a pet is awful. Will you get a new one?

No they’re not. Has a pet ever bought you a gift, made you a meal, picked you up at the airport, or healed you when you’re sick, or given you a BJ? (You don’t have to answer the last question, folks)

Not going to argue pets vs. people, but has a pet ever talked about you behind your back, stolen from you, slept with your wife, or told lies about you to get others to dislike you?

JakeF 11-04-2019 07:58 PM

:(:(

lewdog 11-04-2019 08:05 PM

Lost our cat last month, only 7.5 years old. She was ****ing awesome and anyone who says cats suck hasn't had a fun one. My 1 year old son was just starting to take to her and just learned her name. It was pretty devastating as it all happened within 24 hours.

Sorry Billay. I was a mess the first few days but it does get easier.

Rain Man 11-04-2019 08:06 PM

Sorry to hear, TM. It's a hard situation to deal with.

I had two cats for a long time, and when the first one passed away, the surviving cat was really stressed out for a long time. Be sure to give him/her extra attention.

Lprechaun 11-04-2019 08:08 PM

Sorry man. Sucks for sure.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-04-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14575411)
My cat Spooky. He was 10 and a half years old. Got him and his brother when they were tiny kittens.

Several months later my mom passed away, dad got remarried about 6 months later and moved out, brother moved out. My cats were the thing that gave me comfort for a year or so after losing my mom.

Today I got up from a nap and saw him hunched over the couch. I knew it wasnt good. I'm a mess, his sibling appears depressed.

I know pets are not people but it feels like I've lost a family member and part of that comfort I had during what felt like impossible difficult times is now gone.

Sorry to hear this man. I don't have any magic words, but I'll send one out for you. Hopefully you'll do the same when that time comes because I'll be a mess too. Half because of the loss I'm going to feel, half because of the loss the remaining one will feel. Hang in there, I feel for you. They are definitely family.

Marcellus 11-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry about your loss Billay, pets are family.

Halfcan 11-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry for your loss. Best wishes.

IA_Chiefs_fan 11-04-2019 08:40 PM

I'm very sorry that happened :-(

BigRedChief 11-04-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Our pets are like family to us. Sorry for your loss.

New World Order 11-04-2019 08:44 PM

Sorry Billay, that sucks man

TLO 11-04-2019 08:46 PM

I lost my black lab over the weekend. He was 14 or 15, we couldn't remember his age for sure. Wasn't sick, wasn't suffering, just laid down and died. Idk if it hasn't fully set in yet or what, but I'm kinda numb to it.

Like others have said, take solace in knowing you gave your pet a good life. I keep trying to remind myself of that when I think about Jackson passing away.

TLO 11-04-2019 08:54 PM

I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling his name, as he tried to run for a second. About 6 seconds later, he laid down and died.

A member of our family for a long, long time - gone.

It's still awful to think about.

BryanBusby 11-04-2019 08:55 PM

Man that sucks

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14575560)
I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling his name, as he tried to run for a second. About 6 seconds later, he laid down and died.

A member of our family for a long, long time - gone.

It's still awful to think about.

Jesus man I'm so sorry.

The thing that just ****ing eats me up is not knowing how exactly he died. This morning he was meowing for food acting normal. Did see seem sick at all then this afternoon boom gone.

lewdog 11-04-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14575578)
Jesus man I'm so sorry.

The thing that just ****ing eats me up is not knowing how exactly he died. This morning he was meowing for food acting normal. Did see seem sick at all then this afternoon boom gone.

That's basically what happened to ours too. Hit in the afternoon, dilated eyes and heavy breathing. Had to put her down early the next morning when they found fluid on her lungs. Had been young, active and absolutely no health issues prior.

Loves Billay.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-04-2019 09:05 PM

Sorry for the loss. Its so hard to lose a pet, but remember, their sadness at death pales to joy during the time you had them and the good home you and love you provided.

Dartgod 11-04-2019 09:07 PM

Sorry for your loss Billay. I'm not a cat person either, but love my dogs and understand how difficult it is to lose a furbaby.

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:09 PM

Holy shit and the black cat rushes the field during the MNF game lol

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=TLO;14575560]I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14575589)
That's basically what happened to ours too. Hit in the afternoon, dilated eyes and heavy breathing. Had to put her down early the next morning when they found fluid on her lungs. Had been young, active and absolutely no health issues prior.

Loves Billay.

How old was your cat?

stumppy 11-04-2019 09:12 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

Demonpenz 11-04-2019 09:17 PM

Sorry to hear that. I went to the psych ward for awhile and moved back in with my parents. My parents had two dogs that got most of the love but the cat didn't get much love. Now the cat sits next to me and watches sports and video games. It's like a great stoner friend who doesn't talk or eat

Prison Bitch 11-04-2019 09:19 PM

I was going to suggest there’s a free cat at the Cowboys game

Jewish Rabbi 11-04-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14575625)
Sorry to hear that. I went to the psych ward for awhile and moved back in with my parents. My parents had two dogs that got most of the love but the cat didn't get much love. Now the cat sits next to me and watches sports and video games. It's like a great stoner friend who doesn't talk or eat

Where you been bruh???

TLO 11-04-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14575647)
Where you been bruh???

The psych ward... apparently. :shrug:

Kman34 11-04-2019 09:44 PM

I'm sorry you lost your friend... Pets are better to hang out with than people sometimes..

WhiteWhale 11-04-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14575630)
I was going to suggest there’s a free cat at the Cowboys game

ROFL Once that cat was in the endzone and everyone was booing at it I kinda felt bad for the poor thing.

WhiteWhale 11-04-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Sorry for your loss. Pets are great, but it always hurts when they die. You know it's going to happen, it's kinda part of the agreement when you get one, but somehow it never really helps knowing that.

DRU 11-04-2019 10:03 PM

Sucks man. Lost my cat best friend of 16 years a few years ago. Still hurts.

EPodolak 11-04-2019 10:14 PM

I often think of a simple Irish Proverb: "Beware the person who dislikes cats".

Sad you lost your cat today, take a little while then get yourself a new one.

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 10:34 PM

Thanks for your well wishes everyone.

Just another reminder how precious life is and how we take everything for granted.

Inspector 11-04-2019 10:39 PM

Condolences.

Pets are family. I have no idea how to survive when I lose my dog, Larry. It's gonna kill us.

So sorry for your loss.

When I was a kid, I rescued a little cat on Halloween. We named her "Spooky". No kidding.

Your loss hit me. Again, sorry.

Clyde Frog 11-04-2019 11:02 PM

Sorry to hear, dude. Pets are family and the losses cut just as deep.

GloryDayz 11-05-2019 07:34 PM

Sorry to hear it man...

KCUnited 11-05-2019 07:37 PM

Hang in there, Billay. Never thought a day in my life I'd ever be about a cat yet here I am. Pets do that. I'm sorry for your loss.

scho63 11-05-2019 07:39 PM

This has been a horrible year for pets on CP.

Sorry for your loss

Titty Meat 11-05-2019 07:39 PM

Today was ****ing rough. I assume its because the shock has worn off.

wazu 11-05-2019 07:56 PM

Sorry, brother. Sounds like he was a good one.

Buehler445 11-06-2019 12:07 AM

Pets are good people yo.

Not much of a cat guy, but I'd do anything for my dog.

Rough man. Condolences.

chinaski 11-06-2019 06:29 AM

Condolences, Sorry to hear. :(

Lzen 11-06-2019 09:55 AM

Sry for your loss, billay. I lost my dog back in August and I still have the occasional rough day. Our pets are like family. It is hard to lose one. Good luck and God bless.

tooge 11-06-2019 10:00 AM

Bummer man. Sorry to hear that. They are part of the family for sure.

Titty Meat 11-06-2019 02:20 PM

Went to Wayaide today got a print of his paws, some of his fur, and a nice little memorial. That ****ing killed me.

I feel like a piece of shit for never taking him to the vet. He had a UTI once so I took him. Fed him the food they recommended etc. He seemed so healthy always a ball of energy very loving even hours before he died. I wonder had I just taken him to the vet once in awhile would he still be here today.

Tombstone RJ 11-06-2019 02:33 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, it's always tough losing a pet you love

stumppy 11-06-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14578442)
Went to Wayaide today got a print of his paws, some of his fur, and a nice little memorial. That ****ing killed me.

I feel like a piece of shit for never taking him to the vet. He had a UTI once so I took him. Fed him the food they recommended etc. He seemed so healthy always a ball of energy very loving even hours before he died. I wonder had I just taken him to the vet once in awhile would he still be here today.

Man, you can't beat yourself up over that. He was 10 1/2 yrs old. And by what you posted he was in fine shape. If there was something wrong like an ongoing health problem I'm sure you would have noticed.

KCUnited 11-06-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Bruh, if it makes you feel better, that cat thought about murdering your ass no less than a 100x a day. That's kind of what they do and why they're awesome. Love you, want to maul you, love you, wish I were bigger so I could drag your corpse up a tree, love you, I'd eat your eyeballs first, love you, so on and so forth. Don't beat yourself up.

TwistedChief 11-06-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Nah. Can’t think like this. It’ll only bring you down. You loved it deeply and that’s the most important thing.

Save/rescue another animal in his honor. If you feel like you’ve made mistakes in the past, try your best not to make them again. And enjoy the company of another amazingly loving, transformative animal in your life.

bringbackmarty 11-06-2019 07:59 PM

Sorry for your loss meat. Facing something similar here in the next few days/weeks? I'm going to have to put my beloved dog Bider down after 11 wonderful years. I'm a stay at home dad with three boys. He kept us all safe, helped me stay sane and has been my constant companion for the past decade.

Titty Meat 11-06-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 14578934)
Sorry for your loss meat. Facing something similar here in the next few days/weeks? I'm going to have to put my beloved dog Bider down after 11 wonderful years. I'm a stay at home dad with three boys. He kept us all safe, helped me stay sane and has been my constant companion for the past decade.

Sorry to hear about your dog man :(

golfindude 11-06-2019 10:51 PM

Sorry for your loss. I Have lost a couple really good dogs in the past. I kinda felt guilty about getting so choked up and teary eyed when I had friends who died and I didn't do that. However, my friends didn't greet me EVERY time I came home with as much joy as these dogs did. It will take time and that cat will be hard to replace. Someone mentioned a rescue . We did. Great idea.

neech 11-06-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14578649)
Bruh, if it makes you feel better, that cat thought about murdering your ass no less than a 100x a day. That's kind of what they do and why they're awesome. Love you, want to maul you, love you, wish I were bigger so I could drag your corpse up a tree, love you, I'd eat your eyeballs first, love you, so on and so forth. Don't beat yourself up.

I think the I love you nots would win in his case.

Sorry for your loss titty.