ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326731)

Rain Man 11-15-2019 12:28 AM

Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.

Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-15-2019 12:36 AM

Garret - Rest of season

Pouncey - 2 games

Whoever that other Browns player was - 3 games

Sassy Squatch 11-15-2019 12:40 AM

Before the season I'd say 4 games max, but with the precedent of the Burfict suspension I'll say the rest of the season for Garrett.

Megatron96 11-15-2019 12:41 AM

DeCastro and Pouncey both threw punches, Pouncey kicked Garrett in the helmet when he was down.

Rudolph tried to take Garrett's helmet off and also kicked at Garrett's groin. Larry Ogunjobi (Browns) pushed Rudolph to the ground.

I'm guessing DeCastro and Pouncey get at least a game each for throwing punches. Pouncey might get two for the kick.

I originally thought Rudolph threw a couple punches at Garrett, but now can't find corroborating video. If he kicked Garrett in the groin though, that's a suspension, 1 game.

Ogunjobi probably just gets a fine.

Garrett is gone for the rest of the season most likely. Should at least get that for using Rudolph's helmet as a weapon to Rudolph's unprotected head.

P.S. Saw the reverse angle just now; DeCastro didn't throw any punches, just looked like it. He just grabs Garrett and eventually throws him to the ground. So no fine, no suspension for DeCastro.

Rudolph definitely tries not only to pull off Garrett's helmet, he also definitely kicks Garrett in the groin. That should be at least a game suspension and a fine.

kcclone 11-15-2019 12:42 AM

Wtf was Garrett thinking? Was he drunk?

Rain Man 11-15-2019 12:44 AM

Maybe I should've included Decastro in the poll, but I didn't see who he was. I'd guess that he'd get zero because he was just in a garden-variety scrum.

MOhillbilly 11-15-2019 12:46 AM

The NFL is gonna kick Garret’s ass out of the league.

stevieray 11-15-2019 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 14597248)

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

what a dumbass.

TimeForWasp 11-15-2019 12:49 AM

What, No roughing the passer?

Megatron96 11-15-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

No they won't. Won't even be a consideration.

Rain Man 11-15-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 14597251)
What, No roughing the passer?

It looked to me like there was significant roughing of the passer.

PutQuinnIn 11-15-2019 12:58 AM

Imagine the suspension if it were Brady's melon getting smashed.

Even Kareem Hunt had to be sayin, "bruh".

MMXcalibur 11-15-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PutQuinnIn (Post 14597258)
Imagine the suspension if it were Brady's melon getting smashed.

The entire Browns franchise would have folded.

44yearsandcounting 11-15-2019 12:59 AM

This poll/ game is more interesting if you substitute some other quarterbacks in instead of Randolph (is that his name?). What are the suspensions if it’s Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Jackson? If that happened to Mahomes, at Arrowhead, I’m not sure the opposing bus makes it out.

carcosa 11-15-2019 01:00 AM

Myles Garrett should be awarded a medal for righteously assaulting a Steelers player

Megatron96 11-15-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44yearsandcounting (Post 14597262)
This poll/ game is more interesting if you substitute some other quarterbacks in instead of Randolph (is that his name?). What are the suspensions if it’s Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Jackson? If that happened to Mahomes, at Arrowhead, I’m not sure the opposing bus makes it out.

Every one of those QBs would immediately take their case to the refs. None would try to go at Garrett.

Well, I don't really know about Jackson. He might do something stupid. But he might just juke Garrett and not get tackled.

44yearsandcounting 11-15-2019 01:07 AM

C’mon man don’t cheat the game. If one of the 4 I mentioned, for whatever reason, gets clocked in the head with their own helmet...

TimeForWasp 11-15-2019 01:16 AM

I wonder if there could actually be criminal charges for hitting him with the helmet.

TribalElder 11-15-2019 01:18 AM

QB probably gets suspended after that alternate angle video popped up, clearing the way for the steelers to sign Kaep

Bump 11-15-2019 01:30 AM

Garrett should be removed from the league TBH, trying to club someone with no helmet in the head with a helmet is practically a deadly weapon.

I have no problem with the retaliation from the offensive lineman after seeing that, but I'm sure he'll get suspended and that should be that.

Megatron96 11-15-2019 01:44 AM

Finally saw the reverse angle; DeCastro didn't throw a punch. He reaches around Garrett and grabs him and finally throws him to the ground, but doesn't actually throw a punch. No fine, no suspension, IMO.

Rudolph definitely tries to rip Garrett's helmet off and then as Garrett stands up and has a hold of Rudolph's facemask, Rudolph then kicks Garrett in the groin fairly hard. Those two things should generate a suspension of at least a game. Also means he lied in his post-game presser.

Megatron96 11-15-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44yearsandcounting (Post 14597267)
C’mon man don’t cheat the game. If one of the 4 I mentioned, for whatever reason, gets clocked in the head with their own helmet...

Oh, fine, then yeah, it would be the biggest brawl maybe in NFL history.

Megatron96 11-15-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14597289)
Garrett should be removed from the league TBH, trying to club someone with no helmet in the head with a helmet is practically a deadly weapon.

I have no problem with the retaliation from the offensive lineman after seeing that, but I'm sure he'll get suspended and that should be that.

He has no history of that kind of behavior on or off the field. Garrett will get suspended, probably for the season (there's a precedent of a similar incident where the guy got 5 games), a massive fine, and that will probably be it.

I thought it might be worse because of the Burfict thing, but Burfict got 12 games because he has a long (12 years?), and well-documented history of dirty hits.

Garrett has no such history. 8 games sounds about right. He might even get less if they take into account Rudolph not only trying to pull Garret's helmet off, but also kicking Garrett in the groin before the helmet swinging bit.

Bump 11-15-2019 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597294)
He has no history of that kind of behavior on or off the field. Garrett will get suspended, probably for the season (there's a precedent of a similar incident where the guy got 5 games), a massive fine, and that will probably be it.

I thought it might be worse because of the Burfict thing, but Burfict got 12 games because he has a long (12 years?), and well-documented history of dirty hits.

Garrett has no such history. 8 games sounds about right.

Ya, but he ripped off a guys helmet and then tried to club him over the head with it as hard as he could. One case of attempted murder is good enough for me to kick someone from the league. But ya, he'll probably just be suspended for the rest of the season and a big fine.

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2019 02:01 AM

People are coming down light compared to what the NFL will
#65 2 games
Pouncey 4 games
Garrett 1 year-16 games
Rudolph 0 games

Megatron96 11-15-2019 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14597296)
Ya, but he ripped off a guys helmet and then tried to club him over the head with it as hard as he could. One case of attempted murder is good enough for me to kick someone from the league. But ya, he'll probably just be suspended for the rest of the season and a big fine.

Attempted murder might be stretching things a bit. Attempted "try to do serious injury" I think is probably more accurate. But after having a guy try to rip MY helmet off, stick his fingers in my eyes (?), and kick me in the balls, I might do something rash as well.

Megatron96 11-15-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14597297)
People are coming down light compared to what the NFL will
#65 2 games
Pouncey 4 games
Garrett 1 year-16 games
Rudolph 0 games

65 gets 2 games suspension and Rudolph get none?

65 just pushed Rudolph; if players got two games for pushing another player to the ground, you couldn't field a team after a couple weeks.

And if I remember correctly, kicks to the groin automatically earn at least a week of vacation.

DTVietnam 11-15-2019 02:53 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/MikePereira?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MikePereira</a> explains what kind of suspensions should be expected for players following tonight’s Steelers-Browns game. <a href="https://t.co/2u8wwYvj4b">pic.twitter.com/2u8wwYvj4b</a></p>&mdash; FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1195221465521504256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Munson 11-15-2019 02:53 AM

Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Bump 11-15-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597298)
Attempted murder might be stretching things a bit. Attempted "try to do serious injury" I think is probably more accurate. But after having a guy try to rip MY helmet off, stick his fingers in my eyes (?), and kick me in the balls, I might do something rash as well.

rewatched it, I don't see a kick to the nuts unless when his leg went up a bit while his back was on the ground, I wouldn't really qualify that as a kick to the balls, but he did try to take the helmet off.

DTVietnam 11-15-2019 02:55 AM

Rudolph started it..tried to rip off Myles helmet. .

I mean Myles reaction was out of control but Rudolph started putting his hands in his face and kept coming at him ..

should be
2 games Rudolph ....4 Myles...Pouncey 2-4

Coochie liquor 11-15-2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597293)
Oh, fine, then yeah, it would be the biggest brawl maybe in NFL history.

Idk remember that Cowboys/Giants game from many years ago with the big fight? I remember a player grabbing camera equipment trying to hit another.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yi6Lhg0AmOA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BeMyValentine 11-15-2019 04:54 AM

Kareem Hunt has proven a kick is an 8 game suspension.

Red Dawg 11-15-2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Wrong. The NFLPA has to be on board and they never are unless a player commits murder or something.

Easy 6 11-15-2019 05:32 AM

All I know is I’m pissed at myself for going to bed right before this happened, probably the craziest damn thing I’ve ever seen... it makes Haynesworth and Suh look like choir boys

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-15-2019 05:46 AM

Was asleep long before this happened, but I wouldn't suspend Pouncey at all based on the (albeit limited) video I've seen. Garrett was assaulting Rudolph with a deadly weapon.

PHOG 11-15-2019 05:47 AM

Damn it, missed all of it.

Mecca 11-15-2019 05:53 AM

The part I don't get is while Myles Garrett literally lost his mind here, what the **** was Rudolph trying to accomplish by grabbing his face mask when he was getting up and trying to dick kick him? You got hit deal with it?

TEX 11-15-2019 06:06 AM

Suspend him for the rest of the year.

tyecopeland 11-15-2019 06:27 AM

If what burfict did got him the rest of the season, Garrett should get the rest of this season and the next. I know he doesn't have the history but that was bad. And if it has been Brady or Rodgers or maybe mahomes, he'd probably be facing an indefinite suspension.

Mecca 11-15-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14597333)
If what burfict did got him the rest of the season, Garrett should get the rest of this season and the next. I know he doesn't have the history but that was bad. And if it has been Brady or Rodgers or maybe mahomes, he'd probably be facing an indefinite suspension.

He won't get 2 seasons, he may get the rest of the year, but without history the NFLPA will fight hard to make it no more than 4 games.

They also can use the instigation argument because there is all sorts of transgressions here. His is the worst, but somehow you have a QB instigating this. You can say what if it's Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes, guess what it wouldn't be, you know why?

Those guys are smart enough to not pick fights with defenders. Rudolph 100% is not happy about how he played and how that game went and lets his frustration override his brain. Look at what he does, he gets hit in a way he perceives as late, he isn't drilled into the ground or the head or anything...He tussles with Garrett on the ground, tries to rip off Garrett's helmet and kicks him in the dick, Garrett then goes back being pissed and rips the helmet off...

Right here someone with normal reasoning is done, the OL is there, he backs off, but he decides not to do that.....he then runs and charges at Garrett and still tries to get at him resulting in the helmet swing. What Garrett did is 100% wrong and shouldn't have happened, but Mason Rudolph is a total bitch for the way he handled that too.

cabletech94 11-15-2019 06:44 AM

wow. yup, i went to bed early. too much fun at my birthday dinner. what a shit show!!

i understand the heat of the moment and all, but jesus.............wow!

patteeu 11-15-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597299)

65 just pushed Rudolph; if players got two games for pushing another player to the ground, you couldn't field a team after a couple weeks.

And if I remember correctly, kicks to the groin automatically earn at least a week of vacation.

He didn’t just push Rudolph to the ground. He took a running shot at a helmetless player, from behind, a week and a half after the whistle.

patteeu 11-15-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTVietnam (Post 14597309)
Rudolph started it..tried to rip off Myles helmet. .

I mean Myles reaction was out of control but Rudolph started putting his hands in his face and kept coming at him ..

should be
2 games Rudolph ....4 Myles...Pouncey 2-4

If we’re talking about how it started, back up to the point of the late hit by Garrett and the lingering embrace he gave to Rudolph.

ljmhawk 11-15-2019 07:27 AM

still don’t understand why football players always insist on punching another player with a helmet on....if anything you’re going to hurt your hand.

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2019 07:30 AM

I'd bet Garrett is suspended indefinitely. They need him suspended asap and I'd bet theyll want to go back and forth with the players union on what a max suspension looks like.

This might have been one of the worst I've ever seen. Thankfully he didn't hit Rudolph clean to the skull.

In58men 11-15-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljmhawk (Post 14597358)
still don’t understand why football players always insist on punching another player with a helmet on....if anything you’re going to hurt your hand.

You don’t give a **** when your adrenaline is going.

Mecca 11-15-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 14597356)
If we’re talking about how it started, back up to the point of the late hit by Garrett and the lingering embrace he gave to Rudolph.

The problem is all Rudolph really has to do is be Andrew Luck and say "good hit big man" and guess what, no problems.

Mahomesmyman 11-15-2019 07:48 AM

Garrett will get the rest of the season. Pouncey and Rudolf 2-4 games.

Personally I started hating Rudolf after this. What a pussy.

HingleMCringlebery 11-15-2019 07:50 AM

I bet it's at least 16 games for Myles. If it were up to me I'd ban him for life.

ljmhawk 11-15-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14597368)
The problem is all Rudolph really has to do is be Andrew Luck and say "good hit big man" and guess what, no problems.

or Garrett doesn’t need to rip his helmet off and hit him in the head with it?

Mecca 11-15-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljmhawk (Post 14597389)
or Garrett doesn’t need to rip his helmet off and hit him in the head with it?

That is entirely not ok not saying it is, but Rudolph 100% escalated that situation. He tried to pull Garretts helmet off, he kicked him in the dick, he then charged after him once he got up, what was the point of all that?

patteeu 11-15-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Sure, and all Myles Garrett needed to do was get up without ripping Rudolph's helmet off his head and bashing him with it.

Mecca 11-15-2019 07:56 AM

Did you dudes miss all the shit Rudolph did on the ground? Also even after the helmet rip it wouldn't have happened had Rudolph not chased after him with OL backup in front of him.

patteeu 11-15-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14597391)
That is entirely not ok not saying it is, but Rudolph 100% escalated that situation. He tried to pull Garretts helmet off, he kicked him in the dick, he then charged after him once he got up, what was the point of all that?

So why focus on Rudolph? There were escalations all along the path, but the first one was Garrett's late hit and followthrough embrace. Then Rudolph escalated. Then Garrett escalated some more. Then Pouncey and the rest happened.

patteeu 11-15-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14597394)
Did you dudes miss all the shit Rudolph did on the ground? Also even after the helmet rip it wouldn't have happened had Rudolph not chased after him with OL backup in front of him.

:facepalm:

SAUTO 11-15-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

garrett was late hitting the qb all game, he's done it all season.

pos person.

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597299)

You seem to have a bias here for some reason.

Mecca 11-15-2019 07:59 AM

If every QB who took a questionable hit acted like Rudolph did we'd have no sport. It wasn't like he got speared in the head.

The point is they are both at fault for this.

SAUTO 11-15-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14597401)
If every QB who took a questionable hit acted like Rudolph did we'd have no sport. It wasn't like he got speared in the head.

The point is they are both at fault for this.

how many personal fouls has rudolph had this season?

garrett?

Pennywise 11-15-2019 08:00 AM

There isn't enough choices in this poll.

SAUTO 11-15-2019 08:01 AM

pouncey went all aaron hernandez on the guy ROFL

Mecca 11-15-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14597403)
how many personal fouls has rudolph had this season?

garrett?

I don't really care about that to be honest with you. We've all seen QB's take late hits that were worse than that one, they didn't respond by trying to fight with the lineman.

Garrett reacted like a dumbass and so did Rudolph they both deserve suspensions.

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14597399)
garrett was late hitting the qb all game, he's done it all season.

pos person.

Yup, this reminded me of when the jags and ravens were blatantly hitting mahomes as much as they could get away with. Doesn't excuse Rudolph. But understand why he'd react how he did. Even if Rudolph had no excuse, there is literally no excuse for going after Rudolph with a helmet. One thing if it was a punch. That is another level of rage right there.

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2019 08:03 AM

All the shit happening up until the assualt happens pretty much every week. The mental gymnastics here is crazy.

scho63 11-15-2019 08:06 AM

8 games minimum for Garrett, half a season

Minor stuff for others, maybe a game for the Steeler guy kicking Garrett

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14597412)
8 games minimum for Garrett, half a season

Minor stuff for others, maybe a game for the Steeler guy kicking Garrett

Was that worse than what Hunt did? I think so.

ljmhawk 11-15-2019 08:11 AM

i think rest of the season for Garrett and some games next year....i’d go rest of this season and 8 games next year.

digger 11-15-2019 08:15 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eef-l5pcEIk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhawhaWhat 11-15-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 14597261)
The entire Browns franchise would have folded.

They've done that almost weekly for 20 years.

Prison Bitch 11-15-2019 08:39 AM

witter › OMAROSA
Omarosa
Media posted by Omarosa
❗️ Can we start from the beginning and take a look at this #BrownsVsSteelers exchange @MylesLGarrett and @Rudolph2Mason frame by frame? (thread) Why is he yanking on Garrett’s helmet? Will he be suspended for this?
12 mins ago

:doh!:

kcclone 11-15-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14597407)
I don't really care about that to be honest with you. We've all seen QB's take late hits that were worse than that one, they didn't respond by trying to fight with the lineman.

Garrett reacted like a dumbass and so did Rudolph they both deserve suspensions.

Yeah Rudolph definitely contributed to the situation. I would say 8 games for Garrett and 1-2 for Mason Rudolph.

The Franchise 11-15-2019 08:42 AM

I can see why Rudolph got pissed.

1. Late hit.
2. Drove him to the ground.
3. Continued to lay on top of him knowing that there was only 8 seconds left and he couldn’t run another play.

Should Rudolph reacted like he did? No. But I can see why he flew off the handle. And the “kicking in the dick” stuff looks to me like he’s trying to get Garrett off of him consider he has his face mask and he’s pulling him up off the field.

patteeu 11-15-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14597454)
Yeah Rudolph definitely contributed to the situation. I would say 8 games for Garrett and 1-2 for Mason Rudolph.

Would you have suspended Rudolph for twisting/yanking at Garrett's helmet if it didn't lead to anything beyond that? I don't think many would agree with a suspension under those circumstances.

The Franchise 11-15-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14597452)
witter › OMAROSA
Omarosa
Media posted by Omarosa
❗️ Can we start from the beginning and take a look at this #BrownsVsSteelers exchange @MylesLGarrett and @Rudolph2Mason frame by frame? (thread) Why is he yanking on Garrett’s helmet? Will he be suspended for this?
12 mins ago

:doh!:

This shit is going to turn into a race argument really quick.

patteeu 11-15-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14597463)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only took till 9:18am to get called a racist. Thought it would happen sooner. <a href="https://t.co/Q5xku9lDBa">https://t.co/Q5xku9lDBa</a></p>&mdash; Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) <a href="https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1195345384639488000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14597294)

Garrett has no such history. 8 games sounds about right. He might even get less if they take into account Rudolph not only trying to pull Garret's helmet off, but also kicking Garrett in the groin before the helmet swinging bit.

Wait did you really just say Garrett has no history? Dude has been on a suh level of roid rage all season long. He's out of control and it's not his first time.

He seems behaved off the field. But not like burfict was getting in much trouble off the field... While in the NFL at least.

Prison Bitch 11-15-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14597463)

It always does

SupDock 11-15-2019 08:45 AM

Rudolph definitely contributed, but I don't see anything worth a suspension. Garrett's hit was not late, but he definitely hung on late and unnecessarily.
Garrett will miss the rest of this season and some of next.

Chiefnj2 11-15-2019 08:46 AM

Pouncey reminded me of Jimmy going to town on Billy Batts.