ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Doubters repent thread: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327975)

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:29 PM

Doubters repent thread:

Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

edit:
the intent of this thread was not to lord anything over anyone about however frustrated or dejected you might have been during the 1st quarter of the Texans game. It was intended as a thread in which folks could talk about all the things they'd had a knee-jerk reaction to during the season which had turned out to be wrong. I thought it'd be fun and then we could all get on the bus the rest of the way to the 'ship. But of course, we can never all be pulling in the same direction, because Chiefsplanet. Carry on.

The Franchise 01-12-2020 06:31 PM

Showtime can **** off. His bus pass has been revoked.

BryanBusby 01-12-2020 06:32 PM

Not going to blame anyone for getting the PTSD. I know I sure as **** did.

Chief Northman 01-12-2020 06:33 PM

Q

tooge 01-12-2020 06:33 PM

I repent. I went to the gym when it was 21-0. Came out and the Chiefs were ahead. Maybe ill just go to the gym at the start next week.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14718528)

It's okay. Repent and be forgiven.

Your bus driver is also a Priest.

OKchiefs 01-12-2020 06:34 PM

I was a whiny little bitch, I admit it.

TwistedChief 01-12-2020 06:34 PM

The wheels on the bus go round and round!

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14718540)
I was a whiny little bitch, I admit it.

10 hail Patricks and pour a shot of whiskey out for Derrick Thomas.

BryanBusby 01-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14718536)
It's okay. Repent and be forgiven.

Your bus driver is also a Priest.

It's a moment to appreciate that we have Pat Mahomes. One of many.

Bowser 01-12-2020 06:35 PM

At 24-0 I had lost hope. How little I knew back then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14718533)
I repent. I went to the gym when it was 21-0. Came out and the Chiefs were ahead. Maybe ill just go to the gym at the start next week.

"Maybe"?

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14718551)
It's a moment to appreciate that we have Pat Mahomes. One of many.

I believe in Saint Patrick.

ChiefsFanatic 01-12-2020 06:36 PM

We were 1-7 in our last 8 home playoff games. As a franchise we had NEVER won playoff games in back to back seasons.

There is no reason to repent. Because Chiefs was in full effect.

But, I think Mahomes finally murdered the curse, and buried it 51 feet under the end zones.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

staylor26 01-12-2020 06:36 PM

I never once bashed anybody just thought we would have shit luck like always.

Looks like I was wrong and I’m glad to eat crow, but we’re not finished and unfortunately there’s still potential for a “Because Chiefs” moment. I’m confident as ever though.

FLHomer 01-12-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

With this teams history I wouldnt blame anyone for thinking it was over at the time.

493rd 01-12-2020 06:37 PM

I whined and thought the game was over at 24-0, but how many games aren’t at that point? What we saw today was history in the NFL. That is, being down by 20 and then winning by 20. Still, Mahomes is a special kind of special that should not be doubted.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14718553)
At 24-0 I had lost hope. How little I knew back then.

"Maybe"?

5 Our father, who art Big Red's. And pour a whiskey out for Otis Taylor.

frozenchief 01-12-2020 06:38 PM

I did get so irritated I left the bar and grill where I was watching and went home so I could rant/rejoice without disturbing others. There was a lady with about 4 kids nearby that kept looking at me whenever i would loudly say, "You have got to be kidding me!" But I watched the game when I got home because I knew if anyone could lead us back from the wilderness, it was Mahomes.

Papi 01-12-2020 06:39 PM

Only the homo-ist of the homers didn't have at least a little doubt with this franchise's post season track record.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14718567)
I whined and thought the game was over at 24-0, but how many games aren’t at that point? What we saw today was history in the NFL. That is, being down by 20 and then winning by 20. Still, Mahomes is a special kind of special that should not be doubted.

You must never lose faith in the Prince Who Was Promised.

20 Hail Patrick's and pour two shots out, one for Ed Podolak, one for Buck Buchanan.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 14718576)
Only the homo-ist of the homers didn't have at least a little doubt with this franchise's post season track record.

CONTRITION! DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHER****ER?!

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14718560)

Looks like I was wrong and I’m glad to eat crow, but we’re not finished and unfortunately there’s still potential for a “Because Chiefs” moment. I’m confident as ever though.

It's time to believe.

Three7s 01-12-2020 06:43 PM

I have repented.

Papi 01-12-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14718585)
CONTRITION! DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHER****ER?!

I only speak Murican

Molitoth 01-12-2020 06:55 PM

Who didn't doubt during that first quarter?

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14718688)

Even I, driver of the bus, did blink.

I knew that there was a lot of time, and I knew that at some point, they'd pull it together.

I knew the mountain was tall, but I knew that Saint Patrick could climb it if anyone could.

I knew that most of their points were fluke. They weren't dominating, they were opportunistic.

I knew we COULD. I didn't think we'd erase that 24 points and go into half-time in the lead, no.

swifty32661 01-12-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14718578)
You must never lose faith in the Prince Who Was Promised.

20 Hail Patrick's and pour two shots out, one for Ed Podolak, one for Buck Buchanan.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Chief Roundup 01-12-2020 07:41 PM

I think Mahomes said it best when asked about the fan that left when they were down 24-0. Don't come to the game next week.

God of Thunder 01-12-2020 07:43 PM

Guilty! I started a thread about Food Network!

Eleazar 01-12-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14718504)
Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

Glad we had people like you here to rally the troops :thumb:

Why Not? 01-12-2020 07:45 PM

I said an Andy Reid team wasn’t built to win tough games in the postseason. St Patrick has made me a believer. I will repent by being in the stands next week, loud AF.

BWillie 01-12-2020 07:46 PM

I thought we were cooked. But I'm going to rewatch the game at some point because it was so epic.

Chief Roundup 01-12-2020 07:48 PM

This is for you and your like Showtime. Listen to what Mahomes tells you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36KcFiu-vdY?start=1401" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 01-12-2020 07:49 PM

people sitting next to me left, and I told them while it looked dire it being the first quarter we could still come back and win.

The seats they left open made for lots of room for me and my party~

wheeler08 01-12-2020 07:49 PM

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad ****ing mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14719004)
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad ****ing mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.

Five hail Andy's, two our Patrick's, and pour a beer out for Hank Stram.

All is forgiven.

chinaski 01-12-2020 07:52 PM

Never a doubter.

Look at my previous posts.

"You sons-a-bitches, now you know how I feel" - George S. Patton

We are going to win the Super Bowl. I know it.

EPodolak 01-12-2020 07:53 PM

I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.

bdj23 01-12-2020 07:53 PM

Not gonna lie... sitting in Arrowhead being down 24-0 and 0/2 in playoff games, Because Cheifs started to creep back in on me.

Thankfully I didn't drink much, so I was a lot more rational. What a game though. Simply amazing.
!

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 07:56 PM

Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.

jerryaldini 01-12-2020 08:01 PM

Down 24 thought we still had maybe 20 percent chance. Guys were just playing so tight, and feared the mistakes were too in their heads. Once Sorenson stopped the fake I thought yeah, we got this.

siberian khatru 01-12-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14719042)
Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.

Truth.

I never checked out, because you never know. But I figured at that point they were gonna lose 34-24 or something. Too big a hole.

Chiefs=Champions 01-12-2020 08:04 PM

Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.

siberian khatru 01-12-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 14719075)
Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but when after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.

We’ve been on the other side of that. I know the feeling.

InChiefsHeaven 01-12-2020 08:10 PM

I was concerned...even in despair. But I held on to the FACT that we've seen this team score 28 points in the 2nd quarter, and we've seen this team score 31 in the second half...and I never turned off the game or lost hope. I was pissed, and I admit to thinking we were probably going to lose...but I never gave up hope. I've been at this shit too long, I live and die by these ****ers. GO CHIEFS!!!

Renegade 01-12-2020 08:12 PM

My PTSD went full Alex. I removed all Chiefs clothing from my body-that was the turning I am convinced. I did resist the urge to go do some else and be more productive. I did watch the entire game but I admit I was on edge the whole second half. I have seen the light and I shall not waiver my faith in Patrick again. I am now back on the bus

Buehler445 01-12-2020 10:50 PM

I thought we were done at 21-0. Holy shit. We have Mahomes.

bringbackmarty 01-12-2020 11:02 PM

I've got a bit of contrition to make to you personally Meck. Khalen Saunders appears to be a legitimate NFL DT. There are a few players that could have been drafted at that spot that were more impactful at their respective positions but with the injury to Jones and Williams being out, Saunders got to play a lot, played well at times and seems to have a future. I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit it.
Saunders

bringbackmarty 01-12-2020 11:03 PM

Was good this year.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 14719854)
I've got a bit of contrition to make to you personally Meck. Khalen Saunders appears to be a legitimate NFL DT. There are a few players that could have been drafted at that spot that were more impactful at their respective positions but with the injury to Jones and Williams being out, Saunders got to play a lot, played well at times and seems to have a future. I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit it.
Saunders

2 hail Patrick's, 3 fat Andy's and pour a shot out for Marty.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2020 11:07 PM

Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined had 5.5 sacks over 12 games in the postseason for the Chiefs. Clark had 3 sacks in his first game. Noice.

Chiefshrink 01-12-2020 11:12 PM

Down 24, I thought to myself, "Damn it Andy, you let the players watch the Ravens/Titans game and now by default they have looked past the Texans".:mad:

wheeler08 01-12-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14719869)
Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined had 5.5 sacks over 12 games in the postseason for the Chiefs. Clark had 3 sacks in his first game. Noice.

Wow, good stat to dig up. Props!

Son of Logical 01-12-2020 11:21 PM

I too must declare I was among the doubters after we went down 21-0. I had bellowed three times and scared my wife and kids. So I turned off the TV, took a shower, and accepted that out guys were probably going to lose. Started watching the game in spurts and every time I turned the game back on the Chiefs were in the red zone and about to score again. After it was 24-21 I decided I would watch the rest, and man was I not disappointed.

Inspector 01-12-2020 11:33 PM

A lot of people have a lot of emotion tied into this team. Over the decades there have been many ups and downs along the way. Today, I admit, during the first quarter I was miserable and in the depths of despair. And I vented. It seemed like it was going to be another playoff game like so many in the past.

I was wrong. I apologize. I've apologized to my wife. I had crow for dinner. (It was awful) And I've learned a lesson about a Patrick Mahomes led team that I will not forget.

What a roller coaster ride today. And that's part of why it was so great.

This is it. This is the year. We're going to bring the Lombardi to KC where it belongs and where it will spend a lot of time as long as we have Mahomes at the helm. Today all doubts were erased.

rabblerouser 01-12-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14718688)

*raises hand*

With 1 min left in the 1st, I told Clay and Twisted Chief that were about to score 28 in the 2nd quarter.

Chris Meck 01-12-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14719922)
*raises hand*

With 1 min left in the 1st, I told Clay and Twisted Chief that were about to score 28 in the 2nd quarter.

ROFL

rabblerouser 01-12-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14719925)
ROFL

You laugh, but it's a true story.

https://i.ibb.co/C8vMnQB/20200112-171705.jpg
tải album ảnh

Pitt Gorilla 01-12-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14718560)

At some point, you have to understand that Pat doesn't give a **** about your "Because Chiefs" horseshit.

Katie 01-12-2020 11:44 PM

Was I Pissed? Absolutely. But my philosophy has always been "never give up, never surrender". Not til time runs out.

rabblerouser 01-12-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 14719957)
Was I Pissed? Absolutely. But my philosophy has always been "never give up, never surrender". Not til time runs out.

Damn right, girl.

RaidersOftheCellar 01-12-2020 11:46 PM

Never committed any of these sins. I suppose I doubted the Clark signing at one point, but I don’t remember bashing him.

bringbackmarty 01-12-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14719859)
2 hail Patrick's, 3 fat Andy's and pour a shot out for Marty.

I will not pour a shot out for Marty because he is not dead, instead I will drink a very large shot of Jameson for Marty and do my best to remember it. Because Marty was a great coach and I remember the good times with him and the bad times make these good times so much better.

Bugeater 01-12-2020 11:48 PM

People actually left the stadium for good in the first qtr? I can see stepping away for a while to go have a smoke or a beer or something...

But to go to the trouble and expense of a ****ing playoff game just to leave...?

In the first ****ing quarter...?

Wow. Just wow.

bringbackmarty 01-12-2020 11:49 PM

Nobody has ever had a QB as good as mahomes. If Marty had mahomes,we would have won 9 super bowls.

Wallcrawler 01-13-2020 12:00 AM

I was ****ing pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.

F150 01-13-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14720007)
I was ****ing pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.

all of this

Hammock Parties 01-13-2020 12:11 AM

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Will Fuller ****ed us up. And we needed a lot more than 28 to win.

But in the end. Mahomes.

LiveSteam 01-13-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 14719025)
I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.

Bwaaahahaha

RollChiefsRoll 01-13-2020 12:50 AM

I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.

KurtCobain 01-13-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it's easy to get the, OH****PLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.

Bugeater 01-13-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 14720124)
I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.

Sooo you what....shut the game off and never turned it back on? Again, i get walking away for a bit, i do it all the time. But my God...how does someone not cool off and come to their senses or at least be somewhat curious? It was the first ****ing quarter....

JD10367 01-13-2020 01:16 AM

You guys are funny.

Before the game: “The Texans are awful, we’re gonna kill them!”
After one quarter: “We suck!”
After the game: “We’re the best ever, woooohoooo!!1!”

Well which is it?

Truth is... all of it. There’s a reason they say “any given Sunday”. From the best team to the worst, the margin is slim. Ask the Saints and Ravens. The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls, and it easily could’ve been 8 or easily could’ve been 0.

There’s no crime in getting pissed off when your team plays like shit. There’s no crime in getting excited when they turn it around and win. But it’s not like “HOW COULD YOU DOUBT?!?” Nothing is given.

Bugeater 01-13-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14720134)
Yeah, it's easy to get the, OH****PLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.

Anyone who says that they didn't get at least a touch of that is either lying, or just became a Chiefs fan last year.

crayzkirk 01-13-2020 04:11 AM

Yeah, once it was 21 zip I was getting really bummed. My nephew and brother in law both went to go take a nap. I never quit watching, it was like watching a train wreck. I started thinking about the 28 point 2nd quarter against the Raiders. Started letting a little bit of hope creep back in. If they can just get 7, then if they can just get 14, then if they can just get to 21 before half.

Now... I can't sleep...

The Chiefs have always been on the wrong end of these games. We now have that guy at QB, the one that refuses to give up.

Buehler445 01-13-2020 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14720171)
Anyone who says that they didn't get at least a touch of that is either lying, or just became a Chiefs fan last year.

Oh hell. I forgot we have bandwagon fans. Shit. This is weird man.

DTHOF 01-13-2020 05:08 AM

I was texting my brother. I was losing it and he said we got this, we have scored 28 in the second qtr below and sure 'nough we did.

jallmon 01-13-2020 06:37 AM

I did freak a bit on Ward when I felt he gave up on a pass play and let them get the big gain. And the muffed punt by Hill cause me to scream "you have to be shitting me!" The dogs and cats left my man cave...so I watched the glorious comeback by my lonesome.

But, man alive!, 7 TDs in 7 drives or whatever it ended up being, was sure fun. Also, the 3 TDs in 7 plays was very therapeutic. The Chiefs offense is a juggernaut when people hold onto the ball and wait for the snap count. Impressive.

I wonder, what was Mike Vrabel thinking when he watched that?

GloryDayz 01-13-2020 07:02 AM

OK I'll admit it, I was a tad mean yesterday.

Rasputin 01-13-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14718516)
Showtime can **** off. His bus pass has been revoked.

He defiantly needs a name change he is not worthy to be called Showtime. He is disgraceful to have it.