ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ghostbusters! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333151)

Megatron96 08-23-2020 04:05 PM

Ghostbusters!

So just got home and Ghostbusters (original) is on. Forgot just how funny this movie really was. Spit my bite of pizza out when Murray investigates Sigourney Weaver's apartment. Great stuff.

Megatron96 08-23-2020 04:18 PM

"Egon: Don’t cross the streams.
Peter: Why?
Egon: It would be bad.
Peter: I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean “bad”?
Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Raymond: Total protonic reversal.
Peter: That’s bad. Okay. Alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon."

Buehler445 08-23-2020 06:22 PM

Yeah. When he realizes she’s possessed it is hilarious.

Megatron96 08-23-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15126410)
Yeah. When he realizes she’s possessed it is hilarious.

"Okay. My girlfriend's a dog."

lcarus 08-24-2020 12:09 AM

Somebody on this forum listed Ghostbusters as a movie that didn't hold up. Some thread about movies you loved as a kid and then rewatched as an adult and didn't like it. Which in my opinion is nuts. Movie is great even after seeing it 100 times over 35 years.

Deberg_1990 08-24-2020 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15126888)
Somebody on this forum listed Ghostbusters as a movie that didn't hold up. Some thread about movies you loved as a kid and then rewatched as an adult and didn't like it. Which in my opinion is nuts. Movie is great even after seeing it 100 times over 35 years.

Agree. There are lots of 80s movies that don’t hold up. This isn’t one of them.

InChiefsHeaven 08-24-2020 06:45 AM

Watching the original, it never gets old and totally holds up. Even the special effects, which are not as CGI Awesome as they are nowadays, does not deflect from the awesomeness of the movie. Anyone who says it doesn't hold up is thinking about that aspect I would suspect.

Also, the 2016 abominable remake is a lesson in how not to mess with something that's perfect.

lawrenceRaider 08-24-2020 07:54 AM

Tremendous movie that I enjoy each and every time I watch it.

Fish 08-24-2020 10:42 AM

FYI... it's on AMC right meow.

htismaqe 08-24-2020 06:28 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d16b...itemid=3455934

Raiderhater 08-24-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15128106)

Best alley-oop and dunk of the film.

htismaqe 08-24-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15128186)
Best alley-oop and dunk of the film.

And one of the best in movie history.

Raiderhater 08-24-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15128201)
And one of the best in movie history.

I won't disagree with that.

lcarus 08-25-2020 12:29 AM

You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.

Baby Lee 08-25-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15128711)
You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.

Whose side are you on, man!!???!!

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/customav...ar13798_17.gif

htismaqe 08-25-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Did somebody get new insurance?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_zvzcOZGr2E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 08-25-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15128719)

LMAO

BWillie 08-25-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15126940)
Agree. There are lots of 80s movies that don’t hold up. This isn’t one of them.

Is Stripes an 80's movie? My mom made me watch it the other day. Wasn't really even funny. Yet I love Ghostbusters and almost any other John Candy & Bill Murray movies.

BWillie 08-25-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15128925)
Did somebody get new insurance?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_zvzcOZGr2E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All of those commercials are so hilarious.

RockChalk 08-25-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.

He's fantastic at it in Die Hard

Baby Lee 08-25-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15129033)
All of those commercials are so hilarious.

You see it, right?

Deberg_1990 08-25-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

William Atherton.

He basically played the same role in Ghostbusters, Die Hard and Real Genius. But he was so damn good at it.

lcarus 08-25-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15128719)

I'm on Slimer's side damn it! He didn't do nothin wrong. He just wants some hot dogs and shit.

InChiefsHeaven 08-25-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

this is like the argument that Indiana Jones was really un-needed and in the end did nothing to affect the outcome of Raiders of the Lost Ark...maybe it's true but SO WHAT??
:D

Baby Lee 08-25-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15129458)
this is like the argument that Indiana Jones was really un-needed and in the end did nothing to affect the outcome of Raiders of the Lost Ark...maybe it's true but SO WHAT??

That is a hilarious observation that is simultaneously irrelevant and so telling about our entertainment blinders.

There's a whole discussion out there about it, but for those not familiar, if you take an objective look at Raiders, Indy didn't do a single thing of consequence for the storyline. He showed up late to all the important discoveries. He watched all tied up while it was carted around. All the 'wrong hands' he was supposed to save it from were destroyed by the Ark itself, and it ended up in a random warehouse. He had as much impact as we did in the movie theater.

Megatron96 08-25-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15129026)
Is Stripes an 80's movie? My mom made me watch it the other day. Wasn't really even funny. Yet I love Ghostbusters and almost any other John Candy & Bill Murray movies.

Only the first half of Stripes is any good. Once they go off to Germany, the movie falls off a cliff.

Megatron96 08-25-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15129829)
That is a hilarious observation that is simultaneously irrelevant and so telling about our entertainment blinders.

There's a whole discussion out there about it, but for those not familiar, if you take an objective look at Raiders, Indy didn't do a single thing of consequence for the storyline. He showed up late to all the important discoveries. He watched all tied up while it was carted around. All the 'wrong hands' he was supposed to save it from were destroyed by the Ark itself, and it ended up in a random warehouse. He had as much impact as we did in the movie theater.

Well, except that there's no movie if he's not in it . . .

Molitoth 08-25-2020 04:19 PM

Prob one of the most re-watchable movies of all time.

As a kid, I did NOT see this as a comedy, but as an Adult I still think it's funny.
Such a great script.

lcarus 08-25-2020 04:30 PM

I actually like Ghostbusters 2 a lot too. I know a lot of people hate it and for obvious reasons, but I remember being 8 years old and nearly pissing myself with excitement when my dad told me he got tickets for us to see it at the theater.

Deberg_1990 08-25-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

If Indy never travels to the Middle East, then the Germans likely never find the Gold Medallion. They were digging in the wrong spot.

Unless they kill Marion in the bar and find it.

PurpleJesus28 08-25-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15129925)
Only the first half of Stripes is any good. Once they go off to Germany, the movie falls off a cliff.

I concur.I always thought of Stripes as a classic,but i don't really like the second half either.Speaking of Ghostbusters,i liked Louis as an underrated character,he cracks me up.

htismaqe 08-25-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15129964)
I actually like Ghostbusters 2 a lot too. I know a lot of people hate it and for obvious reasons, but I remember being 8 years old and nearly pissing myself with excitement when my dad told me he got tickets for us to see it at the theater.

The 2nd movie is great. Different, but great. I get why a lot of people might not like it but I love it.

Frazod 08-25-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15129458)

<iframe width="670" height="377" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cfUUGrSMmxI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2020 01:31 PM

I met the Peck dude in RL at a bar in L.A. Actually pretty cool guy, must suck that every person who watched movies back in the 80's thought he was a douche bag

Baby Lee 09-07-2020 08:36 PM

forgot how much this line slayed me as a kid.

Listen!!! . . . You smell something?

InChiefsHeaven 09-09-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15129992)
If Indy never travels to the Middle East, then the Germans likely never find the Gold Medallion. They were digging in the wrong spot.

Unless they kill Marion in the bar and find it.

Please see post from Frazod above...

InChiefsHeaven 09-09-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15153061)

The move was full of awesomeness like that too. Iconic scenes and lines...so awesome the shit will turn you white!

Baby Lee 04-07-2021 09:31 AM

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CiaZ1Z4ZJoM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 04-07-2021 09:39 AM

Yes. They did it. YES.

And you know Bill Murray's ghost is showing up at the end.

ToxSocks 04-07-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15618051)
<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CiaZ1Z4ZJoM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

****ING IN!

Hammock Parties 04-07-2021 09:59 AM

It really is a ****ing genious concept.

Your audience was kids when they saw the OG Ghostbusters.

Make a movie about kids discovering the OG Ghostbusters.

Grown up audience collectively and vicariously re-experiences their childhood through concept.

The Franchise 04-07-2021 10:06 AM

**** yes.

lcarus 04-07-2021 12:41 PM

Shoot you know I'm in. Can't wait to see when/if/how Slimer shows up!

And it's never too late to hope for a baby Vigo the Carpathian? Nvm I guess that's just a....baby.

KC_Lee 04-07-2021 01:05 PM

Like the Baskin & Robbins Easter egg at the beginning of the trailer.

htismaqe 04-07-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15153061)

Dan Akroyd's delivery of the line "it's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" - the look on his face - is one of the classic scenes of all time IMO.

InChiefsHeaven 04-07-2021 03:43 PM

I'm looking forward. After the forgettable reboot of 2016, anything should be better...I hope.

InChiefsHeaven 04-07-2021 03:45 PM

Shandor Mining Company...Shiiiiiit...

InChiefsHeaven 04-07-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15618765)
Dan Akroyd's delivery of the line "it's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" - the look on his face - is one of the classic scenes of all time IMO.

Yes it's true...this man has no dick...

Das a biiig twinkie...

So many great lines in that damn movie...

CoMoChief 04-07-2021 04:30 PM

No SJW/feminist fueled woman cast?

Sign me up!

Molitoth 04-08-2021 10:28 AM

HELL YES

cabletech94 04-08-2021 12:20 PM

I SAW SLIMER IN THAT CLIP!!!!!

rabblerouser 04-08-2021 05:55 PM

"Yes, it's true. This man has no dick."

SAGA45 04-09-2021 11:54 PM

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say...YES!"

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-12-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Well, he did save Marion from torture at the hands of Toht.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2021 05:50 PM

Dana: This is the bedroom, but nothing ever happens in there

Ray: what a crime...

Bill Murray’s performance is an all timer in this.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2021 04:33 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The fun’s just starting. 👀 Happy <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ghostbusters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ghostbusters</a> Day! <a href="https://t.co/Z7BVlRCUDU">pic.twitter.com/Z7BVlRCUDU</a></p>&mdash; Ghostbusters (@Ghostbusters) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status/1402264157857009664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

InChiefsHeaven 06-09-2021 06:23 AM

When is this ****er coming out??

Deberg_1990 06-09-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15702092)
When is this ****er coming out??

It’s gotten bumped around a lot, but now looks like November

Baby Lee 07-27-2021 08:47 AM

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HR-WxNVLZhQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 07-27-2021 08:50 AM

I didn’t see much comedy in that trailer.

They’ve gone the hybrid action/stranger things route.

lcarus 07-27-2021 09:01 AM

It's November now? Christ I thought this was coming out in August.

RockChalk 07-27-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15757070)

Whatever they have done, it makes me want to go see this. Earlier trailers did nothing for me.

Raiderhater 07-27-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

It does kind of have that look/feel but, with Paul Rudd in it I’d be surprised I f there aren’t plenty of laughs. And that sure sounded like Bill Murray answering the phone at the end. I think the humor will be there.

tk13 07-27-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15757100)
It does kind of have that look/feel but, with Paul Rudd in it I’d be surprised I f there aren’t plenty of laughs. And that sure sounded like Bill Murray answering the phone at the end. I think the humor will be there.

It was Dan Akroyd.

Raiderhater 07-27-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15757136)
It was Dan Akroyd.

Not saying your wrong but, I don’t hear it, even after now re-listening to it with him in mind. :shrug:

Sure-Oz 07-27-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15757160)
Not saying your wrong but, I don’t hear it, even after now re-listening to it with him in mind. :shrug:

It's akroyd.

Deberg_1990 07-27-2021 11:20 AM

IMDB says Murray, Ackroyd, Sigourney Weaver and Ernie Hudson are all in it. And they show Annie Potts in the trailer.

RockChalk 07-27-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15757337)
It's akroyd.

BS. It's Ernie Hudson. I can tell.

Raiderhater 07-27-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15757337)
It's akroyd.

Ok, I’m just mishearing something then.

Raiderhater 07-27-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15757468)

Finally saw enough shit to turn him white?

Fish 07-27-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15757468)

No it's not. It's Rick Moranis.

RockChalk 07-27-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15757556)
No it's not. It's Rick Moranis.

Just watched it again. It's clearly William Atherton.

That said, would be a phenomenal cameo if Rick kicked back off his acting career in this.

Mennonite 07-27-2021 04:19 PM

Definitely Fred Garvin picking up the phone at the end.

Quote:

Yep. Looks like a kids movie to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15757777)
JIt's clearly William Atherton.

There was an actor from the late 80s named Gavan O'Herlihy who I constantly confused with Atherton.

sully1983 07-27-2021 07:30 PM

It at least looks like a major improvement over the cringe worthy feminazi version of the Ghostbusters.

The trailer has me intrigued enough especially the very end of it. Paul Rudd is usually really reliable and I wasn't aware that Carrie Coon is in this too (she was great in The Leftovers on HBO).
Hoping this is entertaining.

Sure-Oz 07-27-2021 10:07 PM

I've got hopes that this will be fun and nostalgic. Definitely some feels on that trailer.

Frazod 07-27-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15757136)
It was Dan Akroyd.

Definitely Akroyd.

Also, at 1:41, a female voice says, "Oh my God." Pretty sure that's Weaver.

listopencil 07-28-2021 12:57 AM

Sounds like Aykroyd using his serious voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91XUyg9iWM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c91XUyg9iWM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mennonite 07-28-2021 11:46 AM

40+ years later and the "ignorant slut" comeback is still funny.

Ecto-I 11-17-2021 04:32 PM

Will come as no surprise given my avatar that I'm going to see the new Ghostbusters tomorrow night.

Excited but also nervous. That 2016 version sucked and I'm hoping this is at least entertaining and funny.

Molitoth 11-18-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 15960595)
Will come as no surprise given my avatar that I'm going to see the new Ghostbusters tomorrow night.

Excited but also nervous. That 2016 version sucked and I'm hoping this is at least entertaining and funny.

Paul Rudd.

It's going to be good.