ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333608)

Fish 09-14-2020 10:14 PM

Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time

These are crazy delicious, if you missed these during the previous limited sale....

Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time

https://www.chewboom.com/wp-content/...me-678x381.jpg

Popeyes welcomes back Ghost Pepper Wings as the chain’s latest limited time offering.

The returning fan-favorites feature bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes marinated in an “exotic blend of peppers” including a “dash” of ghost peppers – battered and breaded in a Southern style crispy coating and deep-fried until golden and crispy.

Ghost Pepper Wings are available in a variety of options, including 6-piece and 12-piece combos served with one regular side, a biscuit and drink, plus your choice of dipping sauce. Dinner options are also available minus the drink.

They’re also offering the Ultimate Wing Bundle, where you get 24-pieces of Ghost Pepper Wings served with your choice of 4 regular sides, 4 biscuits, 4 drinks and 4 dipping sauces for $29.99, although prices may vary by location.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...s-back-on-menu

Dante84 09-14-2020 10:18 PM

If I wanted to piss out my butt, I’d rather have Pat pee in it first instead.

Frazod 09-14-2020 10:21 PM

I’ll have to try these. Popeye’s rules.

Had one those sandwiches for dinner earlier. Goddamn they’re good.

Jewish Rabbi 09-14-2020 10:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZMRPDCroysA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2020 10:28 PM

Love Popeyes.

KCTea 09-15-2020 04:43 AM

Eh. Think I'll pass. Dang things gonna be too spicy to enjoy, I bet.

Titty Meat 09-15-2020 04:51 AM

I cant tell if those are whats making my ass bleed or if it was the fun I had with Simply Red.

Either way I'm wearing a diaper.

htismaqe 09-15-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15169247)
Love Popeyes.

For us, it's hit and miss.

One time it's crispy and fresh, the next time it's spongy and gross. Same store even.

I've about given up on fast food. It's especially frustrating when I want to try something new and am trying to convince my family (who has a phobia of trying new things ROFL) and that happens.

Twice in the last couple of months I've tried something by myself, had a great experience and as soon as I convince my family to try it, they whip up some shit on a shingle and my family says "never again".

Jmart 09-15-2020 12:38 PM

These have very good flavor. They are not that hot. I am a "chili head" though, but I would rate these like 3.5-4 for heat on a scale of 1-10. They can't make them true "Ghost Pepper" wings and sell to the public as they would be too hot for most of the population. Very good, though. I've had them twice in the last week!

Megatron96 09-15-2020 12:40 PM

Are these things worth going 20 miles to get? Because I love wings, and I really like Popeyes, and I just figured out that an order of those things would fit in my diet. But I'm not going to the trouble if they're just okay.

Jmart 09-15-2020 12:44 PM

YES. The nearest Popeyes is a good 20 minute drive from me and like I stated I've had them twice in the last week. They are a limited menu item so I would say the drive is worth it. Probably wouldn't be though if much further than that. They are really good IMO.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2020 12:46 PM

Had 'em for lunch.

htismaqe nailed it - last time they were on the menu they were amazing. This time the wings were scrawny and the grease wasn't quite hot enough so they countered by cooking them longer. So they ended up greasier and with a slight charred flavor rather than that nice hard crunch and a juicy wing.

The flavor of them is still damn good - but it was definitely not a strong effort. I'll give 'em another go before they're gone because they're awfully tasty but it's funny that Popeyes inconsistency was specifically noted and sho 'nuff, they had an off day.

At least they got my order right - that's a nice change for Popeyes...

scho63 09-15-2020 12:59 PM

Every time I've eaten at Popeye's my sandwich or chicken has been fantastic, hot, and juicy. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I like things with some spice and will eat Indian food and spicy Thai to a point but if I can't taste what I'm eating cause it's all heat, it's worthless.

Sorce 09-15-2020 01:11 PM

I love spicy food but for some reason Popeye's spicy stuff means a burning butthole, every time. It's not even that spicy and I don't have that issue with other spicy foods. It is good though so sometimes it's worth it.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2020 01:13 PM

I wish their dipping sauces weren't ass.

Even looking at that tub of plasticy 'ranch' dip kills my appetite. How can they not have a single halfway decent dipping sauce?

I pretty much just grab the little plastic ketchup package of texas petes and that's that. They don't even have a mediocre option.

ToxSocks 09-15-2020 01:14 PM

Damn, just had some WingStop Mango-Habeneros for dinner last night.

I wanna try these but my stomach can't take two consecutive days of spicy chicken.

ToxSocks 09-15-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15170192)

Whoa whoa, buddy. Their Sweet Heat sauce is legit.

htismaqe 09-15-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15170194)

I wanna try these but my stomach can't take two consecutive days of spicy chicken.

I used to eat the atomic wings at Wing Stop (go to the one on Choteau Trafficway!) but after my stomach surgery, I haven't had the courage yet.

scho63 09-15-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15170194)

Just LOVE the combo of Mango Habenero! :thumb:

Yesterday I had wings at an Irish bar Fibber Magees and ordered the wings with Sweet Chili and Hot then mixed 'em together.

alpha_omega 09-15-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTea (Post 15169590)
Eh. Think I'll pass. Dang things gonna be too spicy to enjoy, I bet.

This.

Frazod 09-15-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15170192)

Even looking at that tub of plasticy 'ranch' dip kills my appetite. How can they not have a single halfway decent dipping sauce?

I pretty much just grab the little plastic ketchup package of texas petes and that's that. They don't even have a mediocre option.

What? I love their blackened ranch sauce. Goes perfectly with the spicy tenders. That was my go-to meal before they came out with the sandwich. And I mainly grab the sandwich now because the dining area is closed because of the covid crap. I prefer to eat the tenders at the restaurant. The sandwich is better for drive thru.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15170195)
Whoa whoa, buddy. Their Sweet Heat sauce is legit.

Not enough heat - just tastes like sugar to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15170220)
What? I love their blackened ranch sauce. Goes perfectly with the spicy tenders. That was my go-to meal before they came out with the sandwich. And I mainly grab the sandwich now because the dining area is closed because of the covid crap. I prefer to eat the tenders at the restaurant. The sandwich is better for drive thru.

Ugh - it's, like, yellow. It has so much potential but it just falls on its face because you can literally taste the shelf-stabilizers in it. I pretty much hate grocery store ranch dressing so maybe that's the problem - anything like that tends to have cheap mayo as its base and it just tastes way to sour to me. Duke's Mayo is the only mayo I'll use and it's a fantastic salad dressing base.

I've had to take to making my own ranch dressing because bars and restaurants that make their 'scratch' dressings are the only places that have decent ranch.

If they'd package their spicy chicken sandwich sauce, I'd be in, though.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2020 01:44 PM

Bottom line: I just hoard McDonalds spicy mustard packets anytime we're on a road trip and the kids request chicken nuggets. We won't let them have dips in the car so it's 6 spicy mustard packages and into the fridge they go when we get home.

That shit's great on anything. And the 'sawsome sauce at Wendy's is pretty legit as well.

Frazod 09-15-2020 01:51 PM

Man, you're one picky sonofabitch, aren't you? :D

Marcellus 09-15-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15170132)
Had 'em for lunch.

htismaqe nailed it - last time they were on the menu they were amazing. This time the wings were scrawny and the grease wasn't quite hot enough so they countered by cooking them longer. So they ended up greasier and with a slight charred flavor rather than that nice hard crunch and a juicy wing.

The flavor of them is still damn good - but it was definitely not a strong effort. I'll give 'em another go before they're gone because they're awfully tasty but it's funny that Popeyes inconsistency was specifically noted and sho 'nuff, they had an off day.

At least they got my order right - that's a nice change for Popeyes...

Well shit now I am going to have to go try them.

Frazod 09-15-2020 02:01 PM

I also get the feeling that DJ's local Popeye's kind of sucks. I've never had an issue at mine.

Of course, mine's right next door to a Chick-Fil-A, so I can only assume that really keeps them on their toes.

Pointer19 09-15-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15170263)
I've had to take to making my own ranch dressing because bars and restaurants that make their 'scratch' dressings are the only places that have decent ranch.

If they'd package their spicy chicken sandwich sauce, I'd be in, though.

My mom’s the only person I’ve ever know to ask if the restaurant’s ranch is homemade wherever we go. There are two of you!

Agreed on the spicy sandwich sauce.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15170312)
I also get the feeling that DJ's local Popeye's kind of sucks. I've never had an issue at mine.

Of course, mine's right next door to a Chick-Fil-A, so I can only assume that really keeps them on their toes.

The one up north is the worst.

The one by my office is usually legit. They just didn't have it today.

There is never a better meal in your entire life than a ziplock bag of cold spicy popeyes pulled from the beer cooler at a sand-bar on a float trip.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I even go on float trips anymore is so can get stagger through the first couple of hours of that trip (the friday night pre-games are pretty epic), fall down on the rocks half-hung over, half drunk, devour that first biscuit and proceed to eat 8 pieces of cold spicy chicken while hammering Busch heavy (yes, this is an acceptable float trip beer).

It's pretty much vindication for all the shit you go through the other 364 days of the year. At that point you remember why you even bother most mornings. Because at some point you're gonna get that damn float trip lunch and it will all be worth it.

sedated 09-15-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15170269)
Bottom line: I just hoard McDonalds spicy mustard packets anytime we're on a road trip and the kids request chicken nuggets. We won't let them have dips in the car so it's 6 spicy mustard packages and into the fridge they go when we get home.

That shit's great on anything. And the 'sawsome sauce at Wendy's is pretty legit as well.

McD's still has spicy mustard? I asked for it like 5 years ago and they said they only had honey mustard (which was a joke, it might as well have been mayo).

sedated 09-15-2020 04:29 PM

Wings just don't seem like something that should be breaded. I don't know what it is.

JimNasium 09-15-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15170658)
Wings just don't seem like something that should be breaded. I don't know what it is.

I love breaded wings.

Fish 09-15-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

I don't know, man. Breaded wings done right are really really tasty. It's got to be fresh though, and it's got to be cooked correctly. But when done right, when you get a nice crispy exterior, and shake some sauce on it, and serve right away.... gotdamn.....

vailpass 09-15-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Grilled naked wings are very good and better for you, relatively speaking. That’s what I get if I get wings. Unless I’m drunk enough at a bar with that serves fried breaded wings. God damn are those things good then, grease bomb and all.

Simply Red 09-15-2020 08:31 PM

I will have to try them.

Fish 09-15-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15171043)
I will have to try them.

https://merisworlddotcom.files.wordp...-1mb.gif?w=360

htismaqe 09-15-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15171022)
I don't know, man. Breaded wings done right are really really tasty. It's got to be fresh though, and it's got to be cooked correctly. But when done right, when you get a nice crispy exterior, and shake some sauce on it, and serve right away.... gotdamn.....

Yup.

I don't even do traditional bone-in wings anymore. If they're not breaded and crispy, I like them smoked.

srvy 09-15-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15169623)
For us, it's hit and miss.

One time it's crispy and fresh, the next time it's spongy and gross. Same store even.

I've about given up on fast food. It's especially frustrating when I want to try something new and am trying to convince my family (who has a phobia of trying new things ROFL) and that happens.

Twice in the last couple of months I've tried something by myself, had a great experience and as soon as I convince my family to try it, they whip up some shit on a shingle and my family says "never again".

This is about where I am at. The closest Popeyes to be is less than 2 miles away but it might as well be 50 it's that disgusting. It either dry or undercooked and rubbery. I refuse to drive more than 2 miles for most fast food so I avoid.

I've driven home late from work tired and rolled through a fast food drive-through to eat and get home to relax. It always seems to in in a big letdown. I always think to myself I could have just wated 30 more minutes and microwaved a couple of dogs and been happer and saved 7 bucks.

srvy 09-15-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15171038)
Grilled naked wings are very good and better for you, relatively speaking. That’s what I get if I get wings. Unless I’m drunk enough at a bar with that serves fried breaded wings. God damn are those things good then, grease bomb and all.

Oh hell yes. This is the way.

srvy 09-15-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmart (Post 15170106)
These have very good flavor. They are not that hot. I am a "chili head" though, but I would rate these like 3.5-4 for heat on a scale of 1-10. They can't make them true "Ghost Pepper" wings and sell to the public as they would be too hot for most of the population. Very good, though. I've had them twice in the last week!

I am far from a pepper head but I can stand a little heat when I want to pay for my foolish ways the next day.

I tried those ghost pepper wings last go around and found them fairly mild but flavorful. I was out of town working though and anything tastes better that isn't a crappy burger and one of the fast food burger joints. I just won't consider them at my nearest to home popeyes as I know they will f them up.

Fishpicker 09-15-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15171242)
This is about where I am at. The closest Popeyes to be is less than 2 miles away but it might as well be 50 it's that disgusting. It either dry or undercooked and rubbery. I refuse to drive more than 2 miles for most fast food so I avoid.

I've driven home late from work tired and rolled through a fast food drive-through to eat and get home to relax. It always seems to in in a big letdown. I always think to myself I could have just wated 30 more minutes and microwaved a couple of dogs and been happer and saved 7 bucks.

this is where I am at too. All fast food chains are capable of producing good food but they are wildly inconsistent. those ghost wings sound good but I'm not gonna find out.

I would rather spend money on a sure thing.... wings from Slim Chickens, wings from Old Chicago... those are great. Zaxxbys serves good wings too. outside of those 3, I'm not going to risk it

Clyde Frog 09-16-2020 01:13 AM

They were a good buy. Crust was crispy, seasoning was on point and the taste was what you would expect of a Popeyes product but they were not as spicy as I imagined a "ghost pepper" labeled item would be. Only gripe is the the wings were tiny...but I guess non steroid chicken is a good thing.

Why Not? 09-16-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15170205)
Just LOVE the combo of Mango Habenero! :thumb:

Yesterday I had wings at an Irish bar Fibber Magees and ordered the wings with Sweet Chili and Hot then mixed 'em together.

Tiny bit off topic but I was in Eureka Springs once and happened upon a little dessert place that was advertising homemade habanero strawberry ice cream. I decided to try some. One of the best tasting scoops of ice cream I’ve ever eaten!

Fish 09-16-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15171242)

Yeah, who wants to risk fast food when you've got microwaved hot dogs? LOL

lewdog 09-16-2020 08:09 AM

Microwaved hot dogs.....

My 2 year olds favorite meal.

Dayze 09-16-2020 09:18 AM

the fast food in the immediate area near my house is just pure garbage. I can actually smell the old grease from the nearby sonic and hardee's by my house lol.

only thing that is consistent / good is the Chipotle near me. we just got a wing stop, but I briefly browsed their prices online last weekend as I was interested in trying it...and seemed pretty over priced. I don't mind paying for food if it's good...but that's the problem in my area. it's all trash and not worth it.

nearest Popeyes is probably 15 minutes away and has always been good, sans a time here and there. It's just never on our radar due to the traffic chaos in the immediate area.

bonus, I have a Go Chicken Go probably 1/2 mile down the street.

htismaqe 09-16-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 15171274)
this is where I am at too. All fast food chains are capable of producing good food but they are wildly inconsistent. those ghost wings sound good but I'm not gonna find out.

I would rather spend money on a sure thing.... wings from Slim Chickens, wings from Old Chicago... those are great. Zaxxbys serves good wings too. outside of those 3, I'm not going to risk it

Old Chicago here is anything BUT a sure thing. A couple of times, their food was inedible.

htismaqe 09-16-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15171449)
Microwaved hot dogs.....

My 2 year olds favorite meal.

My 9 year old niece doesn't even microwave them. She just gets one out of the fridge and eats it.

htismaqe 09-16-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 15171559)
the fast food in the immediate area near my house is just pure garbage. I can actually smell the old grease from the nearby sonic and hardee's by my house lol.

only thing that is consistent / good is the Chipotle near me. we just got a wing stop, but I briefly browsed their prices online last weekend as I was interested in trying it...and seemed pretty over priced. I don't mind paying for food if it's good...but that's the problem in my area. it's all trash and not worth it.

nearest Popeyes is probably 15 minutes away and has always been good, sans a time here and there. It's just never on our radar due to the traffic chaos in the immediate area.

bonus, I have a Go Chicken Go probably 1/2 mile down the street.

Wing Stop is a franchise. Right owner = good food. Really good food.

Wrong owner = garbage.

Pants 09-16-2020 10:17 AM

Thanks to this thread, I am getting those Popeyes wings tonight.

vailpass 09-16-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15171646)
Thanks to this thread, I am getting those Popeyes wings tonight.

Maybe get you a Travis Scott combo at McDs to go with it.

DJ's left nut 09-16-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15172258)
Maybe get you a Travis Scott combo at McDs to go with it.

So what the hell is this Travis Scott combo they're pimping the hell out of? Did I miss a contest of some sort?

In either event, the McDonalds here in CoMo had spicy mcnuggets today that they said were a limited time offer. Anybody else have 'em? I wondered if we're a test market.

They were solid. Wendy's are better (frankly the Spicy McChicken is better) but they'll do in a pinch.

Dayze 09-16-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15171643)
Wing Stop is a franchise. Right owner = good food. Really good food.

Wrong owner = garbage.

good to know. didn't realize it was franchise type place.

vailpass 09-16-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15172270)
So what the hell is this Travis Scott combo they're pimping the hell out of? Did I miss a contest of some sort?

In either event, the McDonalds here in CoMo had spicy mcnuggets today that they said were a limited time offer. Anybody else have 'em? I wondered if we're a test market.

They were solid. Wendy's are better (frankly the Spicy McChicken is better) but they'll do in a pinch.

My son got one the other day. Pretty much a quarter pounder with cheese add bacon from what I could tell, with a side of bbq sauce for dipping the frys. The hell of it is he wants the Travis Scott chicken mcnugget body pillow now. $90. For a pillow that looks exactly like a chicken nugget.
And yeah, I had to ask him who the hell is Travis Scott.

Yes, they had spicy nuggets on the menu too. I don't eat that shit but my teenage sons are, well, teenagers.

htismaqe 09-16-2020 03:43 PM

Travis Scott.

ROFLROFLROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9jCkU-eIlJA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 09-16-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15172363)
My son got one the other day. Pretty much a quarter pounder with cheese add bacon from what I could tell, with a side of bbq sauce for dipping the frys. The hell of it is he wants the Travis Scott chicken mcnugget body pillow now. $90. For a pillow that looks exactly like a chicken nugget.
And yeah, I had to ask him who the hell is Travis Scott.

Yes, they had spicy nuggets on the menu too. I don't eat that shit but my teenage sons are, well, teenagers.

Don't forget the Sprite.

Megatron96 09-16-2020 03:47 PM

Who is Travis Scott?

sedated 09-16-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Its kind of an interesting idea. Nothing really new to add to the menu, just add lettuce to one of your burgers and throw some sauce in the bag to go with the fries. But I guarantee kids are out there buying it up just for the novelty.

The brilliance on the guy's part is he's probably getting paid to be a part of it, and it will get him more famous than whatever else he's done.

(I want to see a special with the drink as half Sprite/half orange drink - I worked at McD's in high school and was shocked how many people ordered that)

htismaqe 09-16-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15172409)
Its kind of an interesting idea. Nothing really new to add to the menu, just add lettuce to one of your burgers and throw some sauce in the bag to go with the fries. But I guarantee kids are out there buying it up just for the novelty.

The brilliance on the guy's part is he's probably getting paid to be a part of it, and it will get him more famous than whatever else he's done.

(I want to see a special with the drink as half Sprite/half orange drink - I worked at McD's in high school and was shocked how many people ordered that)

No way does his name on a burger get him him more PR than what I posted. LOL

LittleMeatballNick 09-16-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

I had the spicy nuggets. They just seemed dry. Very Disappointing.

vailpass 09-16-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15172388)
Don't forget the Sprite.

Hah yep, that's what it came with.

kcxiv 09-16-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15172390)
Who is Travis Scott?

think he's the dude that was banging the youngest Kylie Jenner, i thinK!

vailpass 09-16-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 15172474)
think he's the dude that was banging the youngest Kylie Jenner, i thinK!

So we know he’s a black guy.