ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Question about some lab results (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333846)

TLO 09-26-2020 05:08 PM

Question about some lab results

www.chiefsplanet.com is where I head to get all of my medical questions answered! (Seriously though I know we have some people here knowledgeable about this stuff)

Went in to do my yearly drug screening due to me taking a benzodiazepine on a regular basis about a week ago. Got the results a day later along with a call from my doctor saying that my test came back negative for benzos. They asked me if I had been taking the medication as prescribed, which I have. They said no big deal, we'll just redo the test.

Did the sample again yesterday, and again it was negative. The doctors office isn't open today so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyone know why I'd be coming up negative on the screening? Klonipon is the drug, if that helps any.

Rain Man 09-26-2020 05:13 PM

It sounds to me like you have a low-value superpower of repelling benzodiazepine. Did you get bitten by a radioactive pharmacist recently?

htismaqe 09-26-2020 05:17 PM

Clonazepam should take 1-2 weeks to clear your system. If you're taking it daily, it should show up. That's really weird.

dlphg9 09-26-2020 05:24 PM

Do you know what type of testing was used? Just the cup with a line or put in a machine? Maybe something is wrong with the tests or the tech isn't seeing the positive line.

TLO 09-26-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15193897)
Do you know what type of testing was used? Just the cup with a line or put in a machine? Maybe something is wrong with the tests or the tech isn't seeing the positive line.

DRUG MONITOR, PANEL 1, W/CONF, W/DL, URINE
(Through Quest)

cooper barrett 09-26-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15193883)
Clonazepam should take 1-2 weeks to clear your system. If you're taking it daily, it should show up. That's really weird.

Typical detection windows for benzodiazepines in the urine are 2 to 7 days

htismaqe 09-26-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 15193910)
Typical detection windows for benzodiazepines in the urine are 2 to 7 days

Clonazepam has a longer half-life than some of the others. Detection for clonazepam is closer to 7-14 days.

htismaqe 09-26-2020 05:36 PM

https://delphihealthgroup.com/benzod...testing-guide/

Quote:

Klonopin (clonazepam) is prescribed for anxiety disorders and acute epilepsy. According to Mental Health Daily, the medication is estimated to have a 30- to 40-hour half-life, which means it can stay in a person’s system for 6.88 to 9.17 days after the last dose. When metabolized within the liver, a metabolite called “7-amino-clonazepam” is formed and its half-life is said to be either shorter than that of Klonopin or about the same. In all, it is believed the body can clear Klonopin within 14 days, or two weeks after one stops taking it.

Mental Health Daily reports that although Klonopin testing is uncommon, certain people are more likely to be tested for the drug. Among them are people whose jobs require mental alertness and sobriety. This group includes pilots, military troops, top-level athletes, criminals, and people in active addiction. People suspected of prescription drug abuse, particularly those in treatment for a substance abuse issue, may be tested for the drug.

Klonopin drug tests include those that check the urine, hair, and saliva. The urine test will check for the 7-amino-clonazepam metabolite, which can remain detectable in the urine for up to five days. The hair test, which provides the longest window of detection, can detect the 7-amino-clonazepam metabolite for up to four months after Klonopin was last ingested. The saliva test can detect the same metabolite as well as clonazepam between five and six days after the drug was last taken. A blood test for Klonopin provides the shortest window of detection despite the fact that it will be able to easily detect it only one to two hours after ingestion, Mental Health Daily writes. Klonopin’s long half-life makes also makes it detectable days after it’s taken. Still, the blood test is seen by some as more invasive than urine testing.

Abba-Dabba 09-26-2020 05:43 PM

I'd check with the pharmacy you bought the prescription from. Maybe they have a bad lot.

prhom 09-26-2020 06:24 PM

Your pharmacist is stealing the real ones to sell on the street or use themselves and giving you placebos instead. Mystery solved!

Kman34 09-26-2020 07:29 PM

Congratulations... You're pregnant..

Bugeater 09-26-2020 07:43 PM

Will doing an 8-ball of coke tonight show up on a drug screen Monday morning?

Asking for a friend.

lcarus 09-26-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15194050)

Asking for a friend.

As long as the urine sample belongs to someone else, you should be fine.

htismaqe 09-26-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15194030)
Congratulations... You're pregnant..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jyrl1G6MUz0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abba-Dabba 09-26-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 15193969)
Your pharmacist is stealing the real ones to sell on the street or use themselves and giving you placebos instead. Mystery solved!

Or maybe the doctor will just think he is selling them instead.

KCJake 09-26-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 15194072)

Bingo! Winner !!!!

KCUnited 09-26-2020 08:29 PM

https://i.imgur.com/7LLpDkG.gif

prhom 09-26-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

I mean, that’s definitely what the doctor is going to think. I assume the OP wouldn’t be on here asking why it wouldn’t show up in the drug test if he was selling them.

cooper barrett 09-26-2020 08:46 PM

He's voting the Biden/ Harris ticket so you don't know how stupid he is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 15194132)
I mean, that’s definitely what the doctor is going to think. I assume the OP wouldn’t be on here asking why it wouldn’t show up in the drug test if he was selling them.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-26-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 15193969)

That was actually my first thought...

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-26-2020 08:55 PM

If the drug was manufactured in China there's a good chance it's just an estrogen pill. You've been Chinked.

TLO 09-26-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 15194132)

I'm definitely not selling them. I take them as prescribed. I don't think the doctor is concerned I'm selling them either. Something is just off.

Chief Roundup 09-26-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 15194138)
He's voting the Biden/ Harris ticket so you don't know how stupid he is.

No politics in the Lounge Dumbass. You are itching for a banning.

dlphg9 09-26-2020 09:41 PM

Klonopins wouldn't even be worth the risk of selling. They aren't very valuable. Also no doubt in my mind TLO uses them. It seems like I have learned a bit about him in the Covid thread.

Son of Logical 09-26-2020 09:57 PM

Are you drinking a ton more water recently? It's rare, but dilution can cause a false negative. If not that; machine, test, or taking bad meds. If its the test or the machine it shouldn't be just your test failing.

Abba-Dabba 09-26-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15194167)
I'm definitely not selling them. I take them as prescribed. I don't think the doctor is concerned I'm selling them either. Something is just off.

I would agree it sounds like something is off.

Considering the lab tested twice I would lean towards the first test being correct as well.

So you feel they are effective as they always have been?

Eleazar 09-26-2020 10:09 PM

Someone replaced your meds with tictacs and sold them to that wild-eyed guy behind the Savealot

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-26-2020 10:22 PM

What is your dosage and how frequently do you take it?
What other meds and supplements do you take?

vailpass 09-26-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15194050)

Asking for a friend.

You should be good on the blow but that come-down joint you’re going to smoke will stick with you.

vailpass 09-26-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15193875)
It sounds to me like you have a low-value superpower of repelling benzodiazepine. Did you get bitten by a radioactive pharmacist recently?

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-26-2020 10:45 PM

There are a lot of variables in a drug test. He can still have it in his system and not have enough of the metabolite to spike a positive test. This can be exacerbated by other drugs or supplements one takes. Clonazepam is a CYP3A4 substrate, of which there are many inducers (phenobarb, carbamazepine, oxcarbazapine, rifampin, phenytoin, smoking). Inducers can cause a person to clear the drug much faster than they would under normal physiological conditions.

Have your pills recently changed color or shape? It's possible the pharmacy gave you the wrong medication--for example Clonidine instead of Clonazepam. If not, the pharmacy would be able to tell you the lot number of the mediation and the supplier. Should others have similar issues, they would need to institute a recall due to adulteration, as clonazepam is primarily used for seizure control, and prompt withdrawal will cause exacerbations and potentially status epilepticus.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-27-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 15194265)
There are a lot of variables in a drug test. He can still have it in his system and not have enough of the metabolite to spike a positive test. This can be exacerbated by other drugs or supplements one takes. Clonazepam is a CYP3A4 substrate, of which there are many inducers (grapefruit, protease inhibitors, cimetidine, cyclosporine, macrolides, amiodarone, azole antifungals, non-DHP calcium channel blockers). Inducers can cause a person to clear the drug much faster than they would under normal physiological conditions.

Have your pills recently changed color or shape? It's possible the pharmacy gave you the wrong medication--for example Clonidine instead of Clonazepam. If not, the pharmacy would be able to tell you the lot number of the mediation and the supplier. Should others have similar issues, they would need to institute a recall due to adulteration, as clonazepam is primarily used for seizure control, and prompt withdrawal will cause exacerbations and potentially status epilepticus.

Oh, you beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing.

TLO 09-27-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

There are a lot of variables in a drug test. He can still have it in his system and not have enough of the metabolite to spike a positive test. This can be exacerbated by other drugs or supplements one takes. Clonazepam is a CYP3A4 substrate, of which there are many inducers (phenobarb, carbamazepine, oxcarbazapine, rifampin, phenytoin, smoking). Inducers can cause a person to clear the drug much faster than they would under normal physiological conditions.

1.5mg daily. The pill hasn't changed recently, still the same shape and color.

I talked to one of the nurses at the doctors office this morning. She said the cutoff the lab uses for a negative/positive test may be set too high. She's going to order a test that has a lower cutoff and see what kind of results we get.

htismaqe 09-27-2020 10:58 AM

1.5mg isn't a low dose.

TLO 09-27-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15194627)
1.5mg isn't a low dose.

No it's not. 0.5mg TID.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the medication itself. I'm fairly certain I'd know if it wasn't working. (Bad batch, etc) There's no recalls out that I can find anywhere.

TLO 09-27-2020 11:15 AM

I've done some research, reading what medical literature I can find. Klonipin in particular seems notorious for giving off false negatives.

dlphg9 09-27-2020 12:06 PM

Immunoassay methodology isn't very reliable when it comes to UDS. They have can easily have false positives because they are picking up the structure of the molecule and if someone has taken something similar in structure then it may flag as positive. Im not sure why they don't pick up clonazepam, but I had read that they have false negatives ~30% of the time with benzos.

See if they can just call into Quest and have then do the mass spectrometry for Benzos and that should pick it up.

TLO 09-27-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15194846)
Immunoassay methodology isn't very reliable when it comes to UDS. They have can easily have false positives because they are picking up the structure of the molecule and if someone has taken something similar in structure then it may flag as positive. Im not sure why they don't pick up clonazepam, but I had read that they have false negatives ~30% of the time with benzos.

See if they can just call into Quest and have then do the mass spectrometry for Benzos and that should pick it up.

Thanks. I'll call my doctor in the AM

Demonpenz 09-27-2020 01:14 PM

probably using wal-greens. They always give me weird shit. Like I needed a benzo and they gave me caffeine pills

vailpass 09-27-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15194406)
Oh, you beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing.

:D

scho63 09-27-2020 07:46 PM

How to Read your Blood Test Results

http://www.amarillomed.com/howto

dlphg9 09-29-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15196578)
How to Read your Blood Test Results

http://www.amarillomed.com/howto

It's a urine drug screen old man!

TLO 10-13-2020 11:58 AM

3rd try - finally came back positive. They ran some kind of specialized test and it picked it up.

TLO 10-13-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15194846)

They did this

DRUG MONITOR, BENZO, QN, URINE

AlphahydroxyalprazolamNEGATIVE
25 ng/mL
AlphahydroxymidazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
AlphahydroxytriazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
Aminoclonazepam710 H
25 ng/mL
HydroxyethylflurazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
LorazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
NordiazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
OxazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
TemazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL

TLO 09-22-2021 02:38 PM

Back to the same god damn problem as last year around this time. The nurse called me and had an attitude about me not taking my medication as prescribed. Told her the story of last year and about needing a more specialized test. According to them, that test is no longer available and I need to come back in and repeat the SAME test that is reliably giving me false results. I tell them I don't want to keep paying for labs that I know are going to come back as negative.

What a shit load of ****.

Otter 09-22-2021 02:57 PM

I suspect your girlfriend is involved. Urine or pills are tampered with.

TLO 09-22-2021 04:24 PM

People with knowledge of lab work.. I need your help. I followed up with the nurse, and was told I need to repeat the same test, and if it comes back negative, I will either

A. Be discharged as a patient
B. Be taken off the medication.

I drove out to their office and spoke with them in person and got the same nurse I talked to on the phone. I told her I would take any test they wanted to give me, but that I've been through this before, and that repeating the same test would very likely result in a false negative. I asked to speak to my psychiatrist. Not in office. Asked to speak to the clinic manager. Not in office. She's going to relay my concerns to the doc and the head of the lab department tomorrow though.

Is there ac specific test I should request to have done? I did verify through Quest that the test that finally gave me the right results last year is no longer offered in this area, though it's offered in other parts of the country.

TLO 09-22-2021 06:50 PM

Bump for the night crew

TribalElder 09-22-2021 07:12 PM

Not sure what to tell you but I would have killed for that skill in my younger years
(The ability to take drugs and piss clean that is)

Monitor your pills to make sure nobody is swapping them out for placebo. Try a different pharmacy. See if you can get on steve wilcos show, he can help get to the bottom of this.

I was able to quit taking alprazalam years back and I'm grateful for it, good luck!

Oh, you might try drinking less water the day you are going to be tested, have seen where if you drink a lot of water it can **** with results

TLO 09-22-2021 07:34 PM

dlphg9
Fat Elvis
Hammas

Any of you guys around?

SuperBowl4 09-22-2021 07:43 PM

Are U a hypochondriac? I’ll let U in on a little secret. Nobody gets out of this alive.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-22-2021 08:11 PM

Could you go to the office for a week each day and take the pill in front of them, then do the test to show them? Just a thought from a laymen that takes no drugs...

Fish 09-22-2021 09:44 PM

Pretty sure you're supposed to poop in the box and mail it back.

You're welcome.

TLO 09-22-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15849638)
Could you go to the office for a week each day and take the pill in front of them, then do the test to show them? Just a thought from a laymen that takes no drugs...

I actually thought about this.

TLO 09-22-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 15849608)
Are U a hypochondriac? I’ll let U in on a little secret. Nobody gets out of this alive.

Panic disorder.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-22-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15849598)
dlphg9
Fat Elvis
Hammas

Any of you guys around?

I don't have a ton of background in analytical chemistry (mainly plugging and chugging with samples from drug production), but what dlphg9 mentioned last year should still be applicable. Mass spectrometry should be able to pick up incredibly small concentrations of the analyte of interest in the sample.

If you were able to identify the issue last year and the same problem arises, then it is almost certainly the same issue given that you were redirected back to a problematic test.

Half-life of elimination is variable for clonazepam, anywhere from 17-60 hours. At the low end of the spectrum, a drug with a 17 hour half life would take 85 hours to clear roughly 95% from your body. At the high end, it would be 300 hours, so almost two weeks.

I'd also add that the office threatening to withhold your prescription for a benzo is a dangerous precedent given that acute withdrawal can precipitate a seizure.

TLO 09-22-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15241083)
They did this

DRUG MONITOR, BENZO, QN, URINE

AlphahydroxyalprazolamNEGATIVE
25 ng/mL
AlphahydroxymidazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
AlphahydroxytriazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
Aminoclonazepam710 H
25 ng/mL
HydroxyethylflurazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
LorazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
NordiazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
OxazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
TemazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 15849746)
I don't have a ton of background in analytical chemistry (mainly plugging and chugging with samples from drug production), but what dlphg9 mentioned last year should still be applicable. Mass spectrometry should be able to pick up incredibly small concentrations of the analyte of interest in the sample.

If you were able to identify the issue last year and the same problem arises, then it is almost certainly the same issue given that you were redirected back to a problematic test.

Half-life of elimination is variable for clonazepam, anywhere from 17-60 hours. At the low end of the spectrum, a drug with a 17 hour half life would take 85 hours to clear roughly 95% from your body. At the high end, it would be 300 hours, so almost two weeks.

I'd also add that the office threatening to withhold your prescription for a benzo is a dangerous precedent given that acute withdrawal can precipitate a seizure.

Thank you. Trying to explain this to the nurse at the office today made me feel like I was bashing my head against a brick wall. I was trying not to lose my patience with her, but she was treating me like some scumbag that was filling my script and then selling the pills.

Tomorrow hopefully I can talk to the doc, or someone else that will actually listen to what I have to say.

Perineum Ripper 09-22-2021 10:26 PM

After reading this thread and doing some Dr. Google research, I have come to this conclusion.

You haven't drank enough antifreeze, you for some reason seem to be avoiding AIDS trees, dumpster fires, Billay, and butt****ing morons. I suggest you up the dose on all the fore mentioned.

Also you are gay. Possibly pregnant

EPodolak 09-22-2021 10:32 PM

Could you request a different similar med that tends to show up like it's supposed to?

TLO 09-22-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 15849776)
Could you request a different similar med that tends to show up like it's supposed to?

I mean, maybe? Or they could just order the test that will give them the results they are looking for.

EPodolak 09-22-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15849789)
I mean, maybe? Or they could just order the test that will give them the results they are looking for.

Yep, but barring the obvious and to save you another year of this thread may have to make other arrangements.

dlphg9 09-23-2021 12:33 AM

Just tell them to do a test that uses mass spectrometry, because with most drug screens they just test it using an immunoassay method and if there is a positive for some type of drug such as benzos, then they will use mass spectrometry to verify the type of benzo. The problem in your case is that the immunoassay isn't picking it up, so in there mind there is no reason to use MS.

So if you want you can call quest for them and ask what test they should order, so that it just bypasses IA and uses MS. IME most medical assistants are pretty god damn clueless as to what test they need to order and routinely **** things up.

Also next time you see your doctor I'd tell them how she was treating you and how she was acting. That shit is so frustrating, those MA's are such snooty bitches alot of the time and just love judging patients and acting like they know everything.

TLO 09-23-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15849820)
Just tell them to do a test that uses mass spectrometry, because with most drug screens they just test it using an immunoassay method and if there is a positive for some type of drug such as benzos, then they will use mass spectrometry to verify the type of benzo. The problem in your case is that the immunoassay isn't picking it up, so in there mind there is no reason to use MS.

So if you want you can call quest for them and ask what test they should order, so that it just bypasses IA and uses MS. IME most medical assistants are pretty god damn clueless as to what test they need to order and routinely **** things up.

Also next time you see your doctor I'd tell them how she was treating you and how she was acting. That shit is so frustrating, those MA's are such snooty bitches alot of the time and just love judging patients and acting like they know everything.

Hey, thanks man.

SupDock 09-23-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15849820)

I’m sure it can be done, but I’m not aware of a drug screen that starts with mass spectrometry.

Perhaps hook effect is creating the EIA issue.

TLO 09-23-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 15849947)
I’m sure it can be done, but I’m not aware of a drug screen that starts with mass spectrometry.

Perhaps hook effect is creating the EIA issue.

What's hook effect?

SupDock 09-23-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15849954)
What's hook effect?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_effect

Better explanation than I could type.

TLO 09-23-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 15850018)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_effect

Better explanation than I could type.

Mr. Doc,

Do you have a recommendation about how I could go about speaking to the nurses or my doctor about my concerns? I feel like I'm not being listened to, and it's incredibly frustrating.

SupDock 09-23-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15850183)
Mr. Doc,

Do you have a recommendation about how I could go about speaking to the nurses or my doctor about my concerns? I feel like I'm not being listened to, and it's incredibly frustrating.

I’m afraid I don’t have any specific recommendations. You will likely need an appointment to plead your case, and either they will listen, or they will not.

The suggestion of having them witness you taking your medications is a good one.

You could also offer to have a blood test done, rather than urine

False negative BZD testing is not uncommon.

dlphg9 09-25-2021 05:57 AM

Did you get a chance to talk to anyone?

TLO 09-25-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15852872)
Did you get a chance to talk to anyone?

Finally got to talk to the clinic manager. She at least seemed to understand my plight. I'm supposed go go in and meet with her on Monday

jettio 09-25-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Check out the big brain on Brad! You a smart mutha....

TLO 10-11-2021 12:40 PM

Still having trouble with this. They don't want to order the MS test for some reason.

On another note, is there a set therapeutic value for 7-aminoclonazapam? It seems like the ranges can be anywhere from 25ng/ml to 10,000 mg/ml

dlphg9 10-11-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15888009)
Still having trouble with this. They don't want to order the MS test for some reason.

On another note, is there a set therapeutic value for 7-aminoclonazapam? It seems like the ranges can be anywhere from 25ng/ml to 10,000 mg/ml

So I'm not sure about a set therapeutic level for it, but im thinking your issue is that for some reason your body isn't disposing of much Clonazepam through your urine and so it keeps the amount lower than the threshold for a positive on the IA testing, which for Quest is 100ng/ml. So even if you have the Clonazepam in your urine the tests sensitivity can't pick up that small of an amount.

This is the test you need

CPT code - 39389

https://testdirectory.questdiagnosti...9389&cc=MASTER

This test however is MS and has a sensitivity of >25 mg/ml. That's why it picked it up on your test last year.

I'm not sure why they are being difficult and not doing the MS. Is it an insurance thing?

TLO 10-11-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15888092)
So I'm not sure about a set therapeutic level for it, but im thinking your issue is that for some reason your body isn't disposing of much Clonazepam through your urine and so it keeps the amount lower than the threshold for a positive on the IA testing, which for Quest is 100ng/ml. So even if you have the Clonazepam in your urine the tests sensitivity can't pick up that small of an amount.

This is the test you need

CPT code - 39389

https://testdirectory.questdiagnosti...9389&cc=MASTER

This test however is MS and has a sensitivity of >25 mg/ml. That's why it picked it up on your test last year.

I'm not sure why they are being difficult and not doing the MS. Is it an insurance thing?

See the weird thing is that my number came back as 791 after they did the MS test last year.

TLO 10-11-2021 02:39 PM

Bump before this falls off the front page

SupDock 10-11-2021 02:43 PM

Yeah, assuming all things you have said being true, this is a false negative.

Most likely from hook effect, and mass spectrometry should solve the issue.

There really isn’t a therapeutic window for Benzos, as it is generally symptoms driven. There are dosing guidelines though

TLO 10-11-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 15888265)
Yeah, assuming all things you have said being true, this is a false negative.

Most likely from hook effect, and mass spectrometry should solve the issue.

There really isn’t a therapeutic window for Benzos, as it is generally symptoms driven. There are dosing guidelines though

Well I'm going to sit down 1 on 1 with my doctor on Wednesday and discuss it with him.

I have printed off various reliable/ well respected resources to show him why a mass spectrometry test is warranted.

I'm also taking in my bottle of medication.

If they still won't do the MS test... :shrug:

Coach 10-11-2021 05:15 PM

My suggestion is, if they are not doing what you are asking them to do (and from what I am understanding, this isn't like a very dangerous stuff going on), I would say find a different doctor.

Some doctors are better than others and may have a better understanding of your case.

TLO 10-11-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 15888580)
My suggestion is, if they are not doing what you are asking them to do (and from what I am understanding, this isn't like a very dangerous stuff going on), I would say find a different doctor.

Some doctors are better than others and may have a better understanding of your case.

Yeah man, but the wait list for a psychiatrist is CRAZY.

dlphg9 10-11-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15888102)
See the weird thing is that my number came back as 791 after they did the MS test last year.

This may be the problem. Found this in a study and have seen it in several different sources.

The immunoassay often uses an antibody to
oxazepam, a metabolite of diazepam and chlordiazepoxide.6,7
This antibody has relatively low cross reactivity with
clonazepam and lorazepam and is therefore less likely to be
detected reliably.

This is a different lab, but this is what Aegis Labs says

"A patient taking alprazolam, clonazepam, flurazepam, or lorazepam will not test positive for benzodiazepine metabolites on an Aegis report."

https://www.aegislabs.com/resources/...l-update/dec19