ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336039)

diqlix 01-04-2021 09:12 AM

CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/

Shaid 01-04-2021 09:14 AM

I'm glad they've looked really good, I don't want KC overlooking anyone in the playoffs. Come to play.

diqlix 01-04-2021 09:15 AM

I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.

Hoover 01-04-2021 09:16 AM

I love all the love for the Bills!

Keep disrespecting the Chiefs and Mahomes. I think this year they will blow some people out in the playoffs.

Sassy Squatch 01-04-2021 09:17 AM

I admire the heel antics, daquix. Well done.

CapsLockKey 01-04-2021 09:24 AM

I like all the "but if this did/didn't happen the Bills would have" excuses built into the article.

Wisconsin_Chief 01-04-2021 09:25 AM

I heard all the same stuff about the Titans last year.

Doesn't really matter if the Bills beat the Seahawks and Steelers in the regular season. To say that prepares them to come to Arrowhead and play in the AFC Championship, which the Chiefs would be hosting for the third year in a row, is laughable.

The Bills are clearly the second best team in the conference, but the Chiefs will win the AFC once again as long as they show up and play their best game. It's that simple. There's really very little drama involved, which is why the press is so desperate to create some.

Lzen 01-04-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 15442205)
I'm glad they've looked really good, I don't want KC overlooking anyone in the playoffs. Come to play.

Well, considering the fact that if the Chiefs and Bills were to play it would be in the AFC Championship Game, the Chiefs won't be overlooking them.

tk13 01-04-2021 09:29 AM

I think the Bills are a bigger threat than the Titans last season, just because Josh Allen is playing out of his mind. Chiefs have done a decent job getting up for big games like the Bills, Ravens and Bucs to come out and have a dominant performance. I think they'll be ready.

The way this team has played, the biggest worry might be coming out flat against a team like the Browns.

htismaqe 01-04-2021 09:29 AM

We curbed stomped the Bills with the weakest part of our offense.

Bring em on. We'll do it again.

FloridaMan88 01-04-2021 09:31 AM

The Chiefs already beat the Bills this season (in Buffalo) and exposed Josh Allen as a fraud.

Next.

By the way, the OP is a bandwagoning fraud.

The dumbshit joined CP at the start of the 2011 season to talk trash about the Bills opening day win over Todd Haley's Chiefs that season and then he vanished for nine years until the Bills finally became good.

Go back into hiding.

King_Chief_Fan 01-04-2021 09:32 AM

The Chiefs have not been good at keeping the last 7 games opponent's at a distance. Those games were all too close for comfort. The Bill's have not been toying with anyone the last several games.

I suspect after this weeks vacation Reid is giving the team, it will be serious business throughout the playoffs.

BlackOp 01-04-2021 09:33 AM

Considering Allen has never won a playoff game...I'll take the "prove it first" angle.

Post-season is a different beast...different pressure.

Ravens were the hot team last year...won 12 in a row to end the year.

DaFace 01-04-2021 09:35 AM

I don't think it should surprise anyone that the Chiefs are not invincible this year. They weren't last year either. It'll take some solid play and luck to win the Super Bowl again.

But that said, they'll be favored in each matchup they could face, so the CHANCES are that we'll beat any of them. Time will tell.

Tonka83 01-04-2021 09:35 AM

I hate lazy journalists.
It is obvious that they took a story from this time last year, crossed out the Ravens and wrote in the Bills.

The Ravens Bills are the team nobody want to see in the playoffs.

I forget..... how did that end up last year?

DaFace 01-04-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka83 (Post 15442246)
I hate lazy journalists.
It is obvious that they took a story from this time last year, crossed out the Ravens and wrote in the Bills.

The Ravens Bills are the team nobody want to see in the playoffs.

I forget..... how did that end up last year?

I do think there's a chance the Bills will be upset by the Colts. Cocky teams with little playoff experience tend to have issues when the competition level suddenly jumps up a level.

TambaBerry 01-04-2021 09:41 AM

Wow shocked that the number one seed wouldn't want to see the number 2 seed in the playoffs. Real hard hitting journalism right here.

Jewish Rabbi 01-04-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442202)

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

I hope you die!!!

Lzen 01-04-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15442238)
The Chiefs already beat the Bills this season (in Buffalo) and exposed Josh Allen as a fraud.

Next.

The dumbshit joined CP at the start of the 2011 season to talk trash about the Bills opening day win over Todd Haley's Chiefs that season and then he vanished for nine years until the Bills finally became good.

Go back into hiding.

Is this true? Daquix?

If so.....smh

Lzen 01-04-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15442257)
I hope you die!!!

Geez, that's a little over the top, don't you think?

Marcellus 01-04-2021 09:48 AM

The story in the OP and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Call me when Buffalo is actually on the way to KC to play a game.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-04-2021 09:49 AM

Pats still a measuring stick, it will pass(snark)

diqlix 01-04-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15442238)

Next.

Go back into hiding.

I agree that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Out of curiosity? If beating a team, means you’ll do it again. Doesn’t that mean that the Raiders were better than the Chiefs after they beat them the first game, and that the Raiders should have won the second game too?

jerryaldini 01-04-2021 09:51 AM

OP spent an hour of his life searching for an article to troll another team's message board and came up with that?

Lzen 01-04-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442276)
I agree that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Out of curiosity? If beating a team, means you’ll do it again. Doesn’t that mean that the Raiders were better than the Chiefs after they beat them the first game, and that the Raiders should have won the second game too?

Quite bringing up that Raiders game. We already dealt with that. I noticed that you didn't address the second part of his post. Why did you disappear for 9 years? That seems pretty cowardly. :hmmm:

Why Not? 01-04-2021 09:54 AM

Well, if CBS said it, it must be true. I’m sure Super Bowl winning coach Andy Reid and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes are terrified just thinking about this team that have won exactly no playoff games the past couple of decades.

Marcellus 01-04-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15442282)
Well, if CBS said it, it must be true. I’m sure Super Bowl winning coach Andy Reid and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes are terrified just thinking about this team that have won exactly no playoff games the past couple of decades.

I want to beat the crap out of them in the AFCCG, paybacks are hell.

htismaqe 01-04-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Sorry but this is just the dumbest take ever and you keep repeating it over and over.

If you actually WATCHED what the Raiders and Chiefs did in the first game, realized how it is different than what they normally do, and then watched the 2nd game unfold, you'd know the answer to the question.

You just keep repeating it because it's the only hope you have. The only hope you can muster is that context, history, and tendencies mean absolutely nothing and that each game is completely unrelated to the next.

It's beyond dumb.

FloridaMan88 01-04-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Considering the Chiefs were 4-0 vs the Raiders with Mahomes as QB before that loss, it was reasonable to consider that loss a fluke, which was confirmed by the Chiefs win over the Raiders in their second match-up.

Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years and Josh Allen has yet to win a playoff game.

If you want to project that the Bills will transform into a significantly better match-up against the Chiefs than they showed in the first game... with their recent playoff history... and the fact the second game will be in Arrowhead... good luck.

Also interesting that you ignored the question about your nine year absence between your initial posts after the Bills win over the Chiefs to open the 2011 season and then silence until this year.

You only feel comfortable discussing the Bills when they are winning?

htismaqe 01-04-2021 10:00 AM

Put it this way.

By YOUR OWN reasoning, the current hot streak the Bills are on means NOTHING because previous games don't matter. None of them matter.

So yeah, you might want to think about the logical holes in your argument. They're numerous.

arrwheader 01-04-2021 10:08 AM

Remember last year when the Ravens were blowing out teams in the regular season?

Then the playoffs happened and whoof.

Yea doesn't ****ing matter.

Next hot take.

arrwheader 01-04-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Lol nice reach.

The chiefs destroyed the bills it wasn't even really close all game. Raiders competed with the Chiefs. The built their team to beat us and did it once and then sucked against most other teams.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2021 10:14 AM

The book is written on Josh. I bet he completes less than 55 percent of his passes this postseason.

MIAdragon 01-04-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442202)

No one cares, no one is scared of the Bills. Your troll game is weak.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2021 10:17 AM

Colts are going to upset the Bills. National media on a team junk normally seals their fate.

OKchiefs 01-04-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15442264)
Geez, that's a little over the top, don't you think?

People wish death all the time on fellow Chiefs fans on here, doing so against a shit stain from the fanbase that's known for table diving isn't really all that bad.

ChiTown 01-04-2021 10:24 AM

I say, bring it on! I hope like hell we get to face the Billies in the AFCCG. Nothing would be sweeter than knocking those shit stains back to a long, hard, cold Buffalo Winter off-season.

Straight, No Chaser 01-04-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442209)
I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.

Do you really think this is what Andy Reid is thinking about? Myopia abounds in Bills land.

BWillie 01-04-2021 10:29 AM

Hard to dispute. Josh Allen looks like a completely different QB this year. It is also important to note that his QBR was almost identical to Mahomes this year.

And if you want to see improvement and a progression just look at Josh Allen. Every year he's gotten significantly better.

===QB Rating===
2018 67.9
2019 85.3
2020 107.3

TribalElder 01-04-2021 10:29 AM

We should revisit this article after next weekend

Just to make sure the bills are still in the playoffs

FloridaMan88 01-04-2021 10:32 AM

Frank Reich (a.k.a. QB of arguably the Bills most memorable postseason win in their franchise's history) now potentially preventing the Bills from winning their first playoff game in 26 years, in their first home playoff game in 25 years.

That will be rough.

notorious 01-04-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442209)

And, given the choice, would Buffalo rather play the Chiefs or anyone else in the NFL?

This is the playoffs, and I understand why you are excited, but it's completely different.

If riding blowout waves led to wins in the playoffs the Chiefs would have stomped the Pats a few years ago.

Sassy Squatch 01-04-2021 10:39 AM

Still hasn't answered for being a frontrunning trash talking douche. Were you just out of town for 9 years?

pugsnotdrugs19 01-04-2021 10:39 AM

This is going to end super well. LMAO

DRM08 01-04-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15442368)
If riding blowout waves led to wins in the playoffs the Chiefs would have stomped the Pats a few years ago.

And the Ravens would not have flopped so hard in the playoffs last year. They were dominating the league during the final stretch of the regular season.

smithandrew051 01-04-2021 10:44 AM

Chances are the Bills and Chiefs won’t even play. The teams on a “collision course” never seem to both make it far enough.

htismaqe 01-04-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15442368)

Nothing leads to playoff wins.

Past performance does not indicate future results. He said it himself.

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442404)
Nothing leads to playoff wins.

Past performance does not indicate future results. He said it himself.

Being the best team, with the best QB typically does.

htismaqe 01-04-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442409)
Being the best team, with the best QB typically does.

Josh Allen is the best QB. ;)

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442414)

LMAO

notorious 01-04-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442414)

Keep on racking up those regular season awards. :D

MahomesMagic 01-04-2021 10:57 AM

The Bills are the 2019 Ravens. QB married to scheme that is confusing most teams.

The problem for Buffalo is that KC is one of the teams that understands how to play Allen.

Allen had less than 100 yards passing with 8 minutes to go in the game.

notorious 01-04-2021 10:57 AM

As Chiefs fans, we were sitting in Bills fans shoes a few years ago. I completely understand their excitement, and it's cool.

The difference is, we KNOW Mahomes will perform when it really matters. The Bills fans have no idea, just speculation.

htismaqe 01-04-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15442425)
As Chiefs fans, we were sitting in Bills fans shoes a few years ago. I completely understand their excitement, and it's cool.

The difference is, we KNOW Mahomes will perform when it really matters. The Bills fans have no idea, just speculation.

Well to be fair, a lot of us knew how those Chiefs teams would perform when it really mattered. ;)

notorious 01-04-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442428)
Well to be fair, a lot of us knew how those Chiefs teams would perform when it really mattered. ;)

We had seen so many QB-lacking teams of ours to realize the real deal when we saw it.

MahomesMagic 01-04-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Josh Allen's only TD in postseason play was a trick play on the 1st drive as a WR. After that he got shut out of the end zone by the Steel Curtain defense of the Houston Texans.

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

I was impressed with Allen's play down the stretch last year. I thought they had something there.

Then he shit down his leg in the worst way in that play-off game.

He's been very good this year, but I can't shake how he just collapsed.

Compare that with how Mahomes handled adversity, coming from behind in 3 straight postseason games to snatch victory.

My money's on Mahomes until shown otherwise.

OKchiefs 01-04-2021 11:04 AM

Bills better do something this year (they won't), because expect some serious regression from Allen once Daboll leaves.

carcosa 01-04-2021 11:05 AM

The Bills are frauds and the Chiefs will destroy them!!!!!!!

crispystl 01-04-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15442250)
I do think there's a chance the Bills will be upset by the Colts. Cocky teams with little playoff experience tend to have issues when the competition level suddenly jumps up a level.

Yeah I actually see that games as something like 60/40 65/35 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15442445)
Bills better do something this year (they won't), because expect some serious regression from Allen once Daboll leaves.

Why? it's not like he's some genius.

Do you remember our Daboll run offenses?

Just promote your QB coach and get on with your life if your'e McDermott.

MahomesMagic 01-04-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 15442451)
Yeah I actually see that games as something like 60/40 65/35 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I expect Bills to win but would not be shocked if they lost.

Dartgod 01-04-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15442281)
Quite bringing up that Raiders game. We already dealt with that. I noticed that you didn't address the second part of his post. Why did you disappear for 9 years? That seems pretty cowardly. :hmmm:

He posted 20 times in 2014 when we beat them in Buffalo. Then he disappeared for 6 years.

MahomesMagic 01-04-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442453)

Daboll is not the same guy he was. He learned a lot of the college game and that's what he's bringing to Buffalo.

Daboll is more important than people realize
If Buffalo hires a "pro style'" offense OC Allen will look awful.

OKchiefs 01-04-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442453)

You realize coaches evolve and improve, right? It's not exactly a secret that Daboll is being given huge credit by pundits, and by Buffalo's own players, for the success this year. He's one of the hotter names in head coaching searches this year.

Promoting your QB coach only works flawlessly somewhere like KC where the true mastermind is Reid, so it doesn't really matter nearly as much who is promoted and gets the OC role. McDermott is a defensive coach, so he absolutely depends on a sharp mind at OC for the offense to reach its full potential.

notorious 01-04-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15442449)
The Bills are frauds and the Chiefs will destroy them!!!!!!!

They have to win 2 playoff games to even meet the Chiefs.

Don't hold your breath. They are rolling, but the playoffs can be a real ****.

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15442462)
Daboll is not the same guy he was. He learned a lot of the college game and that's what he's bringing to Buffalo.

that's why you just promote from within. Nothing changes but who calls the actual plays.

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15442464)
You realize coaches evolve and improve, right? It's not exactly a secret that Daboll is being given huge credit by pundits, and by Buffalo's own players, for the success this year. He's one of the hotter names in head coaching searches this year.

Promoting your QB coach only works flawlessly somewhere like KC where the true mastermind is Reid, so it doesn't really matter nearly as much who is promoted and gets the OC role. McDermott is a defensive coach, so he absolutely depends on a sharp mind at OC for the offense to reach its full potential.

You do realize that promoting from within means nothing really changes other than who calls the actual plays right?

Like you can literally keep the same offense. Same terminology. Same system. Same everything except the guy calling the actual plays.

It's already in place.

A bigger mistake would be to scrap it all and start over with a whole new OC and new system, don't you think?

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15442462)

that's why I would just promote the QB coach and change nothing.

MahomesMagic 01-04-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442477)
that's why you just promote from within. Nothing changes but who calls the actual plays.

The problem there is playbooks get adjusted to. Daboll is the brains and creator. He has created the perfect scheme to minimize Allen's deficiencies (Reading a defense, throwing with anticipation, processing post-snap) while letting Allen's physical tools shine.

NFL teams will start countering better like KC did with messing up his pre snap reads or Tennessee with cloud coverage. Dorsey has never done it before, never called NFL plays.

It's not a guarantee. See Cleveland hiring Kitchens. Kitchens threw out the playback from Haley and used his own based on Arians. Disaster.

OKchiefs 01-04-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442484)
You do realize that promoting from within means nothing really changes other than who calls the actual plays right?

Like you can literally keep the same offense. Same terminology. Same system. Same everything except the guy calling the actual plays.

It's already in place.

A bigger mistake would be to scrap it all and start over with a whole new OC and new system, don't you think?

Maybe that works, maybe not. If it was always that simple we wouldn't see nearly as many problems with continuity around the league as we do. Just because a position coach "knows" a system doesn't mean they can just seamlessly perform to the same level at calling the plays and designing the offense as their predecessor.

diqlix 01-04-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442296)
Sorry but this is just the dumbest take ever and you keep repeating it over and over.

If you actually WATCHED what the Raiders and Chiefs did in the first game, realized how it is different than what they normally do, and then watched the 2nd game unfold, you'd know the answer to the question.

You just keep repeating it because it's the only hope you have. The only hope you can muster is that context, history, and tendencies mean absolutely nothing and that each game is completely unrelated to the next.

It's beyond dumb.

So you mean to say that teams can do things differently which results in different outcomes?

Chris Meck 01-04-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15442497)
The problem there is playbooks get adjusted to. Daboll is the brains and creator. He has created the perfect scheme to minimize Allen's deficiencies (Reading a defense, throwing with anticipation, processing post-snap) while letting Allen's physical tools shine.

NFL teams will start countering better like KC did with messing up his pre snap reads or Tennessee with cloud coverage. Dorsey has never done it before, never called NFL plays.

It's not a guarantee. See Cleveland hiring Kitchens. Kitchens threw out the playback from Haley and used his own based on Arians. Disaster.

Look, if your options are:

Hire an outside OC, new system, new terminology, new everything

or

promote from within and stay the course

it seems pretty cut and clear.

Don't scrap what's working.

That's all I'm saying.

OKchiefs 01-04-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

This. Sure it's possible that Dorsey has success, but it's not guaranteed. Offenses change year to year even with the same coordinator in place. Buffalo's offense would likely look different in 2021 even with Daboll still in place to adjust to what defenses may try to do to counter their success, as you mentioned. If Daboll leaves there is no guarantee that Dorsey has anywhere close to the same level of success designing the plays and calling them on Sundays.

diqlix 01-04-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15442301)
Put it this way.

By YOUR OWN reasoning, the current hot streak the Bills are on means NOTHING because previous games don't matter. None of them matter.

So yeah, you might want to think about the logical holes in your argument. They're numerous.

If Bills were playing the Dolphins again this week, after destroying them last week, then last weeks result would matter.

Because it literally just happened.

There is no time for a team to evolve in 6 days.

But the Bills game against the Dolphins in Week 2, has no impact on a game 13 weeks later.

And we saw that happen.

Bills-Dolphins was a 3 point game in September.

The Bills beat them by 30 points in December.

Same teams. Different results.

Teams evolve.

diqlix 01-04-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Allen has never had a problem reading defenses or going through progressions.

His issue was anticipation throws and accuracy.

Marcellus 01-04-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15442439)
I was impressed with Allen's play down the stretch last year. I thought they had something there.

Then he shit down his leg in the worst way in that play-off game.

He's been very good this year, but I can't shake how he just collapsed.

Compare that with how Mahomes handled adversity, coming from behind in 3 straight postseason games to snatch victory.

My money's on Mahomes until shown otherwise.

Yea Allen needs to get that monkey off his back before everyone starts hanging off his balls.

That was a complete shit show last year in the playoffs.

New World Order 01-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442499)
So you mean to say that teams can do things differently which results in different outcomes?

There wasn't really a reason from the first game that you could point and say "Buffalo could win the second."

There just wasn't. It was complete domination. Agreed?

L.A. Chieffan 01-04-2021 11:26 AM

LMAO If only CEH had actually fumbled

FloridaMan88 01-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquix (Post 15442505)
If Bills were playing the Dolphins again this week, after destroying them last week, then last weeks result would matter.

But the Bills game against the Dolphins in Week 2, has no impact on a game 13 weeks later.

And we saw that happen.

Bills-Dolphins was a 3 point game in September.

The Bills beat them by 30 points in December.

Same teams. Different results.

Teams evolve.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the Dolphins starting QB week 2, Tua was their QB yesterday.

Other than that minor detail it was the "same team".

LMAO