ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OT Rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337318)

KChiefs1 03-03-2021 10:08 AM

OT Rankings

https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09

staylor26 03-03-2021 10:14 AM

Umm does he have Mayfield as a G?

louie aguiar 03-03-2021 10:33 AM

I would love to add Teven Jenkins at 31.

The Franchise 03-03-2021 10:36 AM

I really want Hudson.

RunKC 03-03-2021 10:37 AM

Here’s some great info and clips on Jenkins. He’s played all over the line including LT and excelled.

Yes this is a Colts blog but it’s an informational with a ton of tweet videos

https://www.stampedeblue.com/platfor...mpression=true

staylor26 03-03-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15570329)
I would love to add Teven Jenkins at 31.

He would bring some strength/toughness that this OL has been missing. That’s for sure.

el borracho 03-03-2021 10:45 AM

What about Drew Himmelman, lol?

staylor26 03-03-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15570334)
Here’s some great info and clips on Jenkins. He’s played all over the line including LT and excelled.

Yes this is a Colts blog but it’s an informational with a ton of tweet videos

https://www.stampedeblue.com/platfor...mpression=true

It’s been said before, but the Colts should run to the podium of Jenkins is available.

Him and Nelson on the same side would be ridiculous.

I don’t see him making it to 31. The Colts and Steelers will love that guy.

KChiefs1 03-11-2021 11:44 AM

I've done several mock's that I can get Radunz in the 2nd round. I think I'm dreaming though.

BigChiefFan 03-11-2021 08:18 PM

I’d love to see us get Jenkins or Cosmi to improve our O-Line.

KChiefs1 03-12-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 15581172)
I’d love to see us get Jenkins or Cosmi to improve our O-Line.

Jenkins might be gone by 31 but Cosmi should be there.

A lot depends on if the Chiefs sign a LT or not if they pick one at 31.

MahomesMagic 03-12-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15582034)

Kiss Cosmi goodbye.

htismaqe 03-12-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15582039)
Kiss Cosmi goodbye.

Cosmi is probably the 5th LT off the board and could go as high as like 22nd.

I don't think he makes it to 31.

The Franchise 03-12-2021 01:49 PM

I’m still grabbing Radunz or Hudson if I have the chance.

BigChiefFan 03-14-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15582034)

I agree. Every mock I do, has Cosmi falling to us at 31. There’s no certainty he will be there, but if he and Rousseau are there when we pick. I take Rousseau, then trade up with the Jags and grab Cosmi. Obviously, that’s all contingent on our FA approach, but I think the Chiefs need to be aggressive and get their target players, instead of runner-ups in the draft. I’ll take quality over quantity all day with our current roster.

htismaqe 03-14-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 15584252)
I agree. Every mock I do, has Cosmi falling to us at 31. There’s no certainty he will be there, but if he and Rousseau are there when we pick. I take Rousseau, then trade up with the Jags and grab Cosmi. Obviously, that’s all contingent on our FA approach, but I think the Chiefs need to be aggressive and get their target players, instead of runner-ups in the draft. I’ll take quality over quantity all day with our current roster.

After his pro day, Cosmi won't likely be there. He's pretty much solidified his spot as a top tackle.

And there's no need to trade up for a tackle if we get one in free agency. You don't just throw picks away like that.

BigChiefFan 03-15-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15584629)
After his pro day, Cosmi won't likely be there. He's pretty much solidified his spot as a top tackle.

And there's no need to trade up for a tackle if we get one in free agency. You don't just throw picks away like that.

Most likely that will be the case now, which makes the pursuit of Williams even more intelligent. There’s some good OT prospects in the upcoming draft, but I’d rather see us protect the franchise with a proven, elite LT, with some of these OT’s stock rising for the upcoming draft.

Dull Tools 03-16-2021 04:01 AM

Walker Little sounds like the guy I want. Sounds like he has a really high ceiling. Is there any chance he will still be there for our 3rd round pick?

Chris Meck 03-16-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dull Tools (Post 15586948)
Walker Little sounds like the guy I want. Sounds like he has a really high ceiling. Is there any chance he will still be there for our 3rd round pick?

Possibly, but probably not.

He'd be a great fit for a future LT.

IF we sign Williams though, it'd be premature to immediately draft his successor. Williams will be here for 3-4 years, and by the time he leaves you'd be at the end of Little's rookie contract.

But maybe.

Coogs 03-16-2021 06:01 AM

Every week there is a former NFL offensive line coach, Paul Alexander, that Pat Kerwan and Jim Miller have on their show on Sirius NFL Channel on the radio. They were going through the OT's yesterday, and Alexander is very high on Radunz form North Dakota State. Incredibly smart, and already know all of the moves of nearly every NFL DE. Alexander said that puts him way ahead of the curve. Said his technique is very good as well. I thought it sounded like a guy we would be interested in.

Dante84 03-19-2021 04:17 PM

We should really just sticky this thread and get familiar with the top 6-7. We are almost certainly taking an LT in the first; we don’t have the luxury of BPA this year, and it’s an okay year to have this particular need.

htismaqe 03-20-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15594460)
We should really just sticky this thread and get familiar with the top 6-7. We are almost certainly taking an LT in the first; we don’t have the luxury of BPA this year, and it’s an okay year to have this particular need.

What are you going to do if they don't take an OT first?

Dante84 03-20-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15595932)

Be confused?

kccrow 03-20-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15595932)

If that coincides with no major FA signing and no trade for a LT, I hope you're a deeply religious man sending Pat prayers.

kccrow 03-20-2021 11:19 PM

So, Mel had Walker Little to us at 31 a month ago. His pro day was nails.

I'm beginning to think if you gotta take a chance, do it on Little at 31 over doing it on some of the guys being talked about later on.

Will Little be there at 63? The more I think about his performance at his pro day, the less I do. Obviously concerns about 2 years of no football but the football tape is good and the pro day measurements are elite.

Is Mel off his rocker? Am I?

BryanBusby 03-21-2021 01:04 AM

I think we should temper the excitement just a little bit. I like this tackle class, but of course everyone is going to have a good pro day.

Not everyone is going to rocket out of the Chiefs range.

O.city 03-21-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15596275)
So, Mel had Walker Little to us at 31 a month ago. His pro day was nails.

I'm beginning to think if you gotta take a chance, do it on Little at 31 over doing it on some of the guys being talked about later on.

Will Little be there at 63? The more I think about his performance at his pro day, the less I do. Obviously concerns about 2 years of no football but the football tape is good and the pro day measurements are elite.

Is Mel off his rocker? Am I?

It’s a weird spot I’m that 31 is probably too high and 63 is too low.

Maybe a qb falls and someone wants to trade up for him

Chris Meck 03-21-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15596363)
It’s a weird spot I’m that 31 is probably too high and 63 is too low.

Maybe a qb falls and someone wants to trade up for him

It's very possible that Mac Jones falls and some team likes him but not enough to take him high or mid-first.

I could absolutely see Belichick liking him, for example.

Chris Meck 03-21-2021 07:42 AM

also-

this is the time of year when everyone's projections go haywire and everyone is ROCKETING UP in draft projections.

There's still just 32 guys in that can be first rounders.

Most teams are short on weapons. To compete with the Kansas City's of the league, you'll have to score points.

O.city 03-21-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15596370)
It's very possible that Mac Jones falls and some team likes him but not enough to take him high or mid-first.

I could absolutely see Belichick liking him, for example.

Ideally you could trade down, pick up and extra 3rd and take a tackle.

I’m skeptical we can get a day one starting LT without trading UP for one but it’s not impossible

Chris Meck 03-21-2021 08:03 AM

One thing to think about-

With Thuney and Long inside (and probably Reiter although it's not my preference), it WOULD make it easier for inexperienced OT's as long as they're physically talented enough. Really experienced, plus player at OG mean OT's can just ride out wide without having to worry as much about getting beat inside. The Guards are going to see danger and be able to point it out to the young-uns. It's not the worst situation, to be honest.

I still don't see Andy signing off on two rookie OT's.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2021 08:09 AM

Looking at the tackles in this draft, I can see three reasonable approaches to LT:

1) Most traditional: Wait until the Chiefs pick and take the best T available at 31, or - if one is not there who warrants the selection - trade down from 31 or up from 64 to get into an appropriate range for the guy they want.

2) Aggressive: Trade up from 31 to 18-20 and take Samuel Cosmi. You'd want to make sure you get in front of Indy, and from reading his scouts I think he might look like Eric Fisher in Year 1 (i.e. really struggle because he isn't strong enough for the NFL yet). But his upside is very nice.

3) Super aggressive: Trade up in front of San Diego and take Christian Darrisaw. This likely means getting into that 10-12 range, which would take 31, next year's first, and maybe a titch more.

Veach's history typically shows a GM who lives somewhere between Aggressive and Super Aggressive. Which, the more I think about it, makes me believe they're going to do something less conventional.

Chris Ballard would take #1 and be looking to trade down and still get the best guy available at 31. Probably Dorsey as well. But that's not Brett Veach, IMO.

O.city 03-21-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15596395)
One thing to think about-

With Thuney and Long inside (and probably Reiter although it's not my preference), it WOULD make it easier for inexperienced OT's as long as they're physically talented enough. Really experienced, plus player at OG mean OT's can just ride out wide without having to worry as much about getting beat inside. The Guards are going to see danger and be able to point it out to the young-uns. It's not the worst situation, to be honest.

I still don't see Andy signing off on two rookie OT's.

They’re about at the point where that’s just what they’re gonna have to do

O.city 03-21-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15596398)
Looking at the tackles in this draft, I can see three reasonable approaches to LT:

1) Most traditional: Wait until the Chiefs pick and take the best T available at 31, or - if one is not there who warrants the selection - trade down from 31 or up from 64 to get into an appropriate range for the guy they want.

2) Aggressive: Trade up from 31 to 18-20 and take Samuel Cosmi. You'd want to make sure you get in front of Indy, and from reading his scouts I think he might look like Eric Fisher in Year 1 (i.e. really struggle because he isn't strong enough for the NFL yet). But his upside is very nice.

3) Super aggressive: Trade up in front of San Diego and take Christian Darrisaw. This likely means getting into that 10-12 range, which would take 31, next year's first, and maybe a titch more.

Veach's history typically shows a GM who lives somewhere between Aggressive and Super Aggressive. Which, the more I think about it, makes me believe they're going to do something less conventional.

Chris Ballard would take #1 and be looking to trade down and still get the best guy available at 31. Probably Dorsey as well. But that's not Brett Veach, IMO.

Part of my “trade up for a LT” comes from this thinking and Veachs time as a gm. They go hard at their top option. He’s not a “sit and take what’s left” kind of gm, for better or worse.

The Franchise 03-21-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15596400)
They’re about at the point where that’s just what they’re gonna have to do

Maybe that became their plan when they missed out on Williams.

It was either Williams or rookie.

O.city 03-21-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15596455)
Maybe that became their plan when they missed out on Williams.

It was either Williams or rookie.

I’d imagine it has to be

If they think he’s the LT they want, take little at 31

BryanBusby 03-21-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15596398)

4. Veach takes a WR at 31 and people bitch. LT is taken in the 2nd round, people bitch more for not trading up for one and bitch because something blah blah they drafted some smaller school kid.

They sign Fisher in August and whatever because the rookie will be an extra tackle for 2021.

htismaqe 03-21-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15596387)
Ideally you could trade down, pick up and extra 3rd and take a tackle.

I’m skeptical we can get a day one starting LT without trading UP for one but it’s not impossible

To get a day 1 starting LT, you're probably giving up next year's 1st in a package to get up there.

KChiefs1 03-25-2021 01:27 PM

You don't trade up in the first round for an OL...you do that for a QB.

There are probably going to be 6-7 tackles taken off the board before the Chiefs at 31. I personally like Radunz & think he could be had in the 40's range.
I say trade down & get extra picks if you can find a trade partner, otherwise just go with the best WR or EDGE if the LT isn't there that you want.

Maybe trade up after the first round to get higher in the 2nd round if there's a tackle you really like.

UChieffyBugger 03-25-2021 09:53 PM

Where is Leatherwood on that list???

Anyway the question is which teams are likely to take a LT in round one? Cinci, Colts, Steelers...who else? Vikings?? So as much as folks want to hype up pro days and claim player x "won't be there by 31" who is gonna pick player x exactly? Teams with an established LT are not gonna spend a first rounder on another one once the very top guys are gone. I think people will be surprised to see who drops to us in the end tbh.

htismaqe 03-25-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15603829)
Where is Leatherwood on that list???

Anyway the question is which teams are likely to take a LT in round one? Cinci, Colts, Steelers...who else? Vikings?? So as much as folks want to hype up pro days and claim player x "won't be there by 31" who is gonna pick player x exactly? Teams with an established LT are nor gonna spend a first rounder on another one once the very top guys are gone. I think people will be surprised to see who drops to us in the end tbh.

Leatherwood is probably going to end up a guard in the NFL.

And I'm guessing between 4 and 5 guys go off the board before us.

Bengals, Dolphins, Vikings, Chargers, Steelers, and Colts all have needs but only the Bengals, Chargers, and Colts look to be "locks". The other teams either have other needs that could take precedence or they are rumored to have a plan that doesn't involve the draft.

O.city 03-27-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15603882)
Leatherwood is probably going to end up a guard in the NFL.

And I'm guessing between 4 and 5 guys go off the board before us.

Bengals, Dolphins, Vikings, Chargers, Steelers, and Colts all have needs but only the Bengals, Chargers, and Colts look to be "locks". The other teams either have other needs that could take precedence or they are rumored to have a plan that doesn't involve the draft.

I'm thinking the Bengals don't end up going tackle. There's gonna be some better players there for them.

Chargers and Colts seem like locks.

htismaqe 03-27-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15605102)
I'm thinking the Bengals don't end up going tackle. There's gonna be some better players there for them.

Chargers and Colts seem like locks.

With the trade down to 12 and then back up to 6, the Dolphins are more likely to take a tackle now depending on how the WR’s fall.

BTW Jeremiah’s latest mock has us trading up to 25 for Jenkins.

O.city 03-27-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605111)
With the trade down to 12 and then back up to 6, the Dolphins are more likely to take a tackle now depending on how the WR’s fall.

Dunno how I feel about that. Is he a LT? I thought he was more rt

The Franchise 03-27-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605111)

I saw that. And from what I can tell, because he didn’t list what we gave up, it’s #136 in the 4th.

1st - Jenkins
2nd - Meinerz
3rd - Elerson Smith, DE, NIU
4th - Simi Fehoku, WR, Stanford

My only question....is can Jenkins play LT?

RunKC 03-27-2021 09:21 AM

1st rd tackles

Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Christian Darrisaw
Alijah Vera-Tucker-some teams think he can play tackle
Sam Cosmi
Teven Jenkins
Liam Eichenberg

2nd rd tackles

Brady Christensen
Jalen Mayfield-some teams think he can play tackle
Dillon Radunz
Walker Little

3rd rd tackles

Spencer Brown
James Hudson

Talent is going to dry up after the first 40 picks IMO. Not sure I see how we can even think of getting a tackle that’s not developmental after 31 unless we trade a lot of resources to go in the top 40 from 63

The Franchise 03-27-2021 10:03 AM

How many OTs do you think are going in the first 65 picks? There are other groups out there that teams need.

kccrow 03-27-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605188)
How many OTs do you think are going in the first 65 picks? There are other groups out there that teams need.

That list is fairly legit, to be honest.

Look at the last 2 years:

1-4. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia (NYG)
1-10. Jedrick Wills, LT, Alabama (CLE)
1-11. Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville (NYJ)
1-13. Tristan Wirfs, RT, Iowa (TB)
1-18. Austin Jackson, LT, USC (MIA)
1-24. Cesar Ruiz, RG (OC), Michigan (NO)
1-29. Isaiah Wilson, RT, Georgia (TEN)
2-39. Robert Hunt, RT, Lousiana (MIA)
2-58. Ezra Cleveland, RG (OT), Boise State
3-69. Damien Lewis, LG, LSU (SEA)
3-72. Josh Jones, LT, Houson (ARZ) backup to Humphries
3-75. Jonah Jackson, RG, Ohio State (DET)
3-78. Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple (ATL)
3-83. Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU (DEN)
3-96. Lucas Niang, RT, TCU (KC)
3-99. Matt Peart, RT, UConn (NYG)
3-106. Tyre Phillips, RT, Mississippi State (BAL)

RD 1 OT x 5
RD 2 OT x 2
RD 3 OT x 4

1-11 Jonah Williams, LT, Alabama (CIN)
1-14 Chris Lindstrom, RG, Boston College (ATL)
1-18. Garrett Bradbury, OC, NC State (MIN)
1-22. Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State (PHI)
1-23. Tytus Howard, RT, Alabama State (HOU)
1-31. Kaleb McGary, RT, Washington (ATL)
2-35. Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida (JAX)
2-37. Greg Little, LT, Ole Miss (CAR)
2-38. Cody Ford, RT, Oklahoma (BUF)
2-41. Dalton Risner LG (OT), Kansas State (DEN)
2-44. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State (GB)
2-48. Erik McCoy, OC, Texas A&M (NO)
2-55. Max Scharping, LG (OT), Northern Illinois (HOU)
3-78. Michael Deiter, LG, Wisconsin (MIA) backup
3-82. Nate Davis, RG, Charlotte (TEN)
3-90. Connor McGovern, LG, Penn State (DAL) backup
3-91. Trey Pipkins, LT, Sioux Falls (LAC) backup
3-92. Chuma Edoga, LT, USC (NYJ) backup
3-97. Bobby Evans, RT, Oklahoma (LAR) backup
3-101. Yodny Cajuste, LT, West Virginia (NE) backup

RD 1 OT x 4
RD 2 OT x 5
RD 3 OT x 4

This year should be a bit of a hybrid of the two. His list has 13 OTs. 2020 had 11 and 2019 had 13 drafted in the first 3 rounds. It will be very similar again this year.

staylor26 03-27-2021 12:12 PM

There are some guys missing from that list. Some may not be a fit, and some may fall into day 3, some might end up at G, but there’s more T’s than are on that list.

D’Ante Smith
Alex Leatherwood
Jackson Carman
Josh Ball
Stone Forsythe
Jaylon Moore

RunKC 03-27-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15605259)
That list is fairly legit, to be honest.

Look at the last 2 years:

1-4. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia (NYG)
1-10. Jedrick Wills, LT, Alabama (CLE)
1-11. Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville (NYJ)
1-13. Tristan Wirfs, RT, Iowa (TB)
1-18. Austin Jackson, LT, USC (MIA)
1-24. Cesar Ruiz, RG (OC), Michigan (NO)
1-29. Isaiah Wilson, RT, Georgia (TEN)
2-39. Robert Hunt, RT, Lousiana (MIA)
2-58. Ezra Cleveland, RG (OT), Boise State
3-69. Damien Lewis, LG, LSU (SEA)
3-72. Josh Jones, LT, Houson (ARZ) backup to Humphries
3-75. Jonah Jackson, RG, Ohio State (DET)
3-78. Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple (ATL)
3-83. Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU (DEN)
3-96. Lucas Niang, RT, TCU (KC)
3-99. Matt Peart, RT, UConn (NYG)
3-106. Tyre Phillips, RT, Mississippi State (BAL)

RD 1 OT x 5
RD 2 OT x 2
RD 3 OT x 4

1-11 Jonah Williams, LT, Alabama (CIN)
1-14 Chris Lindstrom, RG, Boston College (ATL)
1-18. Garrett Bradbury, OC, NC State (MIN)
1-22. Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State (PHI)
1-23. Tytus Howard, RT, Alabama State (HOU)
1-31. Kaleb McGary, RT, Washington (ATL)
2-35. Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida (JAX)
2-37. Greg Little, LT, Ole Miss (CAR)
2-38. Cody Ford, RT, Oklahoma (BUF)
2-41. Dalton Risner LG (OT), Kansas State (DEN)
2-44. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State (GB)
2-48. Erik McCoy, OC, Texas A&M (NO)
2-55. Max Scharping, LG (OT), Northern Illinois (HOU)
3-78. Michael Deiter, LG, Wisconsin (MIA) backup
3-82. Nate Davis, RG, Charlotte (TEN)
3-90. Connor McGovern, LG, Penn State (DAL) backup
3-91. Trey Pipkins, LT, Sioux Falls (LAC) backup
3-92. Chuma Edoga, LT, USC (NYJ) backup
3-97. Bobby Evans, RT, Oklahoma (LAR) backup
3-101. Yodny Cajuste, LT, West Virginia (NE) backup

RD 1 OT x 4
RD 2 OT x 5
RD 3 OT x 4

This year should be a bit of a hybrid of the two. His list has 13 OTs. 2020 had 11 and 2019 had 13 drafted in the first 3 rounds. It will be very similar again this year.

That can’t be! Staylor said I was making this all up LMAO

htismaqe 03-27-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605188)

10 or 11. I think 5 or maybe 6 go before the Chiefs at 31.

staylor26 03-27-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605264)
That can’t be! Staylor said I was making this all up LMAO

Umm no.

1. You didn’t include all of the T’s.

2. You talk like every T is going to be gone before our picks.

The Franchise 03-27-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605266)

But people also need to factor that teams look at different things when it comes to LT. We aren’t looking at every LT as a starter in our offense. Just like there are LTs that aren’t going to fit in a run first offense.

staylor26 03-27-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605270)
But people also need to factor that teams look at different things when it comes to LT. We aren’t looking at every LT as a starter in our offense. Just like there are LTs that aren’t going to fit in a run first offense.

Exactly. For example, Leatherwood isn’t a LT for us, but for a team like the Steelers?

RunKC 03-27-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605266)

That’s why I think we might be pigeon holed into having to use our first pick on tackle. I think there will be at least 5 taken in td 1, maybe 6.

We can’t trade up from 63 to the 40’s without giving up a ton, so that seems unrealistic.

You’re looking at Walker Little and scraps after pick 50 IMO.

The Franchise 03-27-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605281)
That’s why I think we might be pigeon holed into having to use our first pick on tackle. I think there will be at least 5 taken in td 1, maybe 6.

We can’t trade up from 63 to the 40’s without giving up a ton, so that seems unrealistic.

What is this ton that you’re talking about? A 3rd round pick this year? A 2nd round pick next year?

How is that a ton but people are down for trading a first next year to move up in the first for a LT they aren’t even sure that the Chiefs are interested in.

staylor26 03-27-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605281)

LMAO No

There are some guys that require some development, but I wouldn’t call them “scraps” by any means.

What I don’t get is, you say this, but then you turn around and talk about how great this OT class is. It makes no sense.

RunKC 03-27-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15605304)
LMAO No

There are some guys that require some development, but I wouldn’t call them “scraps” by any means.

Not all of them fit what Andy wants in a LT. Pretty much every OL Andy has drafted here has been very tall. At least 6’5. Only Allegretti and McKenzie were shorter than 6’5”. Just saw Fulton is listed as 6’5” but his draft profile is 6’4.5”.

Andy clearly has a preference on tackles. I don’t think guys like James Hudson fits that mold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15605304)
What I don’t get is, you say this, but then you turn around and talk about how great this OT class is. It makes no sense.

There were 3 OT’s drafted in the first rd in 2018. There were 4 in 2019. There’s probably going to be 5 or 6 this year + a couple that could be 1st Rd picks on teams boards in the early 2nd.

Just because a draft is deep at a position doesn’t mean you can get a great player in rd 3. 2016 draft was insane with DL talent and the talent dried up mid 2nd rd.

staylor26 03-27-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605354)
Not all of them fit what Andy wants in a LT. Pretty much every OL Andy has drafted here has been very tall. At least 6’5. Only Allegretti and McKenzie were shorter than 6’5”. Just saw Fulton is listed as 6’5” but his draft profile is 6’4.5”.

Andy clearly has a preference on tackles. I don’t think guys like James Hudson fits that mold.

There were 3 OT’s drafted in the first rd in 2018. There were 4 in 2019. There’s probably going to be 5 or 6 this year + a couple that could be 1st Rd picks on teams boards in the early 2nd.

Just because a draft is deep at a position doesn’t mean you can get a great player in rd 3. 2016 draft was insane with DL talent and the talent dried up mid 2nd rd.

But we’re talking about the totality of the class. Not every team is going to have the same philosophy and scheme fit. That pushes guys down as well like Franchise and I have been saying.

Also, most of the guys I listed at 6’5”+.

Ball and Forythe are two guys that I think are really slept on as fits for us. Both are 6’8”+, and their strength is pass protection. Those 2 are extremely underrated.

Now, I’d rather not wait until the 3rd round to get our guy, but there will certainly be talent available with starting LT upside. I mean we just got a 1st round caliber talent in the 3rd last year, and the depth is actually better this year. Last years class was just better at the top.

The point is, I agree with you that this is a great OT class, but it’s even better than you think.

The Franchise 03-27-2021 03:07 PM

I’ve yet to see anyone saying that they would wait until the 3rd round to grab a LT. Most everyone is saying take one at 31, trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd for one.

htismaqe 03-27-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605270)

For sure. I didn’t say otherwise, just that I think 5 or so will go before 31. There’s a great chance a guy we want falls because teams value different skill sets.

htismaqe 03-27-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605284)
What is this ton that you’re talking about? A 3rd round pick this year? A 2nd round pick next year?
I’m
How is that a ton but people are down for trading a first next year to move up in the first for a LT they aren’t even sure that the Chiefs are interested in.

Exactly. Trading up in the 2nd is too costly but trading up in the first isn’t? That makes no sense.

htismaqe 03-27-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605401)
I’ve yet to see anyone saying that they would wait until the 3rd round to grab a LT. Most everyone is saying take one at 31, trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd for one.

Exactly. I’m down for ANYTHING other than trading away multiple first round picks. Everything else is in the table.

RunKC 03-27-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605401)

You’ve yet to see anyone advocate for that huh? Maybe you should look at staylor’s directly before yours advocating two 3rd or later prospects in Josh Ball and Stone Forsythe LMAO

The entire point of this draft is that we are in a pretty good spot at the end of the first rd and a quality LT prospect like Liam Eichenberg, Sam Cosmi or Brady Christensen is gonna be there.

But if we wait until our 2nd pick they will probably all be gone. And yeah trading up far enough to get one is gonna cost an early pick or two, so why not just get the value at 31 or trade up a few spots for a reasonable deal?

There’s a big drop off after Eichenberg and Christensen due to talent or question marks.

staylor26 03-27-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605449)
You’ve yet to see anyone advocate for that huh? Maybe you should look at staylor’s directly before yours advocating two 3rd or later prospects in Josh Ball and Stone Forsythe LMAO

The entire point of this draft is that we are in a pretty good spot at the end of the first rd and a quality LT prospect like Liam Eichenberg, Sam Cosmi or Brady Christensen is gonna be there.

But if we wait until our 2nd pick they will probably all be gone. And yeah trading up far enough to get one is gonna cost an early pick or two, so why not just get the value at 31 or trade up a few spots for a reasonable deal?

There’s a big drop off after Eichenberg and Christensen due to talent or question marks.

JFC man do you even read?

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15605374)
But we’re talking about the totality of the class. Not every team is going to have the same philosophy and scheme fit. That pushes guys down as well like Franchise and I have been saying.

Also, most of the guys I listed at 6’5”+.

Ball and Forythe are two guys that I think are really slept on as fits for us. Both are 6’8”+, and their strength is pass protection. Those 2 are extremely underrated.

Now, I’d rather not wait until the 3rd round to get our guy, but there will certainly be talent available with starting LT upside. I mean we just got a 1st round caliber talent in the 3rd last year, and the depth is actually better this year. Last years class was just better at the top.

The point is, I agree with you that this is a great OT class, but it’s even better than you think.

Franchise is absolutely right. I’ve said the same thing over and over again myself. You just don’t ****ing get it.

The point was that there’s more talent in this class than you realize.

BryanBusby 03-27-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15605475)

Yep. This is the best OT class I have seen in years.

RunKC 03-27-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15605475)
JFC man do you even read?

Franchise is absolutely right. I’ve said the same thing over and over again myself. You just don’t ****ing get it.

You’re advocating about day 3 fits for us in Ball and Forythe and then saying you don’t want to do that?

If we already have a tackle and want to double-down? Sure. But if we wait until day 3 for LT and decide to get one of those guys as the solution, I’d consider that a disaster.

staylor26 03-27-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15605540)
You’re advocating about day 3 fits for us in Ball and Forythe and then saying you don’t want to do that?

If we already have a tackle and want to double-down? Sure. But if we wait until day 3 for LT and decide to get one of those guys as the solution, I’d consider that a disaster.

No, I’m simply making a point about the talent at the T position in this draft class.

I clearly said that I prefer not to wait till the 3rd round.

You can not want to wait till the 3rd round while also acknowledging that there will still be talent there. You understand that, right?

htismaqe 03-27-2021 09:29 PM

It’s going to be really great here if they don’t draft a tackle at all. Veach is not going to get backed into a corner.

The Franchise 03-27-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605630)
It’s going to be really great here if they don’t draft a tackle at all. Veach is not going to get backed into a corner.

I may need to take a break from the internet if that happens.

htismaqe 03-27-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15605670)
I may need to take a break from the internet if that happens.

I mean of course they know it’s a need. But all this talk about they HAVE to take a tackle - I don’t think the Chiefs will subscribe to that thinking at all. Tackle may end up being BPA but they’re not going to bend over.

kccrow 03-28-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605630)

Not in the 1st? Yes, I could see that being a reality.

At all? That would be incompetence at the highest level.

htismaqe 03-28-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15605685)
Not in the 1st? Yes, I could see that being a reality.

At all? That would be incompetence at the highest level.

According to you. I will defer to the guys that have been to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Look, I’m not saying they won’t draft a tackle. I think they will. I just don’t think they see it like the fans at all.

kccrow 03-28-2021 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15605690)
According to you. I will defer to the guys that have been to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Look, I’m not saying they won’t draft a tackle. I think they will. I just don’t think they see it like the fans at all.

I pray Veach isn't that stupid, and I really don't think he is.

Veach has been solid overall but he's been riding the coattails of mostly Dorsey's picks. The only good pick from the 2018 draft was Derrick Nnadi but no 1st to his credit. The only really good pick in 19 was Thornhill and that was a slap-you-in-the-face value any idiot should have seen. Hardman is meh, ok, and Allegretti is serviceable. He sent a 1st for Clark and I'd argue there was no real upgrade over Houston. 20 the jury is out on but Sneed looks like a hit and Clyde is ok. So, I don't give him free benefit of the doubt because so far he's been very average on his hits and misses and not way above average as some seem to think. I give more benefit to Reid and the coaching staff than I do Veach to this point and credit to where it's due on who picked the bulk of the talent on this roster.

If Veach doesn't draft a tackle, there better have 1) been a FA signing already or 2) be one coming via trade for a pick next year in short order. That or it's epic dumbassery, pure and simple.

Even if you go into 2021 thinking you're putting Niang at LT and Remmers at RT, you don't have a ****ing backup worth a shit. That backup well has run pretty dry in FA sans 1 or 2 guys which speaks to #1 above.

htismaqe 03-28-2021 06:28 AM

I kind of figured that’s where this was going. Probably best to just agree to disagree and move on.

O.city 03-28-2021 07:34 AM

If there’s a guy they like enough to trade up from 63 for, just take him at 31 and move on

The Franchise 03-28-2021 09:03 AM

For all of the shit Veach gets for drafting Speaks....people seem to forget that Dorsey drafted KPass that didn’t do shit either. Dorsey isn’t this ****ing God.

2013 - Fisher and Kelce. The rest was complete shit.
2014 - Dee Ford and LDT. Ford took forever to develop and his only saving grace was the 2nd rounder we got for him.
2015 - Peters and Morse. I guess you can add role players in Conley and Nelson. Although Conley was a 3rd rounder that didn’t last past his rookie deal.
2016 - Chris Jones, Demarcus Robinson and Tyreek Hill. But let’s forget the 3 DBs that he drafted that never did dick. Russell was so awesome that he was a 3rd rounder that got cut in his first training camp.
2017 - Mahomes and Hunt. The rest was garbage.

Dorsey could never ****ing draft a LB for this team and outside of Peters....he couldn’t hit on a DB.

RunKC 03-28-2021 09:11 AM

As long as Andy is here I have total faith in this team to find weapons and OL. He’s been successful at this for more than 20 years

O.city 03-28-2021 10:40 AM

The more I’ve read I think eichenberg goes way earlier than we think.

And people way overrate the draft. If you hit on 2 players in a draft, it’s a fine draft. Any more than that your doing well

Chris Meck 03-28-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15605847)
The more I’ve read I think eichenberg goes way earlier than we think.

And people way overrate the draft. If you hit on 2 players in a draft, it’s a fine draft. Any more than that your doing well

I don't see how, or at least if he does, it will push someone unexpected at OT to be available. There aren't going to be a half dozen OT's go in the first round, that's just not going to happen.

And as for overrating the draft, I disagree and particularly so in this year, with all the covid weirdness, opt-outs, partial seasons, etc. combined with with all of the new front offices and scouting departments/coaching staffs/offensive and defensive systems...a team like KC, with remarkable organizational stability should absolutely kill this draft.