ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337801)

kcbubb 04-07-2021 10:12 PM

Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine

The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/

kcbubb 04-07-2021 10:13 PM

I like josh Allen even more now.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-07-2021 10:14 PM

But but that .0001 %chance...

Bugeater 04-07-2021 10:15 PM

I like turtles.

Sassy Squatch 04-07-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15619233)
I like turtles.

You seem nice.

KCrockaholic 04-07-2021 10:16 PM

Always have liked that dude. His body, and his choice.

eDave 04-07-2021 10:16 PM

Just lost me as a Bills fan. Mahomes probably got his without debate.

Pitt Gorilla 04-07-2021 10:18 PM

I can't imagine someone being scared of getting vaccinated.

Bugeater 04-07-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15619235)
You seem nice.

Let's make out.

eDave 04-07-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15619239)

I can't imagine someone ****ing his best interests. Josh Allen, lol.

ChiefAshhole1056 04-07-2021 10:45 PM

He’s a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him. Perhaps he’s confident enough in his immune system to weigh whether it’s even necessary for him at this point.

eDave 04-07-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 15619267)
He’s a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him. Perhaps he’s confident enough in his immune system to weigh whether it’s even necessary for him at this point.

Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.

Bump 04-07-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

how many NFL players that got it have died or became permanently handicapped? Lots probably.

ChiefAshhole1056 04-07-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15619275)
Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.

So just get it because it makes other people more comfortable?

eDave 04-07-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 15619279)
So just get it because it makes other people more comfortable?

No.

Pitt Gorilla 04-07-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

You could be absolutely correct. It could also be that he's simply a coward. Difficult to determine with what we know. :shrug:

eDave 04-07-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15619296)
You could be absolutely correct. It could also be that he's simply a coward. Difficult to determine with what we know. :shrug:

No. He's an asshole. Just say yes. Who would know or even care?

Josh Allen isn't thinking about it. Thinking about it at this point is low key not getting it because of silly reasoning. He's being an asshole.

Mahomes is better at everything.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-07-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Why not just tie him down and force the vaccine in him.

ChiefAshhole1056 04-07-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15619296)

I don’t think following the status quo and doing what the screens are telling us to do is necessarily the brave thing to do though. I’d say those standing up for their stance and not folding are the brave ones since that seems pretty clear to be what upsets people.

Also don’t see why tf Josh Allen is being asked about this. The real problem here is the hyper-involvement of politics and ethic policing that sports media has immersed itself in to. Attempting to use entertainment figures as beacons of social example is only going to upset/disappoint people consistently.

eDave 04-07-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15619304)
Why not just tie him down and force the vaccine in him.

Who said he had to take it? Certainly not me.

eDave 04-07-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 15619308)
I don’t think following the status quo and doing what the screens are telling us to do is necessarily the brave thing to do though. I’d say those standing up for their stance and not folding are the brave ones since that seems pretty clear to be what upsets people.

Also don’t see why tf Josh Allen is being asked about this. The real problem here is the hyper-involvement of politics and ethic policing that sports media has immersed itself in to. Attempting to use entertainment figures as beacons of social example is only going to upset/disappoint people consistently.

He has no "stance" if he's thinking about it. Shit or get off the pot. Do or do not. There is no try.

He don't have the skillset to even pop off like this.

To the rest, I agree.

Sorry 04-07-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15619277)
how many NFL players that got it have died or became permanently handicapped? Lots probably.

So, there’s no athletes who’s careers have been effected due to covid?

Chief Pagan 04-07-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 15619236)
His body, and his choice.

Absolutely. If he gets Covid next fall and misses one or more games, its all about him and his body. Who cares about his teammates. Certainly not him.

BlackOp 04-08-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Only an asshole would try to force another person to inject themselves with a substance that hasnt been properly tested...but as long as it satiates your fear "feels"...right?

You'd make a proper brownnshirt...they like them nice and compliant.

eDave 04-08-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15619327)
Only an asshole would try to force another person to inject themselves with a substance that hasnt been properly tested...but as long as it satiates your fear "feels"...right?

Not my point. I think you know that. My POINT is, shut the **** up Josh. Have you ever heard of set and setting, or have never tripped on acid?

Bump 04-08-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15619312)
So, there’s no athletes who’s careers have been effected due to covid?

That's what I was asking? I remember hearing many names testing positive, just wondering how many died.

BlackOp 04-08-2021 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15619334)
That's what I was asking? I remember hearing many names testing positive, just wondering how many died.

I know at least 2 dozen people who have had it...and the worst was losing his taste. These were people who fit in the "otherwise healthy" category and under 60... most said they had fatigue for a few days.

How the media convinced people this was like the black plague was a masterclass in propaganda...it literally has a 99.8% survival rate...and that is including the skewed mortality statistics...

People are still acting like it's this super deadly virus when it's not...not even close.

The media could say sunshine is terrible for them and the sky is purple....and they would believe it.

Rainbarrel 04-08-2021 04:44 AM

Tune in next week when we ask Lamar Jackson about cholera.

Spott 04-08-2021 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15619237)
Just lost me as a Bills fan. Mahomes probably got his without debate.

At the end of his interview, he said he was probably going to take the vaccine because he was really worried about a Chiefs fan 3 time zones away from him possibly not rooting for him. Josh was also quoted as saying “although it may not be a popular decision not to take the vaccine, at least I’m not a racist asshole like Carlton Davis”.

Cheater5 04-08-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Hmm. You're judging a 25 year old professional athlete, who is in the lowest category for being at risk of either contracting COVID or having long term adverse effects for an illness with a 99.8% survival rate. He is simply pausing to think before deciding whether or not to allow a foreign substance enter his bloodstream

Yet you gleefully admit to smoking what-- 15 cigarettes per day? Second-hand smoke causes an increase in cancer rates by 30% of non-smokers. Cigarette butts are the single greatest source of ocean trash on the planet...but you're not harming anyone. Your body, your choice, amirite?

Josh Allen is an 'asshole'? I think I know another one.

RealSNR 04-08-2021 05:57 AM

Forgive me for stereotyping a guy who used to throw a lot of picks and had a very low completion percentage, but since he's only not been that kind of QB for a single season, I still have this perception of him that he's a sub-80 IQ dingus and a butt****ing moron.

kysirsoze 04-08-2021 05:58 AM

Exhausting vaccine debate aside, Josh Allen sounds just really stupid. Like even by normal NFL player interview standards.

RealSNR 04-08-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 15619379)
Exhausting vaccine debate aside, Josh Allen sounds just really stupid. Like even by normal NFL player interview standards.

I've never met an intelligent Josh in my life.

Yes, I know there are people named Josh who are actually pretty smart. I've just never met one.

saphojunkie 04-08-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 15619374)
Hmm. You're judging a 25 year old professional athlete, who is in the lowest category for being at risk of either contracting COVID or having long term adverse effects for an illness with a 99.8% survival rate. He is simply pausing to think before deciding whether or not to allow a foreign substance enter his bloodstream

Yet you gleefully admit to smoking what-- 15 cigarettes per day? Second-hand smoke causes an increase in cancer rates by 30% of non-smokers. Cigarette butts are the single greatest source of ocean trash on the planet...but you're not harming anyone. Your body, your choice, amirite?

You dumb ****s don't get it. Young, healthy people pass it onto older, unhealthy people. They're bridges. Vaccination burns the ****ing bridge.

But you piece of shit "personal responsibility" Ayn Rand ****wads can't wrap your bald, goateed, monster energy nacho brains around that idea.

Same goes for the yoga-mom, eastern medicine, health and wellness SoCal bitches who think personal growth books outweigh medical degrees and being woke means being educated.

Rainbarrel 04-08-2021 07:05 AM

I thought it was a failure in leadership. The weak as well as the strong listen.

Skyy God 04-08-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15619277)

I don’t even know where to start.

You should be placed in stocks and mocked as the town moron.

Marcellus 04-08-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15619239)

As someone who has gotten vaccinated, I cant believe you could be dumb enough to not understand why some people aren't keen on taking a non FDA approved vaccine.

Check that, I can believe it.

Hoover 04-08-2021 07:20 AM

On a personal level, I support Allen's position.

I'd feel differently if I was the Bills. How bad would it suck if Allen gets the Covid during the season, or worse, during the playoffs. I agree that as a healthy young athlete he's not any serious risk, but just look at what happened to the Nationals. If I was the owner I'd pressure my entire staff to be vaccinated because it makes business sense.

Marcellus 04-08-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15619401)
You dumb ****s don't get it. Young, healthy people pass it onto older, unhealthy people. They're bridges. Vaccination burns the ****ing bridge.

But you piece of shit "personal responsibility" Ayn Rand ****wads can't wrap your bald, goateed, monster energy nacho brains around that idea.

Same goes for the yoga-mom, eastern medicine, health and wellness SoCal bitches who think personal growth books outweigh medical degrees and being woke means being educated.

Wouldn't the older unhealthy people get vaccinated and this not be a risk? You may want to put the brakes on calling others stupid when you cant figure out simple concepts. All the old high risk people have been given access to the vaccine that is reported to be over 90% effective in stopping spread and contraction of covid.

O.city 04-08-2021 07:25 AM

Von Miller and Myles Garrett got hit pretty hard with covid and we’re down for a while

It’s not “die or don’t die”

But until it’s FDA approved and not EUA or whatever, no mandates.

RunKC 04-08-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15619327)

Not properly tested? Wtf

Shaid 04-08-2021 07:35 AM

Nothing wrong with anything he said, perfectly reasonable.

htismaqe 04-08-2021 07:41 AM

What a ****ing shit show.

Marcellus 04-08-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15619428)
Not properly tested? Wtf

Its not FDA approved and is considered experimental, they wont give it to kids under 16, etc...

I mean its a debatable topic whether some what to acknowledge it or not.

dlphg9 04-08-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 15619224)
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/

Dudes a ****ing idiot. Yeah, if he were to infected he'd have an extremely high chance of living, but there are two reasons why him not getting is ****ing reeruned.

1. However miniscule his chance of dying from this is, there is still a chance. If taking a shot or 2 eliminates that risk, then why not eliminate it? Shouldn't we all be taking measures to protect our selves from things that could kill us, especially when the measure is so incredibly easy to take?

2. Protect other people

This idiot says “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it."

So what is he seeing that keeps him from getting a shot? Other than being like most of the ****ing idiots here at CP?

dlphg9 04-08-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15619342)
I know at least 2 dozen people who have had it...and the worst was losing his taste. These were people who fit in the "otherwise healthy" category and under 60... most said they had fatigue for a few days.

How the media convinced people this was like the black plague was a masterclass in propaganda...it literally has a 99.8% survival rate...and that is including the skewed mortality statistics...

People are still acting like it's this super deadly virus when it's not...not even close.

The media could say sunshine is terrible for them and the sky is purple....and they would believe it.

Wonder how many other people those 2 dozen passed it to that weren't in good shape?

JohnnyHammersticks 04-08-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 15619374)

Gotta love it when smokers chime in with health advice. Someone doing the most moronic, least healthy thing you can possibly do to yourself wants to tell you what you should do with your body. :whackit:

Donger 04-08-2021 07:55 AM

LMAO

Monticore 04-08-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15619461)
Gotta love it when smokers chime in with health advice. Someone doing the most moronic, least healthy thing you can possibly do to yourself wants to tell you what you should do with your body. :whackit:

They majority of my wife's patients who don't trust vaccines/medications tend to be smokers as well for fear of what they contain.

Rainbarrel 04-08-2021 07:57 AM

Your fan base is known for drunken table jumps and putting fingers up butts at your stadium. Think beyond yourself and act like the face of the franchise.

Monticore 04-08-2021 08:00 AM

Endocarditis/cardiomyopathy can be caused by any virus/bacteria and can affect younger athletes, is it rare sure but could be career ending, COVID at this point seems more likely to cause such an effect than most and I am sure somebody somewhere has developed it.

Spott 04-08-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15619424)
Wouldn't the older unhealthy people get vaccinated and this not be a risk? You may want to put the brakes on calling others stupid when you cant figure out simple concepts. All the old high risk people have been given access to the vaccine that is reported to be over 90% effective in stopping spread and contraction of covid.

Screw that. The vaccine “burns the bridge” so the older unhealthy people that have been eating junk food, smoking, and living unhealthy their whole lives shouldn’t have to worry about getting a vaccine. Sure Josh Allen has spent a ton of time exercising and living healthy enough to be a professional athlete, but he should have to cater to people that sit around smoking cigarettes and eating Doritos all day.

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Would you go get anthrax vaccine just because you might get it and get sick from it one day with very little chance of that ever happening? No probably not because there's not a huge risk for it. He's young healthy and doesn't want to get an expiremental shot in which companies aren't liable and can't be sued. The data shows people in his category are very low risk for anything serious. There are other illness's out there like this you know every day where certain people are higher risk than others. Literally not new to medical science. It's just people have lost their god damn minds over this.

Idk seems smart to me. If your a high risk with preexisting conditions get it because it could mean death. What's the rush if your not at risk?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BigBeauford 04-08-2021 08:10 AM

I'm young, healthy in good enough shape, so why did I get vaccinated? Because I care about people who could get sick if I gave it to them. Also:

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it.

A guy who isn't sure about getting a vaccine doesn't strike me as someone who is "into statistics".

AdolfOliverBush 04-08-2021 08:19 AM

He's always been slow to process information, but until now I thought that was just on the field.

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15619455)
Dudes a ****ing idiot. Yeah, if he were to infected he'd have an extremely high chance of living, but there are two reasons why him not getting is ****ing reeruned.

1. However miniscule his chance of dying from this is, there is still a chance. If taking a shot or 2 eliminates that risk, then why not eliminate it? Shouldn't we all be taking measures to protect our selves from things that could kill us, especially when the measure is so incredibly easy to take?

2. Protect other people

This idiot says “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it."

So what is he seeing that keeps him from getting a shot? Other than being like most of the ****ing idiots here at CP?

The vaccine was rushed out in a year and it's still an experiment I don't blame healthy least at risk people to wait it out a bit. I don't see a problem with this especially if people who are more at risk are being vaccinated first.

Chiefnj2 04-08-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15619487)

A guy who isn't sure about getting a vaccine doesn't strike me as someone who is "into statistics".

What are the odds that a healthy 25 year old with no health issues gets seriously ill from Covid in the United States?

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15619487)
I'm young, healthy in good enough shape, so why did I get vaccinated? Because I care about people who could get sick if I gave it to them. Also:

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it.

But If those people are already being vaccinated then what's the harm if you wait? The vaccine is is widely available now if your high risk you can get it. So if I decide to hold off a bit because I'm not worried it should be ok because if your high risk and you decide to not get vaccinated well wouldn't that be your own fault?

smithandrew051 04-08-2021 08:24 AM

I can’t imagine caring about anything Josh Allen says

suzzer99 04-08-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

The Swedish guy I know who ran half-marathons all the time still isn't 100% back to normal a year later. He said his lungs "hurt" in a way that's hard to describe and he never felt before.

Something like that seems like a much bigger risk for a pro athlete than getting the vaccine.

Cam looked like total shit after getting covid last year.

MahomesMagic 04-08-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15619401)

Actually the older and fatter, obese people are more likely to be super spreaders. Yet I don't see them stopping their food habits in the last year.

Guess they aren't trying to help us either.

Monticore 04-08-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15619497)
The vaccine was rushed out in a year and it's still an experiment I don't blame healthy least at risk people to wait it out a bit. I don't see a problem with this especially if people who are more at risk are being vaccinated first.

Why do you guys keep calling this vaccine rushed , that implies they cut corners , they already had existing tech and have been working on coronavirus vaccines since 2003 , if you throw 10x more money and people at a problem you would expect getting results sooner doesn't mean it was rushed.

BigBeauford 04-08-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15619503)
But If those people are already being vaccinated then what's the harm if you wait? The vaccine is is widely available now if your high risk you can get it. So if I decide to hold off a bit because I'm not worried it should be ok because if your high risk and you decide to not get vaccinated well wouldn't that be your own fault?

I would prefer my 6 year old daughter with asthma who can't get the vaccine not get COVID.

Chiefnj2 04-08-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15619514)
Why do you guys keep calling this vaccine rushed , that implies they cut corners , they already had existing tech and have been working on coronavirus vaccines since 2003 , if you throw 10x more money and people at a problem you would expect getting results sooner doesn't mean it was rushed.

Why doesn't the vaccine have full FDA approval yet?

kcclone 04-08-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Josh Allen is asshoe

The CCP must give him negative social credit to fix this!

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15619514)

Fair, but can you not see that getting a vaccine out like this is unprecedented? I can see where people might be a bit spooked and it is still categorized as experimental.

Monticore 04-08-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 15619516)
Why doesn't the vaccine have full FDA approval yet?

The same people who regulate cigarette are the gold standard for safety?

Monticore 04-08-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15619520)
Fair, but can you not see that getting a vaccine out like this is unprecedented? I can see where people might be a bit spooked and it is still categorized as experimental.

There was a safe effective vaccine for h1n1 with it a year , there was an issue with and earlier vaccine but that one wasn’t the one approved and used by most , I got it within a year as well as my kids and we are still doing fine .

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15619515)
I would prefer my 6 year old daughter with asthma who can't get the vaccine not get COVID.

Makes sense for you to get it you are high risk OR interact with a potential high risk person.

Ok so if kids can get the virus but they can't get vaccinated wouldn't that mean that even if all adults got vaccinated kids will still spread it amongst themselves? Still a risk there, and you could argue the risk stays the same even with adults vaccinated because kids interact with kids probably more than adults.

suzzer99 04-08-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

You are aware you live in the USA where selfishness has become the highest virtue, right?

BleedingRed 04-08-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Keep your daughter in a bubble then, I love all the virtue signaling.

"I'm saving other lives getting vaccinated!"

Lmao bunch of pussys

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15619524)
There was a safe effective vaccine for h1n1 with it a year , there was an issue with and earlier vaccine but that one wasn’t the one approved and used by most , I got it within a year as well as my kids and we are still doing fine .

I am not saying the vaccine isn't safe or people shouldn't get it. I am just saying I don't think it's crazy for a healthy not high risk folks to want to wait it out is all I am saying.

Never been an anti-vaxer, the opposite really. I have had more vacccines than the average American with being in the military and spending time over seas.

O.city 04-08-2021 08:49 AM

Vaccinated people aren't spreading the virus. It was a dumb talking point they shouldn't have ever brought up.

Get the vaccine, go back to normal life. Don't get it, go back to normal life.

Monticore 04-08-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15619520)

It is understandable to be worried about taking anything new vaccine/ medication , the risks from covid far out weight risks from vaccine for your health your families health and the economy.

We vaccinate young healthy people who are low risk all the time even for things that have a really low risk of death.
Many new vaccines have been introduced i the last 20 years haven’t really seen the same kind of backlash for the varicella , HPV, pneumonia vaccines .

BleedingRed 04-08-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15619536)
Vaccinated people aren't spreading the virus. It was a dumb talking point they shouldn't have ever brought up.

Get the vaccine, go back to normal life. Don't get it, go back to normal life.

This,

If you are scared or worried get the vaccine. If you are not, dont get it.

Why is this so hard to understand, your health is not my problem.

BleedingRed 04-08-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15619537)
It is understandable to be worried about taking anything new vaccine/ medication , the risks from covid far out weight risks from vaccine for your health your families health and the economy.

We vaccinate young healthy people who are low risk all the time even for things that have a really low risk of death.
Many new vaccines have been introduced i the last 20 years haven’t really seen the same kind of backlash for the varicella , HPV, pneumonia vaccines .

There is a pretty big backlash for HPV vaccine.

O.city 04-08-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15619541)
This,

If you are scared or worried get the vaccine. If you are not, dont get it.

Why is this so hard to understand, your health is not my problem.

Sure.

We had 4 deaths in my family from Covid so we were all happy to get the vaccine and be done with this whole ordeal.

I don't give a shit what you do. Have at it.

BleedingRed 04-08-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15619545)
Sure.

We had 4 deaths in my family from Covid so we were all happy to get the vaccine and be done with this whole ordeal.

I don't give a shit what you do. Have at it.

Good you make your health choices I'll make mine. Condolences

arrwheader 04-08-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

https://ncov2019.live/calculator

OKchiefs 04-08-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15619503)

The harm is we will never reach herd immunity if enough selfish shitstains abstain from taking the vaccine. We're already seeing the UK variant become the predominant strain in America. More and more variants are possible as long as there is a large enough group of hosts for the virus to spread, replicate, and evolve. We are going to remain in a perpetual state of waiting for the next surge of cases as long as enough people hold out on getting the vaccine. You want masks and travel restrictions to go away? Take the ****ing vaccine.

And people can STFU about this vaccine being rushed. You think the FDA/CDC were the only ones to approve such vaccines? The EU, UK, and countless other government and scientific agencies around the world have approved these vaccines as well. You're talking literally tens of thousands of scientists around the world who have put countless hours into researching the vaccines, their effectiveness, and their safety. Dozens of countries with their own mechanisms for authorizing new treatments have come to the same conclusion, that the vaccines are safe and the benefits far outweigh any risk.

We're already 6 months in with Pfizer and Moderna and the side effects have been negligible. Sure, side effects exist. Side effects also exist for just about every medication you get prescribed by your doctors, some of them fatal. When is the point at which you numbskulls will finally say they have enough data and won't worry about the emergency use authorization? Is it at one year? Is it at two years? When?

The longer you wait the longer you're helping to prolong the pandemic, and the end result will be you having waited for no reason. Absolutely nothing will change from now until the traditional timeline when vaccines are normally approved. Some new symptoms aren't going to magically start popping up a year into people having been vaccinated that didn't appear 6-months in.

Don't be a selfish prick.