ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How do you think this draft class impacts this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338158)

RunKC 05-03-2021 08:54 AM

How do you think this draft class impacts this year?

Was just thinking about a ton of teams saying they won’t show up to voluntary OTA’s and believe some rookies won’t either. That’s definitely going to hurt.

From our class, I think Creed Humphrey is the only player who could be a starter opening day. I’m not completely confident in that considering he needs reps with Patrick but I think there’s a strong possibility there.

Bolton is probably not starting but will play roughly 25% of the snaps early if I had to guess. I think they’ll take the Willie Gay approach around mid season where he played some but not a ton. Unfortunately we’ll have to suffer watching Neimann a bit longer in September and most of October before Bolton starts taking over.

I think we could definitely see Gray and Powell early but on specialty plays starting off. Gray could easily be a FB/TE ace early and Powell on red zone plays and a few others. They’ll get ST’s snaps for sure

Kaindoh is too raw. He’ll get some reps but not many early IMO. Think they want to work on his technique as he develops. He’s a guy to watch later in the year.

Smith is probably going to be the backup this year. He’s definitely beating out Wylie but I keep thinking Andy will start LDT at RG for continuity bc there’s just no way in hell he’s starting potentially 3 players with zero NFL snaps all next to each other in week 1. Would really like to see the kid in as an extra lineman on speciality plays.

This kid is undrafted but I think that BYU kid could really be Dirty Dan’s 2022 replacement and could beat out Watts. He’s athletic as hell and should be money on ST’s.

Anyone disagree? Think one of these guys gets more playing time early?

Couch-Potato 05-03-2021 09:41 AM

I foresee Bolton and Humphrey contributing by year's-end, probably becoming starters by end-of-season, but not starting day 1. I think Gray has the best chance of contributing this year, Reid will get creative with him in the Redzone. Trey is depth currently but could see him developing into a starter for us by yr 2 or 3, he'll eventually get a chance to fill a hole when someone gets injured. Hoping Kaindoh plays behind a guy like Ingram, and learns to be a situational pass-rusher for us in the future. Powell has about as good a chance of any of our WRs not named Hill to contribute, all he has to do is compete for the gig.

BleedingRed 05-03-2021 09:43 AM

Really hoping Gay/Bolton can be the answer at our LB spot. Because I'm tired of seeing our core get their shit pushed in.

saphojunkie 05-03-2021 09:43 AM

I think Creed is a day one starter. Frankly, I won't be surprised if a few of these draft picks actually show up in person. it's smart - you're a rookie and can get a jump on beating out veterans by showing up in person.

In terms of Bolton, I'd wager the goal is to NOT have another Willie Gay situation. I think they targeted this guy because they knew that he was ready to step in day 1 and make a contribution. Having your second round pick unavailable for months was not ideal, and more than one coach mentioned they're game-readiness as a big factor for these picks. You heard it about Bolton, Creed, Smith, and you heard EB telling Powell that he was being brought in to compete right away.

I feel like the Chiefs see it the way I do: Covid is real and dangerous, but once you're vaccinated it's time to ****ing roll out and get back to normal. Get your ass into the facility and start working.

Also, I will not be surprised if one of LDT or Long do not make the team. Your point about continuity doesn't make sense. LDT wasn't here last year and will be playing with four other starters he doesn't know.

PHOG 05-03-2021 09:48 AM

Yeah, I think continuity just flew out the window. Time for them to establish a new continuity with each other.

Hoover 05-03-2021 09:48 AM

The only thing keeping LDT here is his contract.

We can save 2 million if we trade his ass next month, but I don't really see who would trade for him. I also think the Chiefs like him and the story. So he makes the roster, adds great depth, and waits for an opportunity to play.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-03-2021 09:54 AM

I think they will win the Super Bowl.

The Franchise 05-03-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15659647)

We can save 2 million if we trade his ass next month, but I don't really see who would trade for him. I also think the Chiefs like him and the story. So he makes the roster, adds great depth, and waits for an opportunity to play.

He has a no trade clause. He isn’t going anywhere.

R Clark 05-03-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

I can see smith taking LDT playing time, but I agree I think they like the feel good story with the good dr.

Mecca 05-03-2021 09:59 AM

I think it's weird that anyone thinks Humphrey isn't a day one starter. He may get the "earn the spot" treatment but he'll start week 1, they probably do that with Niang also.

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-03-2021 10:09 AM

Blythe was the starting right guard for the Rams in 2018, and played guard early in his time at Iowa. He's an Iowa guy with huge family ties in the Midwest with 2 younger Children and was a Chiefs fan. He signed this skinny deal to get closer to home and he will want to prove his worth. Not sure he will start, but he definitely would be a good C, G backup and as good as LDT.

Dunerdr 05-03-2021 10:11 AM

I actually expect Bolton to play early downs, Humphrey to push to start and think that theres a real chance that Gray could push out the HB we signed to replace sherman.

Hoover 05-03-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15659670)
I think it's weird that anyone thinks Humphrey isn't a day one starter. He may get the "earn the spot" treatment but he'll start week 1, they probably do that with Niang also.

That's what I hope happens, but I think Remmers gets the nod week one. I don't think it will be long until we see Niang.

RunKC 05-03-2021 10:23 AM

The Chiefs REALLY wanted Noah Gray. They wanted him so much that they tried to trade up twice just to get him.

He’s getting on the field a lot IMO. Kelce getting a breather? Gray is on the field. 12 personnel groupings, especially on 1st/2nd and long? Gray is on the field

I think he’s on the field as FB quite a bit too. He’s can routinely make plays like that Sherm TD in Patrick’s first start.

So pumped to see him play

Couch-Potato 05-03-2021 10:30 AM

Feels to me like Spags doesn't like to play LB first year, critical position and difficult to learn I suppose. Wouldn't be surprised if Bolton ends up with a similar playing time to Gay last year. Fully believe and have faith that Gay and Bolton are 2/3 or our future at LB and will be really good for us, hoping we nab a 3rd guy that's a bit of an x-factor in the future...someone who excels in blitzing, FF, and interceptions.

DaneMcCloud 05-03-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15659703)
That's what I hope happens, but I think Remmers gets the nod week one. I don't think it will be long until we see Niang.

Nope.

Either Niang starts Week 1 or he sits until there's an injury. Andy doesn't change his offensive line on a whim or even if a guy is underperforming.

If Niang looks competent, he'll be the starter.

DaneMcCloud 05-03-2021 10:47 AM

As far as biggest impact, it has to be Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith and of course, Orlando Brown, jr.

The Bills just drafted two defensive ends, as did the Ravens. They watched the Super Bowl, too, and saw how constant pressure threw off Mahomes and the team's timing, so they're hoping to replicate that in the playoffs next season.

How the line reacts this season will determine the fate of the Chiefs season because every team will attempt to copy the Bucs defensive game plan.

htismaqe 05-03-2021 11:32 AM

Creed Humphrey will start day 1.

If Trey Smith is fully healthy, he'll definitely be in the 2 deep day 1.

Bolton will get playing time early and will see his playing time increase as the season goes on. I expect to see him starting games by the end of the season and showing that he's ready to be the starting MLB in 2022.

I expect to see spot duty from Gray and Powell to start and if they can develop, they'll see snaps too.

Right now, this draft class is all about Humphrey. If he is what we think he is, he's a top notch starter right away and that's huge from the #63 overall pick.

Hoover 05-03-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15659733)
The Chiefs REALLY wanted Noah Gray. They wanted him so much that they tried to trade up twice just to get him.

He’s getting on the field a lot IMO. Kelce getting a breather? Gray is on the field. 12 personnel groupings, especially on 1st/2nd and long? Gray is on the field

I think he’s on the field as FB quite a bit too. He’s can routinely make plays like that Sherm TD in Patrick’s first start.

I think it has more to do with 12 personnel than anything.

dlphg9 05-03-2021 12:14 PM

I think Creed has like a 90% chance of starting.

cabletech94 05-03-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Not trying to be a dick here, where/how did you see this. I am generally intrigued. Actually, I’m stoked we traded 2 picks and got 2 picks in the deal. Thanks in advance!!

*EDIT*
Sorry, just now read the Vrett Beach presser and saw the quote/post. Amazed they got their guy after waiting 20+picks. OUTSTANDING BEACH!!!!

Wallymo 05-03-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15659638)
In terms of Bolton, I'd wager the goal is to NOT have another Willie Gay situation. I think they targeted this guy because they knew that he was ready to step in day 1 and make a contribution. Having your second round pick unavailable for months was not ideal, and more than one coach mentioned they're game-readiness as a big factor for these picks. You heard it about Bolton, Creed, Smith, and you heard EB telling Powell that he was being brought in to compete right away.

Bolton is a very different player than Gay. I love Gay, and think he will make a much bigger impact this year. His physical traits are ridiculous. But he got lost or washed out at times and didn't always hit what looked to be the correct holes.

Bolton is an instinctive, cerebral player. He's going to pick up the schemes quickly and I think he will see substantially more time than Gay did starting out.

pugsnotdrugs19 05-03-2021 12:37 PM

My favorite sleeper 2021 contributor is Powell.

Hoover 05-03-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15659771)
Nope.

Either Niang starts Week 1 or he sits until there's an injury. Andy doesn't change his offensive line on a whim or even if a guy is underperforming.

If Niang looks competent, he'll be the starter.

We actually agree. It won't be long, was my nice way of saying the first time Remmers has to go to the sideline I don't think Niang will be removed.

I think going into the season, Andy will love the idea that Niang is his swing tackle.

ChiefBlueCFC 05-03-2021 01:11 PM

As many have said, Creed Humphrey probably is the starting center week 1. I don't see Bolton starting immediately since Gay barley saw the field last year. I know they're not the same situations but I'm hoping Bolton will be on the field more than Ben friggin Niemann.

I am also really interested to see Trey Smith as well. Especially how highly he was evaluated. I know there are some medical scaries in his past but hopefully he has moved on from that and he doesn't have an issues going forward.

Honestly, I think our draft is solid. It seemed like we got good value at nearly every pick. I'm just looking forward to the season and the revenge tour

JakeF 05-03-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Considering Gray has a bunch of crap to compete against, I see him playing too.

Kizer, the Dee Ford of Tightends.
Seals
Bell

Direckshun 05-03-2021 01:40 PM

Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread:

My guesses:

Bolton starts at OLB this year and assumes ILB next year. He and Gay are the spine of the D for the rest of their contracts, and still get carved up in the passing game but give us above-average play nonetheless.

Humphrey starts for a good long time and makes the Pro Bowl a couple times.

Kaindoh is a rotational guy and finally starts looking like a football player in 2023. Will eventually leave once that happens.

Gray will be good for 200-400 yards receiving a season. Powell will fiddle around on special teams and be our WR4.

Tre Smith starts at RG in 2022.

Dunerdr 05-03-2021 01:45 PM

I thin comparing gay last year to bolton at this point is fair. Gay was/is super raw but talented, whereas bolton is less of a specimen but a smart and instinctive player. I fully expect to see him playing at least 2x as much as gay did this year if not as a near full time starter.

MahomesMagic 05-03-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15660034)
My favorite sleeper 2021 contributor is Powell.

Yep. Don't be surprised when he is getting more reps than you think.

If we don't do something big like trade for Julio, Powell will get a lot more play.

Hardman ain't going to be running in Sammy's spot.

Kiimo 05-03-2021 02:20 PM

I've been watching Powell film and I think I love him

flinchfree 05-03-2021 02:59 PM

Think we see Noah quite a bit and from early on too.
Chiefs like to wear the **** out of Kelce, and giving him more regular breathers can only give the guy even more juice when a big play is there to be made.

wachashi 05-03-2021 03:13 PM

Creed Humphrey starts.
Nick Bolton starts in the base 4-3 defense.

Outside of those two and special teams reps, I don't see a ton of snaps for the other rookies but would love to be proven wrong.

Chris Meck 05-03-2021 03:16 PM

all first team all-pro's and we win the SB this year.

-King- 05-03-2021 03:30 PM

Creed starts

Bolton doesn't start but Hitchens better not miss any time cause he might not have a starting spots to come back to if he's out too long

ThyKingdomCome15 05-03-2021 03:45 PM

Traditionally Andy Reid and Spags prefer to roll with veteran players, especially to start the season. Development and injuries will be key. Obviously Humphrey has the best shot of playing significant time early and often.

I'm anxious to see Bolton out there. We haven't had a true enforcer up the middle since Derek Johnson. Hopefully that changes sooner than later.

Rausch 05-03-2021 04:26 PM

I think we might get 4 starters (2 this year) out of a draft where we didn't have a first round pick. That's insane...

Rausch 05-03-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15660476)
Creed starts

Bolton doesn't start but Hitchens better not miss any time cause he might not have a starting spots to come back to if he's out too long

Didn't someone already say he might start at WLB?...

RustShack 05-03-2021 04:44 PM

I think Bolton plays like a prototypical MLB, but he’s a little undersized. Which might not be a bad thing with the direction football has gone being more of a passing game now. I think he plays more than Gay did his rookie year. I think Gay has the higher ceiling but Bolton has the higher floor. Bolton may get some snaps at OLB to get experience when we play 3 LB’s, but it won’t be long before he’s the man in the middle and will likely get some weight added.

Obviously Creed will start at C and make the biggest impact. Noah will be a nice addition as another TE option plus the ability to replace Sherman a little in the backfield. Obviously Powell will see the field and it’ll be interesting to see how WR shakes out between him and the rest. Typically it takes over a year for a WR to learn Reid’s offense, but they can design some plays for him.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2021 04:47 PM

Veach said Powell will be a great addition to pair with Tyreek and Mecole. Didn’t even mention Pringle Or Robinson. Powell will definitely be seeing some playing time this year. I say he gets more than 500 yards Recieving and 3 TDs

RustShack 05-03-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15660588)
Veach said Powell will be a great addition to pair with Tyreek and Mecole. Didn’t even mention Pringle Or Robinson. Powell will definitely be seeing some playing time this year. I say he gets more than 500 yards Recieving and 3 TDs

That doesn’t necessarily mean immediately. Wasn’t Veach just hyping up Pringle less than a week ago?

srvy 05-03-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

I think you are right but that asswipe canuck will piss Andy off if he checks into camp as a butterball orderly. He better be getting some work in. If Long has anything left in the tank then I hope he gets a fair shot. Long plays with a mean streak that this o line has been lacking in recent years.

KChiefs1 05-03-2021 09:56 PM

NFLN power rankings after the draft.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8c29bf54b5.jpg

TripleThreat 05-03-2021 10:02 PM

Humphrey Powell and Bolton are all solid picks and will be starters. Rest are all busts. Mark my words

Kiimo 05-03-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15661026)
I think you are right but that asswipe canuck

wtf

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 15661053)
Humphrey Powell and Bolton are all solid picks and will be starters. Rest are all busts. Mark my words

also wtf who brought out the stupid stick

oldman 05-03-2021 11:01 PM

With the RG spot still in the air, I don't see Creed starting game 1 unless there's an injury. By the end of the season, yes. Bolton will see some limited action at the start and his progress will dictate how much more we see. Kaindoh will be a rotational piece as long as everyone else stays healthy. Gray will be the 3rd TE/H-back at the start of the season. His playing time will depend on how much he bulks up and if he can beat out Bell. Smith will be brought along slowly. Barring injury, his time is next year. Powell could be the wild card. A 5th year senior that didn't play much until his last year is suspect, but the guy has talents. The key for him will be how fast he can pick up the playbook.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-04-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15661077)
With the RG spot still in the air, I don't see Creed starting game 1 unless there's an injury. By the end of the season, yes. Bolton will see some limited action at the start and his progress will dictate how much more we see. Kaindoh will be a rotational piece as long as everyone else stays healthy. Gray will be the 3rd TE/H-back at the start of the season. His playing time will depend on how much he bulks up and if he can beat out Bell. Smith will be brought along slowly. Barring injury, his time is next year. Powell could be the wild card. A 5th year senior that didn't play much until his last year is suspect, but the guy has talents. The key for him will be how fast he can pick up the playbook.

Bolton will play. He was the highest ranked linebacker in all of college football over the past two seasons

gonefishin53 05-04-2021 06:23 AM

I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.

Dunerdr 05-04-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 15661160)
I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.

Ive been thinking about Gray a lot. Its likely going to be a unique role. I was trying to come up with what i would define as success for each of these guys year one. And Gray stumps me. Could be the Yelder 5 catches. Could be first year KILLATRAV.

Kiimo 05-04-2021 08:56 AM

The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1

Dunerdr 05-04-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15661264)
The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1

Long starts, ldt backs up, smith backs up, and wylie is traded. Calling it now.

BWillie 05-04-2021 09:47 AM

Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.

KChiefs1 05-04-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15661336)
Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.

I thought he was 35?

kcclone 05-04-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 15661160)

I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallymo (Post 15660028)
Bolton is a very different player than Gay. I love Gay, and think he will make a much bigger impact this year. His physical traits are ridiculous. But he got lost or washed out at times and didn't always hit what looked to be the correct holes.

Bolton is an instinctive, cerebral player. He's going to pick up the schemes quickly and I think he will see substantially more time than Gay did starting out.

This.

Gay was a raw, inexperienced physical specimen.

Bolton is an NFL-ready guy with a high football IQ that makes up for the lack of elite athleticism.

They're the perfect compliment to each other.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 15661343)
I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.

Yep. Totally agree.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15660551)
Didn't someone already say he might start at WLB?...

No. They haven't said anything about where he'll play.

He may play some WLB this year but he's likely your MLBotF.

tyton75 05-04-2021 10:43 AM

If these guys get the regular rookie camps and preseason in St. Joe.. I think we see the following:
Creed starts
Bolton may not start, but he'll rotate in a lot on running downs.
Gray plays about 15% of the offensive snaps
Trey starts next year
Kaindoh is in the rotation a lot, but mostly on "unimportant" downs
Cornell eventually wins the X receiver spot but probably not initially

Kiimo 05-04-2021 10:56 AM

If all that happens it's another A draft for Veach.

I mean I personally believe it is already but just sayin for sure

The Franchise 05-04-2021 11:04 AM

With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?

Mecca 05-04-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661467)
With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?

If anyone does it twice their career is probably toast.

-King- 05-04-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15661264)

Creed starts day 1

Blythe starts at RG.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15661476)
If anyone does it twice their career is probably toast.

He’s a doctor with a Super Bowl ring. If anyone who can do it and not give a shit...it’s him.

oldman 05-04-2021 12:35 PM

Creed starting at C will have a lot to do with who is at RT and RG. We're all looking at Niang to be the RT, but what if he's not ready? That leaves Remmers or Long as the RT. TBH, I'm not counting on Long to be anything more than depth. He's been out 2 years and has an injury history. LDT has been out a year and may never come back. If neither of those guys pan out, then you're stuck with Wylie or Smith as RG. Andy has a half billion dollar QB he's not going to let get smashed by playing 2 rookies next to esach other. Wylie, even as a vet, isn't much help to a rookie. Sure you can slide Blythe over there, but then we're not playing the best 5. I'm sure Creed will be the starter some time this seaon, just not game 1.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15661660)
Creed starting at C will have a lot to do with who is at RT and RG. We're all looking at Niang to be the RT, but what if he's not ready? That leaves Remmers or Long as the RT. TBH, I'm not counting on Long to be anything more than depth. He's been out 2 years and has an injury history. LDT has been out a year and may never come back. If neither of those guys pan out, then you're stuck with Wylie or Smith as RG. Andy has a half billion dollar QB he's not going to let get smashed by playing 2 rookies next to esach other. Wylie, even as a vet, isn't much help to a rookie. Sure you can slide Blythe over there, but then we're not playing the best 5. I'm sure Creed will be the starter some time this seaon, just not game 1.

Remmers was just fine at RT last season.

-King- 05-04-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Blythe was very good at guard before Rams moved him to center

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/7...e-aaron-kromer

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ms/2726250002/

BossChief 05-04-2021 05:35 PM

It is true that Blythe was good at RG a few years ago. Better than he’s been at center.

I’d hope LDT would opt out and his salary would be off the books this year. That would clear 5m in cap space, right?

Mecca 05-04-2021 05:37 PM

Mitch Morse started as a rookie, Humphrey will get the job.

R Clark 05-04-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15662119)

I agree and I think they are going to have a hard time keeping smith off the field or at least I hope . I am sure everyone has watched the video of them interviewing chiefs scouts on smith can’t remember his name but he couldn’t be any higher on him .

synthesis2 05-05-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15659566)
Was just thinking about a ton of teams saying they won’t show up to voluntary OTA’s and believe some rookies won’t either. That’s definitely going to hurt.

From our class, I think Creed Humphrey is the only player who could be a starter opening day. I’m not completely confident in that considering he needs reps with Patrick but I think there’s a strong possibility there.

Bolton is probably not starting but will play roughly 25% of the snaps early if I had to guess. I think they’ll take the Willie Gay approach around mid season where he played some but not a ton. Unfortunately we’ll have to suffer watching Neimann a bit longer in September and most of October before Bolton starts taking over.

I think we could definitely see Gray and Powell early but on specialty plays starting off. Gray could easily be a FB/TE ace early and Powell on red zone plays and a few others. They’ll get ST’s snaps for sure

Kaindoh is too raw. He’ll get some reps but not many early IMO. Think they want to work on his technique as he develops. He’s a guy to watch later in the year.

Smith is probably going to be the backup this year. He’s definitely beating out Wylie but I keep thinking Andy will start LDT at RG for continuity bc there’s just no way in hell he’s starting potentially 3 players with zero NFL snaps all next to each other in week 1. Would really like to see the kid in as an extra lineman on speciality plays.

This kid is undrafted but I think that BYU kid could really be Dirty Dan’s 2022 replacement and could beat out Watts. He’s athletic as hell and should be money on ST’s.

Anyone disagree? Think one of these guys gets more playing time early?

I think they are going to have a much bigger impact than what you are saying...

My take is Bolton will get the vast majority of the snaps (70% plus) this year, he is much more instinctual and "gets it" much faster than Gay does. Bolton will be our most productive linebacker this year.

Creed, is a plug and play center, unless injured he is there for years and a huge upgrade from what we had.

Kaindoh is almost exactly like KPass so he will get work here and there but mainly be a special teams guy, will play more if someone gets hurt, my guess is he plays (15%) of the plays

People forget how often we throw or used to throw to the "other" TE but they have been so bad that Mahomes has abandoned, not now, I think Gray gets 25-40 catches for 400-500 yards this year which is great. He is a instant upgrade at TE2

Powell is the wildcard to me? He could be really solid or a complete bust, I like the pick but he is the only one I have no idea on what will happen. fingers crossed on him.

Smith is probably the second best Guard on our team right now behind Thuney. His question is health, if the dude is healthy then he better be starting by game 5-6 or I'll be pissed, it will give him enough time to get in shape and lean the offense.

So for me everyone but Powell I feel VERY good about and think most will play a huge role on the team this year.

cmh6476 05-05-2021 08:23 AM

super bowl champs instead of runner-ups

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-05-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Blythe is way better than you think, and played guard some when at Iowa. He was a Chiefs fan growing up, and wanted to get closer to home for family. He will be giving it every effort so he may get resigned on a longer term contract. It's going to be a battle, and whoever starts, it will be our best 5.

RunKC 05-05-2021 09:21 AM

From Nate Taylor on the Times Ours Pod:

Bolton-pretty much what we thought. Smart, instinctual, agreed he compares to Hitchens but more athletic. Will gradually get on the field more as season goes on.

Humphrey-pretty much agreed he will be a very strong candidate to start like we all think

Kaindoh-Daley/Spags loved his type but he kept bringing up 2022. I wouldn’t expect much this year bc he needs development

Gray-they finally got a guy who can get open! They kept bringing up Kelce so they are extremely excited about his ability. He fell bc of lack of production last year which was bc...they had a huge downgrade at QB last year. Should get on the field this year but not too much.

Powell-Wonders if he can get on the field early but a lot of known guys with system experience on the team already. Will play ST’s. Nate really wants to see this kid in preseason.
Sounds like he needs a little time to get down the system.

Smith-Probably a backup role this year but no reason why he can’t start in 2022. They loved the value

Rausch 05-05-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15662119)

We're looking at 5 possible starters (not all this year) from this draft.