ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider-Man: No Way Home (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339507)

Tribal Warfare 08-23-2021 08:27 PM

Spider-Man: No Way Home

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rt-2cxAiPJk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stryker 08-23-2021 08:47 PM

Um, IN!

Chiefspants 08-23-2021 08:58 PM

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

ThaVirus 08-23-2021 09:01 PM

They're bringing back Tobey, Garfield, Doc Ock, Gobby lol

The MCU is so ****ing awesome.

Chiefspants 08-23-2021 09:07 PM

Maybe Charlie Cox, too. Jesus, let's go.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2021 09:15 PM

Much better than that crappy cam vid that leaked last night!

Bowser 08-23-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15797269)
They're bringing back Tobey, Garfield, Doc Ock, Gobby lol

The MCU is so ****ing awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15797277)
Maybe Charlie Cox, too. Jesus, let's go.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8362f...a7e1/tenor.gif

CasselGotPeedOn 08-23-2021 09:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ANDREW GARFIELD AND TOBY MAGUIRE LEAKED SPIDERMAN NO WAY HOME SCENE <a href="https://t.co/phyXIZvE0p">pic.twitter.com/phyXIZvE0p</a></p>&mdash; FaZe Sway  (@FaZeSway) <a href="https://twitter.com/FaZeSway/status/1429992207797342208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure-Oz 08-23-2021 09:43 PM

This is going to be dope. Can't wait.

Aries Walker 08-23-2021 11:45 PM

If they really want to bend peoples' minds, they should put in just a glimpse of Mahershala Ali as the Prowler.

They won't, but they *could*.

Nickhead 08-23-2021 11:59 PM

why does every spiderman title have the word 'home' in it?

lawrenceRaider 08-24-2021 05:56 AM

That gave me chills. Holy shit.

-King- 08-24-2021 07:43 AM

People really think this looks good?

Deberg_1990 08-24-2021 08:16 AM

So one thing that bothers me…….

I don’t understand Dr Strange’s motivation for casting the spell if it’s so dangerous???

Barret 08-24-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15797543)

I don’t understand Dr Strange’s motivation for casting the spell if it’s so dangerous???

Yea he seems very flippant and like "I am the Sorcerer Supreme!!! I can do as I wish" type thing. Like he isn't taking magic serious anymore.

Red Dawg 08-24-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15797518)

I don't.

Rams Fan 08-24-2021 08:35 AM

In.

BleedingRed 08-24-2021 08:52 AM

https://c.tenor.com/enZymkqgQIwAAAAM...pulida-fap.gif

BleedingRed 08-24-2021 09:21 AM

Im geeking out pretty hard

lawrenceRaider 08-24-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15797518)

https://media.giphy.com/media/iF730ravzp95u/giphy.gif

ThaVirus 08-24-2021 09:53 AM

I will watch it just because they're bringing back all the other gangs.

Tobey Maguire Spidey, Andrew Garfield Spidey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and I've seen people claim you can see lightning (Electro), sand (Sandman), and the Lizard as well.

But I will admit the premise seems like bullshit. Dr Strange is supposed to be the Sorcerer Supreme lol no way he'd cast this spell that risked tearing apart the multiverse to make some people forget Holland is Spidey.

Sure-Oz 08-24-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Yeah definitely odd behavior on his part. Either that's not strange or he's really being cocky and arrogant thinking he's got this which is what he was before he was Dr Strange.

Sure-Oz 08-24-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15797723)
I will watch it just because they're bringing back all the other gangs.

Tobey Maguire Spidey, Andrew Garfield Spidey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and I've seen people claim you can see lightning (Electro), sand (Sandman), and the Lizard as well.

But I will admit the premise seems like bullshit. Dr Strange is supposed to be the Sorcerer Supreme lol no way he'd cast this spell that risked tearing apart the multiverse to make some people forget Holland is Spidey.

Hopefully theres more to it the that.

Fish 08-24-2021 10:15 AM

They created a multiverse event because Peter was annoying and messed up the spell? What??

BWillie 08-24-2021 10:46 AM

Less Spiderman movies.

More Superman villain movies. I'd watch a movie about Lex Luthor, Zod, and a pre-quel with Jor El on Krypton if you did it right.

Aries Walker 08-24-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15797756)
Hopefully theres more to it the that.

Rhino, for example.

lawrenceRaider 08-24-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15797786)
They created a multiverse event because Peter was annoying and messed up the spell? What??

It's comics. Come on. They've run whole lines of comics on worse premise than that.

Chiefspants 08-24-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing that was a sleight of hand for the trailer. Marvel is known to do this a lot, for example Thanos had lines in the IW trailer explaining his motives that didn't make the final cut of the movie. Watchers of Loki know…

Spoiler!

KCUnited 08-24-2021 04:25 PM

Looks amazing, sounds dumb, I'm excited.

eDave 08-24-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15798479)
Looks amazing, sounds dumb, I'm excited.

That's where I fall. But I'm not into the lore or whatever with comics and only saw the first Spiderman. And I can't get past the first chase level of Spiderman on PS4 and rage quite a long time ago.

wazu 08-24-2021 05:33 PM

For me the version of Spider Man that made it into the Avengers movies was the JarJar Binks of the group. Just constant cringing awfulness every second he was on screen. Cannot imagine wanting to see a movie that actually revolves around his worthless, awful self.

Beef Supreme 08-24-2021 06:05 PM

https://external-content.duckduckgo....gif&f=1&nofb=1

-King- 08-24-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

They're realllly close to ruining a version of spiderman that people like. Tom saying dumb cheesy things non stop with an upward inflection gets kind of tiring. Not to mention the fact that they obviously don't trust him to carry a movie

Sassy Squatch 08-24-2021 07:00 PM

Welp, that trailer more or less confirms the entire synopsis of the film I'd read a while back. At least it's going to be awesome.

cabletech94 08-24-2021 07:01 PM

I came……

Sassy Squatch 08-24-2021 07:09 PM

This is the Sinister Six lineup for the movie.

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 08-24-2021 07:51 PM

Seeing the sixth one on that list makes me very happy.

Bowser 08-24-2021 08:14 PM

Not. Clicking. Spoilers.

Sassy Squatch 08-24-2021 09:50 PM

Appearance of one of the Sinister Six.

Sassy Squatch 08-24-2021 09:54 PM

Another one.

eDave 08-24-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15799042)

I think I heard his laugh at the end

Sassy Squatch 08-24-2021 10:22 PM

Hard to say what this one is without huge spoilers.

RunKC 08-25-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Dr Strange is arguably the smartest super hero in the MCU and has made some stupid mistakes on spells previously but makes an even dumber mistake that is catastrophic?

Yeah not exactly great writing

Chiefspants 08-25-2021 05:31 PM

You all are forgetting the sheer amount of times Marvel has put in misdirections like this in their trailers.

For Infinity War... Thanos: "This does put a smile on my face." That line, given on Titan in the trailers, would have made no sense in the movie since he just killed Gamora and was only in the trailers as a way for the audience to feel intimidated.

For Loki... Mobius (to Loki): "You picked up the tesseract breaking reality, we need your help fixing it." This was a huge misdirection. Reality was literally *fixed* in the first five minutes of Loki and they used the Infinity Stones as paper weights.

When Strange says "we created the multiverse" he could easily be talking about what they did in Endgame. Sure, it's possible it's lazy writing, but you should never ever take Marvel's plotting at face value in their trailers. Hell, they had Hulk in the fight in Wakanda in the IW trailers.

Rams Fan 08-25-2021 06:27 PM

So, basically this is The One More Day plot line.

BigRedChief 08-25-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15798552)
For me the version of Spider Man that made it into the Avengers movies was the JarJar Binks of the group. Just constant cringing awfulness every second he was on screen. Cannot imagine wanting to see a movie that actually revolves around his worthless, awful self.

I liked the Spider-Man in Capt. America the best of the MCU versions.

BleedingRed 08-26-2021 07:52 AM

Dude people complaining about spider-man in the MCU need to have their brains checked

Tribal Warfare 08-27-2021 02:37 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lxvv8RKNBZc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fan made Spider-Man movie mashup music video

Rausch 08-27-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15800700)
Dude people complaining about spider-man in the MCU need to have their brains checked

I think the actor is great but I don't like how he became IM Jr. Spidey should be inventing his own gear and struggling with feeling alone. That sarcasm and wit despite all the depressing shit in his life. He doesn't give up - he doesn't bend on his morality.

It's also about being a kid and having to pretend to be an adult, surrounded by adult heroes, without the experience they all have.

And if they were going to do Venom they should have pulled that off while he was out in space. Golden opportunity missed there...

tredadda 08-27-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15797291)

That .gif, the Jags fan .gif, and the Ron Paul "It's happening" .gif will never get old.

Chiefspants 08-27-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15803181)
I think the actor is great but I don't like how he became IM Jr. Spidey should be inventing his own gear and struggling with feeling alone. That sarcasm and wit despite all the depressing shit in his life. He doesn't give up - he doesn't bend on his morality.

It's also about being a kid and having to pretend to be an adult, surrounded by adult heroes, without the experience they all have.

And if they were going to do Venom they should have pulled that off while he was out in space. Golden opportunity missed there...

Marvel and Sony’s biggest fight right now is about Venom, according to rumors, anyway. The word is that’s why Sony backed out of their agreement with Marvel because they wouldn’t include Venom in Spidey 3. Word is that Marvel was… less than impressed.. with this incarnation of Venom.

Bowser 08-28-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15803206)
Marvel and Sony’s biggest fight right now is about Venom, according to rumors, anyway. The word is that’s why Sony backed out of their agreement with Marvel because they wouldn’t include Venom in Spidey 3. Word is that Marvel was… less than impressed.. with this incarnation of Venom.

Sony just doesn't want to give up what they see as their own personal ATM with a popular Marvel character, even if they are dicking up the product. Marvel comics have generally turned to trash as of late, but what Marvel is doing with the MCU is damned near unparalleled. We're talking Star Wars hype when Star Wars was THE thing in movies.

Sony needs to let Marvel have the remaining rights to whatever characters they have for a nice chunk of cash and future revenues, and let Marvel work their MCU magic on them. It will be amazing when the MCU finally has control over their entire collection of characters.

Simply Red 08-28-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15797561)
I don't.

shocking

sully1983 08-28-2021 09:54 AM

Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

:eek:

Spider-Man has turned the Avengers to dust — on YouTube and Twitter, at least.

Despite leaking online a day early, the teaser trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours, with 355.5 million views. That far surpasses the previous record held by the trailer for “Avengers: Endgame,” which picked up 289 million views when it debuted in December 2018.

According to Sony Pictures, the “No Way Home” trailer also earned the most-ever mentions on social media of any movie preview over the first 24 hours, with 4.5 million mentions worldwide. Domestically, “No Way Home” drew 2.91 million mentions over 24 hours, nearly doubling the 1.94 million mentions over the same period for “Endgame’s” trailer.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rd-1235048973/

Damn! So much for "super hero fatigue" I guess. Movie goers all over the globe are addicted to whatever cookie cutter/ assembly line shit that Kevin Feige is shoveling out these days. The MCU seems to be flat out unstoppable at this point. I for one am burnt out from it after being letdown by Endgame (the time travel elements were silly/stupid/ridiculous imo and took up too much of the run time, Hulk being completely worthless & neutered and Thor being a fat ass for cheap laughs. Just a lame film all around especially when compared to Infinity War ). I haven't even bothered with Disney + and their streaming MCU shows.

Anyways, this Spider Boy movie looks like its going to really pander to the hardcore fans by bringing back all of the old bad guys thru out the years.

Rams Fan 08-28-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15804497)
Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

:eek:

Spider-Man has turned the Avengers to dust — on YouTube and Twitter, at least.

Despite leaking online a day early, the teaser trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours, with 355.5 million views. That far surpasses the previous record held by the trailer for “Avengers: Endgame,” which picked up 289 million views when it debuted in December 2018.

According to Sony Pictures, the “No Way Home” trailer also earned the most-ever mentions on social media of any movie preview over the first 24 hours, with 4.5 million mentions worldwide. Domestically, “No Way Home” drew 2.91 million mentions over 24 hours, nearly doubling the 1.94 million mentions over the same period for “Endgame’s” trailer.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rd-1235048973/

Damn! So much for "super hero fatigue" I guess. Movie goers all over the globe are addicted to whatever cookie cutter/ assembly line shit that Kevin Feige is shoveling out these days. The MCU seems to be flat out unstoppable at this point. I for one am burnt out from it after being letdown by Endgame (the time travel elements were silly/stupid/ridiculous imo and took up too much of the run time, Hulk being completely worthless & neutered and Thor being a fat ass for cheap laughs. Just a lame film all around especially when compared to Infinity War ). I haven't even bothered with Disney + and their streaming MCU shows.

Anyways, this Spider Boy movie looks like its going to really pander to the hardcore fans by bringing back all of the old bad guys thru out the years.

Those are some bold words. Endgame was a perfect way to end the Infinity Saga, even if they had to introduce time travel. That was the only way they could make everything work. I also can't think of another movie that had the responsibility of wrapping up a 22 film story arc that lasted more than a decade.

And you're damn right they're pandering to fans. And I don't give a shit. Spider-Man 2 is the greatest super hero movie of all time and I do not care what anyone says. Alfred Molina being back is nothing but good news. Same with Dafoe.

BigRichard 08-28-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 15804796)
Those are some bold words. Endgame was a perfect way to end the Infinity Saga, even if they had to introduce time travel. That was the only way they could make everything work. I also can't think of another movie that had the responsibility of wrapping up a 22 film story arc that lasted more than a decade.

And you're damn right they're pandering to fans. And I don't give a shit. Spider-Man 2 is the greatest super hero movie of all time and I do not care what anyone says. Alfred Molina being back is nothing but good news. Same with Dafoe.

I do agree with the take on The Hulk... that just pissed me off to no end that they made The Hulk such a worthless character in the movies.

Bowser 08-28-2021 03:01 PM

They had to throttle some of the characters, or else Thanos without the Gauntlet would have been toast. Thor, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk would have ripped apart Thanos and his horde by themselves if they all hadn't been nerfed in some way. The Black Order would have been trouble, but hey, here's literally every other character to deal with them.

Infinity War and Endgame were as close to perfect as they could have given those stories while wrapping up the entirety of the Infinity Saga.

Bowser 08-28-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 15804853)
I do agree with the take on The Hulk... that just pissed me off to no end that they made The Hulk such a worthless character in the movies.

*brace for Rausch impact*

Hulk has a bit of the Superman conundrum going on - he just can't be beat. Thanos had the power stone when he Tyson'd him, so I'll accept that, but other than that it had to be a mental block between Hulk and Banner and then a transition to Professor Hulk (the least of the Hulk personas imo) to keep him from just wrecking the story by himself.

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it. Thor is in this category as well, but maybe somehow they'll give us a glimpse of Rune King Thor at some point. :D

CoMoChief 08-28-2021 03:20 PM

Garfield doesn't really register with me as Spiderman. Meh oh well...guess I should sit down and watch those movies.

It would be funny if they all 3 did that meme cartoon where they're all pointing at each other.

Rams Fan 08-28-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 15804853)

Bowser posted what I was going to say below....

Hulk is basically unbeatable. He, like Superman, are boring characters as they suffer from basically have no real weakness(aside from Kryptonite).

What makes them both interesting is when you show the human/personal aspect of both characters.

The best Hulk movie that's ever been made is Ragnarok. Think about that for a moment. It's because of how Hulk's portrayed and he doesn't have to be the main character.

I have no qualms with his portrayal in Infinity War/Endgame. My biggest critique is Captain Marvel should have had a large role in Endgame or not used at all as she, along with Wanda, Hulk, and Thor, were the only ones who would be strong enough to go head to head with Thanos.

Infinity War/Endgame are just about as close to perfect on an ending to the Infinity Saga as possible. There's really no other movies to compare them to aside from trilogies. As much as I liked the Dark Knight Rises, it had severe plot and timing issues that made it far from perfect. Endgame doesn't have that.

I also just found out Disney+ will have all Sony Spider-Man films on it starting in 2022. Assuming that means Marvel and Sony continue their Spider-Man agreement, I have strong confidence the Spider-Man movies will be done correctly(as long as Sony doesn't meddle and destroy them).

sully1983 08-28-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 15804796)

Very good points and it was a comic book movie after all so you're right and probably know more about the stories better than I do so yeah they were going to have to introduce the time travel stuff eventually. I guess I've just never been a fan of time travel used in really any movie I've ever seen (I guess 12 Monkeys would be the only one I can think of that was impressive to me)
And yeah what Feige has pulled off is extremely impressive connecting over 20 MCU movies featuring so many different characters. That is hard as hell to pull off and I respect him for it. (even though I thought a lot of the MCU movies were subpar, same formula and overrated as hell by the general public but I'm glad they have brought joy & entertainment to the masses overall!) Respect. :thumb:

ThaVirus 08-28-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15804863)

Hulk has a bit of the Superman conundrum going on - he just can't be beat. Thanos had the power stone when he Tyson'd him, so I'll accept that, but other than that it had to be a mental block between Hulk and Banner and then a transition to Professor Hulk (the least of the Hulk personas imo) to keep him from just wrecking the story by himself.

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it. Thor is in this category as well, but maybe somehow they'll give us a glimpse of Rune King Thor at some point. :D

FTR, the MCU stones glow when they're used and the Power Stone didn't glow at all during Thanos' fight with Hulk. He just put a beating on Hulk solo dolo.

unlurking 08-29-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15805019)
Very good points and it was a comic book movie after all so you're right and probably know more about the stories better than I do so yeah they were going to have to introduce the time travel stuff eventually. I guess I've just never been a fan of time travel used in really any movie I've ever seen (I guess 12 Monkeys would be the only one I can think of that was impressive to me)
And yeah what Feige has pulled off is extremely impressive connecting over 20 MCU movies featuring so many different characters. That is hard as hell to pull off and I respect him for it. (even though I thought a lot of the MCU movies were subpar, same formula and overrated as hell by the general public but I'm glad they have brought joy & entertainment to the masses overall!) Respect. :thumb:

I'm on board with time travel being annoying. It's the easiest MacGuffin and widely overused.

Don't let this stop you watching the Disney+ shows. WandaVision has no time travel and appeals to different people in different ways. Started slow for me, while others absolutely loved the sitcom homage. Loki is just brilliant, both intriguing and full of laughs (Thor may not be a "funny" character, the God of Mischief should be causing chuckles).

Tribal Warfare 08-29-2021 01:02 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a>&#39;s placeholder runtime is now listed as 2 hours and 30 minutes, which is notably longer than other fill-in times for upcoming <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MCU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MCU</a> movies! More runtimes &amp; details: <a href="https://t.co/d7cmMl1in4">https://t.co/d7cmMl1in4</a> <a href="https://t.co/gVvvyMWdY7">pic.twitter.com/gVvvyMWdY7</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1432048713686470661?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Valiant 08-29-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15803206)

I am glad others think so as well. Venom the movie was stupid. Hardy did a horrible job.

Valiant 08-29-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15804878)
Garfield doesn't really register with me as Spiderman. Meh oh well...guess I should sit down and watch those movies.

It would be funny if they all 3 did that meme cartoon where they're all pointing at each other.

I would be shocked if they didn't do it.

sully1983 08-29-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 15805625)
I'm on board with time travel being annoying. It's the easiest MacGuffin and widely overused.

Don't let this stop you watching the Disney+ shows. WandaVision has no time travel and appeals to different people in different ways. Started slow for me, while others absolutely loved the sitcom homage. Loki is just brilliant, both intriguing and full of laughs (Thor may not be a "funny" character, the God of Mischief should be causing chuckles).

Yeah I've only heard and read great things regarding WandaVision. The guy that directed that series is set to direct the new Star Trek sequel. I will eventually get around to seeing that series sometime cause Elizabeth Olsen is a talented & beautiful actress (Captain America agrees with me)
https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/ne...n-premiere.jpg

Skyy God 08-29-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15806080)
Yeah I've only heard and read great things regarding WandaVision. The guy that directed that series is set to direct the new Star Trek sequel. I will eventually get around to seeing that series sometime cause Elizabeth Olsen is a talented & beautiful actress (Captain America agrees with me)
https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/ne...n-premiere.jpg

Boobs are undefeated

Aries Walker 08-29-2021 06:36 PM

Vision has no problem resisting the glance, because Vision always remembers that Vision is married to Jennifer Connelly.

Tribal Warfare 08-30-2021 11:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sony?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Sony</a> copyright takedown of a supposedly leaked set photo from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a> has lent further credence to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TobeyMaguire?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TobeyMaguire</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AndrewGarfield?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AndrewGarfield</a>&#39;s appearances in the movie! Details: <a href="https://t.co/4piNH2kP32">https://t.co/4piNH2kP32</a> <a href="https://t.co/gCWCjCzk8n">pic.twitter.com/gCWCjCzk8n</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1432557725066665984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just Passin' By 08-31-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15804854)
They had to throttle some of the characters, or else Thanos without the Gauntlet would have been toast. Thor, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk would have ripped apart Thanos and his horde by themselves if they all hadn't been nerfed in some way. The Black Order would have been trouble, but hey, here's literally every other character to deal with them.

Infinity War and Endgame were as close to perfect as they could have given those stories while wrapping up the entirety of the Infinity Saga.

They've underpowered Thor from the beginning, so it shouldn't be surprising that they continued to do it. And Hulk has always been a problem creature to slot amongst the greats, partly because his powers get varied so much.

Rausch 09-01-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15804863)

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it.

I overall liked his Banner but they shit the bed on Professor Hulk. I could probably post 100 meme-worthy bits/splash pages from that run that Disney's Marvel could have played into.

And Thanos has taken down Hulk solo in the past. It depends which version but Prof-Hulk's strength grew so slowly he could have taken him. Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/cf...505ceacdcb.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e7/68/26/e...5d4ed72558.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/a5...15ece4a94d.jpg

sully1983 09-01-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15811018)
I overall liked his Banner but they shit the bed on Professor Hulk. I could probably post 100 meme-worthy bits/splash pages from that run that Disney's Marvel could have played into.

Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.

]

Edward Norton is definitely an awesome actor but its too bad he's known to be an all around smug prick & difficult to work with. I'm not surprised he wasn't brought back. He's just not worth the hassle and headache. Also, his acting career has pretty much flat lined as of late. He should be thankful that Wes Anderson still casts him in his films in supporting roles because that seems like the only director willing to work with them days. What a waste of talent.

Sure-Oz 09-01-2021 10:13 PM

There's rumors this could get delayed to 2022.

Aries Walker 09-01-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15811018)

And Thanos has taken down Hulk solo in the past. It depends which version but Prof-Hulk's strength grew so slowly he could have taken him. Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.

That's kind of an intrinsic problem with the superhero genre; the power levels of the characters vary wildly as the character is passed to a succession of writers over a half century and counting. I mean, Havok took down the Hulk solo as well and left him for dead in the desert, but I doubt anyone will put him in the top power tier.

The characters are never going to translate directly from the comics to the movies. I usually don't have a problem with it as long as they don't throw away intriguing characters as forgettable fan service (Angel, Emma Frost) or bad jokes (Shatterstar), or let some comics-illiterate movie executive warp them into something unrecognizable and awful (Dr. Doom).

Aries Walker 09-01-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15811381)
There's rumors this could get delayed to 2022.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've heard the same about Venom 2.

Chiefspants 09-01-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 15811383)
The characters are never going to translate directly from the comics to the movies. I usually don't have a problem with it as long as they don't throw away intriguing characters as forgettable fan service (Angel, Emma Frost) or bad jokes (Shatterstar), or let some comics-illiterate movie executive warp them into something unrecognizable and awful (Dr. Doom).

Hell, sometimes the characters don't translate from comics to other comics.

BleedingRed 09-02-2021 09:00 AM

Rune King Thor is something I would ****ing love to see
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...1d1b5ddf27c9ab

Tribal Warfare 09-03-2021 02:02 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very cool fan made poster for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a> <a href="https://t.co/mHoeOG7Z9M">pic.twitter.com/mHoeOG7Z9M</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Katz (@Great_Katzby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Great_Katzby/status/1433451733955588097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare 09-10-2021 07:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a> director Jon Watts is &quot;a genius,&quot; according to actor <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BenedictCumberbatch?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BenedictCumberbatch</a>: &quot;He&#39;s very witty, but incredibly generous and supportive...&quot;<a href="https://t.co/TR7rqEqSjq">https://t.co/TR7rqEqSjq</a> <a href="https://t.co/SD8b6xjZow">pic.twitter.com/SD8b6xjZow</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1436480940767948801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>