ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts the day after (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339853)

TwistedChief 09-20-2021 04:32 AM

Thoughts the day after

Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 04:40 AM

Hopefully CEH takes Shady’s seat on the bench. The fumble throne.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2021 04:41 AM

The defense has improved in the past, yes, but there were a number of circumstances that may not be entirely applicable this year.

For whatever reason, Clark played up from his usual level of complete waste of space to decent for a stretch of games. Not sure that happens again.

The defense in 2019 needing time to develop cohesion is understandable given it was a completely new scheme with a bunch of new key contributors. Absolutely no excuse or reason for optimism except they just sucked so badly it can only go up from here.

There's also not a lot out there to plug in and fix the problem. Pennel and Suggs were arguably the adds that elevated this defense to championship level in 2019, and I'm not seeing a whole lot out there that Veach can pick up. Seeing the performances up to this point I am ****ing baffled and more than a bit pissed we had Ingram in and let him leave without a contract.

As it stands I'm getting 2018 vibes from this defense and that's a horrible feeling to have.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2021 04:52 AM

****ing hell, CEH... I hope this is the start of his redemption arc but I seriously doubt it. Still can't believe that every trait that supposedly made him a worthwhile first round draft pick have just vanished into the ether but here we are.

scho63 09-20-2021 04:54 AM

Maybe we can sign Paul Palmer

TwistedChief 09-20-2021 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15844850)
The defense has improved in the past, yes, but there were a number of circumstances that may not be entirely applicable this year.

As it stands I'm getting 2018 vibes from this defense and that's a horrible feeling to have.

No disagreement there. I'm more making the point that this defense has much better coaching, better leadership, and better talent than the 2018 version. And it's found its way to show up in the past when we've needed it to.

Even in the Browns game, it felt like there were adjustments made that put us in a better spot.

It seemed more out of character that yesterday we seemed to have no more success defensively in the second half than we did in the first. I'm not ready to concede that as the expected norm.

POND_OF_RED 09-20-2021 04:58 AM

Don’t google “Gay toe” in a drunken rage.

InChiefsHeaven 09-20-2021 05:08 AM

CEH had 46 rushing yards...46. Oh, and a game ending fumble.

That's...well, not good. He runs hard, but largely is not a factor 2 games in a row.

But that _efense...what the actual hell? Shades of 2018 indeed. We ain't going anywhere with that kind of production on D. It was nice to get a couple of INT's, but if a team has a half way competent rushing attack, we're not going to have much success on defense. Offensively, we'll score, but as last night proved, it may not always be enough.

Feels like 2018 again. We just needed a ****ing stop at the end and can't do it. Ugh.

JolieMolie 09-20-2021 05:13 AM

Partly, yesterday's game was the Ravens desperate to finally beat the Chiefs. Better here, where adjustments can be made, than in the playoffs. The AFC is going to be very interesting this year.

RealSNR 09-20-2021 05:17 AM

If only we could trade 4 or 5 of CEH's names for an extra yard or two on his per carry average.

Or at this point I'd also take holding onto the damn ****ing ball on a mother****ing handoff and getting tackled at the LOS. Literally if he just pulls a Mike Cloud we ****ing win.

Worthless piece of shit ****face running back

Deberg_1990 09-20-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15844846)
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.

Embarrassed? What for? It’s not like you coached this team.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2021 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15844850)

For whatever reason, Clark played up from his usual level of complete waste of space to decent for a stretch of games. Not sure that happens again.

The defense in 2019 needing time to develop cohesion is understandable given it was a completely new scheme with a bunch of new key contributors. Absolutely no excuse or reason for optimism except they just sucked so badly it can only go up from here.

There's also not a lot out there to plug in and fix the problem. Pennel and Suggs were arguably the adds that elevated this defense to championship level in 2019, and I'm not seeing a whole lot out there that Veach can pick up. Seeing the performances up to this point I am ****ing baffled and more than a bit pissed we had Ingram in and let him leave without a contract.

We didn't really add much last year either. But by the end of the season we got sneaky good on D. For whatever reason spags defense seems to start the season very slowly.

Redbled 09-20-2021 05:40 AM

Great post.

These past two weeks we have played teams as good as any in the AFC. We will face one or both again. We could have lost or won either game. Same story down the road. Our margin for error has rarely been great. It’s not like us to fumble away the game at the end. I kept thinking the couple times we were up 11 with the ball. TD here and it’s over. We had at least two chances to do that. Not running so many times on first down would help. The Ravens got little pressure. Let Pat just dice them up. They could not cover anyone but Hill.

Coogs 09-20-2021 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15844876)
We didn't really add much last year either. But by the end of the season we got sneaky good on D. For whatever reason spags defense seems to start the season very slowly.

I could be wrong here, but when we hired Spags as the DC, I thought I remembered reading where his first season or so at each place he was at his defenses were top 5 units. And they quickly fell to bottom 5 units. If so, we may be following that pattern again.

RealSNR 09-20-2021 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 15844882)
I could be wrong here, but when we hired Spags as the DC, I thought I remembered reading where his first season or so at each place he was at his defenses were top 5 units. And they quickly fell to bottom 5 units. If so, we may be following that pattern again.

Sorry, but that kind of thinking is worthless unless you come up with some reasons why that has happened in the past.

It's not like the players go, "Welp, it's year 3 of the Spags system. Time to play like shit!"

lewdog 09-20-2021 05:47 AM

I’m mad I won’t be owning a Chiefs 17-0 shirt!!!

Coogs 09-20-2021 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15844885)
Sorry, but that kind of thinking is worthless unless you come up with some reasons why that has happened in the past.

It's not like the players go, "Welp, it's year 3 of the Spags system. Time to play like shit!"

It was just a thought that came to mind. I don't have the time to research it out. Thought maybe some of you that do have the time could see if there was any parallel.

JPH83 09-20-2021 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15844876)

This is my hope, that that trend continues. But it looks awful. I think most of us were optimistic that even if the defence is middling Mahomes give us enough. Probably still true, but when it's this poor he's up against it.

I don't know how much is scheme and coaching and how much is just personnel. I don't think Reed is the signing people thought he was. Clark continues to disappoint. Danna looks like a 5th round pick and our secondary isn't even covering that well and looks more like the gamble we might have anticipated.

It would've been hard but getting help at DE seems like a better bet than moving Jones there. I had faith in the remaining DTs but it seems misplaced.

If they can get anywhere near average we're fine, and then that DL needs revisiting.

FlaChief58 09-20-2021 05:53 AM

Not much to say here other than the game wasn't as close as the final score indicates. We could have easily lost in a blowout were it not for HB and Kelce. We were completely outmatched and under prepared. Their backups kicked our asses. Time to lick our wounds and move on.

mr. tegu 09-20-2021 05:53 AM

I think 13 wins is the new ceiling. Without the prospect of going undefeated we will see some uninspired play at times. Last season was sort of the same way but we pulled almost all games out.

They are just going to play it out until the post season which means even more of the bad starts or finishes, probably splitting with each of the Chargers and Raiders and losing one other. The only question is will it be enough for the one seed. Basically I think this regular season will end up being just sort of there without much worth making it memorable.

HemiEd 09-20-2021 05:56 AM

IMO it was a complete team loss, nobody was excluded, except number 87, Kelce is above any blame. He balled his ass off.

Honey Badger had two great picks, then two crucial phantom holding calls. He touched a receiver but Tyreek was getting his jersey ripped off.

Sorenson was total ass in the first half and then came up big towards the end with at least two great plays.

Andy was Andy, and I guess he always will be.

Mahomes was awesome until the desperation lobb that ended his perfection in September streak.

Chris Jones was not much of a factor and being held most of the game. I don't recall a single offensive holding call for either side.

The NFL was the benefactor of a very, very exciting game. I guess that is why they call it ENTERTAINMENT. That being said, hopefully this will have a positive impact on our favorite team going forward.

RealSNR 09-20-2021 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 15844891)
It was just a thought that came to mind. I don't have the time to research it out. Thought maybe some of you that do have the time could see if there was any parallel.

There isn't. I already did the research.

You're welcome.

TwistedChief 09-20-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15844872)
Embarrassed? What for? It’s not like you coached this team.

Because I’m a low self-esteem beta who derives his self-worth from this football team?

Great Expectations 09-20-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15844856)

Even in the Browns game, it felt like there were adjustments made that put us in a better spot.

That adjustment was Cleveland abandoning the run. We haven’t stopped it in two games.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 15844901)
IMO it was a complete team loss, nobody was excluded, except number 87, Kelce is above any blame. He balled his ass off.

Pringle Balled out.

Indian Chief 09-20-2021 06:11 AM

I agree with the overall spirit of your post, however I can and do blame Andy for running the ball there. It isn't based on the outcome either, but rather the motivation behind it. I know why other teams would run there, but Mahomes throwing short, quick passes is just as reliable. And he's accurate to the point that you can still keep the clock moving. There's no reason to run and play for a last second field goal. The entire drive up to that point was Mahomes carving Baltimore up at will.

Dunerdr 09-20-2021 06:15 AM

About 30 minutes after the game i thought to myself.. We will still wake up with Mahomes at the helm and thats a much better feeling than waking up to Lamar at the helm.

Honestly, this team is changing more than just the line in a lot of ways, it will just take time to gel. I'd rather attempt to get better like we did than to "run it back" and put retain jags where we could upgrade. This defensive line was bad but i'd rather attempt to upgrade and get gashed than put Mike Pennels corpse out there again. Or we could have tried to force LDT or remmers to play for "continuity".

HemiEd 09-20-2021 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15844913)
Pringle Balled out.

Yes, yes he did, thank you.

kcclone 09-20-2021 06:16 AM

You can find RB’s off the street to give us what Clyde gives us.

Veach’s track record in the first couple of rounds is spotty so far.

This reminds me of 2018, where our D won’t be able to stop good teams and we’re going to have to win by scoring last.

The lack of pass rush is a huge concern, although I get that playing Lamar isn’t a great game to judge.

The Ravens were due for a win against us. I can live with that, but there are some signs to be concerned about.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 06:20 AM

I’ll never understand why he always takes his foot off the other teams neck. Bill Belacheat never does and Tom little boy kisser has 6 rings with bill to prove it.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 06:21 AM

I’ll never understand why he always takes his foot off the other teams neck. Bill Belacheat never does and Tom little boy kisser has 6 rings with bill to prove it.

petegz28 09-20-2021 06:26 AM

I'm not mad about the last play call. We needed to burn a touch of clock. I am pissed CEH wasn't more aware of the situation and didn't cover the ball with 2 arms.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2021 06:27 AM

I'm not worried about our D. Keep in mind they just have to be good enough to support our offense.

This schedule has kind of been the perfect storm for us. We've never been great stopping the run and we faced two of the best. I get that Baltimore had a lot of guys out but their run offense is still excellent. Couple that with spags being a notorious slow starter, lots of guys still on early season legs, and we could really use Willie gay out there. We will get there eventually. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us go out and look for a DE considering how much interest we showed in the offseason.

Patience, guys. On the bright side maybe adversity is just the thing this team needs right now.

TambaBerry 09-20-2021 06:43 AM

I feel like I see other teams just blowing off the line and causing havoc on the dline. Then we have our guys that kind of just engage the guy who is blocking him and don't really do much but get pushed out of the play. I know our talent on the dline isn't bad. I just don't know why we can't generate pressure at all.

oldman 09-20-2021 06:52 AM

I believe it's time to move Jones back inside against some teams. He completly over ran some plays last night. Jackson did a lot of damage running right up the middle as well.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 06:56 AM

When they are out DE shopping hope the ****ers are browsing RBs too.

RollChiefsRoll 09-20-2021 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15844961)
I believe it's time to move Jones back inside against some teams. He completly over ran some plays last night. Jackson did a lot of damage running right up the middle as well.

Clark overruns the play on basically every down, too. It’s infuriating.

lewdog 09-20-2021 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15844961)

2 games in they destroy all they’ve worked on this offseason?

Yeah ****ing right!

mr. tegu 09-20-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15844935)
I'm not mad about the last play call. We needed to burn a touch of clock. I am pissed CEH wasn't more aware of the situation and didn't cover the ball with 2 arms.

We were not yet in the field position to burn clock for the sake of burning it. They had one timeout and it was about a minute left. You get 10-15 more yards and do whatever you want then to burn clock for the easy field goal.

No one was expecting a fumble but it isn’t hindsight to say keep throwing because plenty of people where saying it prior. That run play was 50/50 at best for a first down before it was even ran because CEH sucks. A pass play was all but a guaranteed first down the way they had no answer for our short passing game and you can still run the clock then.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15844970)
2 games in they destroy all they’ve worked on this offseason?

Yeah ****ing right!

Uh, yeah, because to this point it's ****ing sucked. Why leave him to flounder as an average at best DE when he's a top 5 DT? We can at least get our interior pressure back instead of having virtually none at all.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 07:18 AM

When the Chiefs formed up on the fumble play. Ravens swarmed the LOS. By the formation, down and distance whatever Ravens had 11 or 12 on the LOS. Why didn’t PMII call a audible or a time out? For 1/2 billion is that asking to much?

tmax63 09-20-2021 07:18 AM

LOL at you folks second-guessing the run call. 2 out of 3 things that can happen when you pass is bad. Incomplete and you stop the clock or interception. CEH picked a horrible time to lose his first fumble in the NFL but the play-call was sound. They had over a minute to burn off the clock and with the D like it was KC couldn't leave any time on the clock.

The Franchise 09-20-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15844967)
When they are out DE shopping hope the ****ers are browsing RBs too.

We have one on the practice squad.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15845033)
We have one on the practice squad.

To replace the one on PS when he is brought up on the active roster. CEH asks like nobody is after his job. At least Hunt ran like a dog with turpentine on it’s ass.

GoForIt 09-20-2021 07:25 AM

SB loser hangover is real.

Chiefnj2 09-20-2021 07:26 AM

CEH doesn’t typically fumble. KC put almost all of its resources on the OL this past offseason (to the detriment of the D). It wasn’t asking too much for the line to block and CEH to gain a few yards.

lewdog 09-20-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 15845040)
SB loser hangover is real.

More red for you!!!

Flying High D 09-20-2021 07:29 AM

Hopefully nobody watched this in a movie theater.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15844888)
I’m mad I won’t be owning a Chiefs 17-0 shirt!!!

Look at the bright side, if you can find one they should be really cheap.

Red Dawg 09-20-2021 07:29 AM

It's real simple. This teams ability to stop the run is going to kill Mahomes game. He has overcome shit defense enough but he can't every ****ing year. We are pussies on defense! We have a Ferrari at QB and he's pulling a shitty flatbed trailer while trying to win a race.

That's the difference between Brady's career vs Rogers career. One of them has a defense every ****ing year and the other hasn't most of the time.

TribalElder 09-20-2021 07:30 AM

we should never lose to the Ravens and Lamar Jackson

just should never happen

comochiefsfan 09-20-2021 07:31 AM

Good for you.

I'm still ****ing pissed.

There's only one first round bye. Every game, especially against other conference contenders is hugely important.

To have this game in the bag and watch it slip away because of the same Andy Reid bullshit we've seen countless times over the past few years is infuriating.

If I'm Patrick Mahomes, I'm marching into his office this morning and putting my damn foot down. We're going to keep attacking all four quarters, no matter the score, until there are zeroes on the clock. If we do that, we won't lose again this season. Otherwise, expect 4-5 more of this exact same game as the year goes on.

TLO 09-20-2021 07:32 AM

As much as we like to talk shit on Lamar Jackson, he's a REALLY good player.

He went Michael Vick in Madden 04 on us last night. I'm not trying to make excuses for the defense. They sucked ass the past 2 weeks and must make improvements if this team is going to be a serious SB contender.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 07:34 AM

A 80 year old grandma with a walker and planter warts could go Michael Vick on this D.

comochiefsfan 09-20-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15845062)

He went Michael Vick in Madden 04 on us last night. I'm not trying to make excuses for the defense. They sucked ass the past 2 weeks and must make improvements if this team is going to be a serious SB contender.

And yet the game is STILL well under control if we don't turtle up with the ball at midfield and an 11 point lead.

MahomesMagic 09-20-2021 07:39 AM

In all of our previous recent games against Baltimore we were able to build a big enough lead to force Baltimore out of their game as they chased us.

Last night, credit Baltimore who just kept clawing back in including passes to keep it close.

Next time we're up 11 we need to finish them.

I know the defense was shit but our offense has to deal the death blow earlier if we meet again.

lcarus 09-20-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15845065)
And yet the game is STILL well under control if we don't turtle up with the ball at midfield and an 11 point lead.

Yep. If we go cash in on any of those chances to go up by 3 scores, we win.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

He’s an absolutely absurd athlete. He’s fun to watch. He’s never going to be a great passer, but he makes ‘just enough’ plays.

Bearcat 09-20-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15844846)
And how to cope with it as fans.

When has that ever happened around here? LMAO

TwistedChief 09-20-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15845093)
When has that ever happened around here? LMAO

I've always felt like CP is a bit of a support group during difficult times, no?

"My girlfriend just broke up with me."
"Do you have pics?" "I think your girl just friended me on FB."

"I got in a car accident and have tremendous pain."
"Have you considered drinking antifreeze and dying? Just a thought."

We're family.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 08:03 AM

I would rather get kicked by Hunt then roll CEH out there again.

lcarus 09-20-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15845074)
He’s an absolutely absurd athlete. He’s fun to watch. He’s never going to be a great passer, but he makes ‘just enough’ plays.

One sequence that really screwed us was when we left Andrews uncovered for a 20 yard gain and then the next play left Brown wide open for the long TD. That whole time the defense had no clue what they were supposed to do.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 08:10 AM

^ It would be safe to say the defense was in that mode the whole game.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2021 08:12 AM

We saw some things from Hardman that bode very well long term.

GoForIt 09-20-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15845059)
Good for you.

There's only one first round bye. Every game, especially against other conference contenders is hugely important.

To have this game in the bag and watch it slip away because of the same Andy Reid bullshit we've seen countless times over the past few years is infuriating.

If I'm Patrick Mahomes, I'm marching into his office this morning and putting my damn foot down. We're going to keep attacking all four quarters, no matter the score, until there are zeroes on the clock. If we do that, we won't lose again this season. Otherwise, expect 4-5 more of this exact same game as the year goes on.

I think you make a legit case that Mahomes awful pick allowed the Ravens back in the game late.

ChiTown 09-20-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15845059)
Good for you.

Yeah, this one still stings badly this morning. It's hard to win games in this league. So, when you shoot yourself in the foot with an 11 point lead, as a fan, you are looking for someone to murder. I'm still on the hunt....

stumppy 09-20-2021 08:16 AM

CEH is not and never will be a feature back in the NFL. He's too small and too slow. They need to give McKinnon a chance or at least give a lot more carries to Williams.

The defense looked lost out there. Too many players out of position and the ones where they were supposed to be just didn't show up.

If it weren't for luck we'd be 0-2.

Toad 09-20-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

He certainly made our defense look like they were standing in hard mud…especially Ben Nieman.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15845118)
We saw some things from Hardman that bode very well long term.

You mean like that pass he bobbled but ended up catching.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2021 08:22 AM

In the past games against Lamar we focused on containment and securing the edge. Where was that last night?? Spags???? We need answers.

Bearcat 09-20-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15845097)
I've always felt like CP is a bit of a support group during difficult times, no?

"My girlfriend just broke up with me."
"Do you have pics?" "I think your girl just friended me on FB."

"I got in a car accident and have tremendous pain."
"Have you considered drinking antifreeze and dying? Just a thought."

We're family.

First and foremost, it's a place to vent whenever the Chiefs lose... but, as far as coping well, in close second is overreacting to losses.

They just played two of their toughest 3 or 4 games of the season against two of the best run games in the league, against two teams that CLEARLY wanted to beat the Chiefs in September... and they were a couple of dumb plays away from being 2-0.

My own dumb fan narrative was I thought they would start the season by destroying everything in their path, but of course between the defense both games and play calling last night, it hasn't happened.

Meh? If we get 4 months down the road and nothing has changed and they lose in the same fashion, then yeah, I'll be kind of pissed about it when the games really matter. #RegularSeasonProblems

mr. tegu 09-20-2021 08:26 AM

Thoughts the day after

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15845142)
First and foremost, it's a place to vent whenever the Chiefs lose... but, as far as coping well, in close second is overreacting to losses.

They just played two of their toughest 3 or 4 games of the season against two of the best run games in the league, against two teams that CLEARLY wanted to beat the Chiefs in September... and they were a couple of dumb plays away from being 2-0.

My own dumb fan narrative was I thought they would start the season by destroying everything in their path, but of course between the defense both games and play calling last night, it hasn't happened.

Meh? If we get 4 months down the road and nothing has changed and they lose in the same fashion, then yeah, I'll be kind of pissed about it when the games really matter. #RegularSeasonProblems

This is how we lose games though and I’m fairly certain without the undefeated motivation they will get complacent and lose at least two more just like this where they had no business losing, if not more. The only question will be if it costs them the one seed.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15845109)
One sequence that really screwed us was when we left Andrews uncovered for a 20 yard gain and then the next play left Brown wide open for the long TD. That whole time the defense had no clue what they were supposed to do.

Yes. They were confused all night. Someone was definitely off.

notorious 09-20-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15845159)
Yes. They were confused all night. Someone was definitely off.

It was Lamar’s adjustments at the line of scrimmage that confused us.

ThaVirus 09-20-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15845109)

Letting them convert the 1st and 25 before half was a killer as well. I'm not sure how Ward let Andrews hurdle him to make it out of bounds.

If Ward makes that tackle, they've gotta burn 10 more seconds and probably don't end up having enough time to make it into field goal range, even with Tucker.

EDIT: I may be confusing drives. I know there was a 1st and 25 at one point and we ended up allowing a 20 yard play to Andrews. I think that was a busted coverage on Mathieu that set them up for a 3rd and short.

Then we had the drive before half. They may have been facing a 1st and 15 there. Either way, Ward ended up getting hurdled in order to stop the clock.

Chris Meck 09-20-2021 08:33 AM

I don't know. I honestly don't know.

They're going to have to play a lot better.

There are no excuses.

Coochie liquor 09-20-2021 08:34 AM

Daly and House need to be reprimanded or replaced.

lcarus 09-20-2021 08:35 AM

I felt like the Chiefs let off the gas like they always do. The game meant more to Baltimore. That's how life is gonna be now. Every team is gonna be hellbent on beating us. It used to be us. The team that most likely wasn't gonna win a Super Bowl but **** you, we were gonna beat your team on Sunday Night Football at our place come hell or high water.

Flying High D 09-20-2021 08:36 AM

This shit keeps up Annerix will bring his condescending crap back in here.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2021 08:40 AM

We're gonna be fine. Guarantee you Spags is embarrassed, CEH feels horrible and PMII is silently pissed.

Fire Lit!