ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mayock out as Raiders GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341928)

Stewie 01-17-2022 05:20 PM

Mayock out as Raiders GM

Per Schefter. Not a surprise.

smithandrew051 01-17-2022 05:20 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

Sofa King 01-17-2022 05:20 PM

Damn. Another good move for the Raiders.

staylor26 01-17-2022 05:21 PM

Bring him back to NFLN where he belongs!

staylor26 01-17-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 16083952)
Damn. Another good move for the Raiders.

It’s only a good move if his replacement is.

Red Dawg 01-17-2022 05:22 PM

Lol. Raiders gonna Raid.

RealSNR 01-17-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16083954)
It’s only a good move if his replacement is.

It probably won't be. They're requesting to interview some chump from the Patriots front office.

TLO 01-17-2022 05:26 PM

Are they going to keep Bill Goldberg as their coach?

Bob Dole 01-17-2022 05:31 PM

A television talking head didn't really know what he was doing?

Color me shocked!

KC Hawks 01-17-2022 05:34 PM

Nooooo I'll miss his first round picks.

Rasputin 01-17-2022 05:35 PM

louie aguiar 01-17-2022 05:37 PM

I liked watching mayock on draft day. Hopefully he gets that gig back.

Frazod 01-17-2022 05:45 PM

Hopefully they'll replace him with Kiper. LMAO

Munson 01-17-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16083976)

Yup. I thought he was the best of the draft day analysts.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-17-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16083989)

:LOL:

ChiefsFan123456 01-17-2022 05:49 PM

I guess I am the only one surprised that Mayock is fired since he took the Raiders to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years

Hoover 01-17-2022 05:52 PM

Smart

Frazod 01-17-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 16083992)
Yup. I thought he was the best of the draft day analysts.

He stepped onto the big stage and failed spectacularly in his alleged primary area of expertise. His reputation is in tatters.

But they'll probably hire him back. If morons like Michael Irwin, Booger McFarland, Steve Smith and Skip Bayless (I could go on, but I'm sure everybody gets the point) are on TV, obviously reputation and intelligence aren't deciding factors.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456 (Post 16083996)
I guess I am the only one surprised that Mayock is fired since he took the Raiders to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years

He was Jon Gruden's guy, so I'm not surprised.

I feel like the Clelin Ferrell pick at fourth overall in 2019 and the Damon Arnette selection in 2020 is what sealed his fate.

He actually had some solid mid-to-late picks like Maxx Crosby and Nate Hobbs but Mayock squandered chances to beef up the roster even more by whiffing on first rounders.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 05:55 PM

Clelin Ferrell at fourth overall was one of the biggest head scratchers in NFL Draft history if you ask me. A guy off the street would have taken DE Josh Allen there instead.

Titty Meat 01-17-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16083953)
Bring him back to NFLN where he belongs!

Nah he belongs with the Raiders he was great for us

louie aguiar 01-17-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16084011)
Clelin Ferrell at fourth overall was one of the biggest head scratchers in NFL Draft history if you ask me. A guy off the street would have taken DE Josh Allen there instead.

Finding max crosby kind of made up for that miss though

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-17-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Thing is, they were playing us tough with Gruden. Shit kinda fell apart when he left. Gruden was probably good for 2 more wins. But yeah, me too, I thought Gruden drafted fairly well.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-17-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16083989)

LMAO :thumb:

backinblack 01-17-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

How many of his picks were playing on Saturday? When you figure it out, there’s your answer why he gone.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16084015)
Finding max crosby kind of made up for that miss though

But I don't subscribe to that theory that a later find makes up for it.

The fourth overall pick is a high-percentage roll to land an All-Pro type player and he took a backup caliber, run defender. That can bring down a franchise.

Rain Man 01-17-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16083976)

After Ruggs and Arnette, I'm going to highly discount any comments he makes about character.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 06:03 PM

The joke around Raider fans too is that Mike Mayock only scouted the national championship game tapes. A sizable chunk of his draft picks came from Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson.

Wisconsin_Chief 01-17-2022 06:06 PM

Urric Burry weeps.

GloucesterChief 01-17-2022 06:09 PM

Can't keep busting on 1st and 2nd rounders and expect to keep your job.

Frazod 01-17-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

They had an easy schedule. The only playoff teams they beat were fraudulent Cowboys in OT and the how-the-****-did-they-even-get-here? Steelers, both of whom were dispatched in the first round. They were crushed in the three games they played against the teams advancing to the next round, and also somehow managed to lose to Washington, the Giants and the Bears. And they lucked out in three other overtime wins against non-playoff teams. If the Chiefs had had that schedule they'd have gone at least 14-3, even playing like ass early in the season.

Best thing I can say about them is that they actually made a decent showing against the Bengals on Saturday.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16084031)
They had an easy schedule. The only playoff teams they beat were fraudulent Cowboys in OT and the how-the-****-did-they-even-get-here? Steelers, both of whom were dispatched in the first round. They were crushed in the three games they played against the teams advancing to the next round, and also somehow managed to lose to Washington, the Giants and the Bears. And they lucked out in three other overtime wins against non-playoff teams. If the Chiefs had had that schedule they'd have gone at least 14-3, even playing like ass early in the season.

Best thing I can say about them is that they actually made a decent showing against the Bengals on Saturday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Worst point differential ever for playoff team:<br>2010 Seahawks -97*<br>2011 Broncos -81*<br>2004 Rams -73*<br>2021 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> -65<br>1989 Steelers -61*<br>2021 Steelers -59<br>2017 Bills -57<br>1998 Cardinals -53*<br>1978 Falcons -50*<br>*-won 1st playoff game</p>&mdash; Josh Dubow (@JoshDubowAP) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1482429628266557443?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jdubya 01-17-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 16084028)
Can't keep busting on 1st and 2nd rounders and expect to keep your job.

Feeling among many Raider fans is Gruden had final say on 1st and second round picks and then cut MM loose on the rest. Who knows?

Pepe Silvia 01-17-2022 06:19 PM

Clellin Ferrell over Josh Allen was their first mistake.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16084005)
He was Jon Gruden's guy, so I'm not surprised.

He was Jon Gruden's 'fall guy' IF things didn't work out initially, but what Jon didn't know was that he actually was going to 'fall' first BUT to your point I think Mayock still would have been fired even IF Gruden didn't get exposed because of those horrible 1st rd picks that were wasted.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16084040)

Hindsight is always 20/20 because Allen's first and much of his 2nd yr I wouldn't have given ya nickel for Allen. Still not an Allen fan because he is not evolving as a student of the game and you can tell. His passing has gotten more accurate but....

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 16084050)
Hindsight is always 20/20 because Allen's first and much of his 2nd yr I wouldn't have given ya nickel for Allen. Still not an Allen fan because he is not evolving as a student of the game and you can tell. His passing has gotten more accurate but....

I get you not liking Allen the player, fair enough, but Ferrell was never remotely projected as a top 5 pick. He didn't have the measurables to justify taking him at that spot. There's nothing hindsight 20/20 about knocking that pick.

Titty Meat 01-17-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Supposedly that was Grudens pick Mayock wanted Devin White

MahomesMagic 01-17-2022 06:33 PM

I really liked Arnette coming out.

But I had no idea he was a off-field issue problem.

Ocotillo 01-17-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

He's talking about Jacksonville DE Josh Allen, not the QB.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16084062)
He's talking about Jacksonville DE Josh Allen, not the QB.

Oh:hmmm: My bad but I don't follow college that closely and when I saw the name Josh Allen well then....

Dunerdr 01-17-2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16084061)
I really liked Arnette coming out.

But I had no idea he was a off-field issue problem.

I thought he was the worst cb on his college team and had rashad fenton type measurables.

Kman34 01-17-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 16084045)
He was Jon Gruden's 'fall guy' IF things didn't work out initially, but what Jon didn't know was that he actually was going to 'fall' first BUT to your point I think Mayock still would have been fired even IF Gruden didn't get exposed because of those horrible 1st rd picks that were wasted.

The Owner can’t pick a hairstyle much less a GM.

RealSNR 01-17-2022 10:35 PM

Also, am I the only guy who doesn't like Mayock for draft day stuff? Guy talks like he's got a bunch of dicks in his mouth, especially when he says the word "tackle"

carcosa 01-18-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

*lightning

Nickhead 01-18-2022 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 16083964)
Are they going to keep Bill Goldberg as their coach?

shittiest joke ever :D

jjchieffan 01-18-2022 02:38 AM

I'm sure going to miss seeing those reach picks from Mayock in the first round. From Ferrel in his first draft to Leatherwood in his most recent. Not to mention both of his 2020 first round picks getting cut due to off field issues this season. His draft picks screamed out that he thought that he was outsmarting the entire league, when in reality, he wasn't nearly as smart as he thought he was.

kccrow 01-18-2022 05:23 AM

I disagree on Mayock's performance. Everyone can yuck up his 1st round picks but he's added talent to that team, especially defensively.

Abram is a solid to good SS and Moehrig looks like the making of a stud FS.
Mullen and Hobbs are good CBs, so when they are all on the field together that secondary will be damned tough.

Deablo is coming on as a space linebacker. Crosby is a stud DE.

Leatherwood may not be the solution at RT but I think he'll end up turning into a solid RG and they needed both so it wasn't like it wasn't worth taking a shot on the kid knowing if he failed at one they could move him. He's gotta learn better pass blocking technique, all there is to it, but he's got the requisite skill set and he did improve in small bits over the season.

Let's not act like Ruggs wasn't a good pick, because he was looking like the making of a damned good WR before he ****ed everything up. You can't predict a player doing something so stupid. That's not a scouting issue. Edwards is coming on as a WR there too and Renfrow is a hell of a slot.

Foster Moreau is a solid #2 TE as a late 4th round guy.

Josh Jacobs is a really solid RB and alot better than CEH.

Sure, if he doesnt' miss on Arnette and Ferrell and instead takes Josh Allen and whoever it looks even better but no GM is perfect.

You look at him taking Arnette, look at the next 2 CBs taken. Igbinoghene has sucked just as much and Gladney is indicted on felony assault charges and cut. The same Gladney everyone here wanted KC to draft.

I also think he made some good signings defensively with guys like Ngakoue, Jefferson, and Hankins. Littleton has been okay. Perryman played way better than expected.

My thoughts were if he could address the Oline in the offseason, he'd have turned that franchise around. I guess he doesn't get the chance. I think this is more the mark of a feeble and impatient owner more than a GM that didn't know what he was doing.

It makes me more entertained that they gave up on Mayock than had they not.

Deberg_1990 01-18-2022 07:26 AM

Not his fault but Ruggs probably sealed his fate.

MarkDavis'Haircut 01-18-2022 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16084059)
Supposedly that was Grudens pick Mayock wanted Devin White

No. That is bull crap that was tweeted out by Mayock:s media buds right after he was fired.

htismaqe 01-18-2022 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16084825)
I disagree on Mayock's performance. Everyone can yuck up his 1st round picks but he's added talent to that team, especially defensively.

Mullen and Hobbs are good CBs, so when they are all on the field together that secondary will be damned tough.

Leatherwood may not be the solution at RT but I think he'll end up turning into a solid RG and they needed both so it wasn't like it wasn't worth taking a shot on the kid knowing if he failed at one they could move him. He's gotta learn better pass blocking technique, all there is to it, but he's got the requisite skill set and he did improve in small bits over the season.

Let's not act like Ruggs wasn't a good pick, because he was looking like the making of a damned good WR before he ****ed everything up. You can't predict a player doing something so stupid. That's not a scouting issue. Edwards is coming on as a WR there too and Renfrow is a hell of a slot.

Sure, if he doesnt' miss on Arnette and Ferrell and instead takes Josh Allen and whoever it looks even better but no GM is perfect.

You look at him taking Arnette, look at the next 2 CBs taken. Igbinoghene has sucked just as much and Gladney is indicted on felony assault charges and cut. The same Gladney everyone here wanted KC to draft.

I also think he made some good signings defensively with guys like Ngakoue, Jefferson, and Hankins. Littleton has been okay. Perryman played way better than expected.

My thoughts were if he could address the Oline in the offseason, he'd have turned that franchise around. I guess he doesn't get the chance. I think this is more the mark of a feeble and impatient owner more than a GM that didn't know what he was doing.

While I agree in general, a couple of things:

1. Abram is not solid nor good. He's a liability in coverage and has a history of shoulder injuries - not good for a guy that is a thumper and not much else. Before you go off on me, read what NFL personnel people have to say. He's not thought of highly at all.

2. Leatherwood not only isn't a tackle, he isn't a good guard. He's actually poor. Terrible pick.

Chris Meck 01-18-2022 09:12 AM

I wanted Deablo.

That's all. That's my post.

R8RFAN 01-18-2022 09:15 AM

Abram is ok but not worth a 1st round pick.

JJ is always hurt and I don't believe in taking RB's in the first round also we were 28th in rushing this year. Most any NFL Caliber RB can run well when the O line does their job.

Renfrow is a rock star and will be a pain it the ass for defenders for many years.
Leatherwood has flashes but will take time to develop. Not a worthy first rounder maybe 3rd rounder.

Moehrig is a keeper

People like to say it was Gruden who picked all the early rounds and Mayock picked the later rounds. Well if that was the case Mayock would still have a job. I think it was a good healthy mixture of both.

I see Jim Harbaugh as our next coach and I am not real happy about it to be honest. I think he is too much of a hardass and the Prima Donna NFL players of today will lay down on him.

Regardless for me life goes on, if they win Great, If they don't o well

htismaqe 01-18-2022 09:19 AM

And for all the hoopla about Crosby (great player, no doubt) let's not forget he was a 4th round pick in the same draft that the Raiders took Ferrell 4th overall.

One of the bigger defensive busts in a while.

R8RFAN 01-18-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16084967)
And for all the hoopla about Crosby (great player, no doubt) let's not forget he was a 4th round pick in the same draft that the Raiders took Ferrell 4th overall.

One of the bigger defensive busts in a while.

Well he won't get much playing time when you have Yannick Ngakoue and Crosby , I think that hurt his progress as well. I agree though, 3rd rounder at best

htismaqe 01-18-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16084995)
Well he won't get much playing time when you have Yannick Ngakoue and Crosby , I think that hurt his progress as well. I agree though, 3rd rounder at best

Part of the reason they got Yannick in the first place, though was because Ferrell just wasn't getting it.

Chiefnj2 01-18-2022 09:43 AM

The Raiders are in average QB purgatory. Worst thing that can happen to a team is having a QB good enough to give you 7-9 wins a year, but not good enough to win playoff games. It generally keeps you out of the prime draft slots for a Mahomes, Burrow, etc.

The new Raiders GM will have some difficult choices to make as Carr is in his final year of his contract. He won't want to play one lame duck season with a new GM and HC. Does a new GM pay big bucks and hitch his wagon to Carr? As a Chiefs fan I hope so.

jdubya 01-18-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16084955)
Abram is ok but not worth a 1st round pick.

JJ is always hurt and I don't believe in taking RB's in the first round also we were 28th in rushing this year. Most any NFL Caliber RB can run well when the O line does their job.

Renfrow is a rock star and will be a pain it the ass for defenders for many years.
Leatherwood has flashes but will take time to develop. Not a worthy first rounder maybe 3rd rounder.

Moehrig is a keeper

People like to say it was Gruden who picked all the early rounds and Mayock picked the later rounds. Well if that was the case Mayock would still have a job. I think it was a good healthy mixture of both.

I see Jim Harbaugh as our next coach and I am not real happy about it to be honest. I think he is too much of a hardass and the Prima Donna NFL players of today will lay down on him.

Regardless for me life goes on, if they win Great, If they don't o well

Harbaugh doesn't thrill me but if he brings Fangio with him as his DC I'd be walking on air. His NFL coaching career was short but he has a winning record. Niners were crap before Harbaugh and crap after he left.

bowener 01-18-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 16085008)
The Raiders are in average QB purgatory. Worst thing that can happen to a team is having a QB good enough to give you 7-9 wins a year, but not good enough to win playoff games. It generally keeps you out of the prime draft slots for a Mahomes, Burrow, etc.

The new Raiders GM will have some difficult choices to make as Carr is in his final year of his contract. He won't want to play one lame duck season with a new GM and HC. Does a new GM pay big bucks and hitch his wagon to Carr? As a Chiefs fan I hope so.

I am curious if this makes the job much more attractive to Harbaugh IF he wants total control like BB has with the Pats. I really don't want to see Harbaugh as their coach.

I also hope the next GM keeps Carr to avoid pissing off the fans and players. I don't like that the Raiders may not be nearly as inept as they deserve to be. If they do keep Carr, I don't like that Davante Adams would love to play with Carr... but that will come down to $$$. Hopefully, Adams stays the **** away from the Chargers, but they have a ton of money.

R8RFAN 01-18-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 16085008)

Carr has never had a real defense to help him and now has a line that can't protect him. The Raiders had a decent pass rush but I still think they finished 26th in the NFL. I think this team has many problems to fix but I seriously don't think Carr is the problem here. Is he Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes? No but he is still a good QB. I compare him alot to stafford, Similar size and arm strength but the Rams have a D and WR's . Give Carr what Stafford has and if he fails then yes he is the problem.

wazu 01-18-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16085044)
Carr has never had a real defense to help him and now has a line that can't protect him. The Raiders had a decent pass rush but I still think they finished 26th in the NFL. I think this team has many problems to fix but I seriously don't think Carr is the problem here. Is he Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes? No but he is still a good QB. I compare him alot to stafford, Similar size and arm strength but the Rams have a D and WR's . Give Carr what Stafford has and if he fails then yes he is the problem.

So basically surround him with the most stacked team imaginable on both sides of the ball and give him a brilliant offensive-minded coach and he'll be fine.

R8RFAN 01-18-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16085049)
So basically surround him with the most stacked team imaginable on both sides of the ball and give him a brilliant offensive-minded coach and he'll be fine.

Didn't say that but middle of the pack would be nice at least .

Study the chart below and you tell me.

https://i.imgur.com/7r6VNEd.jpg

R8RFAN 01-18-2022 10:26 AM

26th Rated D
28TH Rated rushing
Carr is not the problem

https://i.imgur.com/IU4UvqS.png

Chiefnj2 01-18-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

As a Chiefs fan, I'd be thrilled if the Raiders re-upped Carr. The Raiders have bigger problems than Carr, but I don't think he's going to carry the team through the playoffs.

wazu 01-18-2022 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16085079)
Didn't say that but middle of the pack would be nice at least .

Study the chart below and you tell me.

https://i.imgur.com/7r6VNEd.jpg

This is a pretty fascinating chart. If what it draws out is true then if we can get past the Bills we're in pretty good shape.

Regarding Carr, I was more kidding. I think he's "fine". If I were the Raiders, I wouldn't want to pass up on a chance at a franchise QB because of him, but yeah if they give him a good supporting cast he can get it done.

Ocotillo 01-18-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16084955)

Harbaugh only ranks fifth all-time in coaches' winning percentage and would be the active leader if he's hired.

You say Harbaugh is a hard ass but he also played 14 years in the NFL and that carries a lot of weight with players, too.

BryanBusby 01-19-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16084825)

He did address the OL and that's why it got shittier. Remember when he traded a pro bowl Center for a sack of dicks?

Abram sucks and Mullen is just ok.

Mayock was a sub 50% hit rate on FA. Trading for 2 big ol busts in Steelers WR's, Trent Brown and Joyner were some awful signings.

Drafting a kid in the 3rd round and trading him months later was ****ing hilarious.

Mayock was pretty damn bad at his job.

Ruggs is, was and forever will be stupid over Lamb and Jefferson.

Let's not even get started at Ferrell #3 overall all.

RealSNR 01-19-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16085094)
26th Rated D
28TH Rated rushing
Carr is not the problem

https://i.imgur.com/IU4UvqS.png

Are you in favor of keeping Biscotti as head coach or whatever his name is?

dlphg9 01-19-2022 12:19 AM

I mean he's not good, but he's been the best GM the Faid have had in awhile. They've had 7 of more wins in his 3 seasons, which hasn't been done by the Faid since 2000-2002 and they had double digit wins for only the 2nd time since 2003. It's laughably pathetic, but he's done more then alot of other shit stains there.

dlphg9 01-19-2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

This sounds alot like what the Alexsexuals said about Alex Smiff.

R8RFAN 01-19-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16086293)
Are you in favor of keeping Biscotti as head coach or whatever his name is?

I personally like him, he is laid back and gets the most out of the players and they like him. I want the O and D COORDS gone though. 26th rated D does not cut it and OLE is way too conservative.

Chiefshrink 01-19-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 16084687)
The Owner can’t pick a hairstyle much less a GM.

Yes, ya gotta wonder about that "bowl cut". I think Gruden talked Davis into hiring Mayock.

tredadda 01-19-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

Josh Allen the defender or Josh Allen the QB?

R8RFAN 01-19-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 16086949)
Yes, ya gotta wonder about that "bowl cut". I think Gruden talked Davis into hiring Mayock.

DUH YA THINK?

htismaqe 01-19-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16087002)
Josh Allen the defender or Josh Allen the QB?

The edge. He went like a half dozen picks later.

The QB went the year before.

Buehler445 01-19-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16086620)
I personally like him, he is laid back and gets the most out of the players and they like him. I want the O and D COORDS gone though. 26th rated D does not cut it and OLE is way too conservative.

Not spiraling out of control and ending up with 2 wins after the Gruden Shit, Ruggs shit, and whatever else shit, is a pretty big feat. Ending up in the playoffs (and beating a division rival in a big game to do it, not just backing in like a bunch of bitchass chiefs teams) is one of the spectacular feats of the century.

I don’t know if the HC deserves all the credit but IMO it is a pretty raw deal they’re shitcanning him.

R8RFAN 01-19-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16087094)
Not spiraling out of control and ending up with 2 wins after the Gruden Shit, Ruggs shit, and whatever else shit, is a pretty big feat. Ending up in the playoffs (and beating a division rival in a big game to do it, not just backing in like a bunch of bitchass chiefs teams) is one of the spectacular feats of the century.

I don’t know if the HC deserves all the credit but IMO it is a pretty raw deal they’re shitcanning him.

Well they got alot of Capital now in that new shiny stadium and all so who knows what those Billionaires and Millionaires have on their mind. Harbaugh may not even leave the college game. Who knows. Coach B got his interview todaybut I think it will be a mistake if they shit can him.

htismaqe 01-19-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 16087214)
Well they got alot of Capital now in that new shiny stadium and all so who knows what those Billionaires and Millionaires have on their mind. Harbaugh may not even leave the college game. Who knows. Coach B got his interview todaybut I think it will be a mistake if they shit can him.

For your sake, I hope they learned a lesson about hiring based on reputation, particularly one from 20 years ago.

Good football coaches are good football coaches and a lot of these hot names are just that - names.

R8RFAN 01-19-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16087219)
For your sake, I hope they learned a lesson about hiring based on reputation, particularly one from 20 years ago.

Good football coaches are good football coaches and a lot of these hot names are just that - names.

Would kinda like a good up and coming young guy if they choose to move on, Tired of retreads in the NFL

Rausch 01-19-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16086298)
This sounds alot like what the Alexsexuals said about Alex Smiff.

In some ways they are similar.

You could win a super bowl with either one of them but you wouldn't win a super bowl because of them...