ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Should the Patteeu Memorial Political Forum be permanently closed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344153)

TLO 06-14-2022 09:17 AM

Should the Patteeu Memorial Political Forum be permanently closed?

A good clean fun thread for a hot June day.

Please vote and discuss.

Titty Meat 06-14-2022 09:18 AM

I'm getting that bitch shut down with the help of a few rouge mods

Donger 06-14-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16332916)

I always suspected that a few of them wear that. NTTAWWT.

threebag 06-14-2022 09:20 AM

Hell No

Poll Fail, should have been public

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:22 AM

You spelled cesspool wrong.

Rain Man 06-14-2022 09:23 AM

Normally I would vote no, but the "Russia Invades Ukraine" thread is mostly posts by Putin.

scho63 06-14-2022 09:27 AM

If that thread is closed, my guess is that the shit all bleeds into the other forums.

Bowser 06-14-2022 09:28 AM

And let it all spill back into the main forum like the good old days when 90% of the front page was politics?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o6Zt7j5rtQUNPiw8g" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/impastortv-tv-land-tvland-impastor-3o6Zt7j5rtQUNPiw8g">via GIPHY</a></p>

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 09:29 AM

go **** yourself tyrants

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16332916)

our mods are certainly gay

Bowser 06-14-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16332943)
our mods are certainly gay

Are you assuming TimBone's sexuality?

RealSNR 06-14-2022 09:32 AM

Let's just make a Texans Planet subforum inside of the DC subforum and put BEP in there.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 09:32 AM

I could see people voting no because they think politics would be allowed here again or would become significantly worse, so that could skew things a bit.

I'm a fan of nuking the shithole and then would feel personally responsible for ensuring the Lounge isn't impacted by political bullshit.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16332942)
go **** yourself tyrants

If I was a competent enough tyrant, I'd probably be able to find people to do that for me.

Bowser 06-14-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16332949)
Let's just make a Texans Planet subforum inside of the DC subforum and put BEP in there.

*Hootie-ing intensifies*

TLO 06-14-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16332950)
I could see people voting no because they think politics would be allowed here again or would become significantly worse, so that could skew things a bit.

I'm a fan of nuking the shithole and then would feel personally responsible for ensuring the Lounge isn't impacted by political bullshit.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5089552" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.78571" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/oscars-standing-ovation-clap-clapping-applause-gif-5089552">Standing Ovation GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/oscars-gifs">Oscars GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

wazu 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

I voted no because the political forum has no impact to my enjoyment of this site unless I choose to wander in there. If people are having fun with it, or not having fun but for some reason compulsively doing it anyway, more power to them.

loochy 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

No.

If you don't like it then don't open threads there

DJ's left nut 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

You guys want BEP on the main forum?

Because that's how you get BEP on the main forum.

crayzkirk 06-14-2022 09:40 AM

I enjoy reading the insanity on the political forum. When it enters the realm of personal attacks and put downs, I find it annoying that people resort to that sort of behavior.

I was having a nice discussion with a friend of mine who happens to believe differently than me; after a rather sizeable amount of whiskey, he claimed that he never watched the mainstream media however every single statement he made was straight out of CNN/MSNBC/etc. When I asked him about his sources and that I didn't agree with his opinion, a string of insults from my origin to where my head currently was followed.

It's not possible to have a civil discussion with people who resort to emotional attacks because they don't have anything else. It's no longer a discussion on opinions, it's a personal attack.

Maybe when a discussion devolves into personal attacks, it can be moved to the romper room? I don't know, I do not respond very often because there's no real discourse and everything become a personal attack.

When did becoming right become more important than treating people with respect?

Social media?

Simply Red 06-14-2022 09:40 AM

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

OUT OF YO SEATS

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Eleazar 06-14-2022 09:41 AM

No, but I think when you go in there the banner at the top should change to a confederate flag

Rain Man 06-14-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

That's the danger. If one takes a peek into that forum, there's a lot of passion in there.

The downside is that it's an embarrassment to the site. It's mostly people posting misinformation, and in many cases knowingly so. It's just ... weird.

I think my other concern is something that I was thinking about the other day. I briefly wandered in there to see if there was anything interesting, and I'm struck be the extreme amount of negativity. Everyone posting in there is convinced that the world is ending, and I think they feed off of each other to an unhealthy degree. To some extent, ye reap what ye sow, and having constant expectations that the world is ending does not help a person succeed. Are we doing people a disservice by giving them a place where they can talk about their negative worldviews and find willing conversation partners? I wish we instead had a place where people could talk about finding solutions to the world's problems and positive innovations that are happening.

Yosef_Malkovitch 06-14-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Nope. I hate seeing politics everywhere I turn. I have my thoughts on who should be elected, etc., but I hate it when those discussions overwhelm everything else. Especially when the discussions are not rooted in a thoughtful and rational discussion on policy issues but are instead ruled by emotions and exaggerations (or even flat-out lies).

Before we had DC this place was getting to the point where it was intolerable with the political talk.

Your thought of policing the Lounge is admirable, but there's no way one person could do it. You'd have to be on here constantly, constantly removing the bullshit political stuff.

It would be like pissing on a bonfire. I don't think you would be able to keep back the tide. Even if you could, you would pretty quickly wear out. Then the trolls would overrun us.

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 09:47 AM

Is there a better place on Chiefsplanet to talk about:

MK Ultra mind control puppets being used by our government to shoot up schools
Pfizer Nano bot injections
George Soros trying to block out the sun
Bill Gates' insect meals for children
Miley Cyrus and Katie Perry eating babies
Donald Trump winning 3 straight presidential terms
Joe Biden's obsession with Pert Plus
Hunter Biden's exotic taste in drugs
Michele Obama's penis
Kidnapped children being sold and shipped in Wayfair furniture
Rape Trees
Jews - the world's greatest threat
Commies, Marxists, Brownshirts, Gestapos, Nazis
Black people we like.....black people we don't like....

etc etc etc

I can't think of a better place. So unless you want "Uvalde was a false flag by the Democrats so they can "tAkE ER gUnZ" next to the world's greatest Mahomes thread, i'd say leave it alone.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 09:48 AM

looks like the libs are getting owned in this poll

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16332979)
Is there a better place on Chiefsplanet to talk about:

MK Ultra mind control puppets being used by our government to shoot up schools
Pfizer Nano bot injections
George Soros trying to block out the sun
Bill Gates' insect meals for children
Miley Cyrus and Katie Perry eating babies
Donald Trump winning 3 straight presidential terms
Joe Biden's obsession with Pert Plus
Hunter Biden's exotic taste in drugs
Michele Obama's penis
Kidnapped children being sold and shipped in Wayfair furniture
Rape Trees
Jews - the world's greatest threat
Commies, Marxists, Brownshirts, Gestapos, Nazis
Black people we like.....black people we don't like....

etc etc etc

I can't think of a better place. So unless you want "Uvalde was a false flag by the Democrats so they can "tAkE ER gUnZ" next to the world's greatest Mahomes thread, i'd say leave it alone.

You missed vote by mail and how it’s horrible.

Donger 06-14-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16332982)
looks like the libs are getting owned in this poll

Politics in the Lounge. Reported.

Donger 06-14-2022 09:50 AM

If DC were closed, we'd miss out on so many gems, like BEP's recent admission.

Titty Meat 06-14-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16332958)
You guys want BEP on the main forum?

Because that's how you get BEP on the main forum.

Nah she'd go to some lew Rockwell fourm or something

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 16332988)

Did she finally admit to being a worthless ****? I wouldn’t want to miss that.

Otter 06-14-2022 09:52 AM

Not being able to exercise the self-control required not to click on a subforum does no subjugate allowance for closure. The mods are pretty draconian when it comes to keeping political threads out of the lounge so you've got that going which leaves you little room to complain.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16332970)
That's the danger. If one takes a peek into that forum, there's a lot of passion in there.

The downside is that it's an embarrassment to the site. It's mostly people posting misinformation, and in many cases knowingly so. It's just ... weird.

I think my other concern is something that I was thinking about the other day. I briefly wandered in there to see if there was anything interesting, and I'm struck be the extreme amount of negativity. Everyone posting in there is convinced that the world is ending, and I think they feed off of each other to an unhealthy degree. To some extent, ye reap what ye sow, and having constant expectations that the world is ending does not help a person succeed. Are we doing people a disservice by giving them a place where they can talk about their negative worldviews and find willing conversation partners? I wish we instead had a place where people could talk about finding solutions to the world's problems and positive innovations that are happening.

I thought for a long time DC was preventing politics in the Lounge, but it's also largely a platform for people to be nasty to each other, which someone does leak to the Lounge. I think flat out having no political discussion would help in the long run.

There have also been mentions of people recruiting friends to post exclusively in DC, a I'd imagine they would all just go away if DC didn't exist.

I've done the same lately, too... I will stop by because I'm curious on a certain topic, maybe something discussed with a friend or something posted on social media.... and if that topic is being "discussed", it's nothing more than firing shots to the other side.

I understand wanting to vent... there's plenty to vent about when it comes to US politics these days. But, a forum where the sole purpose is to bitch and moan about each other seems pretty pointless.

DJJasonp 06-14-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 16332965)
I enjoy reading the insanity on the political forum. When it enters the realm of personal attacks and put downs, I find it annoying that people resort to that sort of behavior.

LOL.......like that doesnt happen in the main forum???

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 09:53 AM

Possibly the most important thing to keep in mind:

The site is partially (or fully, idk) paid for through ad revenue. And DC is probably as active, if not MORE active than any other sub forum, including The Lounge. You'd have to consider how much traffic could potentially be lost, whether that would effect revenue, and whether that revenue is needed or not.

You may not like DC, but i would not be surprised at all if there are days in which D.C is the most active section of the forum.

Donger 06-14-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16332990)
Did she finally admit to being a worthless ****? I wouldn’t want to miss that.

No. Quite the contrary...

RealSNR 06-14-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 16332988)

She's from space?

Eleazar 06-14-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16332970)

Most of the content in there is just Qanon boilerplate. They could simply use the *chan sites or Telegram where they obtain the content.

I agree that it's an embarrassment to the Chiefs and to the Chiefs fan base in a way that this site also houses a sort of qanon microsite.

DJ's left nut 06-14-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16332989)
Nah she'd go to some lew Rockwell fourm or something

Only if told by the world-renowned trial attorney....**** I don't remember his name, but she gave us his resume every time she posted.

Easy 6 06-14-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16332997)

The site is partially (or fully, idk) paid for through ad revenue. And DC is probably as active, if not MORE active than any other sub forum, including The Lounge. You'd have to consider how much traffic could potentially be lost, whether that would effect revenue, and whether that revenue is needed or not.

You may not like DC, but i would not be surprised at all if there are days in which D.C is the most active section of the forum.

No doubt about it

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 16332998)
No. Quite the contrary...

She died from COVID? Please tell me she died from COVID.

alpha_omega 06-14-2022 09:59 AM

Only during gametime.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16333000)
Most of the content in there is just Qanon boilerplate. They could simply use the *chan sites or Telegram where they obtain the content.

I agree that it's an embarrassment to the Chiefs and to the Chiefs fan base in a way that this site also houses a sort of qanon microsite.

There’s a good number of people in there that make me embarrassed to be a fan of the Chiefs.

DJJasonp 06-14-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16333000)

Yeah....let's go the way of Twitter and Facebook.......that will show 'em!

And how would you know what Qanon content is?

While some in DC take it too far, it's not far from people being called a F'n moron for wanting to draft a Running Back in the first round.

There does still remain value in having political discourse.........just the same as sports discourse.

Problem with political discourse........there's not many places left to have those types of conversations.

If it goes away, will I die? Of course not........I just think it's a slippery slope and in the wrong direction of what this place has always been about.

Dont like it, dont go there. pretty simple.

loochy 06-14-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16332997)

It's where I head in the offseason when the Lounge is boring. I can't be the only one.

RealSNR 06-14-2022 10:02 AM

Hank Hill is clearly a stooge of the WEF and Soros. He's been planning this thread for years, behaving as a happy-go-lucky poster who occasionally likes to stir shit all in good fun, all so he can pose this question as a thread and get action going to infiltrate our minds into banning truth. The global elites needed a guy who came off as dispassionate, so they chose him. They already have control of our mods, and now they're starting to brainwash us all with this kind of anti-truth propaganda.

There is no other explanation at all. None. If you believe anything differently, you're already a stupid sheeple and should just kill yourself because you're worthless to society and will only stand in my way as an ubermensch with a cubicle tech job living in a KC suburb.

HayWire 06-14-2022 10:02 AM

An internet forum... I say no

Nuke it....or don't.

I'm thinking Bear is tired.

Ignore the dumassery that is there.

Make it like the romper room. You have to be a member to see it.

Bottom line is this is a website. You all are overthinking this. We get to enjoy a place to bitch and have a conversation.

I hate you.

You hate me.

Meh....
AC makes cash off of visits. If he's ok than I am

Won't bother me anyway.

We're getting close to taco land. Just shut the sight down and call it a day.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 16332974)
Nope. I hate seeing politics everywhere I turn. I have my thoughts on who should be elected, etc., but I hate it when those discussions overwhelm everything else. Especially when the discussions are not rooted in a thoughtful and rational discussion on policy issues but are instead ruled by emotions and exaggerations (or even flat-out lies).

Before we had DC this place was getting to the point where it was intolerable with the political talk.

Your thought of policing the Lounge is admirable, but there's no way one person could do it. You'd have to be on here constantly, constantly removing the bullshit political stuff.

It would be like pissing on a bonfire. I don't think you would be able to keep back the tide. Even if you could, you would pretty quickly wear out. Then the trolls would overrun us.

Yeah, it would be a big unknown (and ftr, it's not like this is going to happen), especially at first.

I do think most of the DC regulars or others who can't keep politics out of the Lounge are finally getting it though... my guess is we wouldn't necessarily have an influx of politics in threads where there's absolutely no reason for politics, but we'd see more borderline threads started in the Lounge (sports/culture crossover) and would have to police those closely and probably close some.

Rain Man 06-14-2022 10:06 AM

Wasn't there a proposal once to limit posting in DC to three posts a day or some such thing? I think that would be a good compromise. If people knew that they had limited ammo, maybe they would actually post something thoughtful as opposed to carpet bombing the board with the same conspiracy stuff all the time. It would also tip the scales toward the people who actually want to have a reasonable discussion.

I'm actually not kidding about the "Russia Invades Ukraine" thread being the worst thread in Chiefsplanet history. I'd like to keep up with that story and discuss it, but that thread is mostly a half-dozen people/bot accounts posting propaganda and ultra-weird conspiracy stuff. If they were only posting once a day in that thread, then I could overlook it and read actual discussions and news.

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16333035)

I'm actually not kidding about the "Russia Invades Ukraine" thread being the worst thread in Chiefsplanet history.

Oh Rainman. That's adorable. You have no idea.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16333014)
Yeah....let's go the way of Twitter and Facebook.......that will show 'em!

And how would you know what Qanon content is?

While some in DC take it too far, it's not far from people being called a F'n moron for wanting to draft a Running Back in the first round.

There does still remain value in having political discourse.........just the same as sports discourse.

Problem with political discourse........there's not many places left to have those types of conversations.

If it goes away, will I die? Of course not........I just think it's a slippery slope and in the wrong direction of what this place has always been about.

Dont like it, dont go there. pretty simple.

Go the way of Twitter and Facebook? It's the same shit as it is here. The only difference being that there aren't a ton of bots here.

Rain Man 06-14-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16333039)
Oh Rainman. That's adorable. You have no idea.

Go in there. I dare you. But put on a hazmat suit first and take pepper spray.

Donger 06-14-2022 10:09 AM

https://y.yarn.co/44d95d36-5e99-437e...84e6d_text.gif

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 10:09 AM

LANDSLIDE!

MCPGA!

BryanBusby 06-14-2022 10:10 AM

And lose all those valuable posts????

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16333045)

You merely visited the DC. I was born in it, molded by it. ” ― Detoxing

louie aguiar 06-14-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16332994)
I thought for a long time DC was preventing politics in the Lounge, but it's also largely a platform for people to be nasty to each other, which someone does leak to the Lounge. I think flat out having no political discussion would help in the long run.

There have also been mentions of people recruiting friends to post exclusively in DC, a I'd imagine they would all just go away if DC didn't exist.

I've done the same lately, too... I will stop by because I'm curious on a certain topic, maybe something discussed with a friend or something posted on social media.... and if that topic is being "discussed", it's nothing more than firing shots to the other side.

I understand wanting to vent... there's plenty to vent about when it comes to US politics these days. But, a forum where the sole purpose is to bitch and moan about each other seems pretty pointless.

You basically just described Twitter

stevieray 06-14-2022 10:12 AM

oh look, another thread where people like to pretend the lounge isn't vile.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16333047)
LANDSLIDE!

MCPGA!

Funny that you don't post any of your bullshit conspiracy theories on Twitter. I wonder why that is.

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16333045)

We should do a poll. Worst CP threads of all time. And by we i mean you.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayWire (Post 16333021)
I'm thinking Bear is tired.

I mean, I know I can't post several times in this thread and then say I don't care, but there's really no movement by me or any of the mods to make it happen.

The other day I mentioned in the Gripe thread how I've browsed DC lately for intelligent discourse of certain topics just to find none, and was poking fun a bit about how some people get slightly offended that it's called a cesspool.

And the Direckshun started whining about wanting DC to be a better place, then predictably backed off when I told him to do something about it.

And then billay trolled DC last night (which was hilarious) and TLO started this poll.

So, if there seems to be some big push to make this happen.... there isn't, and the poll results show that, too.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16333055)
Funny that you don't post any of your bullshit conspiracy theories on Twitter. I wonder why that is.

Because I know my audience?

I don't run a political twitter account.

I stick to sports.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16333060)
Because I know my audience?

I don't run a political twitter account.

I stick to sports.

8800 followers.

Audience.

ROFL

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16333059)
I mean, I know I can't post several times in this thread and then say I don't care, but there's really no movement by me or any of the mods to make it happen.

The other day I mentioned in the Gripe thread how I've browsed DC lately for intelligent discourse of certain topics just to find none, and was poking fun a bit about how some people get slightly offended that it's called a cesspool.

And the Direckshun started whining about wanting DC to be a better place, then predictably backed off when I told him to do something about it.

And then billay trolled DC last night (which was hilarious) and TLO started this poll.

So, if there seems to be some big push to make this happen.... there isn't, and the poll results show that, too.

https://media.patriots.win/post/YugmsM1W6pwX.png

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16333059)

Freakin' Direckshun. It's always his fault.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16333035)
Wasn't there a proposal once to limit posting in DC to three posts a day or some such thing? I think that would be a good compromise. If people knew that they had limited ammo, maybe they would actually post something thoughtful as opposed to carpet bombing the board with the same conspiracy stuff all the time. It would also tip the scales toward the people who actually want to have a reasonable discussion.

I'm actually not kidding about the "Russia Invades Ukraine" thread being the worst thread in Chiefsplanet history. I'd like to keep up with that story and discuss it, but that thread is mostly a half-dozen people/bot accounts posting propaganda and ultra-weird conspiracy stuff. If they were only posting once a day in that thread, then I could overlook it and read actual discussions and news.

I remember someone mentioning a Lounge quota... like you had to post about football things every once in a while and couldn't be 100% cesspooler.

BryanBusby 06-14-2022 10:16 AM

I still think half the posters in there should be given Hillary names and avatars. The other half get Jeb!

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16333064)
Freakin' Direckshun. It's always his fault.

reminds me when lefty moonbats on reddit got r/TheDonald shut down

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16333065)
I remember someone mentioning a Lounge quota... like you had to post about football things every once in a while and couldn't be 100% cesspooler.

You want to MAKE BEP and Taco discuss football?

Naaaaaah bro i'm good off that.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l0HlPuzH58vnrnBHG" width="480" height="450" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/election2016-no-debate-l0HlPuzH58vnrnBHG"

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:17 AM

DC isn't a forum for political discussion. It's a sounding board for the most reeruned opinions on this board. There is no actual discussion that takes place there. I'm not even sure if there was at any point of it's existence.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16333070)

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l0HlPuzH58vnrnBHG" width="480" height="450" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/election2016-no-debate-l0HlPuzH58vnrnBHG"

BEP.
Taco.
JustPassingBy.

All people that don't have a place on this board and shouldn't have accounts. They don't discuss football...nor are they fans of the Chiefs.

All three can get ****ed.

ChiTown 06-14-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16333071)
DC isn't a forum for political discussion. It's a sounding board for the most reeruned opinions on this board. There is no actual discussion that takes place there. I'm not even sure if there was at any point of it's existence.

:clap:

Easy 6 06-14-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16333071)
There is no actual discussion that takes place there.

This is 100% false, dude

Bearcat 06-14-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16333063)

LMAO (and the fact that comes from a site named "patriots")

Yeah, reddit is extreme the other way, but it works well for them... for the most part, people actually act like adults.

The two easiest ways to moderate are heavy handed or not at all.

DJ's left nut 06-14-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16333013)
There’s a good number of people in there that make me embarrassed to be a fan of the Chiefs.

There's a good number of people on the MAIN board that make me embarassed to be a Chiefs fan.

FFS people - don't click on it. You have to take active measures to even find it.

And if y'all are that concerned, make it like the pictures forum where you can't lurk if you aren't logged in. That way no poor souls just out looking for some restaurant advice, thread rigging, jerk-off instructions, and/or birth/death announcements won't have their delicate little eyes soiled.

Unless/until they decide to create an account. In which case, we're all going to call them stupid ****sticks anyway.

This is reeruned.

The Franchise 06-14-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16333076)
This is 100% false, dude

Be honest.

It's either people agreeing with each other for their "thoughts" or "research". Or it's both sides taking shots at each other.

There is no actual ****ing debates going on. No finding common ground.

Rain Man 06-14-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16333058)
We should do a poll. Worst CP threads of all time. And by we i mean you.

I've pondered it, but there are too many dimensions to 'worst'. A bad thread might be one that gets no views, or it might be one that's a really bad opinion, or it might be one that causes a lot of hostility, or it might be one that creates a lot of offensive posts. I think the only thing that's really universal is that the Russia Invades Ukraine thread would win by any measure.

Bearcat 06-14-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16333070)

The theory is they would just go away if they had to spend significant time being relatively civil... but yeah, it would probably be a disaster.

DJ's left nut 06-14-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16333081)
Be honest.

It's either people agreeing with each other for their "thoughts" or "research". Or it's both sides taking shots at each other.

There is no actual ****ing debates going on. No finding common ground.

It's not much worse than the draft forum.

But I'd suggest that there have been some awfully good conversationshad in there - and a few good pile-ons, to be sure - but it's not my fault a couple dudes in there are functionally reeruned.

I try to play nice for the most part. Then again, I typically go weeks/months at a time without going in there because a little does go a long way.

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16333083)
I've pondered it, but there are too many dimensions to 'worst'. A bad thread might be one that gets no views, or it might be one that's a really bad opinion, or it might be one that causes a lot of hostility, or it might be one that creates a lot of offensive posts. I think the only thing that's really universal is that the Russia Invades Ukraine thread would win by any measure.

Maybe you haven't read the pizza gate thread...the Uvalde thread was pretty bad too.