ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Bills overhyped? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345053)

RaidersOftheCellar 09-04-2022 04:07 PM

Are the Bills overhyped?

Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-04-2022 04:09 PM

13 seconds is all it takes to beat them

-King- 09-04-2022 04:12 PM

No they're a top 3 team

TLO 09-04-2022 04:14 PM

They're really damn good.

TLO 09-04-2022 04:15 PM

But not as good as my favorite NFL team, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!

big nasty kcnut 09-04-2022 04:16 PM

they're good but not as good as the chiefs they are top 2 or 3 in the afc

loochy 09-04-2022 04:18 PM

Did you miss our last meeting with them? They're really good.

FlaChief58 09-04-2022 04:24 PM

There top 5 in the league for sure

Direckshun 09-04-2022 04:28 PM

They are probably the best team in the league right now.

Will they be the best team in the league in January? Let’s see.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-04-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16444261)

Sure, I saw Allen make some great plays as usual. I also saw corners falling down and Sorenson/Niemann going full Sorenson/Niemann. Plus a defense that was thoroughly abused.

They lost 6 games against a weak schedule for a reason. They have flaws.

PAChiefsGuy 09-04-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16444272)
Sure, I saw Allen make some great plays as usual. I also saw corners falling down and Sorenson/Niemann going full Sorenson/Niemann. Plus a defense that was thoroughly abused.

Every team has flaws. They are hungry and seem to be getting better every year. I wouldn't underestimate them.

loochy 09-04-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16444272)

Every team has flaws. Some have fewer than others

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 04:33 PM

They’re really good. They have a great roster, Allen is a bad ass, their receivers are legit, and will take a really good defense to shut down all the weapons they have. The best way to beat them seems to be a shootout. I mean, we kinda own them in games that matter most. But we play in Buffalo this season, and it won’t be an easy win.

They’re worthy of the hype they’re getting IMO. Won’t be surprised if they end up with the 1 seed this year honestly. I don’t think any other team could have played us the way they did in the 13 seconds game, and if we don’t have Mahomes/Kelce/Hill we likely lose that game when they score the go ahead score. They’re gonna be a tough team to beat.

rabblerouser 09-04-2022 04:34 PM

I think we may have beat them last time?

srvy 09-04-2022 04:34 PM

They look good on paper so I guess now they have to prove it in the season.

This goes for my favorite team the KC Chiefs also!

DJay23 09-04-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16444278)
But we play in Buffalo this season, and it won’t be an easy win.

Its in Arrowhead again this year.

mr. tegu 09-04-2022 04:39 PM

They are good. Bengals are the team who will vastly underperform expectations this year.

Bearcat 09-04-2022 04:39 PM

They're over-hyped in the sense they LOVE running up the score on shit teams, which the media and casual fans also love.

They of course beat the shit out of the Chiefs in the regular season last season, but besides that? They struggled in a few games they definitely should have won or won more handily (just like the Chiefs), and really only had TB and the Titans to contend with and lost both of those games.

And the year prior they really didn't beat anyone.

They aren't a CLEAR SB favorite until they have a season as impressive as say the 2020 Chiefs. It would be impressive if they started their season at 5-2 or better with a win over the Rams and/or Chiefs, before running up the score in 9 of their last 10 games.... even though they could start 4-3 and win 9 of their last 10 against nobodies and the media will be all over them again.

BlackOp 09-04-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16444278)
They’re worthy of the hype they’re getting IMO. Won’t be surprised if they end up with the 1 seed this year honestly. I don’t think any other team could have played us the way they did in the 13 seconds game, and if we don’t have Mahomes/Kelce/Hill we likely lose that game when they score the go ahead score. They’re gonna be a tough team to beat.

They deserve some praise...but as others have said, they did have a relatively easy schedule last year...and have lost OC Daboll. We'll see how much of impact that has on Allen...as he essentially groomed him from an erratic rookie to a top 3 QB.

On the flip, KC wont have HB, Sorenson and a few other stinking up the defense...their suckage was on full display in that playoff game.

kcclone 09-04-2022 04:48 PM

I’m not scared. We’ll see if they can handle the pressure.

The AFC is loaded, so the Bills aren’t guaranteed of anything.

Like the Chiefs, their schedule is not easy.

KCUnited 09-04-2022 04:52 PM

They won the AFC championship in Placencia Belize

FloridaMan88 09-04-2022 04:55 PM

Buffalo had multiple ugly losses last year when Josh Allen looked like shit… more than Mahomes has had in his entire career.

That’s why they had to play at Arrowhead in the playoffs despite having the head to head tie breaker over KC… because they didn’t take care of their shit for the duration of the season against a weak schedule.

Can they be locked in for an entire season against a tougher schedule this year?

Pitt Gorilla 09-04-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16444261)

Our defensive backs did, which is why most of them are no longer with the Chiefs.

EPodolak 09-04-2022 05:01 PM

Word has it Bills all smell and they refuse to play Alabama.

kccrow 09-04-2022 05:01 PM

Overhyped? Absolutely not. They're a really good football team.

We know what they were last year and they didn't really lose anything important.
Rousseau and Basham are a year into it and they added Von Miller to that pass rush.

Shakir and Cook are going to help an already good offense.

I don't expect rookies to have a tremendous impact on defense but Elam and Benford will help that CB group that was really bad after White. I think Benford is going to be the better player and he's a ball hawk.

They're the real deal, in my opinion.

threebag 09-04-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 16444258)
they're good but not as good as the chiefs they are top 2 or 3 in the afc

This guy always has pretty decent takes, has a good pulse on the team. He also could probably raw dog The Catch. He should be the official starter of all game threads this season. No question he could seal the deal on a Super Bowl.

PHOG 09-04-2022 05:12 PM

No they're really good, and beat us decisively in the regular season, and took us to the edge in the playoffs, with both games in KC. I expect more of the same this year, barring any major injuries to either team.

RINGLEADER 09-04-2022 05:24 PM

The Chiefs Playoff Curse will get them this season. No playoffs (just like the 18 Colts, the 19 Texans, and the 20 Browns teams immediately collapsed after losing to KC in the divisional round).

No playoffs for the Bills in 22 and likely a rebuild next season.

louie aguiar 09-04-2022 05:29 PM

They have the best roster in the NFL. They gave a great front office that drafts well. That doesn’t mean that they will win but barring injury they will be damn good.

Rausch 09-04-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 16444327)
The Chiefs Playoff Curse will get them this season. No playoffs (just like the 18 Colts, the 19 Texans, and the 20 Browns teams immediately collapsed after losing to KC in the divisional round).

No playoffs for the Bills in 22 and likely a rebuild next season.

Isn't their QB due for a new contract soon?...

Danguardace 09-04-2022 05:35 PM

They had one of the easiest schedules in the league last year and at no point were they really in consideration for #1 seed. Something doesn't add up.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 16444284)
Its in Arrowhead again this year.

Oh nice. For some reason I’ve thought we’re going to their house this season.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16444290)
They deserve some praise...but as others have said, they did have a relatively easy schedule last year...and have lost OC Daboll. We'll see how much of impact that has on Allen...as he essentially groomed him from an erratic rookie to a top 3 QB.

On the flip, KC wont have HB, Sorenson and a few other stinking up the defense...their suckage was on full display in that playoff game.

Very true, but they did what I was hoping we’d get to do and move their qb coach Dorsey up to OC. If only EB would have got a job we’d probably have Kafka as OC… which I was hoping for.

Titty Meat 09-04-2022 05:43 PM

Only the Chiefs can be good

Raiderhater 09-04-2022 05:44 PM

While they have some obvious weaknesses, they are a legitimate team.

What I’m curious to see is wether or not their playoff loss to us last year has a psychological impact on them or not. I remember saying at the time that the kind of loss they suffered is the kind of loss that can mentally break a team. They may never be the same. Or they might, the physical talent is still there, we just have to wait and see if the mental talent is there as well.

Halfcan 09-04-2022 05:50 PM

**** the Bills!

Ming the Merciless 09-04-2022 06:00 PM

no, they're not overhyped

scho63 09-04-2022 06:04 PM

They can beat anyone at anytime. They are legit.

We will need to play our best football to beat them.

My biggest excitement for us playing them will be to see how Chris Jones, Karlaftis, Willie Gay, Nick Bolton will contain or sack him.

the steam 09-04-2022 06:31 PM

Buffalo is no threat in the AFC. Zero chance to go to the SB. Just like the Packers/Rodgers never recovered from blowing the big 2nd half lead in the NFC Championship vs Seattle, Seattle/Wilson never recovered from the SB goal line INT, Buffalo as a franchise will never recover from blundering away the game at Arrowhead last year, they are nothing to be concerned about

tredadda 09-04-2022 06:41 PM

Buffalo is easily one of the two or three best teams in the AFC. Are they an unstoppable juggernaut that some have hyped them to be? No. But they are a team that is capable of winning it all and a team KC can’t afford to have an off game against.

tredadda 09-04-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the steam (Post 16444356)
Buffalo is no threat in the AFC. Zero chance to go to the SB. Just like the Packers/Rodgers never recovered from blowing the big 2nd half lead in the NFC Championship vs Seattle, Seattle/Wilson never recovered from the SB goal line INT, Buffalo as a franchise will never recover from blundering away the game at Arrowhead last year, they are nothing to be concerned about

Terrible logic and based off of that terrible logic KC will never recover from their 2nd half collapse against the Bengals.

Iconic 09-04-2022 06:43 PM

i think that last playoff game has plagued many minds with recency bias. is allen good? yep. is he out of this ****ing world good to consistently be shooting it out with mahomes the way he did that game? yet to be seen imo.

that game was more of a 'stars aligning' moment for the bills and they still didn't win. people just forget that this very same bills team couldn't muster a single td versus an urban meyer lead jags team.

Buehler445 09-04-2022 06:45 PM

Looking at their schedule, they should probably be favored in all of them.

I'd listen to a case for:

@LAR I think LA is going to suffer a pretty serious down year, but they won the Bowl, so I'd for sure listen

@KC Obviously this is me being a homer.

GB Rodgers factor.

I probably wouldn't listen, but a guy could make a case for @ MIA. It's 9/25 so it will still be super hot for their bitch new england asses. And Hill can obviously score on their entire defense by himself.

But honestly, I can't find a compelling reason to bet against them. They'll most assuredly dump games, but from a betting perspective, it's probably justified.

the steam 09-04-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16444361)
Terrible logic and based off of that terrible logic KC will never recover from their 2nd half collapse against the Bengals.

OK, make sure you come back to this thread and tell me I was right when the sucky Bills shrink up in another big post season game. Everyone knows it's gonna happen

the steam 09-04-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16444361)

Also the examples I posted it was almost impossible to blow the game...we had a 3 point lead going into the 4th Q. By no means a cinch, not even in the same ballpark as the games blown by Buff, Seattle and GB.

Why Not? 09-04-2022 06:54 PM

Bills are good. Should they be favored in every game already? That seems a bit much. But they are good. Josh Allen will finish second in MVP voting this year.

Bearcat 09-04-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the steam (Post 16444369)
OK, make sure you come back to this thread and tell me I was right when the sucky Bills shrink up in another big post season game. Everyone knows it's gonna happen

That's just terrible logic on top of terrible logic.

I could say the Bills' stadium is built on an ancient burial ground and that's why they'll never win a SB.... and until they win one, I'm "right"... :rolleyes:

Not every team is the Patriots and just continue to win Super Bowls.... and the Bills haven't even made it to one, yet losing a game means they're forever broken? More broken than not ever winning a SB? :shrug:

The only way there MIGHT be truth to it is if they win like 5 games without major injury issues... then you could claim the Chiefs broke them and people wouldn't really argue.

srvy 09-04-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the steam (Post 16444356)

Well I guess the Chiefs need not even try this year after Patrick's second half in the AFC Championship game right?

UChieffyBugger 09-04-2022 07:04 PM

In the regular season they played at least SIX backup QB's and a weak schedule that helped to enhance their defensive rankings. Everytime they played a good offense they got smoked.

The Bills hype is based solely on their playoff performances where they beat up a terrible pats team who had a rookie qb and no above average weapons. And our game against them where we had the lead most of the time and left four points on the table due to missed kicks.

Their schedule is almost as tough as ours imo and I have a feeling the hype will disappear by the time week seven comes around. But the media are desperate for them to win it all so maybe it won't.

Chris Meck 09-04-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16444338)
Very true, but they did what I was hoping we’d get to do and move their qb coach Dorsey up to OC. If only EB would have got a job we’d probably have Kafka as OC… which I was hoping for.

Andy's really the offensive coordinator and always will be.

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-04-2022 07:05 PM

On paper, they have everything a Super Bowl contender needs.

But the reality is, they are also the same team that lost 9-6 to an inept Jacksonville squad.

Like anything in the NFL, can they stay healthy?

Chris Meck 09-04-2022 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16444345)
no, they're not overhyped

They are.

And if you're only casually watching, you would think The Chiefs take a step back I think that might be true early on, but we'll win 9 or 10 straight and finish around 12-5. If that means a wild card, gods help the rest of the AFC in the playoffs.

alanm 09-04-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 16444343)
**** the Bills!

This guy gets it. :thumb:

Buehler445 09-04-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 16444377)
Bills are good. Should they be favored in every game already? That seems a bit much. But they are good. Josh Allen will finish second in MVP voting this year.

In the aggregate, sure. But you've participated in the betting life before - look at their schedule and tell me which game the oddsmakers should stick their neck out on and favor their opponent.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2022 07:28 PM

Yes, because they are so inconsistent. It's incredible how that gets overlooked. They've lost to some bad teams in recent years....plus they tend to run up the score alot which inflates point differential.

Red Dawg 09-04-2022 07:28 PM

Bill's are a very tough team. I think Mahomes is the best for sure but Allen is two. Not overrated.

Titty Meat 09-04-2022 07:32 PM

No

Demonpenz 09-04-2022 07:38 PM

the ride

Wisconsin_Chief 09-04-2022 07:40 PM

Not at all. They have that look the Chiefs had the year we lost to Brady and his refs in Mahomes’ first year as a starter. If it wasn’t for Pat and Kelce being football Gods, they would have easily beaten the Bengals and been in the Super Bowl last year.

They are coming hard, and they want it bad. Chiefs will need to have a pretty incredible year to stay ahead of them, especially with how brutal this division is.

gold_and_red 09-04-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16444387)
In the regular season they played at least SIX backup QB's and a weak schedule that helped to enhance their defensive rankings. Everytime they played a good offense they got smoked.

The hype the Bills hype is based solely on their playoff performances where they beat up a terrible pats team who had a rookie qb and no above average weapons. And our game against them where we had the lead most of the time and left four points on the table due to missed kicks.

Their schedule is almost as tough as ours imo and I have a feeling the hype will disappear by the team week seven comes around. But the media are desperate for them to win it all so maybe it won't.

Correct. Beating a Belichick team (which was not good) like that will elevate a team in the eyes of the media. Mahomes did more against that vaunted #1 D than Allen against KC D that was average at best. The hype is more about wanting them to succeed. How they respond to the pressure remains to be seen.

Kiimo 09-04-2022 07:42 PM

On paper sure. Hell I think James Cook could be the answer at RB.

But also I think the Bills could be the surprise team that underperforms because they lost Daboll. And I know everyone here thinks he sucks but he fixed Allen when Allen was downright bad.

I could see that affecting them and then a thousand "What's Wrong With Buffalo?" thought pieces coming out from people that overhyped them and crowned them Offseason Champs like the Chargers every year.

Chief Roundup 09-04-2022 08:03 PM

Every top 5-10 team is overhyped.

Chieftain 09-04-2022 08:08 PM

Outside of Allen, the Bills don't draft well. Their GM Beane seems like a total moron to me. From their recent drafts: Epenesa, Basham and Moss are busts. Rousseau is nothing to write home about. Elam, a 1st rounder, is seen as a backup at best. The running back Cook they drafted this year barely got any snaps in pre-season. And they went overkill with Von in free agency. Their ageing safeties aren't getting any better.

Allen has yet to prove himself against a top 10 defense. He looks amazing against the breadcrumb defenses of the NFL but against physical agressive top 10 defenses like the Chiefs have assembled this year, he turns into an armadillo.

UChieffyBugger 09-04-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16444412)
In the aggregate, sure. But you've participated in the betting life before - look at their schedule and tell me which game the oddsmakers should stick their neck out on and favor their opponent.

The team who are 3-1 against them In the last two years.

RealSNR 09-04-2022 08:15 PM

Do they have to play Jacksonville? I'm taking the Jags. Buffalo's gonna get its dick kicked out its asshole.

Wilson8 09-04-2022 08:16 PM

No, the Buffalo Bills are not overhyped!

They are the best NFL team of all time.

They do not need to practice.

They have the Super Bowl already won. The NFL has already done the paperwork.

There is really no need to even play the games.

Also, the Bills players are all under paid and something needs to be done about that.

Why Not? 09-04-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

You could go straight to week 1. On the road vs the defending champs. Since they switched to the TNF format, how many home openers have the defending champs lost? Can't be many (any?). Not like the Rams don't return most of their big guns. That game should at least be a pick 'em, IMO.

Edit: We beat the Pats on a TNF opener post championship, right?

REDHOTGTO 09-04-2022 08:17 PM

o they're good, my guess they beat us at arrowhead by 3, then in the afc champ gane we beat them by 7 in their house, just my 2c

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2022 08:17 PM

Yes they are, the media's hyping the current Bills squad as they did with the early to mid-90's team.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-04-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Home teams automatically get 3 points. Which means the oddsmakers are saying Buffalo is several points better than everyone they play, even on the road. That’s pretty ridiculous.

They should be at least slight dogs at LA and KC, and probably Baltimore and Cincinnati.

RealSNR 09-04-2022 08:20 PM

Watch out, guys. Stefon Diggs has photographs of the Chiefs celebrating their playoff victories over the Bills. Before he just had the one, but now he's got two.

Soooooo dangerous!

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16444388)
Andy's really the offensive coordinator and always will be.

No doubt. Wasn’t really what I was saying though. I guess I meant that even though Andy is the OC, I’m sure he also listens to his coordinators. Kafka has been the qb coach and with Mahomes since day 1. So I wanted him to be involved because he should know all of Pats strengths and weaknesses better than most. I think Dorsey has been in that position since they drafted Allen, so while Daboll was pretty good for them, Dorsey (in theory) should be better at drawing up plays and calling them based on his time as Josh’s qb coach.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16444390)
On paper, they have everything a Super Bowl contender needs.

But the reality is, they are also the same team that lost 9-6 to an inept Jacksonville squad.

Like anything in the NFL, can they stay healthy?

Think they got smoked by Indy too. But still, shit happens. Not every qb has ice in his veins 24/7 like Mahomes, and not every coach is Andy Reid. I don’t know how many blowout losses we’ve had in the Andy era, but I’m sure it’s not many. Even considering our time with Alex.

T-post Tom 09-04-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 16444476)
No, the Buffalo Bills are not overhyped!

They are the best NFL team of all time.

They do not need to practice.

They have the Super Bowl already won. The NFL has already done the paperwork.

There is really no need to even play the games.

Also, the Bills players are all under paid and something needs to be done about that.

The Bills are so good they could beat a team of 53 Mike Ditkas.

dallaschiefsfan 09-04-2022 08:47 PM

Stacked rosters fail magnificently for a variety of reasons. For that reason, they're likely overhyped. They aren't even in the same zip code as the '72 Dolphins. And color me unsurprised if our division record ends up being better than theirs. Splitting with NE and MIA is a legit possibility. Jets are their Raiders...so can't imagine a loss there.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 16444502)
The Bills are so good they could beat a team of 53 Mike Ditkas.

Loving the new sig!!!

Coochie liquor 09-04-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 16444508)
Stacked rosters fail magnificently for a variety of reasons. For that reason, they're likely overhyped. They aren't even in the same zip code as the '72 Dolphins. And color me unsurprised if our division record ends up being better than theirs. Splitting with NE and MIA is a legit possibility. Jets are their Raiders...so can't imagine a loss there.

It’s gonna come down to coaching. Rams had a stacked roster last season. Between the league wanting LA to win in their brand new stadium, and McVay being a pretty damn good coach with a roster full of Allstars and egos, they made it work. If McD can coach them up in those situations (which remains to be seen) then they’ll make it over the hump.

dallaschiefsfan 09-04-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16444518)
It’s gonna come down to coaching. Rams had a stacked roster last season. Between the league wanting LA to win in their brand new stadium, and McVay being a pretty damn good coach with a roster full of Allstars and egos, they made it work. If McD can coach them up in those situations (which remains to be seen) then they’ll make it over the hump.

McD might be their weakest link in all this. He's another playoff loss stunner from being curled up in a corner.

crispystl 09-04-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16444295)
They won the AFC championship in Placencia Belize

From Kansas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefsCountry 09-04-2022 09:19 PM

Josh Allen is more overhyped than anything. His great season wasn't even as good as Mahomes last season. Also he isn't the alpha that Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers is. The golf tournament this year proved that.