ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Watching the game on Prime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345195)

Chiefnj2 09-14-2022 04:33 PM

Watching the game on Prime

How does this work? If you get home at 9:00 pm can you watch from the start? Can you dvr the game? Only live streaming?

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-14-2022 04:36 PM

Will let you know Friday.

threebag 09-14-2022 04:37 PM

Probably blacked out in your area. Will be able to watch 90 minutes after the end of the game, just like MLB.

KS Smitty 09-14-2022 04:45 PM

As a Prime Member, you will also be able to record the entire season of TNF and play, pause and rewind with ease.

https://nypost.com/article/how-to-wa...-amazon-prime/

There are no specific instructions on how to do so in the link but it's evidently doable.

BWillie 09-14-2022 04:49 PM

Amazon isn't stupid, like say Ballys sports. You will have all the options available that your little heart desires.

Bearcat 09-14-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463338)
As a Prime Member, you will also be able to record the entire season of TNF and play, pause and rewind with ease.

There are no specific instructions on how to do so in the link but it's evidently doable.

Yep, I went to Prime Video through Amazon.com, or wherever you watch Prime... and there was a Sports section, click on this week's game, and there's a button to record.

I assume you can start from the beginning and wouldn't have to wait until it's over, but if there's one league that would do something so stupid, it's probably the NFL.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-14-2022 05:29 PM

I'd assume it works like YouTube TV or Hulu where you can start immediately and the games are available to stream later and you can pause and rewind live games. That's like the minimum functionality for streaming TV

Chief Pagan 09-14-2022 05:33 PM

I'm still worried about whether you will be able to start from the beginning of a time delayed recording without getting a live spoiler.

Don't trust Amazon on this, yet.

BWillie 09-14-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 16463425)
I'm still worried about whether you will be able to start from the beginning of a time delayed recording without getting a live spoiler.

You should. They are one of the most successful companies on the planet.

penguinz 09-14-2022 05:48 PM

They have simulcast NFL in the past. Not like this is their first time.

MagicalFruit 09-14-2022 05:49 PM

I’m hoping I’ll be able to watch on the app from my phone (I’ll be at cheer and baseball practice). I suspect that I will be able to, but I’ve also hit the record button in case I cant.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-14-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 16463425)

The game should be available at the same time it starts on broadcast TV

penguinz 09-14-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicalFruit (Post 16463458)
I’m hoping I’ll be able to watch on the app from my phone (I’ll be at cheer and baseball practice). I suspect that I will be able to, but I’ve also hit the record button in case I cant.

You will be. I had a notification on my phone this morning about it.

headsnap 09-14-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16463459)

but the whole game will be available, so don't fast forward to the end and spoil it for the rest of us...

Chief Pagan 09-14-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16463459)

Well, I don't usually start my games live. I usually start about 90 minutes delayed on YouTube TV and skip all the commercials. Hence I need to know whether I can start at the beginning without spoilers or not.

I guess this plan is also dependent on Amazon allowing the video to be FF through commercials in a reasonable manner. Trying to skip commercials by dragging a slider bar and not dragging it too far is a pain.

One year, when I went to the Amazon page, TNF was already playing live up in the corner before I did anything at all. But, admittedly, they didn't have a record option that year.

Chief Pagan 09-14-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 16463469)
but the whole game will be available, so don't fast forward to the end and spoil it for the rest of us...

Spoiler!

ptlyon 09-14-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicalFruit (Post 16463458)

Not this shit again!

MagicalFruit 09-14-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 16463481)
Not this shit again!

All day everyday. And 4 times on Sunday!

Hoover 09-14-2022 06:43 PM

I can't wait to watch it. They are going to go all out.

-King- 09-14-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463338)

Didn't know that. I'll watch the game on regular TV but I'm about to set it up to record on prime.

neech 09-14-2022 07:58 PM

Someone told me it will be on one of the local channels if you live in the Kansas City area like CBS for example.

Is that true anyone know?

KS Smitty 09-14-2022 08:06 PM

It's on channel 41 in the KC area. Ever'body else has to Amazon Prime it.

BWillie 09-14-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463647)

Interesting. Cant wait to flip back and forth to hopefully see the huge difference in quality on Amazon Prime.

KS Smitty 09-14-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16463663)
Interesting. Cant wait to flip back and forth to hopefully see the huge difference in quality on Amazon Prime.

I'd be interested in lag time, if any.

Hoover 09-14-2022 08:26 PM

They have 4 feeds

Normal, Spanish, Advanced Stats, and TNF with Dude Perfect

LOL

-King- 09-14-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463672)

There's definitely like a 30 second lag when you stream.

raybec 4 09-14-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16463677)
They have 4 feeds

Normal, Spanish, Advanced Stats, and TNF with Dude Perfect

LOL

WTF is that?

BWillie 09-14-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463672)

Id prefer a min or two lag time if the picture quality is way better.

neech 09-14-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16463682)

Hopefully the local channel will stream it faster so we can ruin the game day thread. Lol

Bump 09-14-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16463682)

ya, often times I refresh the game thread while I'm watching and I'm usually like "well I guess Kelce scored a TD on the next play, awesome"

Dunerdr 09-14-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16463541)
Didn't know that. I'll watch the game on regular TV but I'm about to set it up to record on prime.

Wait is it on local kc tv?

KS Smitty 09-14-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 16463647)

MagicalFruit 09-14-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16463460)
You will be. I had a notification on my phone this morning about it.

That’s awesome, outs my mind at ease…thank you!

Fish 09-14-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16463722)
Wait is it on local kc tv?

Yes. If you are in the KC viewing area with OTA antenna, YoutubeTV, Hulu with Live TV, etc. you will be able to get the broadcast from a local affiliate.

Chief Pagan 09-14-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16463706)
Id prefer a min or two lag time if the picture quality is way better.

On the subject of streaming quality:

I noticed that YouTube TV offers 4K as an add on but I couldn't figure out how many NFL games on YouTube would be 4K. As far as I could figure out, it wouldn't be very many.

An occasional Fox game here and there.

Hoover 09-14-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16463693)
WTF is that?

some dude on youTube kids watch

Fish 09-14-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 16463739)
On the subject of streaming quality:

I noticed that YouTube TV offers 4K as an add on but I couldn't figure out how many NFL games on YouTube would be 4K. As far as I could figure out, it wouldn't be very many.

An occasional Fox game here and there.

I can't say for certain, but most likely the majority of them will be available in 4K if you sign up for the plan. I haven't, but have been considering it. But from all I've read, sports broadcasts are at the very forefront of 4K recording/broadcast.

Chief Pagan 09-14-2022 11:18 PM

https://tvanswerman.com/2022/09/05/w...k-in-week-one/

In past seasons, CBS, NBC, ABC and ESPN have not produced any NFL games in 4K and there’s no indication that’s changing in 2022

After checking in with a handful of industry sources, it appears that Fox will not do any games in 4K during week one. (The same goes for CBS, NBC, ABC/ESPN; still no 4K from them in week one.) I have not been able to determine if that means Fox won’t do any 4K after week one

:hmmm:

Simply Red 09-15-2022 06:36 AM

pretty sure it's on TV here in Atlanta.

ArrowHeader 09-15-2022 07:00 AM

Bezos gotta pay for his rockets somehow I suppose

digger 09-15-2022 07:02 AM

Will likely be streaming in Discord.

listopencil 09-15-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 16463469)

I had a friend who thought that if he watched the East Coast network feeds he could see all of the NFL games hours earlier. He didn't understand time zones.

neech 09-15-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16463962)
I had a friend who thought that if he watched the East Coast network feeds he could see all of the NFL games hours earlier. He didn't understand time zones.

If it worked that way you could makes tons of money in the stock market.

KurtCobain 09-15-2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16463677)
They have 4 feeds

TNF with Dude Perfect

LOL

It's a youtube personality, always trying to pull in Gen Z.

luv 09-15-2022 07:59 AM

A couple of local news channels have posted stories regarding how to watch the game tonight, and the comments are berserk. MNF has been on ESPN for years, and that's not a free channel. For a bit, TNF was on NFL Network, which is also not a free channel. Suddenly, everyone is getting bent out of shape. If you don't have Prime Video, chances are you know someone who does. Just use their login...lol.

A Salt Weapon 09-15-2022 08:04 AM

Or sign up for the free trial. That’s what we did, 30 days free, but turned out the tv is still working on the ex’s prime login so I was good to go anyways.

Hoover 09-15-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 16463985)
It's a youtube personality, always trying to pull in Gen Z.

Its smart. My 8 year old will probably watch it now...

PurpleJesus28 09-15-2022 08:18 AM

Yeah i dont understand why the picture would look better streaming on Amazon vs. watching on local tv.Its not a blu ray movie,both channels/networks use the same HD cameras for the game,do they not ?

Prison Bitch 09-15-2022 09:02 AM

If it’s not on my tv I don’t care. That’s my policy on sports. If I can see it I might care but not if I cannot

TwistedChief 09-15-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464106)
If it’s not on my tv I don’t care. That’s my policy on sports. If I can see it I might care but not if I cannot

ok

ToxSocks 09-15-2022 09:08 AM

Im surprised how many people don't have Prime. I always thought it was common place, like Netflix.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-15-2022 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 16464013)
A couple of local news channels have posted stories regarding how to watch the game tonight, and the comments are berserk. MNF has been on ESPN for years, and that's not a free channel. For a bit, TNF was on NFL Network, which is also not a free channel. Suddenly, everyone is getting bent out of shape. If you don't have Prime Video, chances are you know someone who does. Just use their login...lol.

the complaint I could see is that if you don't have a smart tv or like roku or an xbox or a chromcast or whatever, you might be stuck watching it on a tablet or phone or something. I'm not a huge fan of the prime app on my smart tv but a lot of the streaming apps are just kind of meh.

Prison Bitch 09-15-2022 09:14 AM

They’re expecting 5-7M viewers. Pathetic for a matchup like this. If this doesn’t take off the hit they take from lost ad dollars will put an end to this sad experiment

Bearcat 09-15-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Probably people continuously complaining about it and I don't blame them... most people simply want to watch their team every week without having to worry about their cable/satellite having NFLN one week or having Prime the next week, etc.

I personally pay like $10/month for some of the college conference channels and NHLN and so forth and it's one thing to need those channels for random games, but another when you have all that and STILL need Prime for big/Prime time games that should be easy to access given the billions of dollars that exchange hands for the TV deals. :#

The upside is there's at least NFL+ now (one more thing to buy!) and NFLN does immediately show a replay.

Fish 09-15-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 (Post 16464035)
Yeah i dont understand why the picture would look better streaming on Amazon vs. watching on local tv.Its not a blu ray movie,both channels/networks use the same HD cameras for the game,do they not ?

Best picture would be OTA antenna to be honest. Every digital provider compresses their video. So, even though it's in the same resolution, it's been digitally compressed which results in loss of picture quality.

MagicalFruit 09-15-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464106)

I take it a step further…I refuse to change the channel. if it’s not on the channel already displayed when I turn on the TV, I don’t care to watch.

philfree 09-15-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

We've already paid for those channels and now we have to sign up for Prime if we don't already have it. It's BS! They'll be a lot of free trial signups though.

oldman 09-15-2022 10:04 AM

"Thursday night is where fans will see the biggest change, with Amazon getting exclusive streaming rights to those games. Local markets will still air games over broadcast TV, but other fans will need to be Amazon Prime subscribers (or have a friend willing to lend their login) to watch."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...l-tv-deal-faq/

Tonight's game will be on Ch. 41 in Kansas City. I don't know which station will have it in the LA area.

Hoover 09-15-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464130)
They’re expecting 5-7M viewers. Pathetic for a matchup like this. If this doesn’t take off the hit they take from lost ad dollars will put an end to this sad experiment

I have no doubt this will work, but this is all about getting people to use their streaming service. I mean tons of people are prime members but have never used their streaming service. This is the best way to do it. This isn't going away, its actually going to get bigger and bigger.

RedRaider56 09-15-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16464196)
Best picture would be OTA antenna to be honest. Every digital provider compresses their video. So, even though it's in the same resolution, it's been digitally compressed which results in loss of picture quality.

are set top boxes for DirectTV, , cable etc, supporting 4K yet? Most cable providers typically supply their video in 1080p or 1080i format.

Where as with Amazon you would get a direct 4K stream, if being videoed in 4K, and you have a TV/Monitor that supports 4K.

philfree 09-15-2022 11:07 AM

My smart TV has prime video on it and the wife has a Amazon Prime account but it's not clear and easy to sign in. They've already ruined my game day experience. It's got damn bull hockey!

ptlyon 09-15-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16464253)
I have no doubt this will work, but this is all about getting people to use their streaming service. I mean tons of people are prime members but have never used their streaming service. This is the best way to do it. This isn't going away, its actually going to get bigger and bigger.

Ya, well, that's nice and all, but **** them

Prison Bitch 09-15-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16464253)

It prob will work, since the people who run these companies know vastly more about their industry than I do. It’s still annoying tho

Monty 09-15-2022 11:15 AM

We were traveling for the Packers/Chiefs preseason game and just watched it online here: https://www.kshb.com/live

penguinz 09-15-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464394)
My smart TV has prime video on it and the wife has a Amazon Prime account but it's not clear and easy to sign in. They've already ruined my game day experience. It's got damn bull hockey!

You click sign in then follow the instructions. It is really simple.

displacedinMN 09-15-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 16464248)
"Thursday night is where fans will see the biggest change, with Amazon getting exclusive streaming rights to those games. Local markets will still air games over broadcast TV, but other fans will need to be Amazon Prime subscribers (or have a friend willing to lend their login) to watch."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...l-tv-deal-faq/

Tonight's game will be on Ch. 41 in Kansas City. I don't know which station will have it in the LA area.

It wont be on in LA because there are no charger fans in LA:D

philfree 09-15-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464394)

It doesn't give you a login page. You can sign up for a free trial or it takes you to a page with a code or QR code to login on a device. :banghead:

penguinz 09-15-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 16464420)
We were traveling for the Packers/Chiefs preseason game and just watched it online here: https://www.kshb.com/live

Wont work for regular season games. The streaming rights for real games are different than for pre-season.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-15-2022 11:25 AM

You don't even need an Amazon account to stream this, cause Amazon themselves is streaming the game on Twitch (no need for a Twitch account either) https://www.twitch.tv/primevideo.

thabear04 09-15-2022 11:26 AM

It’s coming on NFL network but later when the game is done.

philfree 09-15-2022 11:42 AM

Still can't figure out how to login on my smart TV. :cuss: There's just not a clear path to do it.

KCUnited 09-15-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464429)
It doesn't give you a login page. You can sign up for a free trial or it takes you to a page with a code or QR code to login on a device. :banghead:

Are you not able to log into it from your phone or computer?

PrimeVideo.com/mytv

Then type in the code thats displaying on your tv

penguinz 09-15-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464480)
Still can't figure out how to login on my smart TV. :cuss: There's just not a clear path to do it.

When in app there are icons on left side of screen.... Find, Home, etc... At the bottom is Setting. Click here then scroll down to Sign in.

You will then have option to go to URL on your phone or computer or you can scan a QR code that will basically do the same thing.

FloridaMan88 09-15-2022 11:48 AM

I just got a new TV and thankfully there is a pre-set Amazon Prime Video button on the remote to make it easy… otherwise I’d have no clue how to access this shit.

philfree 09-15-2022 12:00 PM

I'm trying to sign in on my big not so smart TV not a phone, laptop or tablet. All it does is take me to the fuking code page.

KCUnited 09-15-2022 12:03 PM

You have to login from a computer or phone using the code then the tv will access your account automatically.

Fish 09-15-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464535)
I'm trying to sign in on my big not so smart TV not a phone, laptop or tablet. All it does is take me to the fuking code page.

You have to use a separate device like a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Navigate to the address PrimeVideo.com/mytv on that separate device. Enter the code. Then your smart TV will magically log in.

philfree 09-15-2022 12:21 PM

So to watch on a tv you still have to use a device. That's gotdamn stupid but okay.

DaFace 09-15-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 16464572)
So to watch on a tv you still have to use a device. That's gotdamn stupid but okay.

Most people prefer not to type passwords using their remote control. Once you're logged in, you won't need anything else.

philfree 09-15-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 16464576)
Most people prefer not to type passwords using their remote control. Once you're logged in, you won't need anything else.

Yeah it's still stupid.

It worked and thanks to those who helped! Now I feel like a sheeple though. I feel like I've been taken advantage of just to watch the Chiefs.