ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Broncos-Chiefs predictions #2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9405)

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 09:25 AM

Just checking to see how many opinions have changed on the game. Now with Griese virtually certain to be out and Terrell making zero improvements, it looks like the Chiefs lucked into another good shot at a decimated Bronco football team.

However, since both Denver lines are playing well and healthy, and the secondary has had another week to gel, I'm going with the Broncos 21-10 in a game a little closer than the score.

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 09:31 AM

With Griese
Denver 28
KC 20

With Frerotte
KC 21
Denver 17

Gracie Dean 09-22-2000 09:32 AM

First I would play on the D-Line and bust through that soggy O-Line of theirs and break the legs of whatever running back is back there and then I would RIP Greasy's helmet off and stuff it down his throat and make him EAT it!! YEAH! So when he goes poo-poo he craps those little vending machine helmets only when that happens they'll be CHIEFS helmets baby!! Just a little reminder for when he comes too from being knocked out on who it was that kicked his butt baby!!!! YEAH!!!!!
THEN I would play QB and pass a 80 TD pass to myself!! While running literally over the stomach's and back's of the donkie defense I would shove my cleat down Druganowski's throst and make him EAT IT!!! Sorry Racistanowski, THAT ain't NO pep-pill going down your throat, better take something else to "keep up with ME" baby!!!!
After that I chase down the Rat and spank him like my step child for trying to believe that they had a chance against THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!

so that is roughly what I would try to execute on the Chiefs behalf for a win.

THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: 76

the prissy, panty wearing donkies: 3

YEAH! YEAH!! GRRRRR!!! BRING IT ON, BABY!!!! *starts tearing mouse pad and arm of a chair apart with teeth* DONKIE GO DOWN!!!! DONKIE GO DOWN!!! *starts throwing the phone and chair, jumps violently around, throws keybo

stolen from Tim Nunya....

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 09:32 AM

I still think you are giving them way too much credit considering...
It's like saying your car is faster than mine because your car was faster than the little girl down the street on the tricycle.

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 09-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 09-22-2000).]

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 09:37 AM

Hahah, thats righ Kphobia. Tell 'em how it's going to be.

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 09:37 AM

Hahah, thats right Kphobia. Tell 'em how it's going to be.

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 09:40 AM

Chiefs wear red,
Broncs wear blue,
No more 1st place,
For you Donkey Drew

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 09:45 AM

My opinion is unchanged. I do not fear Davis or Griese. I do not fear Romanowski or the Broncos OL. I do not fear Oscar McCaffrey or Smith.

I fear our Coaching staff.

Our demons are named Gunther, Jimmy, Kurt and Mike. These men will have far more difference on the outcome of the game than whether Griese or Ferrotte start at QB.

I believe that if our coaches bring the opportunistic game plan to Mile High, we can win the game. We can take advantage of the Denver Defense if our coaches can take what the Broncos offer and attack. We have the personnel to attack by air or ground, depending on what the Denver D gives us. Our Offense [depending on our coaching staff] can score more points on the Denver D than the Denver Offense can score on the Chiefs D, if our coaches attack and adapt, rather than trying to prove how tough we are.

If we bring our “play not to lose” game, we will lose. My fear is that our coaching staff really IS as bad as they appear and have not yet learned that lesson, despite over a year of vocational training. This game will come down to which KC coaching staff shows up.

xoxo~
gaz
admits to some trepidation about Mile High.<BR>

Phobia 09-22-2000 09:48 AM

My opinion has not changed either. As predicted almost six months ago, the Chiefs will play Denver in Mile High this Sunday.

They will play football and they will run, pass, block and tackle.

Gaz 09-22-2000 09:52 AM

Donkey Drew,

IMO you're going to miss Griese. Mainly because it leaves you with "The Ferrett" who is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league. And if the Ferrett gets knocked out of the game by a crushing blow from John Browning.......in comes......wait for it.........Jarious Jackson. Woohoooooo! Let loose the dogs of war!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 09:53 AM

Good point Gaz. I feel a lot more comfortable saying that then perhaps the Brocos will win because they are a better team... and we all know they have less talent.

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 09:53 AM

Titus,
That's an awfully bold prediction. You're really going out on a limb on that one. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Chief_Noraa 09-22-2000 09:54 AM

Gaz
Thank you soooooo very much! Just when I reach the proper pumitude, you go and remind me that we still have the Three stooges. My confidence is shrinking up like a guy in a cold swimming pool. Guess I have to go read the pooping out little Chiefs helmets response a few more times to warm back up.

Shrinkage Bad,
Fire Good<BR>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 09:58 AM

Like I've said before, I admire your confidence. I don't quite understand why so many of you have such a lack of respect for Denver (or should I say Denver players?), and I probably never will. I know this, the typical Bronco fan respects the Chiefs a lot more than vise-versa, and its really not even logical. In the last four years, the Broncos have done everything to prove to be the superior club. It wasn't that long ago that Bubby Brister and a HEALTHY Denver Bronco team was kicking your *** in Arrowhead. It wasn't that long ago that this team walked into your house in the playoffs and controlled the football game. You guys get a sweep in a year Denver couldn't beat anybody, and that seems to overcome the two Superbowls you didn't even contend for, and the *** kickings Denver has handed you both at home and at Mile High. Yet you all refuse to come to grips with the fact that as much as you hate them, they might actually be a pretty good football team.

I can't wait for the excuses on Sunday evening. I think I'll just come and watch, although it will be difficult not to taunt.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 10:03 AM

Bob Dole is with Gaz. The KC players have shown up each game this season--it's the coaching staff that worries me.

We have the players and the skills in place to crush those Denver empty-headed animal food trough wipers, if the stooges will just allow it to happen.

Phobia 09-22-2000 10:06 AM

Good Ol' Drew...can allways count on him to relive 97 and 98.

Drew: Im not sure what you consider to be 'excuses', but since you have not read the responses, I think Chiefs fans are trying to tell you something.

Let me try again...

It's not the Broncos we're worried about, it's our coaches.<P>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:09 AM

Maybe confidence is too kind of word. Delusion probably fits better. Two coaching staffs now haven't done diddly squat with this great Chief talent. Could it maybe be because that great Chief talent y'all so anticipate week in and week out is a figment of your imaginations?

This great Chief talent has missed the playoffs two straight years, and lost at home in the playoffs to one of their biggest rivals the year before. Could it maybe be that they aren't that talented? Or is it that they are bigger underachievers than the Raiders, even?

Also, don't underestimate how much D.T. meant to you all against the Broncos. When he played well, Denver struggled. When he didn't, Denver rolled. I'm sorry, but without D.T., with Hasty aging and your little safety dynnamo now broken up, nobody really fears that D anymore. They ain't that good.

<P>

Quarterback 09-22-2000 10:10 AM

Uh, Drew with the exception of our meltdown in 98 (which was equivilent to your '99) exactly what are these *** kickings you refer to?

Denver-KC games are always tight nip and tuck affairs which usually come down to the last few minutes. I expect this one to be no different.

As for your two SB's, enjoy them. At this point they're as much historical as ours.

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 10:10 AM

Here's a stat that probably gives Chiefs fans confidence against Denver.

KC is 33-14 all time against Denver w/out Elway. KC is 12-21(including 0-1 in playoffs) against Denver with Elway.<BR>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:13 AM

Oh, I think you know what I mean about excuses. I'll point them out to you Sunday night.

Will it be the coaches? Will it be the cheatin' refs? Will it be mean ol' Mile High? Will it be the big meany weenie Denver Oline shovin' too hard?

I know one thing it won't be-- Denver beating you. Heck, even the Raider fans lined up on the Post board to admit that maybe the Denver players beat the Raider players last week. I'd be stunned to see that happen with K.C. fans.

Drew
As my respect for my KC brethern wanes...

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 10:20 AM

Drew-

It’s not a lack of respect for the Denver players [well, except for Romanowski].

You talked about the last four years in your post. You can continue to shake those Super Bowls if you want [and sincere congratulations for them], but this is not the same Broncos team that won those Championships. Elway is gone, Sharpe is gone, Davis is a shadow of his older self. The ’99 Broncos did not deserve fear and three games into the season, the ’00 Broncos have not generated fear either.

I feared Elway. I do not fear Griese. This is not intended as disrespect or smack. It is simply an acknowledgement that Griese is not Elway. It is a far different Broncos team. An Elway-less team. If you want fear, you have to earn it. So far, this new Broncos team has done nothing to deserve fear from Chiefs fans.

“In the last four years, the Broncos have done everything to prove to be the superior club.” Wrong, Drew. Three and four years ago, the Broncos did everything to prove they were the superior club. In the last two years, the Broncos have done squat.

That is why I fear my own coaching staff more than I fear the Broncos. My coaching staff has EARNED my fear with consistently boneheaded decisions that lose games. Griese’s Broncos may yet earn my fear, but right now the Stooges are my main nightmare.

xoxo~
gaz
hoping to see the Broncos replace the Stooges on the fear list.<BR>

Phobia 09-22-2000 10:21 AM

Drew: you make me laugh...Im glad for you that you can have the confidence you do. I guess if we had a coaching staff that was consistent, I'd have the same confidence.

I get the feeling that should denver win you will be as bad of a winner as you would be a sore loser.

Quarterback 09-22-2000 10:21 AM

Please explain to me Drew why:

In one breath you request respect from KC fans.

In the next breath talk endless smaque against those same fans.

Pardon me but does the term 'self defeating' ring a bell.

If you'd read the posts in this thread, you'd see that our greatest fear is our own coaching staff. That's an indictment of our own organization, not a smaque against yours.

Perhaps you don't get the respect you seek is because your defensive posture doesn't inspire it.

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:29 AM

I'm not seeking personal respect. You guys aren't going to respect me no matter what. I have different opinions.

I just get sick of hearing how lousy Denver is when the facts to bear that out. They almost beat the Rams in the TWA Dome. They scored 5 TD's against Atlanta before Atlanta got a first down. Atlanta is 2-1 by the way, so they aren't exactly awful, no matter how you shake it. They went into Raiderland and not only won when the intangibles were stacked against them, but shut a pretty good Raider team out in the second half.

Yet all I keep reading about is Denver's 'soft interior' and their 'lousy safetys/corners/secondary' and their overrated O-line, and their crappy WR's, etc, etc, etc, and how the superior Chiefs would roll them if they had better coaches. It's ridiculous.

At the same time, sorry I'm getting wound up. I guess y'all are entitled to your opions and I am on enemy territory.<P>

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 10:39 AM

I don't know Drew, maybe because the 2 coaches had the same philosophy. And I don't ever remember saying that I didn't respect the Bronco's. However, if you want to talk about the past, the Bronco's have NEVER owned the Chiefs by any means. And there will be NO excuses for your team. When the Chiefs light up the Denver D, and our D is shows Anderson the REAL meaning of a defense, I probably won't see you here until a week before the next game because you are going to see the "Ferret" and Anderson picking grass out of his @ss for at least the next 3 weeks after this game. Get real. The team is an unproven phony right now. Go sell dumbass somewhere else... we're all stocked up here.

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 10:40 AM

Not only are the Broncos lousy, but the Nuggets suck, the Avalanche blow & the Rockies play baseball like women. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:45 AM

Okay, Bishop. Whatever you say. I guess one of us will most surely be able to claim the dumbass tag at about 5:30 p.m. MST on Sunday.

I certainly won't feel as foolish as you surely will, though. I've been pretty consistent on my predictions that this game will be close and that KC might actually win. I, on the other hand, could have a field day with just your last post. Since I've been posting, I have never, ever taunted anybody after a Bronco win. I haven't done it on their boards and I haven't done it on Bronco boards. But I promise to rub your nose in it, right here, for at least a week, should your Chiefs lose. Some of you guys don't deserve class.

[This message has been edited by Donkey Drew (edited 09-22-2000).]

Phobia 09-22-2000 10:45 AM

You guys aren't going to respect me no matter what. I have different opinions. - Differing opinions does not mean lack of respect to me. You lose respect with me when you damage your credibility. A good example would be talking out of one's arse about a particular subject.

...when the facts to bear that out. They almost beat the Rams in the TWA Dome. They scored 5 TD's against Atlanta before Atlanta got a first down. Atlanta is 2-1 by the way, so they aren't exactly awful, no matter how you shake it. - Ahhh, the beauty of stats. Might I point at a couple of other stats as well? St. Louis, while the defending SB champions have not played all that well. Aside from being #30 in total defense the SF 49ers almost beat them as well. Second, Atlanta has played both SF (who almost beat Atlanta BTW) and Carolina. One would assume that to be considered a team in contention, that team would beat both of these teams. What does this say, well 'FACTS' have not been 'beared' out yet as to what denver is.

Last, I'd like for you to point out one post that has stated KC would 'roll' if we had different coaches. Quite the contrary, most posts have said that if the coaches dont fall back into their old habits we have a good chance of winning. Hardly compares to the '*** kicking' references from #13.<BR>

Luzap 09-22-2000 10:51 AM

Drew:

"I can't wait for the excuses on Sunday evening. I think I'll just come and watch, although it will be difficult not to taunt"

You are accusing us of making excuses already but for some reason you have forgotten the very words of the post you put up.....

"Now with Griese virtually certain to be out and Terrell making zero improvements, it looks like the Chiefs lucked into another good shot at a decimated Bronco football team."

It looks like you are already lining up your excuses in case the Chiefs win in Mile High this week.

The Pot call the Kettle.....

You play a Rams team whose defense went to The Bullfighter's School of Defense, then play the Atlanta Myna Birds, a team closely resembling the New Orleans Saints in futility, and then beat a Raider team that handed the game to you after pretty much coming back on that vaunted team of yours.

Now you expect us to treat you like the Packer of the 60's, the Steeler's of the 70's and the Niner's of the 80's. C'mon get a closer grip on reality before you call us homers and moan because we won't crown you with magnificence.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 09-22-2000).]

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 10:52 AM

Drew-

The Broncos are better:
· Coaching. Hand’s down.
· WR, though Morris is quickly changing that equation.
· HB, even at your backup position.
· Offense.
· On the road.

The Chiefs are better:
· FB.
· TE.
· DL.
· QB, though Griese was quickly changing that equation before injury.
· Defense.

Otherwise, we are fairly evenly matched. If you look at the variables in the game, you can see that the Broncos player talent does not explain the degree to which your Offense is superior to the Chiefs Offense. There are two possibilities:

1. You played teams worse Defenses than we did. BTW, this is unarguably true. Colts, Titans & Chargers Vs Rams, Falcons and Raiders. You do the math.

2. Your Offensive philosophy is superior.

Personally, I think #2 is the reason. Our coaching staff has proven that they can waste talent better than any staff in the AFC West. We run against a stacked line. We announce our strategy and then wonder why the enemy D stopped us. We consistently put our QB in a position to fail. Our coaching staff is the reason our Offense stinks, not our players.

Somehow, this sad admission is seen as disrespect for the Broncos. You will have to explain that to me, ‘cause I don’t see that as disrespect. I see that as brutal, painful honesty.

xoxo~
gaz
saving his disrespect for his coaching staff.<BR>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:55 AM

Yeah, and the Chiefs lost at home to a team the Raiders beat, and lost to an overrated Tennessee team. You did beat the amazing Chargers, though.

And you're gonna tell me I have nothing to go on? Okay, whatever.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 10:57 AM

But hey Mizzou...those Silver Bullets were a pretty d@mned good team.

Luzap 09-22-2000 10:59 AM

Drew:

No one here is claiming the Chiefs to be the elite of the NFL like you are with the Broncos. You act shocked that we would consider the Donks anything less that spectacular.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 10:59 AM

Sorry Drew, you are just a bit too smug for me to sit back and listen to this anymore. I have just had enough of you coming in here and telling US how it is or is not going to be. You know as well as I do I am going to come in here on Mon morning and let you have it if we win, and I am sure you will do the same. The only difference is, I don't think we'll see you until the next game if that is the case. If I am wrong, than you are a bigger man than me. I don't have the cohones to go to a rival teams board, talk smack for a week, and when my team loses, stick around for the thrashing that I deserve. But once again, I am just going to emphasise my original point, you have no CLUE what the outcome of this game is going to be because both teams are still unproven... PERIOD!!!

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 11:00 AM

I almost forgot. The Avs kick booty and will win the Cup this year. Unfortunately, the Nuggets do suck and the Rockies ARE playing like girls now.

The Rockies will be pretty good next year, though.

AustinChief 09-22-2000 11:03 AM

Even with Jarious Jackson, Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are.

Why?

We have played great football this year.

No excuses. We don't blame our coaching staff, we don't blame injuries, and we don't blame bad luck, we don't blame our schedule or another teams schedule, we don't say that the teams we play cheat, and we don't blame the past. We don't let last years pro-bowls affect this years predictions, we don't believe that a bad year last year means a bad year this year, for players or teams, we also don't believe a bad year last year means we will have a good year this year, and we don't pick our team to LOSE games (even if we think they might).

We have played, in general, great football in every game THIS season, including the pre-season.

I have also watched to chiefs play, and so have all of you.

That is why the Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are THIS season.

Why don't I have any respect for chief fans?
Easy, the excuses paragraph above, more or less, sums up this BB.

xoxo~
BroncoFan
God must not want chiefs to win.<BR>

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 11:09 AM

Drew, I am sorry, I think I was confusing you with BroncoBoy over here. My sincerest apologies.

xoxo~
bishop74
God wishes BroncoFan would stop smoking so much strawberry flavored crack... what is he thinkin'!!!

<BR>

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 11:10 AM

Okay, I can see that a discussion of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Chiefs/Broncos is not going to happen.

Have fun arfing, y’all.

xoxo~
gaz
struggling to live without the respect of Broncos Homers.<BR>

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 11:12 AM

The Broncos have impressed me in all of the games that they have played in, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The Chiefs have played good overall and have looked good on overall defense. With Griese, I think the Broncos would win this weekend. But with Frerotte, that drops them down a notch. I think it will be a close game and a lower scoring game which benefits the Chiefs.

Gaz 09-22-2000 11:15 AM

Even with Jarious Jackson, Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are.
Oh my God, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on a BB....it brings back memories of what Vance (?) said last year about how the Broncos would be better without Elway

We have played great OFFENSIVEfootball this year.

No excuses c'mon. We don't blame our coaching staff why would you?, we don't blame injuries I just CANNOT believe I read that, LMAO!!!, and we don't blame bad luck huh?, we don't blame our schedule or another teams schedule why would you with one of the easiest schedules in the league!!!???, we don't say that the teams we play cheat Short memory? Remember the 4th quarter in Arrowhead, 1998???, and we don't blame the past yeah, but you sure depend on it enough when it benefits you for stats etc.. We don't let last years pro-bowls affect this years predictions, we don't believe that a bad year last year means a bad year this year for players or teams and we do?, we also don't believe a bad year last year means we will have a good year this year you make precisely this point by USING injuries as an excuse for last season! and we don't pick our team to LOSE games (even if we think they might) admission of blind homerism perhaps???.

Try again Bronco Fan....... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Cormac (edited 09-22-2000).]

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 11:18 AM

A Kansas City equivalent to BroncoFan:

Blah blah blah yada yada fart blah blah. Yada yada yada yada fart fart, blah blah. Poot squeak yada blah, simbada blah de freakin dada poopoo. Smack fart belch whistle, yada yada yada yada yada.

Bob Dole would disagree that Denver has played "great football" in the three games this season. Griese has played solid, error free ball and Anderson has had a couple of truly impressive games. The defense is suspect, though, tied with San Diego for the most points allowed in the entire AFC...

the head 09-22-2000 11:28 AM

Bottom line for me is the O-line,,,, I think we miss Szott more than seems popular. Better balance in the run/pass helped but it took until 2Q when the O-line started opening some holes for the first time this year. Then Richardson and eventually Morreau (what do they see in (the)Cloud(s)) ? had the respect to keep the LB's honest... keep the balance move some beef up front the Chiefs won't consistently win w/o that. That said, the D-line looked way better than expected

Chiefs 31 Donks 20

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 11:45 AM

Kevin Harlan is calling the game for CBS. Bob Dole considers that a good omen.

"OH BABY what a play!"

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 11:52 AM

I've said it before, but Denver's D stats are a little misleading.

Although they were pretty bad against St. Louis, they dominated Atlanta. They also really only gave up 10 points to the Raiders. The other fourteen came on a blocked punt and 13 yard drive. Seven of Atlanta's points came on a kick return. Although it is fashionable to question the Broncos D, they've played a lot better than the credit they get. <P>

TEX 09-22-2000 12:12 PM

Donky,

Per your last post, now you admit that your special teams are going to stink up the field as well?..what a hoot....

I like to hear that, the chiefs are well know for scoring defensively and special teams....I'm always game for some extra points.

Jarious jackson...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 12:22 PM

Denver's special teams have sucked. That's just a fact, so hoot all you like.

I find it ironic that if I set aside the 'blind homerism' that I'm so proud of, y'all still jump my *** .

It's just another example of how I'd be considered 'smug', 'arrogant', 'delusional', or whatever, no matter what I said. You guys just don't like opinions from the dark side as much as I do.

JOhn 09-22-2000 12:36 PM

Chiefs 38
Donks 24

Luz
put it in the bank...

ck_IN 09-22-2000 12:40 PM

Drew, do you ever get a chance to see the avs play?

TEX 09-22-2000 12:40 PM

donk,

some of my antagonism was probably more suited for broncfan.

you guys are just such good targets with the orange targets you wear...just look at the team you choose to spew garble about http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

I do think the thin air affects you guys

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 12:40 PM

If KC puts up 38 on Denver I'll run naked and screaming down the 16th Street Mall over lunch.

TEX 09-22-2000 12:42 PM

Luz,

for the chiefs to score 38, Stoyo would have to actuall MAKE a field goal.

Chiefs 35
Donks 17

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 12:43 PM

Badger:

I've been part of a season ticket group since they moved from Quebec. I gave those up because the wife and I have a whippersnapper on the way and I feel obligated to start using my money better. I've probably caught an average of 15 games a year at McNichols/Pepsi Center and watch whenever they are televised (about 65 games a year). So yeah, I follow them pretty close. <P>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 12:46 PM

If Denver gives up 35 points to the Chiefs, I'll put an end to any delusions about an AFC West title or playoff appearance. Any team that yields 35 to the Chiefs has absolutely no future.

ck_IN 09-22-2000 12:48 PM

Drew, same here, i sure enjoy the pepsi center over mcnichols.I also have the package deal. Broncos suck.....go avs!!!

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 12:54 PM

The Pepsi Center is great, isn't it?<P>

TEX 09-22-2000 12:56 PM

You're probably right. The Chiefs may not score 35. Gunther is going to run the ball all day, so that after GUS gets hurt, and Ol' Mike the Marine doesn't run for 400 yards while Jarious"little michael" Jackson doesn't pass for 500yds.

To stop this, The Chiefs will probably run 35 times...

Chiefs 28
Broncos 14(less time of pos)

AustinChief 09-22-2000 12:57 PM

Struck a cord there with that excuse paragraph.

I will do all of you a favor Sunday night, and start a discussion thread entitled
"EXCUSES WE ARE GOING TO USE FOR TODAY'S LOSS TO THE BRONCOS 2ND STRING"

I will even suggest a couple, just to get the ball rolling. Don't worry, I will make sure that I include, "Our coaches suck", and "Broncos Cheated", and "The refs screwed us".

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz, just trying to win your admiration

TEX 09-22-2000 01:00 PM

broncofan,

maybe to sooth your sadness, you can get some of the vaseline from the O line and take the frustration about your loss to the crappy ol' chiefs on your "little buddy"

a little "5 on 1"....or probably 3 for a bronco fan http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Iowanian (edited 09-22-2000).]

AustinChief 09-22-2000 01:15 PM

Iowanian,

Good call, I almost forgot to add that "Broncos have vaseline on thier jersey" excuse.

Iowanian, I will be honest with you. I like it when chief fans feel there is a reason for their loses. Watching the Broncos at the begining of the season last year was so depressing because we just were a ****ty team. After Terrell got hurt we felt much better because of the great excuse we had.

And believe me, I wouldn't wish that desperate feeling on another football fan. So please, make up some excuses, and use them for years and year if you need to.

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz likes it when I console him

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-22-2000).]

TEX 09-22-2000 01:19 PM

bronc,

I have a long drive sunday night. "IF" the chiefs get whooped, I'll do my best to come up with some creative, inventive and completely unreasonable excuses as to how the "grave injustice" happened to my team..

I GOT IT!!!!! The White man did it...those oppresive @#$@$%$.

AustinChief 09-22-2000 01:24 PM

Check out this link. Quite a few experts see it your way chief fans.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/week4.html

Also,

Check out those espn.com power ranking. Funny that everyone else doesn't have such a difficult time seeing Bronco success - Broncos are #3 behind St. Louis and Tampa!

Go Broncos!!

TEX 09-22-2000 01:31 PM

ha ha...you're a real cut up.

If you look at the records from their picks last week, only 1 of them picked more than 9 games correct...most 7-8....

I guess thats why they play em..

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 01:34 PM

Well, waddya know, BroncoFan trying to prove his team is better with more unproven, and very unreliable I might add, information. What a joke...

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 01:35 PM

Two options:

1. Last Sunday’s aggressive, opportunistic Offense was a fluke. We come out and run 6 straight running plays into the center of a stacked line. We go 3 & out all day. Our Defense gets tired. We panic in the fourth quarter and shift to “Air Raye” in a desperate attempt to catch up. Denver wins.

2. Last Sunday’s aggressive, opportunistic Offense was a fundamental change in Offensive strategy. We attack the Broncos Defense by land and air, throwing when the cheat up to the line, running over them when they back off. KC wins.

Denver’s D cannot double-cover both Morris and Gonzalez. If they double Morris, we throw to Gonzalez in the middle. If they double Gonzo, we throw the long ball to Morris. If they try to double both of them, we run up and down the field. Our Offense will move the ball unless Gunther/Raye revert to proving they are tough instead of attacking the D.

We shut down Davis last season [before the injury] and our D has improved since then. The Broncos O was clicking under Griese, it will sputter some under Ferrotte and we will crush him into the Mile High turf. Denver’s Offense will not rack up huge points against the KC Defense, unless Schottenheimer suffers another attack of spineless cowardice.

The result of this game depends on our coaching staff.

xoxo~
gaz
not exactly filled with confidence.<BR>

Gracie Dean 09-22-2000 01:35 PM

Yeah, BroncoFan - that's a GREAT resource for who is going to win. Collectively, they barely surpassed correctly guessing HALF the games last week. Those "experts" can't even outpick me....

AustinChief 09-22-2000 01:49 PM

KPhobia,

I have learned that when KC fans spout facts, you have to look them up, because they are probably just making things up.

KPhobia, every single one of those "experts" has predicted this years games better than your kick-*** 48%.

I myself am not claiming to be able to pick all the correct games, but you look like a real idiot when you just make things up like that.

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz, proud I did my homework

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 01:50 PM

It is sort of strange that everybody in the football world sees Denver as a very solid team except Chief fans. ESPN and NFL.Talk have them 3rd in their respective Power Rankings, pundits are virtually unanimously picking the Broncos, and even Raider players and coaches are saying that they severly underestimated this club. Yet here you all are (many admitting that the games have been historically close no matter what) parlaying a blow out of the 0-3 Chargers into a blowout of the Broncos AT Mile High. I mean geez, you guys aren't just predicting a Chief win-- you're predicting the Chiefs will make easy work of the Broncos (provided, of course, the Chiefs coaches 'let' them).

Either you guys are the most perceptive group of football fans on the planet, or you are delusional about the quality of your team and the lack thereof of the Broncos. I think its the latter.

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 02:00 PM

Drew-

“you guys aren't just predicting a Chief win-- you're predicting the Chiefs will make easy work of the Broncos”

I did not come to that conclusion after reading the posts on this thread. There will always be a Homer talking smack about a blowout, but the majority of posts I read stated that we thought we could win this game if our coaching staff does not revert back to their stupid ways.

That is by no stretch of the imagination suggesting a blowout at Mile High.

So either you cannot read, or you are deliberately misquoting us for your own purposes. I think it’s the latter.

xoxo~
gaz
will be really embarrassed if someone is reading these posts to Drew.<BR>

Gracie Dean 09-22-2000 02:06 PM

BroncoFan -

My week 2 picks aren't reflected on this board. I was "awarded 0 for week 2. My actual total is closer to 70%. It's pretty pitiful when I reflect an 0-fer for a whole week and I'm still pretty close to the "experts".

FWIW, I'm 29 of 44.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-22-2000).]

Cannibal 09-22-2000 02:12 PM

KC 28 Denver 17.

KC coaches have finally learned their lesson. They will continue with a balanced offensive attack. Denver does not have enough defensive weapons to cover Gonzo, Morris and Alexander. Gus "head banger" Ferrote shows why he is a backup as he throws 3 INT's.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 02:14 PM

Yeah, BroncoFan - that's a GREAT resource for who is going to win. Collectively, they barely surpassed correctly guessing HALF the games last week. Those "experts" can't even outpick Bob Dole....<BR>

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 02:16 PM

Gaz:

You're pretty much by yourself on this board when it comes to giving the Broncos the slightest shot, and even you see the Chiefs moving with ease if the coaches let them. Just on this page of this thread, I see scores like 35-17 Chiefs, 38-24 Chiefs. I see a 28-14 Chiefs on another, and I see constant references to how the 'soft' Denver D can't stop K.C.'s vaunted offense, while simultaneously, Denver's overrated O can't move on the Chiefs. Usually these two scenarios add up to a blowout.

I have no doubt that there is very little respect for the Broncos in KC. It's abundently clear, in fact. It's not remotely a reach to make those claims based on the evidence on this board.

Gracie Dean 09-22-2000 02:20 PM

Drew,

Actually it is a reach to say that there is little respect for the Broncos in KC. I believe less than 20% of this board's participants even live IN the KC Metro area.

BroncoFan,
I'm still waiting on a response from you regarding my last post.

It should look something like this:

"I'm sorry KPhobia, I was so hasty, I didn't notice you erroneously had a score of zero for week 2. I feel kinda silly now. Please forgive me."

You are welcome to cut & paste....

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-22-2000).]

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 02:23 PM

And that ignores that your post clearly stated "last week," Phil.

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 02:24 PM

Me? I didn't say diddly about your picks.

Picky, picky, picky about semantics!!!! Okay, among Chief FANS there is no respect for the Broncos.

Gracie Dean 09-22-2000 02:26 PM

Sorry Drew. BroncoFan's moniker is so generic, I get you guys confused sometimes.

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 02:29 PM

Drew-

Thank you.

“Among Chiefs fans there is no respect for the Broncos” is much better than “Chiefs fans don’t respect the Broncos.”

It is not being picky about semantics. There is a HUGE difference. One version lumps all Chiefs fans together, the other does not. Do you want to be judged by BroncoFan and Mile High Mania, or do you want us to judge you on what YOU say?

xoxo~
gaz
knows what he prefers.<BR>

TEX 09-22-2000 02:30 PM

DOnk,

If it is ok for all of the "experts" cited earlier to pick the broncos, why on earth is it completely irrational for people of a "chiefs fan chat" to have the nerve to root for a win against an overrated banged up team like Denver?

If you total the games dever won last year and this year to date, it would total the wins the chiefs had last year....

although they have stumbled a little, the chiefs have beaten the broncos twice in a row.....If i was bowling.....sunday night will give them a "Turkey"

Chiefs win, Bronco Fans drive home sad..

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 02:31 PM

Drew-

More accurate is “some Chiefs fans don’t respect the Broncos.” That is a true statement that does not paint me with someone else’s brush.

xoxo~
gaz
picky about how he is lumped.<BR>

redshirt32 09-22-2000 02:31 PM

IF last week was NOT a FLUKE... KC 28 Denver 21

ELSE... KC 10 Denver 21

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif