ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Kiper's positional rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313321)

Quesadilla Joe 01-18-2018 07:47 AM

Kiper's positional rankings

Spoiler!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/in...spects-ranking

kccrow 01-18-2018 02:47 PM

And my hope for the Chiefs to snag Hughes just went straight down the ****ing shitter. **** you Mel. **** you.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-18-2018 09:34 PM

Grab Coutee because.... Guns Up :D

Couch-Potato 01-19-2018 10:10 AM

Cornerbacks

1. *Denzel Ward, Ohio State
2. *Joshua Jackson, Iowa
3. *Mike Hughes, Central Florida
4. *Carlton Davis, Auburn
5. *Isaiah Oliver, Colorado
6. *Tarvarus McFadden, Florida State
7. *Jaire Alexander, Louisville
8. M.J. Stewart, North Carolina
9. Anthony Averett, Alabama
10. *Nick Nelson, Wisconsin

Safeties

1. *Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
2. **Derwin James, Florida State
3. *Justin Reid, Stanford
4. *Ronnie Harrison, Alabama
5. Armani Watts, Texas A&M
6. Kyzir White, West Virginia
7. *DeShon Elliott, Texas
8. Jeremy Reaves, South Alabama
9. Quin Blanding, Virginia
10. Marcus Allen, Penn State

From the above lists, who's hot? who's not? who' going to fall to the bottom of the 2nd? who's available if the Chiefs trade Alex for a higher 2nd round pick? or is our dollar going to go further somewhere else?

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2018 02:13 PM

From a draft analyst at E-W Shrine Game practices via Twitter: https://twitter.com/tonypauline/stat...45648814395392

Quote:

Deadrin Senat/DT/South Florida: The only person who as able to stop Deadrin Senat was in fact Deadrin Senat, the few times he wore down over the course of practice. It was understandable, as he hadn’t been in pads for almost a month. When fully energized, Senat showed a complete game; he was quick, explosive, powerful and fundamentally sound. He easily held the point against double-team blocks, collapsed the pocket in man-on-man battles and beat opponents with pure power as well as quick hands. Graded as a late-round pick entering the year, Senat has moved into the middle rounds. Keep an eye on the Buffalo Bills or Kansas City Chiefs during draft weekend.
Sounds like he could be our next NT.

kepp 01-19-2018 02:19 PM

I haven't seen the two punters he has before Dickson of Texas, but they must be god-like.

Barret 01-19-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13369313)
Grab Coutee because.... Guns Up :D

Didn't Mahomes have a really good connection with Coutee when he played there?? I remember some of the Mahomes films that were posted and he was always hitting Coutee where ever he was on the field.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 13370289)
Didn't Mahomes have a really good connection with Coutee when he played there?? I remember some of the Mahomes films that were posted and he was always hitting Coutee where ever he was on the field.

Yeah they were dynamic together. Only reason I would pass on Coutee is we already have a similar receiver to him as far as size and speed in Tyreek. I'd kinda like to see us grab a a taller guy if they don't have confidence in Conley. But if they do, Coutee is GREAT insurance for Tyreek and those two would give Pat a pair of guys who create separation down field.

Couch-Potato 01-19-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370445)
Yeah they were dynamic together. Only reason I would pass on Coutee is we already have a similar receiver to him as far as size and speed in Tyreek. I'd kinda like to see us grab a a taller guy if they don't have confidence in Conley. But if they do, Coutee is GREAT insurance for Tyreek and those two would give Pat a pair of guys who create separation down field.

I agree with the notion that a taller WR would be a good fit. It would add another redzone threat. Maybe that guy is another versatile TE though, that way Kelce can play more WR and act as our big WR.

KChiefs1 04-10-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 13370289)

Coutee is great in space.

https://youtu.be/EqI3mc3l4XI

Chargem 04-11-2018 12:28 AM

I think I would rather have Hughes or Davis, but if Alexander or Oliver fell, being deeper in Mel's chart then I wouldn't be disappointed taking either

Gravedigger 04-11-2018 08:13 AM

I would be okay with Coutee if he came in as primarily a KR for Dave Toub like Tyreek did and maybe make the transition to Slot receiver later in the year or 2019.

UChieffyBugger 04-11-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370445)

I like Coutee and the fact that he's primarily a slot WR would see him fit into the system very well. The issue is he's getting a lot of attention. Pats interviewed him at the combine, Titans brought him In for a workout and he just visited Atlanta yesterday. Now, I very doubt that any of these teams would draft him In the first two rounds but IF we really wanted to get him we'd be taking a risk letting him slip into the third round imo. This is why I truly believe Lasley Is our guy because teams appear to be cold on him because of some "off the field" issues and a couple of drops that he had last season. So he's flying under the radar a little which could really work to our benefit. And imo, he's a route runner than Coutee and would cause all sorts of problems alongside Hill and Watkins.

UChieffyBugger 04-11-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13511779)
I think I would rather have Hughes or Davis, but if Alexander or Oliver fell, being deeper in Mel's chart then I wouldn't be disappointed taking either

The Cb class is so deep this year that a good one Is gonna fall to us without doubt imo. I'm hoping for Davis, but would be happy with Holton Hill, Alexander, Mcfadden, Averett etc.

O.city 04-11-2018 10:30 AM

Davis, Oliver or Justin Reid.