ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265617)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 01:21 PM

Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today

1 Attachment(s)
Frustrated with the level of play and general direction of the Chiefs? Want to join the SaveOurChiefs movement and "Blackout Arrowhead?" Afraid to wear black and think you can't support the Chiefs?

You can order SaveOurChiefs black hoodie, long sleeve tee or short sleeve tee printed in CHIEFS team colors to support the team and players on Sunday, November 18 against the Bengals. Hoodies - $25, Long Sleeve - $20, Short Sleeve - $15. Call Sports Nutz @ (816) 923-7529 to reserve yours today! Reservations for product are being taken now. Gear is available now at the 40 Hwy location ONLY. Blackout gear cannot be purchased from any other Sportsnutz location.

10% is donated back to us and we are donating 100% of remaining funds to charity at the end of the season.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(October 17, 2012)

Organizers behind the Save Our Chiefs movement have designated November 18, 2012 against the Cincinnati Bengals as the official Blackout Arrowhead game. Not a blackout in the traditional sense where the game isn't televised but instead one where the fans wear black to the game. Why a Blackout? To send a visual message that Chief fans are tired of broken leadership and subpar performance on the field. Black is a color commonly attributed to “mourning” which is the state of mind, play and spirit of the Chiefs fan base.

Organizers released this official statement on Wednesday, October 17, 2012:

"We, the donators and supporters of the banner and movement, have been accused of being fair weather fans. This is simply not true. We are passionate fans who live and die with this team on Sunday. If we were fair weather fans, we would have found something else to do a long time ago. Instead, we have gone hoarse by the second quarter and not been able to speak right the next day. We have painted our faces and worn costumes, even formed charitable organizations that have raised tens of thousands of dollars to benefit the local community. We have made life-long friends and are as dedicated a Chiefs fan as anyone else.

We haven't given up the team. We are tired of losing. We are tired of not being competitive. We are tired of seeing Arrowhead as a shell of what it used to be.

We who have been loyal for so long deserve better than what we have received. We have endured 19 painful years with no playoff wins. While it’s acknowledged that the organization has won the AFC West, as recently as 2010, they mean nothing when they are immediately followed by playoff losses. We have had a single appearance in the AFC championship game since 1970 (1993) and we lost. In 1984, the AFC Championship trophy was named "The Lamar Hunt Trophy". How sad is it that we have never once held the trophy that bears our founders name?

Thousands of us remember the desolation of the 80's and it is something we do not want to see repeated. Thousands of us remember going to games in the late 90's and early 00's and feeling the rumble of the crowd in our feet and chest. We would high five and hug total strangers after a touchdown or a clutch defensive stop. We remember being unable to talk to the person next to us on defensive 3rd downs... all because we knew that we could disrupt the opposing offense and inspire our defense.

Our goal with this movement is to create change so we don't end up forgetting those experiences. We ask everyone to attend the Chiefs/Bengals game on November 18 to wear black and cheer for the Chiefs. Send a message that Sea of Red will quickly change and disappear if change isn't made. Arrowhead will once again be empty like it was in the 80s.

To learn more about the Save Our Chiefs movement please follow us at www.saveourchiefs.com, at www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs, on Twitter @SaveOurChiefs, or the original thread on www.chiefsplanet.com.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:22 PM

I know we don't love a lot of stickies, but this is a good one for now. If another mod hates it, feel free to undo it.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:23 PM

Before I call and order, how can I get my hands on this from down here in Hillbilly Hollywood?

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 01:25 PM

:hail:

The Franchise 10-24-2012 01:27 PM

Are they going to ship to other states or is this just a local thing?

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2012 01:29 PM

Nothing but love.

ptlyon 10-24-2012 01:32 PM

Going to be a little chilly for t shirts, so plan accordingly!

pr_capone 10-24-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9045832)
Are they going to ship to other states or is this just a local thing?

Call them, yes... they will arrange for shipping. :D

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 01:34 PM

I'll take a hoodie.

http://i.imgur.com/8PIA2.gif

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 01:36 PM

Live out of state, call them and order :)

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 01:37 PM

lol, i called the sportsnutz number and it's busy

EVERYONE WANTS THIS HOT ITEM

ORDER NOW AND GET PIOLI FIRED

kcxiv 10-24-2012 01:37 PM

how much are they? i wanna buy one for me, but i live in Cali n stuffs!

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:41 PM

****ing ordered! This whole thing is just ****ing amazing! Kudos to Marty, prcapone, and everyone else who has donated time, money, and creative ideas to make all of this happen!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 01:42 PM

Hoodies - $25, Long Sleeve - $20, Short Sleeve - $15. Call Sports Nutz @ (816) 923-7529 to reserve yours today! Reservations for product are being taken now.

BourbonMan 10-24-2012 01:43 PM

I like the idea and concept...But I have a problem paying for something that I'm only going to use/wear once. When would I ever wear it again, especially since it already has a specific date on it.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9045875)
I like the idea and concept...But I have a problem paying for something that I'm only going to use/wear once. When would I ever wear it again, especially since it already has a specific date on it.

You can wear it all year to protest Scott Pioli.

It's a great symbol.

Hell, maybe every home game after Nov. 18 will be blacked out.

And if Pioli isn't fired? Great investment for next year.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 01:44 PM

its a commemorative date. A very special date.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2012 01:45 PM

A lifetime of meaning and enjoyment for all.

wazu 10-24-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Man, this is a badge of honor. You'll be walking around for years wearing it and saying "I was there". I still have my "Share the Wealth" Royals walk-out T-shirt. Problem is I wore it TOO much and now it's really faded.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

I'm buying it to wear it, and I'm buying it to be able to look and remember the time we as fans rose up and said "Enough is enough!" and invoked change. There's some pride to be had here, no matter what happens from here on out.

The Franchise 10-24-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9045887)
I'm buying it to wear it, and I'm buying it to be able to look at remember the time we as fans rose up and said "Enough is enough!" and invoked change. There's some pride to be had here, no matter what happens from here on out.

This. I'll wear the shit out this.

BourbonMan 10-24-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9045886)
Man, this is a badge of honor. You'll be walking around for years wearing it and saying "I was there". I still have my "Share the Wealth" Royals walk-out T-shirt. Problem is I wore it TOO much and now it's really faded.

Quote:

I'm buying it to wear it, and I'm buying it to be able to look and remember the time we as fans rose up and said "Enough is enough!" and invoked change. There's some pride to be had here, no matter what happens from here on out.

You guys are right...just got off the phone with them, they told me they will call me Friday.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9045898)
You guys are right...just got off the phone with them, they told me they will call me Friday.

:thumb: **** yeah!

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 01:55 PM

I hope they sell 20k of these. We the people...

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

We should be proud to wear our uniforms.

http://archives.delaware.gov/graphic...guiderev-1.jpg

Steron 10-24-2012 02:15 PM

I LOVE this. Is there a time frame for getting my order in? I won't be able to order until I get paid. Also, I'm a big dude, does it come in -ahem- extended sizes?

I so wish I could be there at the stadium. I'm in VA and obviously can't be at Arrowhead but I want to show my support again. I donated to the banner and I will order one of these as well.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 02:15 PM

When will I wear it?

When I shit. When I eat. When I ****.

Anytime I do something worthy of celebration I will wear this hoody and reflect on this righteous cause.

That's when I'll wear it.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9045958)
When will I wear it?

Anytime I do something worthy of celebration I will wear this hoody and reflect on this righteous cause.

http://i.imgur.com/IFO6q.gif

BigRedChief 10-24-2012 02:32 PM

Do they go up to BRC size's?

Dave Lane 10-24-2012 02:40 PM

Shouldn't the message be on the back so it looks black to the tv screen?

Also people walking behind could read it.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9045996)
Do they go up to BRC size's?

Guy told me they go up to 5X

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9045808)
Frustrated with the level of play and general direction of the Chiefs? Want to join the SaveOurChiefs movement and "Blackout Arrowhead?" Afraid to wear black and think you can't support the Chiefs?

You can order SaveOurChiefs black hoodie, long sleeve tee or short sleeve tee printed in CHIEFS team colors to support the team and players on Sunday, November 18 against the Bengals. Hoodies - $25, Long Sleeve - $20, Short Sleeve - $15. Call Sports Nutz @ (816) 923-7529 to reserve yours today! Reservations for product are being taken now. Actual gear will be in stores this weekend.

10% is donated back to us and we are donating 100% of remaining funds to charity at the end of the season.

Love this! :clap: I will buy a shirt tomorrow at Sports Nuts if they have it in 3-X.

BigRedChief 10-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9046027)
Guy told me they go up to 5X

I'm in. I'll wear it to watch the game in here in Tampa. Probably be more fun than watching the damn game.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9046017)

That would be my thought, especially for the runup to the game.

People behind you in the stands would see it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2012 02:55 PM

Chiefs fans FINALLY united in hate and frustration.

I have something in my eye...

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 03:03 PM

I will buy a hoodie in THE BIGGEST SIZE.

luv 10-24-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046040)
Love this! :clap: I will buy a shirt tomorrow at Sports Nuts if they have it in 3-X.

Good luck finding it tomorrow.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 03:05 PM

had to keep the costs decent with the unknown order total hence 1 side printing.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9046089)
had to keep the costs decent with the unknown order total hence 1 side printing.

But don't you think the 1-side would be better on the back? Especially for hoodies?

I mean its your world, but it will get a lot more views on the back, IMO (then again, maybe the hood gets in the way....I dunno, I'm not very bright).

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046084)
I will buy a hoodie in THE BIGGEST SIZE.

Please welcome Shaggy Shane to the board.

This guy has been in the trenches at Arrowhead since 1991.

-King- 10-24-2012 03:08 PM

Why the hell would it have the date on it? LMAO

oldandslow 10-24-2012 03:08 PM

just ordered a hoody...they will ship to SD

BossChief 10-24-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9046017)

That's exactly what I thought, too.

Maybe a small logo in the upper left on the front and the bigger one on the back for a better effect.

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9046095)
Please welcome Shaggy Shane to the board.

This guy has been in the trenches at Arrowhead since 1991.

Thank you so much. Love the movement this site has created.

BossChief 10-24-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046040)

Long time no see, man. We used to chat on the Coalition a number of years back.

Nice to see ya. Didn't you start a show or something a few years back?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046111)

Nice avatar. Another forum for us to chat I suppose. Glad to have you here. You got early avatar privs because I know you're a diehard. You're a great addition to the site.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046111)

Check your reputation btw. I want to make sure you know who I am on Facebook since this isn't our first meeting or anything.

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 03:20 PM

So Friday is the official first day?

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9046134)
Check your reputation btw. I want to make sure you know who I am on Facebook since this isn't our first meeting or anything.

BEAST! :clap:

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046144)
So Friday is the official first day?

Black Fridays would be cool, but right now my understanding is we're focused on blacking out the Bengals game on the 18th. That's our big focus.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 03:30 PM

Shaggy Shane, tell us all the story about the HARD HITTING GOOD TIMES KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.

Tell these people of the fan revolution of the 80s.

Tonka83 10-24-2012 03:43 PM

25 Bucks for a Hoodie is a damn good deal! In!

Mr. Flopnuts 10-24-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka83 (Post 9046178)
25 Bucks for a Hoodie is a damn good deal! In!

That's what I'm sayin. It's cost effective as a mother****er. You can't beat that for a Hoodie, and it's hoodie season. I'm excited to wear the shit out of it.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 03:46 PM

Make sure you all wear sunglasses when you don the hoodie of black death and take pictures.

We want to look like absolute badasses.

Chiefs316 10-24-2012 03:54 PM

I gave em my info, impatiently waiting for them to arrive...

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9046162)
Shaggy Shane, tell us all the story about the HARD HITTING GOOD TIMES KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.

Tell these people of the fan revolution of the 80s.

This is is how you hold your football team accountable. In late 1988 the Chiefs were steamrolling their way to a 4-11-1 season. Chiefs fans were angry so 810 KCMO Sports DJ ED BIELER said everyone needs to write a letter to Lamar Hunt and demand change. In 1988 The Chiefs had a radio jingle to sell tickets sung by the Kansas City's legandary Blues Vocalist Ida McBeth and it went HARD HITTING GOOD
TIMES KANSAS CITY CHIEFS... Well it was late in the 1988 season and Ed Bieler told everyone to bring signs to the stadium so Lamar could see their signs of unhappiness as well as the letters he was getting in the mail. Thousands of Chiefs fans showed up at Arrowhead that day and many had signs that read SOFT HITTING BAD TIMES KANSAS CITY CHUMPS... One week later Lamar Hunt fired GM Jim Shaff & VP-Jack Steadman. Of course Lamar hung onto Jack Steadman and moved him to a different spot in the orginization. Then the Chiefs hired Carl Peterson before the final game of the 1988 season. The rest was Chiefs history...We are ALL Chiefs fans and we demand a winning product. I totally support this decision for a fly over because Clark Hunt needs to see and experience the same thing his dad experienced. And Clark Hunt needs to see and hear the passion of the fans and make the change. We need a new regime. ... FIRE PIOLI!! Shaggy Shane

HailToThePriest 10-24-2012 04:32 PM

Just got off the phone with them, hoping to have a shirt overnighted in time for the Chargers-Chiefs game in San Diego. Even though it's a very miniscule chance, I want to try to get this shirt on NFL Network before the 18th.

Great job with this whole movement.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HailToThePriest (Post 9046293)
I want to try to get this shirt on NFL Network before the 18th.

NOW HERE'S A MAN WE CAN USE

Phobia 10-24-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9045816)
I know we don't love a lot of stickies, but this is a good one for now. If another mod hates it, feel free to undo it.

I just copied and pasted Marty's press release for Blackout Arrowhead into this thread. Don't think there's any need for 2 of them.

The Bad Guy 10-24-2012 05:02 PM

One of the proudest moments for me as a Chiefs fan.

bevischief 10-24-2012 05:37 PM

I will call tomorrow and get a few things. One to wear one to frame at the least.

007 10-24-2012 05:41 PM

how much is shipping?

BigRedChief 10-24-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyshane (Post 9046227)
This is is how you hold your football team accountable. In late 1988 the Chiefs were steamrolling their way to a 4-11-1 season. Chiefs fans were angry so 810 KCMO Sports DJ ED BIELER said everyone needs to write a letter to Lamar Hunt and demand change. In 1988 The Chiefs had a radio jingle to sell tickets sung by the Kansas City's legandary Blues Vocalist Ida McBeth and it went HARD HITTING GOOD
TIMES KANSAS CITY CHIEFS... Well it was late in the 1988 season and Ed Bieler told everyone to bring signs to the stadium so Lamar could see their signs of unhappiness as well as the letters he was getting in the mail. Thousands of Chiefs fans showed up at Arrowhead that day and many had signs that read SOFT HITTING BAD TIMES KANSAS CITY CHUMPS... One week later Lamar Hunt fired GM Jim Shaff & VP-Jack Steadman. Of course Lamar hung onto Jack Steadman and moved him to a different spot in the orginization. Then the Chiefs hired Carl Peterson before the final game of the 1988 season. The rest was Chiefs history...We are ALL Chiefs fans and we demand a winning product. I totally support this decision for a fly over because Clark Hunt needs to see and experience the same thing his dad experienced. And Clark Hunt needs to see and hear the passion of the fans and make the change. We need a new regime. ... FIRE PIOLI!! Shaggy Shane

How's my good friend? You should come and hang out more.

BigRedChief 10-24-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9046466)
how much is shipping?

sportznuts told me that it would be $12-15 to tampa.

007 10-24-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9046480)
sportznuts told me that it would be $12-15 to tampa.

damn thats high. Might have to see if I could send somebody in KC going to the game this sunday my money and they can drop my shirt off at Luv's tailgate.

BourbonMan 10-24-2012 06:14 PM

Can we get these at either store?...there is one in Legends and the one by the stadium.

jspchief 10-24-2012 06:26 PM

I envision sportnutz getting killed on this.

And they should be able to use those USPS 1 price ships anywhere boxes for a ****ton cheaper than $12-15

The Franchise 10-24-2012 07:10 PM

Yeah.....anyone want to pick me up one and cheap ship that shit to me?

AussieChiefsFan 10-24-2012 07:16 PM

:thumb:

KCUnited 10-24-2012 07:19 PM

The $12-15 to ship within he US has to be a misquote, that's some eBay rape. Not to be a downer.

shaggyshane 10-24-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9046474)
How's my good friend? You should come and hang out more.

Next time I am in Tampa Bay we will hang out bro. :BLVD:

jspchief 10-24-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9046728)
The $12-15 to ship within he US has to be a misquote, that's some eBay rape. Not to be a downer.

Seriously. I'll probably call to try and get one tomorrow, but I'm not sure I can justify paying $13 shipping on a $20 tshirt

BossChief 10-24-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9047000)
Seriously. I'll probably call to try and get one tomorrow, but I'm not sure I can justify paying $13 shipping on a $20 tshirt

How about paying 8 bucks in shipping on a 25 dollar shirt?

jspchief 10-24-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9047022)
How about paying 8 bucks in shipping on a 25 dollar shirt?

You almost slipped that one by me :spock:

NJChiefsFan 10-24-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9045958)
When will I wear it?

ROFLROFL

BossChief 10-24-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9047058)
You almost slipped that one by me :spock:

Corny jokes, don't like them?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-24-2012 11:45 PM

i'll talk to them about shipping tomorrow

jspchief 10-25-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9047433)
i'll talk to them about shipping tomorrow

Yeah I looked at some flat rate stuff and the $13 price tag may be accurate without things getting much more complicated. The cheaper flat rate box is likely too small. And deviating from flat rate could create a huge workload.

TimeForWasp 10-25-2012 05:01 AM

I wish I could be more part of this thing. All I could do is donate to it. I wish I was in the area to attend this game. I can't wait till I can go to a Chiefs game again.

chiefzilla1501 10-25-2012 09:01 AM

Is sports nutz promoting the shirts at the Raiders game? They should. Raises awareness and gets more people to actively buy black shirts for next week. for example, just a simple leaflet