ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd McShay Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267603)

ILChief 12-12-2012 03:05 PM

I hope they re-sign Dorsey if it keeps them from drafting DL. He may not be great but I'd rather have Dorsey at de and geno at QB then star whatever at de and Alex smith at qb

Frosty 12-12-2012 03:05 PM

Taking Star in the top 3 would be an even bigger reach than Jackson. Star is a big body but he doesn't really make a lot of plays (when the Beavers played Utah this year, we had our true Freshman center on him one and one and Star had one solo tackle). To take him in the top 3 means you think he is on par with Suh. I don't think he is even as good a DT as Stephen Paea was a couple of years ago and Paea went in the second round.

Buckweath 12-12-2012 03:07 PM

Chiefs fans say we should not reach on a QB that is not the best overall prospect but I'd take a Flacco, Freeman, Cutler prospect anyday over whatever defensive or offensive player in this draft.

Look at Big Ben, he probably wasn't a top 3 overall prospect in the 2004 draft but the guy fulfilled his potential and he's way more valuable than any position player drafted before him.

You take Geno Smith, if he fulfills his potential, he might make the Chiefs a perennial contender. If he fails, the team is probably not much worse if at all than if we had picked Lotulelei or whomever, and we just try again with another QB prospect with potential.

I'm amazed at how many people still don't see how much impact the QB has in today's game and also how much finding a future elite QB in round 2 and beyond is not only quite rare but also lucky.

BigMeatballDave 12-12-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9202915)
How on earth have we picked DL twice in the top 5 and once at 11 since 08 and we still need d linemen? Not to mention we run a 3-4 which only plays three linemen at a time

You almost have to laugh.

This kind of incompetency is beyond laughable.

ChiTown 12-12-2012 03:18 PM

When you are the Chiefs, there is no such thing as a reach, unless you decide to NOT pick a ****ing 1st round QB.

htismaqe 12-12-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9202911)
Luke Joekel is one of the better LT's to come out in the last few year.

No, he most certainly is not.

RealSNR 12-12-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9202911)
Jarvis Jones is a BAMF and Luke Joekel is one of the better LT's to come out in the last few year.

Having said that, I want a QB at 1 and nothing else. But those guys listed above are arguably the top talent in the class overall.

I'd rather have Kalil or even Tyron Smith than Joeckel.

And Jarvis Jones is a one-trick guy. His run defense is terrible. Not saying a pass rusher has to be COMPLETELY well-rounded, but his problem is that he's a sore liability. Teams that run at him WILL find success.

If Geno Smith shouldn't be drafted because he's not Andrew Luck, then Jarvis Jones is a far worse case of not being Von Miller.

Sofa King 12-12-2012 03:56 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6utE5APd4wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 12-12-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9203021)
I'd rather have Kalil or even Tyron Smith than Joeckel.

And Jarvis Jones is a one-trick guy. His run defense is terrible. Not saying a pass rusher has to be COMPLETELY well-rounded, but his problem is that he's a sore liability. Teams that run at him WILL find success.

If Geno Smith shouldn't be drafted because he's not Andrew Luck, then Jarvis Jones is a far worse case of not being Von Miller.

I think in the NFL today, just having a dominant pass rusher is key since stopping the pass is so important.

IMO Jarvis Jones is a guy who can get 15 sacks consistently. I know I'd take that if I was a team like the Jags.

Mr. Laz 12-12-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9202539)
what's it like wearing panties all day?

Silk ones feel really nice, thongs not so much.

what's it like when Sorter sticks his tongue up your ass at night?

O.city 12-12-2012 04:22 PM

If you take Jarvis jones, where you playing him? Tampa coming off the field? Houston?

RunKC 12-12-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9203155)
If you take Jarvis jones, where you playing him? Tampa coming off the field? Houston?

We won't take him and I don't want to, but man oh man can you imagine playing a 2-3-6 with Tamba, Houston and Jarvis in the stand up position on the line of scrimmage rushing the QB on 3rd down?

Holy shit that would be so insane.

gochiefss 12-12-2012 04:37 PM

I thin star is the right pick. Let's be honest, pioli isn't going to start this thing all over and overdraft a QB when there will be good experienced QB's like Alex Smith and Michael Vick available who can step in day one and help this team. This team needs to shore up its run D more than anything and star would help that. Excellent pick.

Bewbies 12-12-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9203187)
I thin star is the right pick. Let's be honest, pioli isn't going to start this thing all over and overdraft a QB when there will be good experienced QB's like Alex Smith and Michael Vick available who can step in day one and help this team. This team needs to shore up its run D more than anything and star would help that. Excellent pick.

Either a bad troll or a reeruned true fan, you make the call.

Chief Roundup 12-12-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9203155)

What is this Jones, a whole team or city? :Poke: