ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV -- ESPN - what do they do right? what do they do wrong? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214238)

Simply Red 09-16-2009 12:08 AM

-- ESPN - what do they do right? what do they do wrong?

Anything regarding ESPN (the channel) - marketing, stories, reporters, etc. etc...

but,

What do you like about the Network and what do you not like about them?

... discuss

Thanks in advance.

cdcox 09-16-2009 12:13 AM

Right: They show football games.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2009 12:16 AM

Wrong: They employ Herm.

RealSNR 09-16-2009 12:23 AM

Wrong: Jim Rome is Burning

KcKing 09-16-2009 12:24 AM

Right: They gave my brother a job.

Wrong: I didn't get one.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2009 12:27 AM

Right: The best NFL pregame show, hands down.

Right: They dumped Emmitt Smiff.

Wrong: They got rid of NFL primetime.

DaneMcCloud 09-16-2009 12:37 AM

They're a necessary evil.

Outside of actual sporting event broadcasts, they're essentially Talk Soup for sports.

In another word, worthless.

CoMoChief 09-16-2009 12:43 AM

Right: Sports 24/7

Wrong: Outrageously east coast biased media

RealSNR 09-16-2009 12:52 AM

I'm going to point out Jim Rome's show again as a wrong. That is the worst pile of shit I've ever seen broadcasted in my entire life. My question is why the **** is it still on? Who watches that reerun?

JuicesFlowing 09-16-2009 01:34 AM

Wrong: Mortimer
Wrong: Chris Berman
Wrong: Their absolute and sickly love affair with the Dallas Cowboys

BWillie 09-16-2009 01:39 AM

Right: They have a billion networks. ESPN1, ESPN 2, ESPN U, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, ESPN Deportes...I'm sure I'm missing some like ESPN Tom Brady or something. They do a great job of hyping games and marketing sports in general. They have a few really good analysts like Peter Gammons, Doug Gottlieb, Jay Bilas, Kirk Herbstreit, Ron Jaworski, Tim Legler, etc.

Wrong: They employ to many ex-jocks with not enough broadcasting experience. With that said, because ESPN has so much power to nap many NFL legends, the ex-jocks attract ratings because you want to know what they have to say.

Silock 09-16-2009 01:42 AM

The only thing they do right is show games.

What they do wrong is everything else. They cater to only Northeast teams, suck the dick of anyone that's remotely popular, and bottle entertainment and sell it as news.

They just need to stick to showing games and forget the stupid hyping they do. They won't, though.

BWillie 09-16-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6077491)
The only thing they do right is show games.

What they do wrong is everything else. They cater to only Northeast teams, suck the dick of anyone that's remotely popular, and bottle entertainment and sell it as news.

They just need to stick to showing games and forget the stupid hyping they do. They won't, though.

Well, the east coast bias is true - they hype games in the midwest and pacific coast too. Have you ever watched Fox Sports edition of sportscenter? It is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen.

Mecca 09-16-2009 01:54 AM

It's not because it's Northeast that it gets hyped more...they cover the teams that have the most fans it's about ratings. The Northeast has a giant population.

Friendo 09-16-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6077477)
I'm going to point out Jim Rome's show again as a wrong. That is the worst pile of shit I've ever seen broadcasted in my entire life. My question is why the **** is it still on? Who watches that reerun?

agreed!

casting couch? gotta be...