ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

penbrook 06-19-2013 04:47 PM

@The Bad Guy. Have you heard any news on Vonta Leach

The Bad Guy 06-19-2013 04:48 PM

I know I posted that the Chiefs wouldn't have to cut anyone to fit Bishop or Leach, but Eric Fisher isn't signed yet and I didn't factor that into the numbers.

They have about 3.7 million under the cap right now to spend. They could create additional money by extending Albert (not likely right now), cutting Moeaki (saves 1.2 million), and it's been rumored that Alex Smith has offered to reduce his number down, but that should be a last resort because he'll get something extra do to that.

Dorsey will have to get creative to get Bishop, Leach and Fisher all here.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9763135)
Yes. He would make our LB Corps the best in the NFL..

He would make them really good, but they aren't better than SF. No way.

penbrook 06-19-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9763141)
I know I posted that the Chiefs wouldn't have to cut anyone to fit Bishop or Leach, but Eric Fisher isn't signed yet and I didn't factor that into the numbers.

They have about 3.7 million under the cap right now to spend. They could create additional money by extending Albert (not likely right now), cutting Moeaki (saves 1.2 million), and it's been rumored that Alex Smith has offered to reduce his number down, but that should be a last resort because he'll get something extra do to that.

I think we only get either Bishop or Leach but not both.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9763145)
I think we only get either Bishop or Leach but not both.

They can definitely get both but they have to be creative.

Hootie 06-19-2013 04:53 PM

lets just not sign Fisher

milkman 06-19-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9763141)

Isn't the rookie salary pool already considered when they talk about cap space?

penbrook 06-19-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9763149)
They can definitely get both but they have to be creative.

Some contracts will have to be restructured

The Bad Guy 06-19-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763154)
Isn't the rookie salary pool already considered when they talk about cap space?

I don't believe so. I use Overthecap.com for figures and they don't list Fisher yet.

I could be wrong though.

milkman 06-19-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9763160)
I don't believe so. I use Overthecap.com for figures and they don't list Fisher yet.

I could be wrong though.

I thought that teams kept a separate pool for rookie salaries, and added contract numbers of rookie signings to the overall cap when they are completed.

I also could be wrong.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763168)
I thought that teams kept a separate pool for rookie salaries, and added contract numbers of rookie signings to the overall cap when they are completed.

I also could be wrong.

They do get a rookie pool, but that rookie pool has to fit into the overall cap.

Since Fisher's deal structure isn't known yet, they can't factor him in.

Although, the Chiefs are likely going to need more than 3.7 million to sign Fisher alone so who the hell knows.

penbrook 06-19-2013 05:05 PM

GM Dave Caldwell "#Jaguars has definite interest in LB Desmond Bishop and we will monitoring his situation very closely. #Jaguars

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-19-2013 05:05 PM

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Cap room: $3.5 million

What does it mean? The Chiefs have had a great offseason, but there is little cap room left. The Chiefs have to sign No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher. They are also reportedly hosting linebacker Desmond Bishop this week. The Chiefs may need to restructure a deal or two to get a little more room.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Urc Burry 06-19-2013 05:07 PM

Gut tells me when get Bishop.. I would doubt we would get Leach with him

DaneMcCloud 06-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9763176)
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Cap room: $3.5 million

What does it mean? The Chiefs have had a great offseason, but there is little cap room left. The Chiefs have to sign No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher. They are also reportedly hosting linebacker Desmond Bishop this week. The Chiefs may need to restructure a deal or two to get a little more room.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Hali's on the books for $15 million this season, Eric Berry's on the books for $10 million-plus.

The Chiefs could easily restructure Hali by converting part of his salary into a signing bonus (which would allow it to be spread over the remaining years) or do the same with Berry.

Either way, I doubt the Chiefs are interviewing both players knowing that they can't eventually sign them.