ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I've never seen a delay of game penalty that shouldn't have been called (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335478)

suzzer99 12-06-2020 10:28 PM

That was the quickest trigger on delay of game I’ve ever seen.

BossChief 12-06-2020 10:29 PM

In the same game as a touchdown catch isn’t called a TD catch after never touching the ground.

Weird game.

Indian Chief 12-06-2020 10:29 PM

How many times over the years have you seen the clock hit zero and then the ball gets snapped, with no flag? And when it's brought up in the broadcast, they explain it by saying the ref has to watch the clock and then when he sees zero, he shifts his eyes to the snap. In that second or so, the ball is usually in the QB's hands and they don't call a penalty. So how the **** do you explain throwing a flag and blowing the whistle while there is still actual time on the goddamn clock?

Shiver Me Timbers 12-06-2020 10:29 PM

need black op to chime in but I am thinking the star chamber does not want a chiefs repeat

FloridaMan88 12-06-2020 10:30 PM

Every WTF moment went against the Chiefs tonight and they won.

Crazy shit like the non challenge.

But in the end... Mahomes.

KCUnited 12-06-2020 10:31 PM

Looked like blackops to me

siberian khatru 12-06-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 15377927)
How many times over the years have you seen the clock hit zero and then the ball gets snapped, with no flag? And when it's brought up in the broadcast, they explain it by saying the ref has to watch the clock and then when he sees zero, he shifts his eyes to the snap. In that second or so, the ball is usually in the QB's hands and they don't call a penalty. So how the **** do you explain throwing a flag and blowing the whistle while there is still actual time on the goddamn clock?

Happened in the Super Bowl

Bwana 12-06-2020 10:31 PM

They tried to horse **** us, but Butner was the man.

DaFace 12-06-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 15377883)
Did they ever switch back over to the stadium clocks? I know they started keeping time on the field at one point. Wonder if that is what it was. NBCs graphic wasn't the actual clock

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That's POSSIBLE. I'd love to know if that was the case because it's the only explanation that makes some level of sense.

TLO 12-06-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15377931)
Every WTF moment went against the Chiefs tonight and they won.

Crazy shit like the non challenge.

But in the end... Mahomes.

There were some very odd moments. Not all officiating related by any means either.

But these guys still find a way to win.

chiefzilla1501 12-06-2020 10:32 PM

As I said in the other thread... Think I might scream if people keep bitching about butker missing 1 point XPs when he's been damn near automatic on crucial 3 pt FGs. Guy is an absolute killer.

493rd 12-06-2020 10:33 PM

Inexcusable and that one kinda felt egregious. NFL better reprimand those assholes.

Rain Man 12-06-2020 10:33 PM

Those are the types of things that really damage credibility.

If they were keeping time on the field, I guess I can see it being a legitimate error or miscommunication. But they need to explain that if it happened, and I question whether that's the case. The Chiefs were clearly running down the play clock before the snap and they were all shocked at the call out on the field. So they were looking at a clock when they snapped it.

SupDock 12-06-2020 10:33 PM

I don't know how something like that isn't reviewable.

I mean I get it, it's a little bit subjective when they blow the whistle after the clock hit zero, but the clock never hit zero

Just bizarre

Dayze 12-06-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15377885)
That was next level ref incompetence. Almost beautifully bad

So incompetent it’s almost intentional