ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340576)

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:14 PM

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

"broken" "abomination" "Rick Ankiel"

These are all words that people used to describe Patrick ****ing Mahomes tonight. I mean, are you listening to yourselves? Rick ****ING Ankiel?????

Look, I'm not going to pretend like he's been himself all year. He's not seeing the field as well as usual, he's struggling to trust his OL and occasionally scrambling out of clean pockets, he's missing some throws, some of those turnovers have actually been his fault and not just the receivers being unable to hold onto the ****in ball.

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

What you DO know, based on a 3 season sample size, is that he's the greatest QB through ~50 games in NFL history. You know that he's won multiple comeback playoff games, two AFC titles, and a Super Bowl. You even know (or at least you ****ing should, unless you've been too busy moaning to actually read anything), that by most metrics he's actually been pretty good overall this season. His "turnover worthy" plays are actually DOWN from past years. He's #4 in the league in touchdowns. His TD% is identical to last season and higher that 2019. Before Tennessee, which is easily the biggest outlier of his career including the other "bad" games this season, he was leading one of the most efficient offenses of all time in terms of points per drive — yes, better than 2018. I know it doesn't feel that way because so many guys on this team (including, yes, Patrick himself on a few occasions) can't hold onto the ****ing ball. But that's the ****ing truth.

If he were moping during press conferences or lashing out on social media, I might give a little bit more credence to the narrative that he's moments away from a nervous breakdown. Not very much, but a little bit. But he's not. He's being honest (almost to a fault) about his role in the team's struggles and projecting confidence that he can turn it around. What more can he possibly do to convince some of you losers to hold onto a bit of that confidence yourselves? Does he need to go back in time and miraculously heal Schwartz and Fisher and win that Super Bowl? Should he just commit seppuku at midfield? What do you want??

Patrick Mahomes is not broken. He's slumping. Every QB slumps occasionally. Not every QB calls having the 4th best QBR (64.1) and 6th best EPA (46.3, just above the dreaded Aaron Rodgers) a ****ing slump. Personally, even after 8 underwhelming-to-miserable games and a 4-4 record, I'm gonna give the kid a little more leeway before calling for him to be committed to the god damn psych ward. I think he's earned at least that much.

Kman34 11-01-2021 10:16 PM

Maybe the matchup against Rogers will motivate him... Or maybe not..

BryanBusby 11-01-2021 10:17 PM

The play calling is up|down but the biggest problem this year is dudes just aren't getting open like they used to.

Pat does great when he scrambles to an open receiver. Right now it's not reliable.

RollChiefsRoll 11-01-2021 10:17 PM

Amen. I, for one, am really ****ing glad the Chiefs are going through this rough patch with #15 at the helm.

Bearcat 11-01-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15927996)

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

Yeah, the general thoughts on any of the theories range from "well, maybe" to complete idiocy... and so many are the latter.

suzzer99 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

He's not broken. But he is slumping for the first time in his career.

We thought he was immune to slumping. So this is a little shocking.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15928004)
Maybe the matchup against Rogers will motivate him... Or maybe not..

Yeah, I don't think it's a question of motivation. He's plenty motivated. I think his biggest problem is that he doesn't trust his guys right now. That's something that both he and said guys need to continue working on. The receivers need to get the **** open more and the OL needs to hold up more consistently. Patrick needs to find the receivers when they get open and stay calm when the OL does hold up.

Next week I honestly think it's a coin flip whether we see another big disappointment or the best ****ing game of the year. Too many people are acting like it's Anton Chigurh flipping the coin.

TribalElder 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

https://twitter.com/jewellhawks/stat...73728511049729

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:26 PM

He's antsy as shit in the pocket. He's impatient because the big play has always been there...mix him trying to still get those plays with 2 OTs thar aren't premier pass blockers and here's where we are.

The Franchise 11-01-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15928048)

You’re going to talk shit about Mahomes and you can’t embed a ****ing tweet?

TribalElder 11-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15928062)
You’re going to talk shit about Mahomes and you can’t embed a ****ing tweet?

Not talking shit
Can’t embed on mobile

Hoover 11-01-2021 10:28 PM

Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

PattyFlakes 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

He’s not broken, but he is pressing for sure. Getting frustrated that the big plays aren’t there, and that the line isn’t protecting like they should. Great players go through rough patches, it’s inevitable. I think the kid has the demeanor to get through this and be better for it..

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Fun fact - Mahomes has 10 INTs so far this season. One less than he had the last two regular seasons combined.

lcarus 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928045)
Yeah, I don't think it's a question of motivation. He's plenty motivated. I think his biggest problem is that he doesn't trust his guys right now.

It's this right here. Basically all new, young offensive line. They've done great at times and other times they've shit the bed. That's to be expected and I think it will get better with more games under their belt. Mahomes will benefit from that time with them as well.

As far as the receivers, with all the crazy tipped passes, dropped balls, fumbles, and random crazy shit that somehow results in a turnover every other possession, it's gotten in Mahomes head. That will also get better with time. I mean it ****ing has to right? This shit's insane. This team was one of the best in the league at not turning the football over. For several years. Now all of a sudden they're turning it over on a 1/4 of their possessions? Crazy.