ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Fat Elvis 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9271262)
Got an email from someone that writes a paid column on the web that said Reid has told AZ he wont be coming for the interview.

BOO. (Not on you BRC). I really wanted Chip Kelly.

DeezNutz 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Got an email from someone that writes a paid column on the web that said Reid has told AZ he wont be coming for the interview.

maybe the dude is just trying to get out in front of a story to further his career????

Athan?

BradBigglestein 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9271251)
Be honest.

Should we be excited about Andy Reid becoming the HC of the Chiefs?

I think so. While I was excited to get rid of him, it wasn't because he was a bad coach. Having the same guy for 14 years got old and it just wasn't working anymore. But he is a good and proven winning coach and KC hasn't won a lot recently, so I think it would be a good hire.

CHENZ A! 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Deal is done?

dirk digler 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9271248)
No, I'm not. This isn't 2005 with the Eagles coming off four NFC championship games and a Super Bowl loss. They've won the division twice in eight years, lost seven or more games five times. I don't see anything in that that gives me a great deal of optimism or hope. That's just mediocre football. And now he's been handed literally everything he could possibly want for two years and the team's gotten markedly worse. I think the game's passed him by.

And just in a general sense I'd rather go any direction other than a retread coach.

But if it does end up being him, I hope it works out, of course.

I am with you keg. We maybe alone on this island but I think this is a horrible hire. Just horrible....

SAUTO 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9271261)
Did commonsense forget he's scheduled to go to AZ tomorrow?

It may very well be that he's using AZ to gain interest from other teams. Or it may be that he's using other teams to get more from AZ. Remember that Reid didn't fly to KC? KC flew to Reid.

Everyone wants to believe that he's doing to all because he wants to be in KC when there's no proof.

The game can be played either way.

No but commonsense did say he was supposed to depart for Arizona several times and someone on the ground says he hasn't.

Hell tons of reports said he was interviewing there today.

Did he put them off to hear from us?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cmd'r&Chief 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Sorry, New to the forums....Is this poster legit? Or FOS ?

-King- 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

http://profootballmock.com/wp-conten...LAST-FINAL.png
Posted via Mobile Device

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9271239)
Yeah. Reid's agent is there, and the Chiefs plane is there. This deal is just about done. Reid is the new coach of The Kansas City Chiefs.

http://images.wikia.com/victorious/i...ke_dog_gif.gif

jd1020 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9271271)
BOO. (Not on you BRC). I really wanted Chip Kelly.

That dream probably should have died when Clark laid out his criteria for the new HC.

BigRedChief 01-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9271268)
Is this trustworthy?

no idea. First email I've ever got from him.

Chief Roundup 01-02-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

maybe the dude is just trying to get out in front of a story to further his career????

At all or just a postponement to tomorrow?

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9271278)
I am with you keg. We maybe alone on this island but I think this is a horrible hire. Just horrible....

I wasn't on board at first either, then I saw all of the guys we were supposed to be interviewing and my eyes, ears and tone perked up real fast like..I'll love me some Andy Reid for a bit.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020
Everyone wants to believe that he's doing this all because he wants to be in KC when there's no proof.

Um, no. That's not at all what is going on. People are speculating about both sides of the story.

notorious 01-02-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9271276)
I think so. While I was excited to get rid of him, it wasn't because he was a bad coach. Having the same guy for 14 years got old and it just wasn't working anymore. But he is a good and proven winning coach and KC hasn't won a lot recently, so I think it would be a good hire.

I thought so. It's just like when Marty got fired here. I knew he would do good in Washington (they fired him right when things started rolling) and San Diego.