ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

jd1020 01-02-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9269807)
What is pioli's incentive under that scenario? He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

5-7M for the next 3 or so years?

Brock 01-02-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269804)
Again, who's making personnel decisions? Who's negotiating free agents?

What has Pioli done in four years here that garners any of this?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269804)
Again, who's making personnel decisions? Who's negotiating free agents?

What has Pioli done in four years here that garners any of this?

Don't know, don't know, and don't know.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

If I'm Reid I get on that plane to Arizona and say I'm going to talk w them cause they don't have a pioli

Including Pioli in the coach meetings does mean that people can just blame Pioli if no coach wants any part of this mess

TEX 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9269796)
I can TOTALLY see Pioli being here in 2013. I'm just not going to get hung up on it until it's confirmed that he is.

If he's Director of Pro Personnel under a head coach like Reid, who has veto power, it's not anything remotely close to what he is now.

:clap: But...but..but...you've been saying all along that Pioli was gone when the season ended. While SOME OF US have been saying all along that Pioli would be here in 2013. And you laughed when we did so...:rolleyes:

Welcome to the right side of reality my friend...Always room for your wit on the right side of an issue.

O.city 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9269806)
If the new HC is going to help Hunt with the decision on Pioli.....why wouldn't you want him there in the interview?

You think they seriously talked about whether or not he would work with Pioli right in front of his face?

FlaChief58 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Pioli gets to make the first #1 overall pick in Chiefs history.....just let that soak in for a minute

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9269807)
What is pioli's incentive under that scenario? He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

His incentive? How about getting to ride out a $20M+ contract?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 05:20 PM

Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoe

If I'm Reid I get on that plane to Arizona and say I'm going to talk w them cause they don't have a pioli

siberian khatru 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269818)
You think they seriously talked about whether or not he would work with Pioli right in front of his face?

Maybe he wanted to see how long it took Reid to tell Pioli to **** off.

FAX 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

Man, oh man ...

If it's true that Clark is conducting these coaching interviews with Pioli present, I'm both confused and disgusted. It makes absolutely no sense based on what Clark was saying yesterday ... or implying, at least.

Tricked again. I stood up for Clark. I believed what "I thought he was saying" in terms of his embarrassment and disappointment. Clearly, there's only one person responsible for this debacle and he brings him along on new coaching interviews? It makes no sense and makes me feel stupid and look worse for supporting his statements of yesterday.

There's always the possibility that Pioli has convinced Clark that the coaches haven't been forthright enough in making their personnel needs known. He may have made that argument, but I wouldn't believe it to be true. And if Clark were to buy that bullcrap, it doesn't speak well of his ability to formulate an independent thought.

Yesterday, I thought the Pioli question was all about money. Today, (if these reports are true) it looks like we're right back in the confusing mess we started out in.

FAX

Reaper16 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

This makes be believe less in the "Clark talked to Peyton" thing. Because if Peyton Manning did tell Clark that Pioli has a terrible reputation around the league...why bring Pioli into the interview with Andy Reid? Reid won't be able to be completely honest in that interview with a pariah-like Scott Pioli in the room.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269818)

We're supposed to accept all of these negative assumptions but nothing even remotely positive could possibly be true, right?

The Franchise 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

React to this possibility: Reid is head coach and pioli stays on

-King- 01-02-2013 05:21 PM

If I were you guys, I would be more happy about a 9 hr meeting with Reid AND his agent than mad about Pioli being there.