ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quality journalists (and similar media roles) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323865)

DaFace 07-12-2019 10:34 AM

Quality journalists (and similar media roles)

Since we're bitching about the media everywhere these days, I thought it would be nice to also acknowledge the people who have done a nice job of covering this whole ordeal. Terez comes to mind, but I bet we can come up with a dozen people who have actually done a pretty good job.

So, who are your current go to sources?

O.city 07-12-2019 10:35 AM

Alex Jones mostly

Eleazar 07-12-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14345052)
Alex Jones mostly

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 07-12-2019 10:38 AM

For Chiefs coverage?

Terez of course, and Nate Taylor of The Athletic.

Halfcan 07-12-2019 10:49 AM

Len Dawson has always been hard but fair on the Chiefs.

DJ's left nut 07-12-2019 10:53 AM

Terez, Nate Taylor, Craig Stout, Keysor is decent if you don't just accept everything at face value (he's kinda like Clay - interesting but requires critical reading to get the most out of; excellent source of data that needs to be challenged on occasion).

Arrowhead Addict is okay but nothing that a lot of us here couldn't do if we put the time in.

Honestly, the best source of information is probably this board because it tends to filter out the bullshit and we get to examine things on their own for what their worth amongst ourselves. I get more from using an article as a starting point for further discussion around here than I get from the articles themselves.

AdolfOliverBush 07-12-2019 10:56 AM

Nick Wright.

O.city 07-12-2019 10:56 AM

Terez and Taylor

End

Chief Northman 07-12-2019 10:58 AM

Paylor, Taylor and Nick Jacobs.

OnTheWarpath15 07-12-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14345099)
Terez, Nate Taylor, Craig Stout, Keysor is decent if you don't just accept everything at face value (he's kinda like Clay - interesting but requires critical reading to get the most out of; excellent source of data that needs to be challenged on occasion).

Arrowhead Addict is okay but nothing that a lot of us here couldn't do if we put the time in.

Honestly, the best source of information is probably this board because it tends to filter out the bullshit and we get to examine things on their own for what their worth amongst ourselves. I get more from using an article as a starting point for further discussion around here than I get from the articles themselves.

Looks like I have a new feed to follow in Craig Stout...

Dante84 07-12-2019 10:59 AM

For actual news - breaking news:

Terez Paylor
Nate Taylor

annnnnd that's it.

Chief Northman 07-12-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14345110)
Looks like I have a new feed to follow in Craig Stout...

Stout does a nice job with film breakdown. Was ok with pre-draft analysis.
Just ignore his soccer fandom....

DJ's left nut 07-12-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14345116)
Stout does a nice job with film breakdown. Was ok with pre-draft analysis.
Just ignore his soccer fandom....

Keysor will show me clips of things I didn't see.

Stout will show me details that I flat didn't know. Keysor will oftentimes inform me of something but Stout will occasionally educate me on it.

I think that's really the biggest distinction between the two. Keysor rarely gives me a different perspective, he just gives me the visuals and the spadework to break things down better. Stout, OTOH, will go beyond that.

DaFace 07-12-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14345109)
Paylor, Taylor and Nick Jacobs.

Does Jacobs put out content other than the podcast and TV news? I like the 4th and 1 podcast a lot, but I don't get local stations, so I don't really see him much aside from Twitter.

I do like him though.

Rain Man 07-12-2019 11:12 AM

I'm not educated enough on individual journalists, I guess. I assume they're all competent, whether I agree with them or not, unless something happens to destroy my faith in them.

It's like acting in a movie. I can't generally identify whether an actor is great or just competent. I just know that they're good enough. They only stand out to me when they're not good.