ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So Mahomes and Mayfield are both legit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317788)

RedRaider56 10-01-2018 12:36 PM

The way Mayfield looked yesterday reminded me of his freshman year at Texas Tech. He was affectionately known as Mayfumble.

DRM08 10-01-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 13778163)
The way Mayfield looked yesterday reminded me of his freshman year at Texas Tech. He was affectionately known as Mayfumble.

Yeah, I want to see him against some defenses with good pass rush but it looks like they have a pretty soft schedule the rest of the year.

He had 4 turnovers yesterday against a crappy Raiders defense and I bet a lot of the media will make excuses for him. Meanwhile they would hammer Mahomes for the same thing because it confirms their little false narrative that Mahomes is a turnover machine.

RedRaider56 10-01-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13778193)
Yeah, I want to see him against some defenses with good pass rush but it looks like they have a pretty soft schedule the rest of the year.

He had 4 turnovers yesterday against a crappy Raiders defense and I bet a lot of the media will make excuses for him. Meanwhile they would hammer Mahomes for the same thing because it confirms their little false narrative that Mahomes is a turnover machine.

I already heard them saying "It was Mayfield's 1st real start etc..etc..."
I'm like really? Mahomes has had 4 starts and doesn't have 4 turnovers...give me a break..

DRM08 10-01-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 13778208)
I already heard them saying "It was Mayfield's 1st real start etc..etc..."
I'm like really? Mahomes has had 4 starts and doesn't have 4 turnovers...give me a break..

Just looked at the drive chart and it was worse than I thought watching it. The 4 turnovers led to a 24 point swing in the Raiders favor. Obviously the pick 6 was terrible, but the two fumbles were both inside the Browns 20 and both led to TD's for the Raiders. The interception at the end cost them a game-winning field goal.

Best22 10-01-2018 02:54 PM

Cleveland would likely be 4-0 if Mahomes was their QB

Chris Meck 10-01-2018 03:01 PM

I still like Mayfield a lot. I think he's got a much worse offensive cast than Mahomes, and he's a true rookie. I think the Mahomes struggles the national media keeps expecting would've happened some last year, but the year of learning on the bench helped a LOT. I still expect Mayfield to become one of the better QB's in the league in time. And they're going to win some games this year.

DRM08 10-01-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13778601)
I still like Mayfield a lot. I think he's got a much worse offensive cast than Mahomes, and he's a true rookie. I think the Mahomes struggles the national media keeps expecting would've happened some last year, but the year of learning on the bench helped a LOT. I still expect Mayfield to become one of the better QB's in the league in time. And they're going to win some games this year.

I do think he will learn from that game yesterday, at least you would expect him to learn from it. I like his potential a lot more than the other big name QB's in the 2018 Draft. I think he has more of a "fighter" aspect in his game and he is more accurate with the ball than the others. Arm is plenty strong too.

Chris Meck 10-01-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13778620)
I do think he will learn from that game yesterday, at least you would expect him to learn from it. I like his potential a lot more than the other big name QB's in the 2018 Draft. I think he has more of a "fighter" aspect in his game and he is more accurate with the ball than the others. Arm is plenty strong too.

Yeah. He's just got 'IT'.

Chief Roundup 10-01-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13778568)
Cleveland would likely be 4-0 if Mahomes was their QB

If they had a kicker they would have won 2 more games this season.

JoeyChuckles 10-01-2018 04:48 PM

Recent QBs that Chiefsplanet said were legit based on their first few starts (many of these are still undecided):

Kaepernick
RGIII
Garoppolo
Prescott
Watson
Tannehill
Winston
Simien
Geno Smith
Darnold
Weeden
Gabbert

cmh6476 12-08-2022 10:39 PM

I'd say so

jerryaldini 12-08-2022 10:49 PM

Good thing Denver didn't pick him up. He's legit!

RaidersOftheCellar 12-09-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13778625)
Yeah. He's just got 'IT'.

Does he?