ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

Phobia 06-08-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824452)
Anyone with an ounce of experience and knowledge on the subject realizes that Jon Stephens' explanation of what took place is a load of shit.

You simply don't invest $500,000 into a soundsystem without also putting safety features in place to protect it. Compressors, limiters, etc. I'm sorry, but after having 12 hours to circle the wagons that was the lamest excuse he could've come up with.

Okay, I'll defer to your $500,000 sound system experience.

Are you suggesting that maybe they booked DJ Jazzy Jeff expecting some Winger cover songs? "She's only seventeeeeeeeeeeen, Daddy says she's too young but she's old enough for me!"

wild1 06-08-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5824455)
It sounds like a communication problem between Jazzy Jeff and the P&L people more than anything.

Probably. They could have walked off in a huff, been too proud to come back on, and then they have to cover themselves. "They kicked us off for playing hip hop..."

Sorry, but that doesn't wash. Like what they wanted was for the show to end early and have an angry crowd on their hands and a mountain of bad publicity. They aren't idiots. They have nothing to gain by doing that.

wild1 06-08-2009 08:50 AM

By the way, this would be funnier if they had thrown him out of KC Live like Uncle Phil used to throw him out of the front door.

Dayze 06-08-2009 08:51 AM

probably just a case of people complaining for the sake of complaining. P & L and DJ JJ etc.

Dayze 06-08-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 5824467)
By the way, this would be funnier if they had thrown him out of KC Live like Uncle Phil used to throw him out of the front door.

LMAOLMAO

blaise 06-08-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824452)
Anyone with an ounce of experience and knowledge on the subject realizes that Jon Stephens' explanation of what took place is a load of shit.

You simply don't invest $500,000 into a soundsystem without also putting safety features in place to protect it. Compressors, limiters, etc. I'm sorry, but after having 12 hours to circle the wagons that was the lamest excuse he could've come up with.

Yes it's much more plausible to assume he booked Jazzy Jeff and then after he had people in the club and the show started decided he didn't want any hip-hop music being played.

Okeydokey.

Obviously it was a grand racial conspiracy this guy took weeks setting up, just to get at the wildly famous DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Micjones 06-08-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5824458)
Why would you book a hip hop artist only to boot him off mid set because you dont like the type of music he plays? Doesnt compute??

Cordish didn't book Jazzy Jeff.
I know the promoter who did...personally.

Micjones 06-08-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5824479)
Yes it's much more plausible to assume he booked Jazzy Jeff and then after he had people in the club and the show started decided he didn't want any hip-hop music being played.

Okeydokey.

Obviously it was a grand racial conspiracy this guy took weeks setting up, just to get at the wildly famous DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Oh Blaise...
You're always so misinformed.

Again...
Cordish DID NOT book Jazzy Jeff.

blaise 06-08-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824492)
Oh Blaise...
You're always so misinformed.

Again...
Cordish DID NOT book Jazzy Jeff.

And apparently had no idea who would be playing there either. I don't go down there but someone let me know if they ever play Rhianna or Jay Z music. If they play them on other nights then it pretty much blows Jazzy Jeff's argument to hell.

Demonpenz 06-08-2009 09:04 AM

why would the book a crap dj and if they didn't want that style music

Micjones 06-08-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5824500)
And apparently had no idea who would be playing there either. I don't go down there but someone let me know if they ever play Rhianna or Jay Z music. If they play them on other nights then it pretty much blows Jazzy Jeff's argument to hell.

Not 5 minutes ago you were certain that Cordish had personally booked DJJJ for the KC Live performance. I'm sure now you're certain that Cordish officials were aware of who Jeff Townes was and what his playlist would comprise. Got it.
:rolleyes:

KCL typically does not entertain Rap acts of ANY kind.

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 09:12 AM

If his name as George Smith would thay have booked him...or thrown him out?

and another thing, Power and Light. Is there a power plant there or something? Do they have tours?

stevieray 06-08-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5824517)
If his name as George Smith would thay have booked him...or thrown him out?

and another thing, Power and Light. Is there a power plant there or something? Do they have tours?

KC Power and Light bulidng downtown ...14th and Baltimore.

My mom worked at IBM across the street for 30 years

Nzoner 06-08-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5824506)
why would the book a crap dj and if they didn't want that style music

Since there's so much speculation in this thread how about this angle....

P&L booked the act knowing exactly what they were getting and upon hearing about all this so called racial profiling going on Jazzy J and his posse decided to pull this stunt to try and stick it to the white man knowing the bad press it would create.

Either way I could give 2 shits,I don't much care for the place except that Gordon Biersch brew pub,damn tasty beers there.

Demonpenz 06-08-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 5824523)
Since there's so much speculation in this thread how about this angle....

P&L booked the act knowing exactly what they were getting and upon hearing about all this so called racial profiling going on Jazzy J and his posse decided to pull this stunt to try and stick it to the white man knowing the bad press it would create.

Either way I could give 2 shits,I don't much care for the place except that Gordon Biersch brew pub,damn tasty beers there.

yeah I don't actually know I am just throwing passing dumb comments. I would defer to MicJones he seems to be the most plugged in. on a tee/