ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

blaise 06-08-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824508)
Not 5 minutes ago you were certain that Cordish had personally booked DJJJ for the KC Live performance. I'm sure now you're certain that Cordish officials were aware of who Jeff Townes was and what his playlist would comprise. Got it.
:rolleyes:

KCL typically does not entertain Rap acts of ANY kind.

I don't remember ever saying Cordish at all. And I didn't ask if they typically booked rap acts. I asked if they play hip hop music.

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 5824522)
KC Power and Light bulidng downtown ...14th and Baltimore.

My mom worked at IBM across the street for 30 years

Thats very cool. Too bad downtown sucks these days. I bet she saw KC in a good time to be in the city.

KCUnited 06-08-2009 09:19 AM

Why wouldn't ol boy turn it down, they get paid no matter what the volume level.

I could care less, but my speculation is they didn't have a problem with Rhianna and that other crap, but when the scary MC starting hyping they pulled the plug. I'm sure more will be coming out as it plays.

cmh6476 06-08-2009 09:27 AM

jazzy shoulda called up his old pal freddy kreuger

Mr. Plow 06-08-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 5824424)
That is just DUMB! Hate to turn this into a race thread but ignorance is ignorance. And you wonder why black people play victim... It's because YOU think we're nothing but government assisted filth. You're THAT GUY that fuels the issues with your stereotypes! You're too young to be THAT ignorant.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Micjones 06-08-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 5824460)
Okay, I'll defer to your $500,000 sound system experience.

Don't take my word for it.
Do some research.

I've had experience with soundsystems that expensive though.
Hell... Anyone who invests 1% of what Cordish has, into their PA, would be foolish not to put such features in place.

Quote:

Are you suggesting that maybe they booked DJ Jazzy Jeff expecting some Winger cover songs? "She's only seventeeeeeeeeeeen, Daddy says she's too young but she's old enough for me!"
Who is they?

Micjones 06-08-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 5824523)
Since there's so much speculation in this thread how about this angle....

P&L booked the act knowing exactly what they were getting and upon hearing about all this so called racial profiling going on Jazzy J and his posse decided to pull this stunt to try and stick it to the white man knowing the bad press it would create.

And they stand to gain exactly what from pulling such a stunt?
Jazzy Jeff lives in Philadelphia.
Boy I tell ya...

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5824535)
but my speculation is they didn't have a problem with Rhianna and that other crap, but when the scary MC starting hyping they pulled the plug.

The more i think about it, this could have been what happened.

Thats what this other storys says. They strayed from the requested "Top 40" playlist.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1238957.html

Lzen 06-08-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

~ Thought you were better than that.

ROFL That was your first mistake.

Micjones 06-08-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5824587)
The more i think about it, this could have been what happened.

Thats what this other storys says. They strayed from the requested "Top 40" playlist.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1238957.html

Cordish head Jon Stephens said nothing at all about Jeff straying from a set playlist.

Micjones 06-08-2009 09:50 AM

Cordish Pres. Jon Stephens is on 610AM right now.

CoMoChief 06-08-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

That is just DUMB! Hate to turn this into a race thread but ignorance is ignorance. And you wonder why black people play victim... It's because YOU think we're nothing but government assisted filth. You're THAT GUY that fuels the issues with your stereotypes! You're too young to be THAT ignorant.

I know... You probably have black friends.

Another ignorant statement. It's not the Plaza but it's not The Wire either. EVERYBODY can still go there and have a great time without having to look over your shoulder the entire time.

~ Thought you were better than that.

I call it how I see it. Bottom line is KC PL District doesn't want it to become another Westport for obvious reasons.

This isn't racial profiling. I went to PL one Sat night and at the entrance they were telling a group of thugs they couldnt come in because of what they were wearing. They had their pants sagged down with their asses hanging out, wife beaters, and red tilted hats all the same color. These hoodlums are the ones that are calling out P&L people racists. The people complaining about this are the ones that come out of the bad parts of town, claiming that city officials are trying to keep them away by having dress code requirements. You know what? If you dont wanna change out of your gang attire then go somewhere else that allows it (Westport).

There's nothing racist about it. No one is telling them they have to wear those kind of outfits. They CHOOSE to wear that kinda clothing. P&L is trying to stop trouble before it begins. It's been proven over and over again. People like that cause trouble at large gatherings like at late night clubs etc.

Had they come in with jeans just a regular shirt they would have been fine, but the culture they want to bring into that place isn't allowed. It isn't a racist thing as they choose what they want to look like. Put on some clothes that actually makes you look like you give a shit about life and there isn't any problem. The dress code is nothing more than a step to prevent certain issues from ever happening. They never once said "blacks can't come to P&L." There are a lot of african americans that go there. They just dont want any of the gang like activity or atmosphere to even step foot into the place which I totally agree with. The same goes for the white trash that want to present themselves in that manner as well. P&L doesn't want it there, and that's comepletely up to them.

As far as the Jazzy Jeff, I don't really believe his claim in stating they didn't want him to play Hip hop, he's a rap legend and officials KNOW that he's a hip hop legend and they wouldnt have booked him to play there if they didn't want to hear it. Just like they wouldnt book Garth Brooks there if they didn't want to hear country music.

Lzen 06-08-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5824435)
They should have had Carlton come down and spin records.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zS1cLOIxsQ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zS1cLOIxsQ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Demonpenz 06-08-2009 09:58 AM

you holmes smell you later

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824594)
Cordish head Jon Stephens said nothing at all about Jeff straying from a set playlist.

I think they heard or saw something that made them feel uncomfortable.