ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Mountain Lion sighting.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230457)

Jerm 07-08-2010 05:52 PM

Mountain Lion sighting....

So about 30 mins. ago I was heading into Collins to go to the store when a massive golden brown cat with a long tail darts into the road in front of me...it's all country and gravel out here.

I instantly knew what it was...this is the second time I've seen one in 3 years, the other occasion was on 7 Highway up by Creighton. Anyways it went into the field across the road and me being the genius I am, I get out of my car and stand on the back bumper and watch it jog across the field. Sadly the camera on the Droid takes five ****ing millenniums to load and I couldn't get a pic or video of it but I probably watched it for a good minute or two.

I estimate it was about 6 to 6 1/2 ft. long, it crossed the road like it was nothing...a couple of strides, it was massive.

A neighbor of mine claimed to have seen one a while back and his cattle is always acting weird and weary...they stay grouped together and by the fence in the back yard. My other neighbor had a Llama attacked and tore to friggin' shreds about 4 months ago...this shit has got me worried lol.

Thought about reporting it to the MDC but I figured they would just laugh it off as a Bobcat sighting and without a picture or video, it's hard to prove.

Anyone else seen one around.....???

SAUTO 07-08-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6868039)
So about 30 mins. ago I was heading into Collins to go to the store when a massive golden brown cat with a long tail darts into the road in front of me...it's all country and gravel out here.

I instantly knew what it was...this is the second time I've seen one in 3 years, the other occasion was on 7 Highway up by Creighton. Anyways it went into the field across the road and me being the genius I am, I get out of my car and stand on the back bumper and watch it jog across the field. Sadly the camera on the Droid takes five ****ing millenniums to load and I couldn't get a pic or video of it but I probably watched it for a good minute or two.

I estimate it was about 6 to 6 1/2 ft. long, it crossed the road like it was nothing...a couple of strides, it was massive.

A neighbor of mine claimed to have seen one a while back and his cattle is always acting weird and weary...they stay grouped together and by the fence in the back yard. My other neighbor had a Llama attacked and tore to friggin' shreds about 4 months ago...this shit has got me worried lol.

Thought about reporting it to the MDC but I figured they would just laugh it off as a Bobcat sighting and without a picture or video, it's hard to prove.

Anyone else seen one around.....???

collins? is that on 83 HWY?

Jerm 07-08-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6868058)
collins? is that on 83 HWY?

13 and 54...

Sure-Oz 07-08-2010 06:02 PM

I thought this was about lebron

SAUTO 07-08-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6868062)
13 and 54...

yeah i think i asked you before and i realized it after hitting submit

LaChapelle 07-08-2010 06:08 PM

Collins Elkton Wheatland Vista
Huron Flemington Cliquot Humansville
Missouri Rand McNally M- 7&8

ChiefsCountry 07-08-2010 06:11 PM

I know you used to not be able to buy beer at the gas station in Collins.

ZootedGranny 07-08-2010 06:17 PM

I was riding my horse out towards Tall Trees when I spotted a bear. Just as I'm starting to shit a brick, a ****ing cougar came out of nowhere and brutally murdered my horse with one swipe.

**** mountain lions.

Jerm 07-08-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 6868092)
I was riding my horse out towards Tall Trees when I spotted a bear. Just as I'm starting to shit a brick, a ****ing cougar came out of nowhere and brutally murdered my horse with one swipe.

**** mountain lions.

That game is awesome. :toast:

Gonzo 07-08-2010 06:46 PM

You died of dysentery.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-08-2010 07:24 PM

I was attacked by a cougar once ! It was awesome.

FAX 07-08-2010 07:31 PM

After I died of dysentery that one time, I saw a cougar in Kansas. Country road. Near a river. It just stood in the middle of the road looking at us for a few minutes then launched itself into a nearby wooded area. I was so stunned, I never even grabbed my camera. In a way, I'm glad to see them. I expect the local ranchers' opinions to be different, though.

FAX

Halfcan 07-08-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6868062)
13 and 54...

thats the same spot I saw Bigfoot-lol

Al Bundy 07-08-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 6868536)
thats the same spot I saw Bigfoot-lol

My ex-father in law was in Missouri?

RJ 07-08-2010 08:45 PM

I've seen two here in New Mexico. I'm glad to know they're out there.