ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

LiveSteam 12-01-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8158123)
Rumor is A&M is going to can Sherm by the end of the day. If so, they will probably take Sumlin or Smart off the market.

Wonder if Sherm would consider going to ku? He obviously has big recruiting ties in Texas.

NO KU. He is just another underachieving head coach. In the cesspool of shitty coaches

ChiTown 12-01-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8158131)
Zenger will hire the guy that he knows will flat out work harder than anybody else. In turn, the assistants will do the same. I think that would most likely mean a younger coach. Maybe Mark Stoops is the guy.

That's legit. I could definitely see Mark Stoops taking the KU job.

44 Yrs old, Defensive minded, good blood lines, and as a DC at FSU he has his D ranked 6th in Total D. IMO, that would be a solid hire. Now, that doesn't fit the mold that Zenger wants a guy with HC experience, as MS has NEVER been a HC at any level, but I still think he'd do a great job at KU.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8158151)

44 Yrs old, Defensive minded, good blood lines, and as a DC at FSU he has his D ranked 6th in Total D. IMO, that would be a solid hire. Now, that doesn't fit the mold that Zenger wants a guy with HC experience, as MS has NEVER been a HC at any level, but I still think he'd do a great job at KU.

Nah, we don't need defensive help at all haha ;)

Bambi 12-01-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8158116)
The list of possible coaches pegged by LJ world has become more realistic now.

Also, an ESPN insider has listed KU as the bottom openong amongst 6 other openings including UNC and Illinois state or northern Illinois (not sure).
Posted via Mobile Device

It's Illinois.

Braincase 12-01-2011 09:38 AM

More tweets about Pat Fitzgerald. Young, winning at Northwestern...could be interesting.

Bambi 12-01-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8158151)

I think this is a realistic hire that can generate some buzz.

I don't think you give up on the "young up and coming coach" idea just because Gill didn't work out.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-01-2011 09:44 AM

Mark Stoops was ranked 6th? who were the top 5 DC's and are they looking for Head Coaching gigs? :D

Mr. Plow 12-01-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8158160)
More tweets about Pat Fitzgerald. Young, winning at Northwestern...could be interesting.

Didn't he play at Northwestern? Not sure he'd leave that job for KU. I could be thinking of someone else though.

Bearcat 12-01-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8158162)
I think this is a realistic hire that can generate some buzz.

I don't think you give up on the "young up and coming coach" idea just because Gill didn't work out.

I don't think they give up on the "young up and coming coach" because "experienced and established coach" doesn't want the job.

ChiTown 12-01-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8158177)
Didn't he play at Northwestern? Not sure he'd leave that job for KU. I could be thinking of someone else though.

Yes, he played at NW, where he was an absolute stud. I had Season tickets to the NW games back in those days. Good times.

Bambi 12-01-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8158168)
Mark Stoops was ranked 6th? who were the top 5 DC's and are they looking for Head Coaching gigs? :D

Alabama dude is kinda looking.

LSU's John Chaivs, no

Michigan State (Big 10, doesn't count)

South Carolina, Lorenzo Ward...don't think so

Georgia's Todd Grantham. 45 years old; NFL guy

then Mark Stoops

evenfall 12-01-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8158160)

Why would someone with a winning record in the Big Ten leave that job for Kansas?

RockChalk 12-01-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8158213)
Why would someone with a winning record in the Big Ten leave that job for Kansas?

$$$

And he may "flirt" with KU to add some more money to his contract and/or secure an extension with NW

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-01-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8158200)
Alabama dude is kinda looking.

LSU's John Chaivs, no

Michigan State (Big 10, doesn't count)

South Carolina, Lorenzo Ward...don't think so

Georgia's Todd Grantham. 45 years old; NFL guy

then Mark Stoops

Kirby Smart won't be coming to KU, that much is certain. And Lorenzo Ward was the Citadel head coach and failed massively there. hmmm.....

Braincase 12-01-2011 12:34 PM

Mike Stoops = New DC at OSU. A Stoops going home - tears were shed.